LONDON CALLING - Page 58
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 58 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 58 of 100 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 79 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 58 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Kaden Phoenix Thu May 26, 2022 1:20 am

Jack ran Jessie ragged to the point he had forgot about feeling depressed and was glad Jack had made him run. " Thanks Jack for the run.." Jessie said and Jack waved him off.

"look if you ever need or feel that way again , run its the best thing I found to get rid of those feelings." he told him he turned and looked back at the house before he spoke again " beside I know what your going threw sort of." together they sat down on part of the assault course. " I wasn't asked to be turned, that was my brothers doing, you yours was accidental so again you didn't ask for it." he said " but if you hadn't been turned what would you be doing?" he asked watching Jessie start to think.

"I guess the same as I am now, working security for some company and finding some one to spend the rest of my life with" it was now Jessie realized he was still doing the same things, nothing had changed, nether his plans or his life.

"Right, just now you have something different and dear I might say special that needs understanding, think of it like an adaptaion, you know um what is it you guys say all the time....oh adapt and overcome right, look at it that way, now come on I think theres desert still left." Jack stood up as did Jessie who now smiled.

"Thanks Jack" he said Jack chuckled and bumped him lightly with his shoulder.

"Don't mention it, isn't this what big borthers are for?" Jack said and Jessie laughed " am I right little brother?" This made Jessie laugh more.

Kaden heard Jessies laughter and looked at Robert " now thats a sound Im happy to hear." he said smiling

Kaden Phoenix
Kaden Phoenix
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 315

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu May 26, 2022 1:35 am

"They're fine," Robert told Kaden. "You two should give some thought to checking out Brian's cabins at least for some place temporary when you need to be closer to the team. The cabins are close enough to the house to be there any time Jessie's needed, and it's far enough away that it gives you a place of your own and a life of your own. It's secure since it's on the estate property, and, it puts Jessie right where he needs to be for his training. And, for team members, there's no extra charge for rent or utilities. Brian pays it as an additional employment benefit. Most of the time, everyone is over at Khaat's anyway. It's actually highly unusual for even Kate and I to be here much. We have a room over at Khaat's that we stay in a good portion of the time simply because that's where we're needed. I think Jack and Jess have one of the cabins. They did at one time, i know. They can tell you more, I'm sure."

"Robert," Kate called, "you might want to lend a hand. Gabe and Mira are having some sort of a shouting match in the library."

"I'll give you two guesses what that's about," Robert looked at Kaden with a n amused grin. "And the first guess doesn't count. Well, I'd better go peel Gabe off the ceiling because it sounds like he's hit the roof over the idea of Mira becoming a catburglar."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaden Phoenix Thu May 26, 2022 1:45 am

Kaden listened and nodded his head " I will definatly talk to Brian about that I can always rent out my apartment but does he alow cats?" he asked " I feel its time for us to take the next step I know thats what Jessie wants as do I." seeing Kate walk out he chuckled " oh boy, best defuse that." he said as he saw Jack and Jessie walking over both laughing as they drew close.

"what Mira still wanting to be a cat burgler?" Jack asked as they drew close and had heard Kate. Kaden looked pussled at him and he tapped his ears " sensative hearing, another thing Jessie needs to learn about." Jack said as Jessie lent on his shoulder a little. Kaden stood up and took Jessie hand walking a short ways away from Jack.

"Listen Robert made a sugestion, how about we talk to Brian about renting one of the cabins, together." he told him, Jessies eyes lit up and he smiled.

"of course, that would be wonderful." Jessie said moving to kiss him deeply " that would be perfect, we could do it now ..well once Mira and Gabe stop shouting." Kaden placed his hands on Jessies cheeks and made him look at him.

"your apsolutly sure about this it means a big change, for not just me but Milo too." he said Jessie nodded his head. " all right, lets talk to Brian then." Kaden took Jessies hand and walked abck to a smiling Jack.

