I'm the violence in the pouring rain... I'm a hurricane
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

I'm the violence in the pouring rain... I'm a hurricane Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

I'm the violence in the pouring rain... I'm a hurricane

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I'm the violence in the pouring rain... I'm a hurricane Empty I'm the violence in the pouring rain... I'm a hurricane

Post by Polina Ivashkova Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:22 pm

Life is something really terrible. There was no day when Polina didn't think about her family.
About everything.
They betrayed her, and now here she was. Alone. Almost homeless.

One step. Two steps. What should I do?

Three steps. Four steps. Where should I go?

Then, she remembered that she has some money which was something really rare. She usually has a problem to pay for her apartment and owner already considered the idea to tell her to move out. Twice.

She went to the Leaky Cauldron. That was the only place where she could eat something cheap.
Polina came in and for the first time, the bar was almost full.
There were few free seats at the bar but she hates the bar. She is always afraid that she would fall.

So she went to one table where the blonde boy was sitting alone.
"Can I sit?" That was all she said. She wasn't really for talking. She never was.
Polina Ivashkova
Polina Ivashkova
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 105

Back to top Go down

I'm the violence in the pouring rain... I'm a hurricane Empty Re: I'm the violence in the pouring rain... I'm a hurricane

Post by Nathaniel Addams Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:44 am

Life for Nathaniel wasn't all that bad, although coming from the fact he was in an arrange marriage that he gotten out of, he was actually pretty good.  He didn't hate his parents for it he understood, just wished they'll let him choose who he wanted to spend the rest of his life with other then decide it for him which annoyed him greatly.  He should be able to marry who he wanted to, beside he wanted to marry someone he loved. Ugh...why do family have to ruin your life, why couldn't they leave you alone and let you be?

Nate walked into the Leaky Cauldron deep in thought, he been doing that a lot lately so he was surprised that his feet were guiding him.  Waling into the Leaky Cauldron he looked around for a place to sit, seeing a booth in the pack away from the craziness. Why were people stupid when they were drunk?  he didn't understand why some were stupid to where others were angry drunks, that was something that confused him, but everyone was different.  Sighing and shaking his head, he took a seat in his booth ordering him some nice mint tea to calm his nerves.

Seeing a girl a bit younger then him and lifted his eyebrows at her.  "Um... sure I guess it won't hurt."said Nate.   Hm... wasn't much of a talker that's for sure from Nathaniel observed from her. Taking a drink of his tea, he gotten his book out of his bookbag and started reading as if the girl wasn't even there. Besides she wasn't there to start with, what difference is there now?  Besides, he was here to calm down and relax, not talk to some girl he didn't know and wasn't much a talker.
Nathaniel Addams
Nathaniel Addams
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 319

Back to top Go down

I'm the violence in the pouring rain... I'm a hurricane Empty Re: I'm the violence in the pouring rain... I'm a hurricane

Post by Polina Ivashkova Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:54 pm

[Just to know she won't start talking first xD]

"Thank you, sir," she said and sit on the chair.
She looked at the menu even if she already knew what she would order. When the bartender came she looked at him completely emotionless.
"One hamburger and apple juice please" once when he was gone she started looking through the window next to their table.

She was looking outside. It was raining. She hates rain.
It made her feel nostalgic since she used to play with her brothers on the rain when she was younger.
So rain made her remember family she lost forever.

After 10 minutes her meal was there and she paid.
Polina gave herself right to look at the boy across her.
He seemed to be someone who doesn't like to talk, just like her.
But he was reading and she wondered what kind of book it was.
He was beautiful. His almost blonde hair was messy and his eyes carefully read the words written in the book.
Polina Ivashkova
Polina Ivashkova
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Addams Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:34 am

Nathaniel looked at her shaking his head, "Please don't call me sir, that's way to serious for my taste my names is Nathaniel but everyone calls merry Nate for short." said Nate. "Bacon cheeseburger please with Chips, make the chips fresh please, I hate them old and cold." said Nate as the waitress wrote down his order and left. That was a thing Nate hated was cold and hard food, he came to a restaurant or cafe, at least serve with good quality good not something something and cat or dog would eat. Nate wasn't that picky about what he ate, he just wanted it hot and fresh was that so hard to ask?

Ah. Rain, something that he didn't mind in fact, he loved rainy days. He loved rainy days, actually probably better then he loved summer days, which he actually liked very well because of surfing. Although there was nothing like the first snow fall, there was something so magical about the first snow fall to him then any part of the year, that made him love winter so much. But Nate didn't mind what season it was really, he lkked all of them, but if had to choose winter will be his favorite.

