LONDON CALLING - Page 15
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 15 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 15 of 100 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 57 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 15 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Kaden Phoenix Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:27 am

Kaden listened and was about to respond he had no objections when Kate spoke and he just nodded. Listening he sighed and shook his head. He'd not seen Jessie walk up to stand just behind him as Michael spoke.

"I'll go with you Michael." Jessie said then looked at Kaden "We shouldn't be too long." he told him, his tone soft once more making Kaden again blush involenterily towards him. He'd been doing it most of the night each time he had spoken to him.

"of...of course" Kaden said a little flustered as he kept his eyes down at the carpet as he moved to sit next to Robert taking his arm in his hand to check his pulse again.

"Okay, where we off to, to get this potion?" He asked Micahel " also do I need a jacket?" he knew it was growing late and so the sun would be down.He accioed his jacket and slipped it on now ready for where ever they were going. Jessie looked at Kate and smiled " we'll bring it back for him don't worry."
Kaden Phoenix
Kaden Phoenix
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 315

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:49 am

Michael was going to tell Jessie that he should certainly take a jacket but Jessie was getting it anyway. Michael drew a large American antique coin from his pocket.

"I'm afraid you'll have to hang onto me, Mate," Michael said. "The coin isn't big enough for you to hang onto. We'll have to use a portkey. Don't drop off before we land, will you? That could be bad. Take my arm, and don't let go til we land."

Michael ported them through some fierce winds and cold weather to land in the hallways of a rather posh apartment building. He looked around to see what floor they were on.

"One floor off," Michael said. "We have to go up one. You can do stairs, right?" He opened the door to the staircase and went up the stairs to the next floor and went partway down the hall and knocked on the door. He would knock first, but if there was no answer, he had no compunction about picking the lock and letting himself and Jessie in.

It took a bit. Michael drew out a case from his inside jacket pocket and got out a lockpick. He had the lock open and opened the door just as a figure finally reached the door to answer.

"If it were anybody else but you, I'd shoot you," Lee Shepherd yawned, standing in the doorway in his robe. "What can you possibly need at this hour of the night? It's after three am."

"Ask us in," Michael said.

"I don't know if I want to," Lee frowned.

"Yes. You do," Michael said, hinting that this was important.

"This better be worth waking me up for," Lee said, "And Tyler. I didn't think I'd be seeing you again this soon." A part of Lee wondered if Robert was sending Tyler back already. Lee stood away from the door and motioned them in. Michael went in, knowing Tyler would follow.

"Robert's been hurt," Michael said. "Relatively minor for him, but it was avoidable if he hadn't been caught up in more insomnia. He needs your help."

"I'm not a healer, Tremaine," Lee said.

"No, and I'm not asking you to. I need a bottle of that black market dreamless sleep potion."

"Oh, so that's it," Lee said, understanding. "And why would you think I keep any here?"

"Because you're Robert's friend, just like I am. And we both know that was the only thing that helped him once before."

"That was years ago," Lee said.

"But we both know it was the only thing that helped him get through it."

"And we're back there again, are we?"

"If we weren't, Tyler and I wouldn't be here, and not at this hour," Michael said.

"Alright. Wait here," Lee said, going into another room.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaden Phoenix Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:59 am

Jessie looked at Kaden then moved to Michael holding onto his arem he nevr took his eyes off Kaden as they left. he frlet the chill and bite as they landed and chuckled " ho back home" he said and looked where Micahel was looking " yes sir." he said happily. Reatching the floor they needed he stood guard ad Michael knocked then strted to pick the lock.

He was sumwhat suprised to see Lee again but smiled and shook his head " don't worry I've not cocked up again...yet" he said chuckaling . were here on business." he listened more and relazed this was but a pit stop before they actually got to where they were ment to be.

"ah re-enforcments." Jessie said watching Lee leave to fetch something.

Kaden watched as Jessie and Michael left, it left worry going threw his mind, something he'd not felt before. Now he hoped Jessie and Micahel came back from what ever they had to do in one peice. He looked at Kate wondering if she could feel it roling off him.
Kaden Phoenix
Kaden Phoenix
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:15 am

"You won't find this stuff in Diagon Alley or in Knockturn either one," Michael told Jessie. "I don't know for sure where Lee gets it, but I'm glad he can stlll get it."

