LONDON CALLING - Page 17
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 17 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 17 of 100 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 58 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 17 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:53 am

Jessie shook his head " no thank you." he told the man when he was offered coffee He glanced around looking at the area around them while Michael spoke to Gabriel on hearing his name he nodded " with Jack and I here we could easily." Jessie told Michael.

Jack moved to Jessie "We can wipe when there gone, maybe take them to the safe house in paris." Jack said to Michael turning to look at the woman and the man, Gabriel. Somthing about him to Jack didn't sit right why would Robert send them out to help these pople when he could have just informed Lee and got them out officaly.

"so your an alchamist?" Jack asked "and how long have you known Robert" Jack probed the man as he was suspishiose that the man was involved and trying to get out of being in trouble.

Jessie looked around the room picking up some bottles of colored powders. He didn't recognise any but some he did as gun powder. One held the same powder he'd smelled on Robert. Holding up the bottle he looked at the man " is this what you gave to Robert?" he asked before gently taking off the lid and carfully smelling it.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:42 am

It was Miranda's turn to react now, and she instantly became angry and defensive when Jack and Jessie started to question Gabriel. She walked right up to Jessie and snatched the bottle of powder away from him and then went to Jack and stood right up to him glaring at him right in the face.

"I don't like you," she told Jack hotly. "How dare you come in here, into our home, and start treating us like we'd have done something to hurt Robert! We didn't need you before, and we don't need you now. We don't need anybody!..."

"Miranda," Gabriel said gently to calm her, "they're as devoted to him as we are. They're just trying to protect him. Stand down. It's alright." He looked at Jack. "I've know Robert since before the safehouse actually even existed in Paris. I lived there at the time, but I moved here because some of the ingredients I used in my work in those years were much easier to get here in the southwest than they were in Paris. I was a mate of Sirius's, and it was he who introduced me to Remus and Robert and Katherine--Sorry. Kate." He looked at the jar of powder and then at Jessie. "Yes, that's what Robert bought from me. Same powder, different batch. What Robert bought was from a different batch. He bought the last of what I had in that batch, and I ordered more. If there is a problem with one of my powders, I should be able to tell it and tell you what's gone wrong with it. Maybe even an idea of who might have done it, depending on how it was tainted. Look, I'm an alchemist, and a good one, and I make some very specific toys for Robert."

Michael was getting it. Robert did periodically have some very interesting little toys for the men to take on some of their missions. Michael had sent a few exploding distraction devices on a mission fairly recently. He couldn't remember if Jack had been on that mission or not.

"Did you do those shouting poppers?" Michael asked Gabriel.

"Yeah, those were mine," Gabriel answered.

"Voice activated explosives. All we had to do was to shout the number of the explosive and it would go off with a bang loud enough to make me lose my hearing if I'd been any closer, and purposely set off a huge cloud of smoke. Made for some handy smoke screens. I rather liked those. Irked Gelding to no end."

"Good. Glad to hear it. It's about time I could cause that lunatic a temper tantrum," Gabriel said. "I owe him that and a lot more hell where that came from.

"Alright. Get your things," Michael told Gabriel and Miranda. "I'm convinced." He looked at Jack and Jessie. "I trust you two can find your way home. I'm going to go ahead and get Gabriel and Miranda out of here. You clean up. Don't leave any trace that any of us were ever here, us or them, and then follow straight back. Can you both manage that?"

Gabriel motioned for Miranda to get her bag. Gabriel took one last look to make sure he wasn't leaving anything behind and then he saw an old photograph stuck to the wall with a pushpin. He took it off the wall and put it in his shirt pocket.

"That's all," he told Michael. "We're ready." He took Miranda by the hand.

(Michael hasn't ported them out yet, but once jessie and jack agree, i'm good with you mention that you saw michael port them out if you want. michael is going to take them back to robert's farm for now.)

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:24 pm

Jessie watched Miranda as she snatched the bottle from him and spoke harshly to her he was going to respond but decided not to as Michael spoke up for them both. Jessie moved to stand with Jack who now stood with his arms folded across his chest.

Jack chuckled at Miranda and growled softly " and I don't like my freind being hurt." He told her as Michael spoke up once more "Right, what he said, and I rember that." Jack told them all. "Those came in very handy." Jack finished they both stood listening to the two men taling.

Jessie kept his eyes on Miranda and around the room even thought Micahel had said to stand down, he just couldn't. Maybe it was his trainning but he couldn't stand down and relax in a strange place.

Once Michael spoke to them again both men nodded " yes Sir" they both said together. Seeing Micahel, Gabriel and Miranda leave Jesie and jack cleaned up the place so it looked like nobody had been there or lived there in years. Once donw they ported back to the farm. Jessie headed to hang up the jackets while Jack went to report to Michael.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:52 pm

When Kate saw Michael arrive back, with guests with him, it took her a minute to recognize them.

"Gabriel!" she was surprised and thrilled to see him again.