Reading his mystery book, Nate's blue eyes looked over the book to see looking at what book he was reading. "I'm reading a murder mystery book by a muggles author names James Patterson, I love his books." said Nate. Nate loved murder mystery books, he also loved fantasy books as well when he was little of course that is, he didn't dig the cheesy romance books and hated reading about history. Reading those types of books always made Nate fall asleep, nothing boring then cheesy romance books and history about a bunch of dead guys. Nate even thought Romeo and Juliet was cheesy, honestly what the hell was Shakespeare thinking?!

Nathaniel Addams
Nathaniel Addams
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Polina Ivashkova Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:26 pm

"Okay. Nathaniel" she tried how that sounds when she say it out loud. Still, her Russian accent changed the name a little bit. But for her, it was still the strange but nice name.
"You have the nice name, I don't know why people wants to call you Nate, Nathaniel" she looked again at the window.
She would like to speak with someone, she really would. But after so many years she spent alone, she wasn't sure how to interact with other people.

She looked at him once again when she heard what he wanted to eat. It sounded terrible.

She looked at his eyes once when he said what he was reading. Is she really staring at him? How awkward. She felt terrible. Her father always used to say that staring at someone is rude.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to stare at you, I was just interested in what you are reading." She looked at him shyly and frowned when she heard the part about murder.

"I like classic anyway" that was the truth. She enjoyed in Shakespeare for example. Even if Romeo and Juliet wasn't one of his good books.
Polina Ivashkova
Polina Ivashkova
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Addams Fri May 05, 2017 12:59 am

Nathaniel laughed as she said her name out loud, it sounded nice but different, did he catch some Russian in there? His name sure was a unique name, he didn't know many people with the same name as him, maybe Nathan or Daniel but not Nathaniel. "Thanks, I think some think it's too serious for them hell if I know." he said shrugging. He honestly didn't know why people call him that, it was just a nickname that grew on him over the years he guess and just let people use it. Although he loved his name, it was a name of his grandfather's names Nathan and Daniel with his mother came up with his name.

Nathaniel didn't always have them, but when he did they were really good. There was nothing like a bacon cheeseburger to claim your hunger and appetite for something greasy. Although he didn't eat it all the time, but he was in the mood for something different and greasy, which was weird seeing how he didn't eat greasy food much.

Nathaniel didn't think she was staring at him, she was just seeing what he was reading right? Although there was times that girls did look at him for forever and not take their eyes off him which was quite creepy. Although this girl, was doing quite the opposite so it didn't bother him in the least.

"Oh it's ok, I sort of figured that's what you were doing anyways, so no harm done." he looked at her study her for a second. Definitely a pretty girl, a it why and reserved but maybe after opening up she wouldn't be but who knew.

" A classic girl huh? like Macbeth and Hamlet type of classic?" Nathaniel asked her. Those were the plays by Shakespeare that he actually liked and read. Romeo and Juliet was ok, but he just thought it was a it cheesy for his taste, but hey he was a guy after all.
Nathaniel Addams
Nathaniel Addams
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Polina Ivashkova Sat May 06, 2017 6:41 pm

"If I am you, I wouldn't let them use nicknames. But then again, I am not you" she shrugged and took a sip of her drink before looking at the hamburger in front of her.
She was just playing with the french fries for a couple of minutes before she finally started eating.
She was more than hungry but for some reason, she felt like eating will take so much effort.

He started speaking and she felt uncomfortable. Would they really have a small talk? Did he know that she was really bad at interacting with other people? He didn't, and how would he? He just met her a few minutes ago.
But if he really knew, he wouldn't even try to talk with her.
In the end, he would probably figure out that she isn't worth of effort and he would just leave and Polina won't see him ever again.

Still, for some reason, she looked at him and nodded.
"Something like that" the small smirk started playing on her lips even if she didn't know what was funny. Maybe the way how he tried to figure her out.
Polina Ivashkova
Polina Ivashkova
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Addams Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:53 pm

Nathaniel shrugged.  "It's really no big deal to me, it's mainly my family who calls me that,  so it's not really no big deal." he said simply.  Taking a drink of his coke looked at his plates and seen that his food was all gone,  boy he had to be more hungry then he thought, or just really in the mood for greasy food none the less it was all gone.  He never ate much greasy food, but there was once in awhile he decided to be bad and have it along with junk food,  which happened to be the chocolate shake he ordered.  