It took a few minutes, but when Lee returned, he was dressed, and Michael felt the cold night air still rolling off of Lee's clothes. Lee had gone out to get it and had come back. Michael had not heard Lee leave or return, but that did not necessarily surprise him. In Lee's hand was a glass bottle that had a dark potion in it that had what looked like tiny glowing stars in the bottle, and the stars were swirling in glowing mist. It reminded Michael of a miniature galaxy. That was the stuff alright.

"This is exceptionally concentrated," Lee cautioned him. "Do not give him a whole dose. Only half will have him out for a good eight to ten hours. And no more than once in a 24 hour period. If this doesn't do it, bring him to me. You'll have to leave him with me for a couple days, but we have some advanced things since this. But I don't keep them here."

"I'm not leaving him anywhere," Michael said. "If I have to bring him, I'm bringing me too. You'll have to deal with that. "

"Keep me posted on how he does," Lee said. He looked at Tyler. "This never happened, and you haven't seen anything. You got that?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaden Phoenix Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:29 am

Jessie looked at Michael then to Lee as he returned now holding a vial and completely dressed. He listened and looked to Lee when he spoke " what happened ?" he said smirking at Lee " all I saw was you in your pajamas" He could not help tease a little. " besides Im sure Kaden will make sure he has the right dose, he's from St Mungos, a healer." he said with a smirk and a slight tindge to his cheeks. Coghing to stop him from thinking about Kaden he looked at Michael.

"we should get that to Kate" Jessie said stepping closer to Miachael so they could leave.

Kaden had been pacing and checking on Robert just to keep himself ocupied. It was his job but worrying about some one he'd just met was not part of it and felt strange in the least. Did he like the guy? he shook his head he had to think of work that was why he was there. He had to focus. Moving back to the bed he felt Robert plus for the third time that hour. He made notes as he would in the hospital.

He was relived when Jessie returned with Michael safe and sound, so much so he sat down on the chair next to Robert. " he's not woken or moved yet." he told them " thats a dreamless sleep potion, my father told me about it." he looked at both of them and shook his hed " I did not see it." he said out loud with his back turned to both of them.
Kaden Phoenix
Kaden Phoenix
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:44 pm

"I had to make a quick trip out to go get it," Lee said. He frowned slightly when Jessie mentioned a St. Mungo's healer. "Isn't the Lupin family rather awash in healers? I thought Khaat and Brian were healers, not to mention what's-his-name's wife--no offence intended. Just can't remember her name at this ungodly hour, not without coffee anyway."

"Jess," Michael said. "Yes. It's a long story, but at this point, we're not quibbling about who tends Robert, just so long as its properly done."

"You will keep me informed, right?"

"Of course," Michael said. "Thank you. How much do we owe you?"

"Robert owes me, not you all. I'll put it on his tab," Lee said.

When Michael got back with Jessie to the farm, Kate was in the kitchen dicing up some fish for Archangel. Michael realized she was just keeping her hands busy. She looked up and him, and he nodded to her slightly, confirmation that he had gotten when he'd gone out for. She merely went back to cutting up fish. He took the potion to the bedroom and he wasn't surprised at Whittemore's recognition of it.

"Well, yes," Michael said, "it is, but I also presume you notice that dreamless potions are purple and this one is not a plain purple color. This is an uncommon variation of it, and its one that won't be leaving my possession because there's a trick to it, and if you don't know the trick, it can be exceptionally dangerous."

He went to the dresser, opened a drawer and found a pretty little potions dose cup in an elegantly engraved lead crystal. Robert had showed him the rather cleverly engraved potions dose markings that had been included into the design of the engraving. He knew with this potion, the potion needed to be gently and smoothly swirled in the bottle until the little stars had simply seemed to dissolve and the potion glowed a soft, shimmering purple color. Then it was safe to pour. Robert had once showed him the special swirling motion the potion required and the special wrist movement it took. Michael had put it all to memory back then. Now, when it shimmered, Michael meticulously poured a half a dose and then handed it to Whittemore to double check his measuring, putting the bottle back in his pocket.

"Half. Yes?" he asked Whittemore. "That's all we dare give, not a drop more, and obviously not til he's conscious. He's had this before without any adverse effects, and it helped him break out of a cycle of severe insomnia. I'm hoping it will do the same again, but he's not likely to take it willingly, not from anybody. I might have some luck with him, though--but it's just a suggestion."

