I'm the violence in the pouring rain... I'm a hurricane - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

I'm the violence in the pouring rain... I'm a hurricane - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

I'm the violence in the pouring rain... I'm a hurricane

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I'm the violence in the pouring rain... I'm a hurricane - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm the violence in the pouring rain... I'm a hurricane

Post by Polina Ivashkova Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:57 pm

The truth was, polina hated her apartment.
Her family is rich so she grew up in luxury of the big house. So this was pretty new for her but it was the only apartment she was able to pay. So it should work.

"I don't really like this apartment, but it was the best I was able to find in short period" she shrugged and give him a beer.
Her guinea pig started making noise because she was happy to see Polina again and she looked at Nate.
"I'm sorry, she is always really happy when I come home" she smiled. That animal is only being that is always there with her, happy to see her.

She saw he was shaking and shook her head. "I'm sorry, I don't have any clothes that can fit you but I think I can help you anyway" she smiled and with her wand dry his clothes using a magic.
"I can see they don't teach you in Hogwarts spells like this. That is why my school is way better than Hogwarts" she smiled and sat next to him.
Polina Ivashkova
Polina Ivashkova
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 105

Back to top Go down

I'm the violence in the pouring rain... I'm a hurricane - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm the violence in the pouring rain... I'm a hurricane

Post by Nathaniel Addams Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:13 am

Nate didn't think her apartment was that bad, and trust him he been in some bad apartment before, and they weren't pretty. He came from a middle class family so he never had endless of money, but they weren't poor by any means but he did feel bad that his apartment was nicer then hers, and his was in London.

"I don't think it's all that bad, trust me I been in some bad apartments before, this one is nice compared to what I seen." he said honestly. Nate looked at the guinea pig and smiled, it reminded him of his pet rabbit he had when he was little named Coco, he named her that cause she was brown. "I had a rabbit when I was young named Coco, obviously she was brown and I was seven when I got her so I wasn't good with names." he said shrugging as well as chuckling. "I understand, my dog is the same way, he jumps on me the moment I walk into the door, but I love him to death and he's my buddy." he said giving her a soft warm smile. "I love animals, they understand you better then humans do at times, and love you and more loyal as well which is quite sad." he said frowning.

Nate shook his head. "Hey it's no big deal, I could go home and come back, but then I wouldn't know where to come back to" he said simply. "Thanks for that, although I think I'll have a cold tomorrow, but it was worth it." he said smiling at her. "Well... Hogwarts is great, and we probably learned different things, but all schools are great in their own ways." he said taking a drink of his beer.
Nathaniel Addams
Nathaniel Addams
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 319

Back to top Go down

Post by Polina Ivashkova Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:48 pm

"It probably isn't that bad, but it's different than the place where I used to live" she shrugged and gave food to her pet.
Polina smiled when she heard about his rabbit.
"Coco? Really? You couldn't think of something more original than that?" she started laughing and looked at him.
"Sorry, but it's so funny" she shook her head and looked at him again.
"Well, my pet is called Lily. She didn't get the name by her color, obviously" she started laughing again.

"Maybe you won't. It wasn't that cold" she shook her head. The thing was, she thinks her school is the best but she didn't really want to talk about that, it would be arguing, not talking.

"Tell me something about you. I mean, even if I kissed you I know nothing about you. So let's change that" she looked at him curiously and took a sip of her drink.
Polina Ivashkova
Polina Ivashkova
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Addams Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:55 pm

Nathaniel shrugged. "Hey any place is better then sleeping on the streets and being homeless, I think that's better." he said giving him a soft warm smile. That was true, he never lived on the streets, but he seen a couple of people that did. He hoped to never be like that, he always worked hard to get everything he had, but he wasn't hungry or homeless. He wasn't rich by any means, but he was happy with his life, and wouldn't trade it for anything.

He laughed. "What? I was seven years old at the time, I didn't really know the meaning of names or what they were." he said shrugging. "Now that I think about it now, it is funny, but I had her for a long time she was a good pet."he said frowning. He laughed.. "Obviously, my dog is named Kylie she's a german shepherd." said Nathaniel. "My cousin got a husky named Max, he's very lovable like Kylie is." he said smiling. He loved animals, they were so much fun to have and you always had someone who loved you.

