LONDON CALLING - Page 27
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 27 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 27 of 100 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 63 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 27 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:22 am

Jack watched as Michael walked to him and he shoom his head " I don't like this" he said watching as Michael moved to the base of a tree. He joind him and used his hands to dig up the soil but quickly recoiled at the strong sensation that hit his fingers. " Michael, get rid of that thing." He said his voice in a slight growl as he spoke. "Sorry, that thing is evil, we should burn it or brake it or something but we need to get rid of it quickly." He said. Jack stepped back further from it.

Jess shivered and looked at Kate worried " I think they found something" she said taking a deep breath in " did you feel that shift?" she asked " it wasn't good, I hope Michael and Jack are safe." She looked to the mountain for a moment before returning to the bread rolls.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:37 am

"Yes," Kate said, as a shiver passed through her. It wasn't thirty seconds before Gabe walked through the kitchen like a man on a mission and went straight out the back door. "Gabe felt it too," Kate said, judging by the pace of Gabe's stride. "He's on it already."

"Let's get this back to the house so Gabe can look at it," Michael said. "Then, I presume we'll destroy it." He quickened his pace to head back to the house, but he was still purposely mindful of looking for anything else suspicious that he might find on the way. Gabe met them at the very edge of the woods.

"What did you dig up?" Gabe scowled.

"We did do some digging--literally," Michael said. "Does this mean anything to you?" Michael handed the pendant to Gabe. Gabe looked at it, scowling deeply.

"Well, this is interesting indeed," Gabe said. He cast a spell on the pendant, and the instant he cast the spell, the cold, dark vibration that had come from it seemed to stop. "It's dead now," Gabe told them. "I deactivated it. Do you know what it is?"

"It's a tracking pendant," Michael said.

"It certainly is," Gabe said. "Seen them before, have you?"

"Yes," Michael said. "And some looked almost identical to this one."

"Probably because I would be they're being made by the same dark alchemist," Gabe said. "I know him well, and he's not a friend. He isn't to be trusted. However, this would explain a lot of the dealings we had with the shapeshifter. It does, however, tell us that the shapeshifter doesn't have to be a brain surgeon so long as she knows someone else who is."

"This alchemist is smart, then?" Michael asked.

"Oh, indeed, yes," Gabe said. "However, this will crimp his style a little by finding one of his little toys and disabling it. Well done, you two. We are significantly safer now for the moment. And your timing seems good, because I think Kate and Jess will soon have lunch ready."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:43 am

Jack followed some what behind Michael and was not suprised to see Gabe meet them. He phisicaly relaxed when the bad vibe he'd been feeling disapeared. " oh thanks Gabe, that thing was bad." he said relaxing again. Watching and listening Jack made note " do tracking Pendants come in diferent shapes or do they all look like this one?" he asked. Wondering if any one could wear one then intenshonaly lose it in some ones home to be able to get back in.

Jess watched Gabe leave and nodded seeing and feeling he was a man on a mission. After amoment the bad feeling lifted and Jess smiled at Kate. "Thank goodness Gabe's handeled it." she said feeling a warmth wash threw the whole house. milk washing the top of the rolls she slipped them into the oven to cook below the scones Kate had put it.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:54 am

"A clever alchemist could make them in any shape or form," Gabe said. "Fortunately for us, and unfortunately for this particular fellow, he is egotistical enough to make them in this particular form as a bit of a signature. Idiot. Or maniac, one or the other. He clearly isn't looking to be stealthy. And it tells us something else. He doesn't work cheap. He commands top dollar, so almost certainly, Tom Gelding is paying him big bucks to infiltrate Robert's operation in whatever way he can do it."

"And," he continued, "we're also blessed by having such a group of seers as we have in this house. We have Jess and Kate and Abbey and Mira, and, when she's here, Khaat. This sort of dark magic vibration would not get past a seer. It would cause them to either hear some sort of vibration or feel some sensation or another if they got near it when it was activated. It might actually have been the very reason Abbey took off through the woods last night. Sounds like she was heading straight for it and ran into the shapeshifter in the process."

Michael was having some significant thoughts of his own.

"Jack," Michael said. "Straight after lunch--we have to get to Angus and Brian and have them orchestrate a search of Brian's estate for any of these little trinkets. And, then we need to get to Paris. Someone has to notify them to search our base there. I don't think we should wait until Robert gets home tonight. I think we should put them on alert as soon as we can manage it. Time could be of the essence. What do you think?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:08 am

Jack listened to Gabe and growled " I don't like the idea these things can be so close" he said " and I agree Jessie and I will inform them when they get here and then we'll both do a search, Jess can come with us and point us in the right location, I don't like using her as a divining rod but is she can sense it, it would make our job easier." he said " In the mean time I'll send a message to let the men know what we found." He said and headed back to the house.

Inside Jess took out the now baked rolls and placed them on the cooling wire to cool looking up she smiled seeing Jack walking towards back door. " did you have a good climb?" she asked and Jack looked at her and then to Kate.

"I take it you both felt what we found?" he asked and Jess nodded continuing to make scones again. " good, Gabe thinks we should sweep Brian and Khaats place incase one was left there too." he said looking at both women. It ws now that Jessie appeared smiling and in a loose casual suit.

"good evining, did I miss anything?" he asked and Jack filled him in. " okay, so a tracking pendant is what were looking for and it could be anything." he said and Jack nodded " oh boy, but a seer can sense it." Jess nodded "all right then, tell me when your ready and I'll help." Jack nodded.