He saw something out of the corner of his eye, and when he looked over, he saw Robert moving. Michael automatically sat down on the bed beside Robert. It took a moment, but finally Robert opened his eyes and looked at Michael.

"Can't be heaven if you're here," Robert frowned.

"True," Michael laughed. "And it isn't hell either because Kate's here. I'm afraid you're just back where you started."

"Damn," Robert said. Michael laughed out loud.

"Do you remember what happened?" Michael asked him.

"Yes," Robert replied. "I mixed gunpowder and a magical explosive powder, but they do nothing on their own. It needed an accelerant powder. It shouldn't have been a problem, but when I added it, the whole bloody batch blew."

"What was the accelerant?"

"A new kind from a little alchemist's place that I know. He's always had top notch stuff."

"Well, clearly, this stuff wasn't."

"No, and that concerns me. He's an ally," Robert said. Michael got the message. Robert was deliberately being vague to avoid anyone else knowing exactly what was being discussed.

"I hear you," Michael reassured him. "I'm on it. Don't worry. Next order of business--you. You've been out for hours. They say you've got a concussion."

"Explains why my head hurts," he shrugged, not concerned.

"There's a healer here from St. Mungo's."

"That's okay. I'm his boss anyway."

"You never quit, do you?" Michael laughed. Robert looked over and saw Kaden.

"You must be the new bloke. Do not make me count your fingers. I am not seeing double. I'm fine, except for a bloody big headache," Robert told him.

"I don't know why we were worried. He's in fine form," Michael told Whittemore.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaden Phoenix Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:35 pm

Kaden looked at Michael and then the potion, With a sigh ne nodded. " I have seen it before, once, my father used it on a patiant who became violent becuse he couldn't sleep, that was years ago."

He quickly moved to Robert helping him to slowly sit up "Yes Sir and I wasn't going to sir" He said placing several pillows behind Roberts back as he could see roberts eyes were fine" Just gald to have you back with us sir" he said relaxing his body a little as he straightened the covers over Robert.

"I would how ever advise you still rest." Kaden sugested " and I think Kate would agree." He moved to stand with Jessie who himself was viably relaxed having Robert back. He saw Jessie rub his eyes trying to rid the tiredness that sat within them. " May I make a sugention, that you all get some rest as it is getting late here, I'll watch over Mr Lupin."

Jessie moved out of the room to the kitchen and over to Kate " Ma'am, hes awake if you want to go see him." He told her gently hoping to give her some peace. He flicked on the kettle. He saw some cookies and took one to eat as he refilled the tea and coffee pot.
Kaden Phoenix
Kaden Phoenix
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:00 pm

"Thank you," Robert told Kaden. "I'm sure you're right. Kate would agree. She can sometimes be a bit of a worrywart." The truth was that Kate usually had good right to worry in the rare times that she did. She was a strong woman, one of the strongest women Robert had ever met, but there were times that he'd given her cause to worry, and he knew it. This situation, though, there was something else to it, something that he wanted his team on, and he wasn't sure it could wait.

"Take someone with you and go check the alchemist's," Robert told Michael.

'You work with so many. Which one am I checking?" Michael said.

"You'll know," Robert told him, looking squarely at him, deliberately passing on a hint. Michael nodded.

"On one condition," Michael said.

"What?" Robert scowled, looking irritated. He hated conditions unless he was the one making them.

"This," Michael took the dose from Whittemore and handed it to Robert. "Can't afford to have you slipping, Mate. It's gone on entirely too long as it is. The house is full of people. You can afford a morning off. As it is, you'll likely be awake before noon."

"I need to go through both of those room, though."

"Yes. You do," Michael agreed, "but none of those things are going to crawl around on their own and cause trouble. That will keep. I'll go check the alchemist and see where it leads me if you get some sleep."

"I'd rather have some French roast."

"I'll make you a whole pot when you wake up," Michael promised. Robert sighed and reluctantly took the potion and handed the cup back to Michael.

"Nag," Robert scowled at him.

"I am. I apologize," Michael said, as the sleep potion took effect quickly, sending Robert against his will into a deep sleep. "Finally," Michael said. He looked at Whittemore. "I don't expect he'll be able to wake until probably nine or ten at the soonest. It's supposed to hold until noon, but a full night's sleep for him is only about five hours or so. I hope he sleeps til noon, but I won't be surprised if he's awake at nine. I hope to be back by then. I'm sure Khaat or Brian will relieve you when your shift is over, though, regardless."