Nathaniel laughed. "Knowing my luck, I will but it's no big deal if I do, just life." he said shrugging. He didn't think any school was better then the others, they all bring something different to the table then the other, but he wouldn't say any school was better then the others. From Hogwarts to Ilvermorny, they were all great in there own unique ways, he knew that due to his family going different places.

He laughed. "Ok.... what do you want to know about me?" he asked her. " I'm the oldest out the five of us, I got three brothers and one sister, you know that Maura is my cousin." he said shrugging. "Oh I'm a unspeakable and I love my job, my favorite color is blue obviously um... I'm not good at this." he said sighing. "You know that I love reading, I love rainy days and I like mint tea." he Said chuckling.
Nathaniel Addams
Nathaniel Addams
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Polina Ivashkova Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:25 pm

"I guess you are right" she shrugged.
Polina never actually thought about that. For her, everything in the life was black or white, nothing was gray. But if she thinks about that, she would probably realize that the gray was just fine.
"The thing is, I'm from really rich family, one of the richest family in Russia. So living like this, without any luxury is pretty new for me." She was living like this for almost four years, but she never got used to that.

Polina shrugged and looked at him smiling.
"I don't know. Whatever you want to share with me.
She was listening to him carefully and then, she felt like she owes to him to say something about herself. But there weren't many things to be said.

"Okay, I will try to tell you something about myself as well." She paused while thinking what she can say to him.

"My full name is Polina Romanovna Ivashkova. As you probably guessed, I'm from Russia, Moscow to be more precisely. I went to Koldovstoretz, the best school for witches and wizards" she smiled and shook her head.
"Just kidding, even if I know that my school is great."
She frowned, it was pretty much everything about her.
"I'm 21 years old and to be honest, I don't know anymore what I like. I guess I like the music, I used to play the piano. And I love reading. I'm the youngest in my family, I have 3 brothers. Or at least I had. My brother Nikolai is missing for almost two years. Everyone thinks that he is dead." She tried to say that without showing emotions but that was impossible. It still hurts like the day she found out that he went missing."

Polina Ivashkova
Polina Ivashkova
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Addams Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:47 pm

He smiled. "I just try to be truthful and honest, I guess that's all I can be at times." he said shrugging. He tried to always stay positive about things, that was all he knew how to do, all he knew what to do since he was little. His mother always told him to stay no matter what, she always told him through the storm always came a rainbow at the end, it was something he always held onto. "It's fine, it'll take some time to get used to but it'll be ok." he said giving her a soft warm smile. "Maybe you just need something or someone to show you the better things in life m" he said.

He nodded. "Ok... I'll tell you everything that I know about myself, although I might bore you to death." he said laughing. It was so easy to talk to her, she listened and she didn't judge him about anything, Nate loved how simple it was to talk to her about anything and everything.

"Ok... I'm all ears and eyes, what are you going to tell me? Nate asked her smiling. He wondered what she was going to tell him, he figured he might as well tell her the same.

Nathaniel listened. "My name is Nathaniel Matthew Addams, I was born in London England, and I got a Brother named Logan, Dominic and Nicholas and my little sister is named Serena." he said telling her what she told him. "I'm 24 years old and I was a Gryffindor at Hogwarts, I love music as well and I play the guitar and piano." he said frowning suddenly at her brother. "I'm so so sorry Poli I can't imagine losing a loved one." he said hugging her.
Nathaniel Addams
Nathaniel Addams
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Polina Ivashkova Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:02 pm

"I just miss my home, you know? And I'm not talking about money and big house, I miss my family" she said and with saying that, she almost started crying. But she can't cry. Not anymore. She will never see her family again.
"I miss my mother more than anything" but she is gone. And there is nothing Polina could do to change the fact that Valentina Ivashkova was dead.

"I think there is nothing that you can say to make me bored to death" she smiled and looked to him. Talking with him wasn't easy. It was easy while they were talking about an ordinary thing but there is no person who could understand her past. People would probably think that she was just the spoiled brat who couldn't bear the thing that her father found a new love after her mother died. And she wasn't ready to tell anyone because people just wouldn't understand.