Nathaniel noticed that she was getting uncomfortable with them talking,  he wondered why it wasn't like they were having a big conversation about life or something,  he was just curious about what kind of books she liked was this kind of flirting?  Nah... he was just being nice and friendly to her.  Nathaniel didn't interact with a bunch of people, of course he had dates every now and then,  more then his cousin but he wasn't that much different than his cousin Maura. Although he was a bit more open then her that was for sure,  he knew that she liked Ryo the guy she said was just her' friend',  she just needed a nice push.

Nathaniel looked up from his book at her.  "Ah... am I getting close to figuring you out some?" Nathaniel asked her smirking.   Although Nathaniel was a mystery himself, he didn't let people in either,  he was very reserved and kept his walls up.  Going back to his book where he left off,  he flipped the page not saying another word to the girl across from him,  she didn't seem like she's wanted to talk, so he left it at that.  Besides he knew how's annoying it could get people trying to make you talk, when all you want to do is relax and enjoy a good book in peace, but now days that was a impossible thing to do.
Nathaniel Addams
Nathaniel Addams
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Polina Ivashkova Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:39 pm

His family. It almost made her cry since she was without family now. And she misses them. She misses the time before her stepmother when they were the happy family.
She misses her mother more than anything. But she was gone for good.
"My mother used to call me Pol, which was quite awkward since it is name for boys. But I miss her calling me Pol" she smiled a little bit while thinking about her mother. And the thing that shocked her was the fact that she said that out loud.

She smiled for the first time since she sat there. Actually, it was for the first time since a long time.
"Maybe" Polina paused and looked at him.
"But I can't see why would you try to figure me out. I'm nothing special, trust me" she said honestly.
She didn't have the pretty good opinion of herself. She was the just ordinary girl. No one ever thought that she is special in any way. Especially her stepmother. She used to tell that Polina is completely waste of time and after some time, Polina started thinking the same.

Talking with Nathaniel was nice. For the first time in awhile, she felt something new, that feeling when you actually want to get to know someone and she didn't want this conversation to end. But the thing was, she wasn't sure how to talk with him.
What she should ask.
She can't ask him one question... "Do you have a girlfriend?" She heard a question before she even got a chance to stop herself. It was the worst thing she was able to ask and she was just praying the God to take her now.
"I'm sorry, I mean, I didn't want to ask that, I mean I don't want you to think that I'm pushing you or something" that was the biggest sentence she said since she came here and it was full of nonsenses.
Polina realized she didn't even introduce herself, but on the other hand, he didn't ask for her name which means he just didn't care.
Polina Ivashkova
Polina Ivashkova
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Addams Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:13 pm

Nathaniel looked at her and frowned, the expression she had on her face as he talked about his family was a sad one,  he knew that she had to lose them or so, her expression was so broken.  "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you upset if I did, we can talk about something else if this is making you uncomfortable."  He didn't want to see her cry or anything, he hated when girls cry, he really didn't know what to say or do, so it was an awkward situation for him.  "Hey at least it's not as bad as being called Natey,  my cousin Maura used to call me that when she was little, she couldn't say my name for the life of her." said Nathaniel chuckling.    "Sorry I never gotten your name,  you know mine, but what's yours?  All I know is Pol." he said shrugging.

Nathaniel looked up from his book and smiled.. "Maybe?  Hm.... I'll take it." he said taking a drink of his coke. Nathaniel shrugged.  "I wouldn't say that, as my mother always told me, everyone is special in there own special way." he said giving her a soft warm smile.   "As for figuring you out, I like a bit of a challenge lets just say I like figuring things out." he said shrugging once again.   "I guess that's why I like mystery books, I like figuring out what happened before they tell me, that's the fun part of reading them." he said bookmarking his place in his book before setting it down on the table.  He would hate if he lost his place, he was almost done with it,  not that he would mind starting over but not when he was almost done with it.

It was nice to talk to someone other than family all the time, of course he had friends to talk to, but his time comsisted of working with his family at the candy store.   So it was nice to talk to a new face, it was quite nice talking to the girl in front of him.   Nathaniel looked at her and laughed and shook his head.  "No I don't have a girlfriend,  had a few dates here and there, but nothing serious or anything guess I haven't found the right girl yet." he said taking another drink of his coke. Nathaniel chuckled.  "No... it's fine, you were just curious that's all and it's totally cool and fine,  you're not pushing me or anything." he said giving her a soft warm smile.

Last edited by Nathaniel Addams on Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nathaniel Addams
Nathaniel Addams
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top