Kate was more than a little relieved when Jessie said Robert was awake. She had gotten to the bedroom doorway just in time to see Michael talk Robert into the sleeping potion and into getting some rest. As much as she had wanted to talk to him, she was glad to see Michael manage to talk him into getting some sleep. Michael could reason with him when few other people could.

"Thank you, Michael," Kate said. "Did he seem alright to you?"

"He did, but we have work to do. Let Whittemore do his job. I need you and the others to come with me." He went to the kitchen, motioning the others to follow him.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaden Phoenix Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:27 pm

Kaden nodded and looked at Robert and michaels interaction and then to Jesie " guess I'll have my bag on stand by ..again" he said sitting next to Robert in the bed. Jessie who'd walked in with Kate chuckled and moved to Michael.

"shall we head out now." he asked " might be quite the trail to follow." he accioed hos bo and slipped it into his pocket along with a packet of fudge pausing to look at michael " hey you got me into these." he said popping one into his mouth as he waited for them to leave " and I hope you know which alchamist hes talking about. " Jessie asked doing up his jacket as he waited.
Kaden Phoenix
Kaden Phoenix
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:54 pm

"Why do you think that all the healers in this family have bags at the ready?" Michael asked Whittemore. "They use messenger bags because the shoulder straps leave both hands free, but with this lot, they're a necessity." He headed to the kitchen, and Jessie was ready to leave to go somewhere already.

"Hold on, Boy," Michael told him. "You've got your cart ahead of your horse. We don't know where we're going, not yet. Here's what I know. Robert has various friends around the globe who specialize in all sorts of custom things, and Robert has recruited quite a long list as allies. In his own cryptic way, he's telling me that he feels that something has gone wrong with one of them. Now, before we go anywhere I have to find which ally he's talking about."

"We're looking for one of his encrypted journals, aren't we?" Brian rolled his eyes. He'd run into these books before. Not only were the books bloody hard to find but decoding them wasn't one bit easier.

"Yes," Michael said.

"I can decode now," Kate said. "I've managed to crack his code."

"Oh, good girl!" Michael was impressed. "Well done, Kate. Now, if you only knew where the books are."

"No, I"m sorry, I don't," she sighed.

"He wouldn't have been as obvious as to hide them in plain sight in the library, would he?" Brian asked.

"Perhaps," she shrugged.

"But not bloody likely," Michael said. "I'm going downstairs. Maybe there's a little scrap of something that your cleaning spell didn't suck up, Kate." He went downstairs to the weapons room and used Robert's spell to open the room again. He was aware it had a time sensitive spell on it that locked the door again if the room wasn't used in a certain interval of time. He opened the door and went in. Kate's spell had been very efficient, but, if some little scrap of paper had gotten caught someplace, it might still exist. He searched for quite awhile, and then he saw a small little ink stain on Robert's work table. It was a most unusual color--swirls of iridescent pink, purple, teal, and blue, all together in one little stain. He'd never seen Robert use that ink before. That, he hoped, was helpful. He found nothing more useful in the weapons room, so he went upstairs to the potions lab, and sure enough, on the desk in the potions lab was a peacock feather quill, and in the desk cubby hole behind the quill and inkwell there was a bottle of the strange, multicolored ink. He went back upstairs.

"Look here," Michael said. "I have never seen a bottle of ink with so many colors swirled together, and it certainly isn't anything that Robert would prefer. That has to be important. Two of you, go hit that library--all four floors of it. Look for some sort of book with that ink on the spine somehow. Kate, can you search the potions lab for something that looks like that? I have no idea what we're looking for. It could be a book, an envelope, a scroll, anything with some sort of iridescent shimmer to it in those colors. Be open minded. Robert is good at hiding things. Jack, you take Jessie and go hit the weapons room. It's open. Don't muck around with much of anything. There could still b things amiss down there. I think Jess should search Abbey's playroom in case he's hidden it in there. Let's see how quickly we can find things."

(fyi--they don't know it yet but they're actually looking for a book that has a rune on it in that ink. it'll be one of those false books that opens up and has a key. Then they'll have to track down where the keyhole is to find one of Robert's little hidey holes. lol)

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 100 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 57 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top