"not cabin twelve, thats Jess and I's" he said with a wink "ow and please keep the noise down, nabours might talk "he joked seing Jessie roll his eyes."
Kaden Phoenix
Kaden Phoenix
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu May 26, 2022 2:04 am

Robert headed back in the house hearing Gabe telling Mira there was no money in it to be had. Robert didn't want to burst Gabe's flimsy defense, but the fact of the matter was that Michael was very well off. He wanted for absolutely nothing, and he could well afford anything else that struck his fancy that he might still want. Robert was certain, though, that Gabe did not want to hear that Michael was stinking filthy rich because Michael didn't look like it. He was not one to flaunt it. He lived very simply.

"Gabe," Robert intervened. "I do realize the final word is yours, and far be it for me to interfere but Mira has never been discouraged by your utter refusals. Perhaps she'll learn the truth of what the work is like if you put her in Michael's hands."

"You're endorsing this?" Gabe looked at him incredulously.

"No. Not entirely. I'm suggesting that you let Michael show her the truth of it, the good and the rest of it. Sometimes a dose of realism is for the best."

"Michael isn't going to be able to teach her anything for weeks!" Gabe said.

"Yes. I know," Robert said quietly. Gabe looked at Robert and understood. That was exactly part of Robert's point.

"Robert Thomas Lupin, I swear..." Gabe began. Then he stopped and sighed, giving in. "You win...."

"It wasn't my contest to win, Gabe," Robert said quietly. "She's got a brilliant mind and adventurous spirit. Very much like Kate and like Brian. You aren't going to win trying to hold her with a closed fist. She'll grow to hate you for it. I understand your natural fear for her wellbeing, but the more you try to discourage her, the more she'll be driven right to it. The best you can do is to let us train her like the rest of the team, and right with the rest of the team. She'll have to make the grade just like I expect them to do. And, when Michael is ready, he can assess her for himself."

"You wouldn't cut corners for her because of her age?"

"How would that help her if I did?" Robert frowned.

"Alright. She's all yours."

"Good," Robert said. "I expect her up and dressed and ready to join the others for their morning run at 5 am sharp."

"Lord, you're a slave driver. You know that?"

"Yes," Robert said firmly, turning and leaving.

"I hope you know what you're doing," Kate told him softly. Robert cast her a bit of a confident smile and went to talk to Jack. "Jack, Mira is going to be joining you and Jess and Jessie for the morning run. Treat her just like any other first timer. Understand?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaden Phoenix Thu May 26, 2022 2:14 am

Jack stood listening as did Jessie and Kaden who tried not to smirk at the banter even though it was a serious argument they could not help themselves. Once finished and Robert walked over to Jack who nodded at Roberts words. " totaly understood, price of being an adult." he said to Mira behind Robert " sorry, see you at 5am." he told her "you too Jessie" Jessie and Kaden just nodded at him.

Jessie left Kaden to find Brian to ask him about the cabin and instead found Khaat. " um..Khaat, is it possible Kaden and I could rent one of your cabins, Robert mentioned to Kaden you might have one or two free and right now I need to stay closr to you all, Kaden has agree to move in with me too so you'd have a healer...scratch that you have plenty of those close by already." he said rubbing the back of his neck as he spoke softly to her.
Kaden Phoenix
Kaden Phoenix
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu May 26, 2022 2:26 am

"Of course," Khaat said. "We have several empty right now. There are ones with two bedrooms, three bedrooms, and a couple four bedroom ones. There are a couple that are fully furnished and several that aren't furnished at all. Stop over in the morning, and Angus can give you keys to go look at all the empty ones, and you can take your pick. We built those so that the team members could stay closer to one another. It dramatically increased their abilities to train together, and that improved their skills. And it helped to keep everybody safer. So, if James is out fiddling around again, and if he's tried to team up with Gelding, we definitely need to all stay closer to one another. I think Gabe and Mira are looking at a three bedroom cabin so they can each have a bedroom and Gabe can use the third as an alchemy lab."

"Besides," she said, careful in how she chose her words, "I don't want to have the team too far away if James is back. He's...come too close to me before, and I don't want him to come that close again." For her own part, she was glad that it sounded like the team would be gravitating back to the estate. And she was also glad Marcus was back, but as much as she as glad her father would be protected, she wished he had come back to stand in the gap between her and James. James was worth her efforts to be leery of.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaden Phoenix Thu May 26, 2022 2:36 am

Kaden walked over to Khaat and placed his hand in Jessies as she spoke " I think the two bedroom one sounds perfect, that way if you sister wants to visit she can."He said to Jessie who shrugged his shoulders.

