An Old Friend
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

An Old Friend Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

An Old Friend

View previous topic View next topic Go down

An Old Friend Empty An Old Friend

Post by James Potter Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:41 pm

Carth was having one of his rare 'off-days' where he didn't have a job. It was kind of surprising, so he was going to make the most of it. His adventurous side was pretty obvious to anyone who knew him. That said, he was spending the day exploring Diagon Alley. Sure, he probably knew the place top to bottom after all of these years, but he couldn't see any harm is just spending the day walking around. He was a generally pretty active guy.

Active though he was, Carth would never say no to a quick snack, so he headed in the direction of the ice cream parlour. One is never to old for ice cream, after all. Turning a corner, he glanced to the side. For a moment, he was sure he had just seen one of his old friends from school - Carth wasn't sure that they had been in the same year, but she was so familiar. Looking once more, he realized that he was right. It was her.

"Serena?" He called, changing direction and walking over to her.
James Potter
James Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 265

Back to top Go down

An Old Friend Empty Re: An Old Friend

Post by Hazel Parker Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:55 pm

Serena needed some break from her sister, she had spend way to much time with her lately. Before they went to France she needed to buy somethings from Diagon Alley, so that why she was her. She had left her sister in daycare since she didn't want to drag here around. Just her sister wants everything what she sees and it's hard to explain to her, that's not needed since she will then began to cry and that's what Serena don't want.

Soon someone said her name and she was surprised as always. She looked at that man and tried figure out who he could be. "Yeah, that's me," she said then with smile back. She couldn't recall who he was exactly but she knew that they went some school together.
Hazel Parker

Number of posts : 176

Back to top Go down

Post by James Potter Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:35 pm

Carth smiled as he approached. "Hey," He greeted her brightly. He wasn't sure if she recognized him, so he decided to introduce himself again. "It's Carth. I was in Gryffindor." He wasn't sure that his classmates could ever forget all the trouble he and his friends had gotten into over the years. But if she wasn't in the same year as him he figured it made sense.

Figuring she may not get how he remembered him he added, "I've always been pretty good with faces." He extended a hand for her to shake if she wanted to.

"How have you been since Hogwarts?" He asked. Carth hoped he wasn't interrupting any plans, but it was nice to see someone from school. The only people he really saw were folks from work.
James Potter
James Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Parker Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:42 am

When man introduced himself then Serena remembered him. "Oh, heya," she said to him with smile. They were not in sqme grade. Serena is two years younger actually. "I was in Ravenclaw house in there," she said then.

"I used to be too but yeah things happen," she said then and did shake then Garth's hand.

"I have been busy. I have to take care of my half sister. My mother died aafter giving birth to her. But yeah my sis father disappeared like mine did. She was born one day after graduating," she said then. Mostly people who she saw was her sister and random people. She had lost connections with all her friends. "How you been?" she asked back.
Hazel Parker

Back to top Go down

Post by James Potter Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:49 am

"Right," He smiled, remembering once she told him the house she was from. He had seen her around school now and then even though she was younger.

Carth suddenly felt like perhaps he shouldn't have asked. He wasn't sure if she really liked talking about what happened. Things like that couldn't have been that fun to talk about to someone she didn't really know well. "I'm sorry to hear that." He said softly, not wanting to linger on it, but still wanting to show that he cared.

"I've been in Auror training after University. Nearly done." He grinned, "Had a few strange run-ins lately, but over all things have been decent." Looking around, he added, "Were you in the middle of something?" He didn't want to keep her from whatever she had planned.
James Potter
James Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Parker Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:42 pm

Serena did smile back too then.

"Thanks," she said then to him quietly. At first it was yeah hard but now she has gone on already with her life and she can handle it already. It's hers past and she can't change it, no matter many times she wants do it.

"Oh cool, I work in Cafe Montez as waitress, it was only job what I could get right now. Since I don't have time to go any University," she said then to him. "Don't worry I'll have time when my sister is already little bit older and also I don't know what I want to do with my life. It gives me time to think also," she added then. "No not really, I just wanted to do some shopping a little, need to buy couple things before I go to France with my sister," she said said with smile.
Hazel Parker

Back to top Go down

Post by James Potter Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:07 pm

He nodded solemnly at her thanks, not wanting to draw out the topic. She changed the topic and he was glad of it, knowing how hard it was to talk about things that hurt us in the past.

"That's good," He smiled. He was glad she was getting to move forward as well. "That trip sounds like it should be fun." Carth added lightly.

Considering that she probably had to actually go to the stores to shop, he added, "Today is my off day if you wanted to catch up a bit. I don't mind tagging along while you get what you need." He offered.
James Potter
James Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Parker Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:46 pm

Serena nodded then too. She doesn't feel to talk about it yet very much, her wounds are still quite fresh.

"I hope so too, It would be fun, since we both needed it," she back to him then and smiled little bit too already.

"Oh cool, you can tag along, then I won't feel so lonely. But I have no idea where I should go first," she said honestly to him. She really didn't know where to start and she didn't know exactly what she could take along with to her trip. "What I could take with me there," she said mostly to herself but maybe even Garth hear it she is not sure.
Hazel Parker

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top