"Gryffindor? Is that for smart children or loyal? I'm sorry, I'm bad with recognizing your houses." she smiled and shook her head.
When he hugged her she put her head on his shoulder.
She wasn't able to say anything more about that topic so she was just quiet.
Polina Ivashkova
Polina Ivashkova
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Addams Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:36 pm

He nodded. Although he didn't understand what it was like not to have a family, he wanted her to know he was there and cared. "I know Poli, if there was anything I could do to make this pain better I would do it in a heartbeat for you." he said looking at her. Seeing her looking like she was about to cry, he wrapped his arms around her pulling her close to him, hugging her close to him. "I'm here Poli, I'm not going anywhere unless you want me to, I care about you Poli to do that." brushing some hair out of her eyes he gave her a comforting smile. He didn't care if she cried, he just wanted her to know he was her.

He laughed. "I don't know about that, not much I can really tell other then me being a unspeakable." he said biting his lip. It was so simple talking to her, he loved talking to her about anything and everything and there wasn't no judgment. "Hey it's ok to cry Poli, it doesn't make you weak or not strong, sometimes strong people cry because they can't stay strong anymore." he said still hugging her. Even the strongest people break under pressure, no one was made of stone, they all broke. Hell he was a grown man and he cried at times, did that make him less of a man abnd weak? of course not.

Nate laughed and shook his head. "No Ravenclaw is for the smart kids really, Hufflepuff is for the loyal and Gryffindor is for the brave and daring." he said explaining the houses to her. Putting his hand gently under her chin he gently made her look up at him before kissing her softly on the lips. He liked holding her and kissing her, she made him feel complete and happy something he haven't had in a long time. He knew things were going fast, but he felt like this was meant to be, and he wasn't letting go of this feeling.
Nathaniel Addams
Nathaniel Addams
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Polina Ivashkova Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:06 pm

(Maybe we can finish thread now and start the new one with Maura? This thread was sucessful since we got a chance to see how they interact and even start their relationship.)

"Thank you" she smiled and kissed him shortly on the lips.
"That is really nice of you" she smiled and looked at him.
"It's almost weird how easy it is to talk with you" she frowned while thinking about that. She spent years in loneliness without anyone she could or want to talk with. But then, Nathaniel came into her life and in one night she felt something she didn't felt ever before.
She felt like she isn't alone anymore in this cruel world.
"How can you care about me when you even don't know me? Maybe you will hate me later when you get a chance to meet me better" she said sadly. Her stepmother used to say to her that no one can really love her. What if same happen with Nathaniel?

"What is unspeakable?" she frowned. Polina never really heard about it. It's not like she knew much about Ministry of Magic. She is still trying to find a job after all.
"I don't want to cry anymore. I used to try a lot in the past and I don't want to go through that anymore." She shrugged and looked at him. After that, she put her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes.
She wasn't sure what else she can do because for her it felt so strange to be close to someone.

"So you are brave? You can protect me if spider tries to kill me?" She said laughing. In her school, they didn't have houses like at Hogwarts so this was new for her.
Even if this between them was probably going too fast, she didn't care.
She knows enough about life to realize that moments are only that matters. There is no time to think about tomorrow.
Polina Ivashkova
Polina Ivashkova
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Addams Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:07 pm

He smiled. "You're welcome Poli, I'm only telling you the truth on things." he said giving her a soft warm smile. He looked at her confused. "Why do you say that, is it not easy talking to people?" he asked her curiously. He didn't know what it was like not to talk to people, but then again he was very open and out there. He felt something towards her, something he never felt before with anyone else and he wasn't going to hide how he felt. He shrugged. "Well... yes I'm just met you, but there's something about you that makes want to care about you and be there for you if you let me." he said looking into her eyes.

He looked at her and bit his lip, how could he tell her what he did without getting into trouble? He couldn't say much about his job, hell he couldn't even tell her what he did. "Well... lets just say that I work in the department of mysteries that's all I call tell you about what I do." he said. He couldn't tell her what he did, he was sworn to talk about what he did in his job. "I know that you don't, but it's ok to cry every now and then I'm not going to judge." he said softly. He hugged her and pulled her close to him. "Does this feel weird to you or just right? If it feels weird I'll stop." he said.

He laughed. "Yeah you can say something like that, I wanted to be a Auror but I guess I like what I'm doing more." he said shrugging. He loved Hogwarts but he heard a lot about the other schools and thought they were interesting. All schools were different and unique in so many ways, they all had something special about them. Although he loved Hogwarts, it was such a amazing place to stay and learn, it was a second home to him when he went there.
Nathaniel Addams
Nathaniel Addams
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top