"Maybe, one day, but for now being here and close to an actual family will be for me."He said but smiled and looekd at Khaat " thank you, oh wil you acept a cat, Kaden has one called Milo, hes pretty laid back and not a nusance." Jessie added.

" yeah hes a big softy like some one else I know," he gave Jessie a poke in his side making him chuckle " besides I will have to sort ot renting out my apartment, but a furnished cabin would be wonderful since mister here came with nothing but his clothes."
Kaden Phoenix
Kaden Phoenix
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu May 26, 2022 2:50 am

"Of course," she said. "A cat is no problem. We have all sorts of things here. Milo is more than welcome. When you get settled, I'll have my mother introduce Archangel to Milo so Archangel knows to leave Milo alone. Archangel can get a little territorial, but he'll be fine once he knows Milo belongs. And since my mum can talk to birds of prey, she'll have no problem making sure things are done properly.

"Mama! Lookie!" Abbey raced down the hall, and it only took Khaat a moment to see what Abbey wanted her to see. She apparently had found some makeup someplace and she had bright blue eyeshadow and red lipstick and peach blush smeared all over her face, and her little shirt and her fingernails were all dripping with glittery nail polish. "I'm big now! I doo'd my own face..."

"You certainly did," Khaat said, trying not to laugh. Actually, she didn't know whether to laugh or get angry. "Where did you find your makeup?"

"In Gam's drawer," Abbey smiled, pleased with herself.

"Your gram might be a bit surprised at how you used her makeup," Khaat said.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaden Phoenix Thu May 26, 2022 3:23 am

Jessie and Kaden smiled but then held back a laugh as they saw Abby walk in covered in makeup " thank you" Kaden said smiling at Jessie " our first step" he told him and Jessie nodded. Now both returned to the room hearing the argumant finally ended. " phew all done?" Kaden asked " becuse a little girl found makeup" he said smirking hoping one or the other would notice.

Kaden lead Jessie over to the kitchen where he handed him some desert and together they ate. " this desert is great Kate" He called out " I realy should get the recipy." Jack finished his and moved to the dishwasher.

"Jessie patrol." he said and Jessie kissed Kaden then placed sown his desert and headed to the back door with Jack. Back to normality for the moment. " don't forget to look at the other cabins before the final desishion" he called to Kaden who chuckled and nodded.

"of course, now go" Kaden said watching him go with Jack.
Kaden Phoenix
Kaden Phoenix
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu May 26, 2022 3:38 am

Brian was quick to scoop up Abbey, telling her how pretty she was, and the moment he started to fawn all over her, Khaat bristled.

"Don't you reinforce bad behavior," Khaat scowled at him.

"Wizards, Dear," he said, unfazed. "It's much easier cleanup for us. Besides, she has more clothes than ten toddlers. She can afford to buggar one up now and then. Lighten up. Let's go get Gram to take some beauty pictures for us, Abbey." He left with her to go find Kate to get Kate to take some photos. Khaat wasn't sure why he wanted pictures of that. She sighed heavily.

"I swear, he thinks she can do absolutely no wrong," Khaat said.

"Now, now," Robert said. "He didn't say that. He knows that was wrong. He just is not getting as stirred up about it as you are. Besides, your mother has far more cosmetics than she needs. I've been after her to clean out that drawer anyway. You are so fortunate that he is such a good dad."

"Not to change subjects," she said, "but you and Mom and Michael need to come to the estate. We shouldn't be so divided while James is pairing up with Gelding."

"You could be right. I'll give it some thought," he said. "Our team could train more efficiently at your place."

"We have plenty of room in the barn for your livestock too. We could get the team to move them from your place to ours," Khaat said.

"I don't know about that," Robert frowned. "Jessie and Kaden are a little timid around livestock."

"I think we should leave that bit to Jack. He is very creative. He can manage to get all sorts of things accomplished."

"Maybe I'll ask him and Jess when Jack gets back from his run. That would affect her too, after all," Robert said.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 58 of 100 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 79 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top