"God, Kate, it's been so long!" he broke into a wide smile,  and so did Miranda. In a moment, he had Kate wrapped in his arms in a strong hug. "All these years, and you're more beautiful than ever."

"And you're still full of it," she laughed. "Mira! Can it be? Heavens, have you grown!" She let go of Gabriel to welcome Miranda in a huge warm hug. Miranda hung onto her as if she had been reunited with her own mother.

"I've missed you so much, Aunt Kate," she said curling tight into Kate. "Khaat and Brian are here somewhere. They'll be so excited to see you."

"They're in trouble, Kate," Michael said. "Robert clearly wanted them moved."

"We'll handle it," Kate said, as if the matter were already settled. She looked at Miranda and Gabe. "We have plenty of places for you to stay. In the meantime, the tea and coffee are on, and I'm just starting making breakfast. You'll join us for breakfast, and then we'll get you settled in." Michael saw that Kate was chopping vegetables for a breakfast casserole. He picked up the job where she had left off, taking her chef's knife and dicing some bell peppers and onions and mushrooms.

"Do Miranda and I have time for showers?" Gabriel asked.

"Absolutely. You know where they are. Make yourselves at home," she told them. They went down the hallway, and she looked at Michael and Jack and Jessie.

"Thank you for bringing them," Kate said. "Gabriel and his wife Taffy joined the Paris operation shortly after we first formed it, and they've always been incredibly dedicated and loyal to us. Tom Gelding's father killed Taffy with a killing curse one night in a mission gone wrong, when Mira was just a tiny baby. Gabe asked Robert and me to be godparents to Mira, in case anything ever happened to him. Gabe's raised her alone. If Robert sent you to fetch them, then he had good reason to do it. After breakfast, I'll ask Brian if they can't use one of the cabins over on Brian's estate. They'll be safer there. In the meantime, Michael and I will finish fixing breakfast."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:24 pm

Jess and Jack watched the interaction and smiled. " seems a good man" Jack said and smiled wider seeing Jess walk out of the playroom. Jack walked over to her and told her about the new people in the room.

"we have spare rooms Kate "she said and smiled " I can show them where everything is." she then turned to Jack " Jack can you fire up the barbaque, I think now is a good time for smoked ribs and stake for dinner" Walking over to them she held out her hand to both of them " I'm Jess, pleasure to meet you both." she said with a warm welcoming smile. " Kate Abby's sound asleep in her room, I think Khaat was reading her a story then going to find Brian. " after the hunt everything was in a mes so I set several cleaning spells goingand cleaned up the playroom."

Jack hung his jacket up as Jes left for the room he'd been given. Reatching it he breathed out . Glad to have some brething space, it wasn't that he hated company but he was not good around others as he already fighting his other side. He placed his jacket down on the bed and sat down to take off his boots.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:39 pm

"Thank you, Jess. I don't know what I'd do without you," Kate said, glad that Jess could find rooms for Gabe and Mira. Jess was good at helping people feel at home, and Kate was always glad for her help. Michael had put together the breakfast casserole and put it in the oven, and he was putting together a couple of quick breads. He decided on a banana nut bread and a strawberry muffin bread with a sanding sugar top.

"Jess, can you put together a quick fruit salad? I think I'm going to set up the sideboard in the dining room for a breakfast buffet so people can fix their own plates. I think that will be easier," Kate said.

Meanwhile, in the bedroom, Robert was waking. He wanted to clean up, shave, change, and get some coffee, not necessarily in that order.

"Are you still here?" Robert looked at the healer that was still in the bedroom. "I thank you, but I am relatively in one piece. Why don't you go get yourself a cup of fresh tea or coffee while I clean up a little? I really do want to get some of the ash and cinders off. I think I'll be fine for ten minutes."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:53 pm

Jess nodded and lead the two new people to their room then returned. Hearing Kate ask her to make a fruit salad she took out the fresh ingrediants and began preparing them into a bowl. " of course, and that sounds a good idea with how many we have now. She continued to make the salad.

Kaden nodded as Robert woke. " Just doing my job sir, and I will now." he picked up hi bag and headed towards the kitchen passing a room with its door open. Glancing inside he saw Jessie Layed on his bed his arm over his eyes. Lightly knocking Kaden pushed open the door.

"you okay?" he asked as Jesie moved his head to look at him " yeah, just so much going on, kinda dosn't help with my condition." he told him. Kaden walked in and sat on the end of Jessies bed.

"um..have you tried meditation or Kava tea, its good for Anxiety, might help." he sugested Jessie sighed and shook his head.

" Back home I'd talk to my dad, or my best freind but here..." he drifted off his words Kaden chuckled.

"you know Im not doing anything right now, talk to me." he spoke softly to him. His words comfotying and calming. Jessie sat up on his arm and looked at Kaden as he began.