"oh might want to keep your flask on stand by, don't know about you but it made me realy angry when It ws active." he said adn Jess patted his jacket pocket. " good"
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:21 am

"If you lot go to Brian's," Michael said to Jack and Jessie and Jess, I'll go to Paris."

"Take Mira with you," Gabe said, as Mira made her way into the kitchen. "She can help you if you need a seer. Hopefully Robert will be home on time tonight, but Kate and I will hold the fort down here. If I need reinforcements, I'll let you know somehow."

"I'm coming into the middle here, but if I can be helpful, I'll go wherever you need me to go," Mira said.

"I'm sending you with Michael tonight," Gabe said. "He needs a seer with him."

"Then I'm your girl," she told him. Michael nodded.

"I have a pendant that can signal them," Kate said. "We all have them. I'll get one for you and one for Mira before tonight."

"If you and Kate are here by yourselves, Dad, will Abbey be safe?" Mira asked.

"I'll sacrifice myself and this whole place before I sacrifice my granddaughter," Kate said firmly. "She'll be safe. You have my word."

"Nobody's going to lay a hand on her," Gabe said. "I don't think she's the target."

"Then who do you think is?" Kate asked.

"If I were Gelding? I'd go directly at Robert. Going for someone Robert loves won't stop him. It will only make him more driven. If Gelding wants Robert to bear off, he has to go straight for Robert. That's what I'd do if I were Thomas Gelding."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:42 am

All three stood listening and nodded " agreed " Jack said Jessie and Jess nodded. "We'll go now, best to get it over, but if I see Gelding Im tearing him to peices." Jack said now some what more than a little angry.

"Kate could you watch the scones for me please " Jess asked and moved to Jack " it'll be okay." she told him and he nodded. Jessie looked to Kate and then to Michael in confushion when she spoke about a pendant that could summon them. Jack saw the confushion and took out his medallion.

"Michael  do you think we should give Jessie a medallion so he can summon us if needed." he asked " I don't rember Robert giving him one just yet." Jack let the gold medallion lay against his chest as did Jess.

"its okay." Jessie said " if I have to earn it then I will." he said " besides I can stay beside Jack so if we find anything he can alert the others.

Jess shook her head "and how would that be of use , we need you to be mobile and look around." she told him. " we'll speak to Robert when he arrives and see if we can't get you one." Jessie smiled and nodded at just how much trust they had put in him since he had arrived. "now we wait for Robert to arrive." Jess said .

Last edited by Jessie Tyler on Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling corrections)
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:53 am

Kate went downstairs and into Robert's lab. She didn't generally go there without Robert. She didn't normally need to, but she had every permission that Robert did. She got out two men's medallions and one woman's medallion, and she brought them back upstairs. She gave Mira the woman's medallion and then gave the men's ones to Gabe and Jessie and gave them all the short tutorial on how to use them.

"Mira, you stay right with Michael," Gabe told her seriously. "You've not been to Paris, and you don't speak French."

"She'll be fine," Michael reassured Gabe. "Don't worry. Just take care of Kate and Abbey." Kate turned the soup down to a slow simmer, and rescued the scones and the rolls out of the oven, covering them to keep them warm.

"Always," Gabe nodded. Michael offered his hand to Mira, and they ported out to Paris.

"See you lot later," Kate told Jess and Jack and Jessie.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:59 am

Jessie took the medallion and placed it around his neck he listened closly at how to use it and sawe Jack nod his head to him in aproval before he spoke. " okay we'll be off, if we find anything well let you know." Jack said and took Jess by the hand he let Jessie place his hand on his shoulder and ported them to Brian and Khaats home.

"Ok Jess do you feel anything?" Jack asked as Jess shook her head " okay let find Brian and Khaat and bring them up to speed. He lead the other two towards the house and into the living room " Brian, Khaat you here?" he called out Jessie marveled at the place making Jess chuckle.

"You'll get use to it" she said to him as she hung up her coat and took Jessie's to hang up too. " all right I'll start upstairs you guys do the basment and lab." All went there seperate ways including Jessie.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:17 am

It took a moment, but Angus came downstairs.

"Brian's out shoeing the unicorns. He went out early, so he should be nearly finished by now, I would think," Angus said. "Khaat's not back from St. Mungo's. She said she had a big presentation to do on the annual budget, so she thought she might be a little late. She wasn't sure. What's up?"

Michael and Mira arrived at the operations headquarters in Paris without incident and went inside to meet with the crew and to start a search. So far, there was nothing apparently amiss, and while that should have been calming for Michael, it made him very uneasy. It was entirely too quiet. They went through the house once and didn't find anything unusual at all, so they decided to make a second sweep just to be certain. They were making their way through the basement when Michael's medallion went off, flashing a red light. Someone was signaling him. Mira's medallion wasn't going off, though. Just Michael's.

"Robert," Michael said, knowing at once what the red colored light meant. He activated the red light on his medallion to send the signal to Jack. Jack was the most experienced auror they had, aside from Brian and Angus. Michael didn't want to pull Gabe and Kate away from the farm. Nor did he want to take Jessie and Jess from Brian's because the estate was important too. But if Robert was in trouble, he was hoping that Jack would back him and Mira up, and the signal on the medallion should take him straight to Robert.

"Take hold," he told Mira quickly. "We've got to fly." She obeyed, and he activated his medallion to take them to Robert. The medallion took him to the basement hallway in St. Mungos, right outside the door of the hospital's potions lab, and Michael and Mira could both hear some sort of dueling or fighting going on, wands apparently being fired in every direction. They would have to be careful if they didn't want to be fired upon themselves.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 100 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 63 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top