Jack walked out to the barbaque lifting the lid he decided it needed cleaning before they could use it, Hearing Kate talk about what they could have for breakfast he smiled and headed for the fridge taking out a bunch of sausages and steaks to put on the barbaque knowing Jessie would aprechiate some meat in his diet.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:18 am

Kate went into the dining room and set up the sideboard with plates, bowls, glasses, mugs, silverware and napkins. Then she added pitchers of milk and juice and fresh tea and coffee, with milk and sugar and lemon on the side for whoever wanted it. She added trivets and serving spoons for serving the dishes. Then she made sure the table in the dining room was cleared and ready, and she cleaned the patio table in case someone wanted to eat outside.

Jack's steak and sausages were smelling wonderful. It was unusual for charcoal grilled steaks for breakfast, but the smell was making Kate hungry.

"Jack, you're making me hungry," she told him. "They smell wonderful. Do you want me to bring you out some bacon? That fire looks like it could do bacon in a moment or two. It looks pretty hot."

Robert showered and shaved and dressed in jeans and a denim short and beige canvas slip-on boat shoes. He had no intention of trying to go to St. Mungo's, mainly because he still had a severe headache. It didn't surprise him. The bruises and lacerations to his face that he saw when he looked in the mirror told him that he would get little done at work other than explaining himself, and he, frankly, wasn't in the mood.

What he was in the mood for was coffee. He made his way to the kitchen and poured himself a mug and saw Michael taking out a couple loaves of something-or-other.

"Well, the dead has arisen," Michael teased. "How are you feeling?"

"A notch or two above dead," Robert teased back. "Ask me after coffee."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:36 am

Jessie finished talking to Kaden who by his standards was a good listener. " okay I smell food, we should go see." he said to Kaden who smiled and stood up with him.

"I'm at sparks for 8am, for my morning pot of tea, would you join me?" he asked and Jessie nodded.

"yeah, I'll do that." he said and together they walked into the kitchen just as they hard Jack call out from the garden.

"oh sounds delisious idea" Jack called Jessie picked up a tray of bacon off the counter and headed out with Kaden behind him. " hey Jack heres the bacon." Jessie said as Jack turned and pointed to a small table next to him. " Hey Jessie put it there, best grab some coffee now Roberts up and god only knows if there will be any left." Jack chuckled as he turned over a steak hearing it sizzle. Jessie smelt the mean and paused in his steps.

"Okay focus and breath" came Kadens voice" wheres your flask?" Jessie pointed to his thigh pocket and Kaden reatched in retreving it. Opening it he held it out for Jessie to take.

"thanks." he said again after hed taken his dose. " I need to put a reminder on my watch to, wel remind me to take it." he showed Kaden the watch and it was one of those digital ones. Kaden took his hand in his own and gently grasped his wrist. pushing a few buttons he looked up at jessie.

"there done, now you won't forget, I also set one for our breakfast tea." he said Jessie nodded but didn't take his hand back right away.

"Hey guys, tea coffee and food inside." Jack said taking a tray of cooked sausages into the dinning room and placing then beside eveything else. Jessie and Kaden pulled apaetr and headed in.

Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:52 am

Kate noticed Jessie taking more wolfsbane. It made her a little concerned because he seemed like he was hitting it a little hard lately. Jessie seemed to be a bit more tightly wound was than Jack had been when he was adjusting to having the curse. Still, she didn't want to see Jessie feeling like wolfsbane was going to ease his anxiety. She understood that being misdiagnosed had been traumatizing, but he needed different ways of coping. She hoped he would learn to separate his anxiety from the symptoms of the curse. More of the werewolves she had run into had more risk of changing at night when they were out in the moonlight, not so much in the morning sunshine. Not having ever been through the curse herself, she had no right to question him, but she hoped that in due time, if Jack didn't have a word with him, Robert would.

She went back into the kitchen and was a little surprised to see Robert up and dressed already. She reached into a bowl of berries on the counter and gave a little handful of them to Abbey who dashed off with them. It was then that Robert came over and embraced her.

"I'm sorry, my dear," he said softly. "I didn't mean for that to happen. Sorry if I rattled you."

"I'm just glad you're alright," she said. "I'm not ready to fight the monsters of the wizarding world alone."

"You wouldn't be alone, but I hear you. I wasn't ready to leave you either." He saw her casting a bit of a glance jessie's way, and he touched her hand to gently encourage her to do nothing with Jessie for now. Robert was going to give him more room to try to figure it out for himself.

At that point Gabe and Mira came into the kitchen, and Robert and Gabe hugged each other.

"You have to know I would never..." Gabe began.

"I know," Robert brushed his concerns aside. "It wasn't you. I'll get to the bottom of it. I'm just glad you and Mira are safe." He gave Mira a hug.

"I don't know what I'd have done, Uncle Robert, if..." Mira began.

"You can't get rid of me that easily," he teased.

"Mira, let's give a hand taking the breakfast to the sideboard," Gabe said. Gabe and Mira helped Michael and Kate take the dishes to the sideboard, and Robert went into the dining room, where everyone else was starting to gather.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 100 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 58 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top