The Wake - Page 6
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Wake - Page 6 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Wake

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Wake - Page 6 Empty Re: The Wake

Post by Chad Taylor Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:00 pm

"Cheers" he said back to her, as he held the edge of the bowl, her caution warning him. "I need to ask you a question, I need somewhere to stay, and well" he said his finger twisting vertically on the table, "and with your mothers permission" he cut out her dad already knowing what his answer would be, "could I possibly stay the night? It's just my parents are boring and so functional, but your family is so interesting and fun, and full of love. But I need to be here when you wake up tomorrow and realize what day it is" he tried to be as subtle as possible, "would your mother be ok with it?"
Chad Taylor
Chad Taylor
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 162

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Macmillan Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:56 am

Amelia had been caught off guard but left to the room to ask her mum. She knew her wouldn’t mind. Her mum trusted her and Amelia knew it and wasn’t going to let her down. After a few minutes talking about it she came back and hugged Chad from behind suddenly.

“She says it’s fine but a fair warning the guest bedroom is very blue. It can give you nightmares if you hate the colour,” she whispered into his ear before sitting down to eat her mac n cheese. She only put two of macaroni on her fork at a time. She loved talking her sweet time when it came to eating.
Amelia Macmillan
Amelia Macmillan
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Number of posts : 585

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad Taylor Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:12 am

Chad not noticing Amelia eat, nearly hogged down his meal, then saw how lady-like she was being, and then slowly ate his, like her, and for once he really had a smile, that was proper, genuine and he really meant it, it almost made him giddy. "I love blue, but if I do get scared, can I come and snuggle you?" he said, grinning and smiling at her cheekily. "No, but seriously, I think we should keep this form your dad, just in case, well you know, he kicks me out? It's possible" he said holding her hand, and resting his head on her shoulder, "You are so amazing, how did I end up with you?"
Chad Taylor
Chad Taylor
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Macmillan Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:22 am

Jessica was now too lost in thought, and as soon as the famous girl had escaped, she sat down, and simply asked, "Where the hell is Lily?" she didn't receive an answer as she stormed off into the kitchen, at the smell of mac 'n' cheese. She walked in and saw Lily, and walked up to her, "I tried to be your friend, and then, then, then you go walk off, and start kissing your brother, I think he's hot, but woman, get a leash!" she said spit coming from her screams. "I think, you are jealous! I'm famous and your not!" this was of course the alcohol talking, and she'd never do this, she worked at the Ministry, for chrissakes.

She stomped, then looked at her mother with a glare, "Just though you aught to know, I work at the Ministry as a personal assistant for Chief Warlock, Khaat Lupin, and she actually cares for me" she said, before picking up a pace and storming out, now thinking back on her atrocious behaviour, she thought she should probably take it back.

(You guys didn't think that was violent or anything?)
Jessica Macmillan
Jessica Macmillan
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Bones Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:28 am

Susan was appalled. She could not believe how Jessica was acting. She wasn’t going to let this keep happening. She was starting to finally become sober and was able to act more like an mother. She slammed the bowl down on the counter.

“See Ernie, this is what your kids do all the freaking time. You need to deal with this too. Fix your relationship with them. Didn’t you think to even send a letter two your kids and now you’re shocked by Amelia. If you ever thought to talk to her and actually listen to her you would understand she really cares for the boy and I know how this whole relationship happened, maybe if you knew the entire story you would be fine with it like I am!” snapped Susan at Ernie pointing her finger at his chest fallowing after Jessica.

Susan was interrupted briefly by Amelia about letting Chad stay the night. She didn’t mind, she trusted Amelia and knew Amelia knew right from wrong. Since Ernie didn’t live with them she didn’t ask his opinion, she already knew his. She had to talk to Jessica.

“Jessica Scarlett Macmillan! Get back here right now!” she boomed. She hadn’t yelled like this since the time Edgar snuck outside after curfew when he was thirteen. “I already knew about your working at the Ministry. I happen to know Khaat, so yes I found out and if you had just let me talked to you like I was going to after the wake you would have known I was proud of what you’re were doing,” she said as calmly as possible. “You need to get in there and apologize. If you are going to act like a child I am going to treat you like one. I don’t care if you hate me but I’m still your mother and I will not be treated like that,” she said firmly. She was tired for all this behavior.
Susan Bones
Susan Bones
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 232
Special Abilities : Animagus, Astral Projection

Back to top Go down

Post by E Macmillan Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:42 am

Ernie stood there in silence, gaping at Susan, he was so shocked at her voice, and was about to scream and yell at her; but breathed in, and calmly turned to Amelia and Chad, "I'm sorry if i've come across as a Anti-Slytherin try-hard, but that's because I am, I've known so many Slytherins who have gone bad, I just needed you to prove me wrong, he sat down on a chair aside them, and addressed Amelia, "I'd like to hear the story if you don't mind about how the relationship started, the whole thing, beginning to end, everything" he was serious, and gave them a brief glare, so they understood his seriousness, Amelia I trust you, and Mr, Taylor, well if you're good enough for my little darling, you're good enough for me. But i swear if you ever, do anything to hurt her, you will be sorry, and I'm not joking, so watch out!"

He looked at Jessica next, "Now you young lady will show respect towards our guests, and your parents, especially your mother, when you were little and scared of thunder, who would be there, make a fort and read you bedroom stories, who woke up at 3AM every morning to address your every crying need, and most importantly, who brought you in this world, your mother! So, I'm telling you know, you better start showing your appreciation!" he took another deep breath then addressed the visitors, "I'm sorry for what you had to hear," finally Susan. He kissed her on the forehead and put his arm around her back, not in a -I-want-to-get-back-together-way, but a I'll-be-here-for-you-way. "He then looked at the younger side of his family, and said in one scolding voice, "Got it?"
E Macmillan
E Macmillan

Number of posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Macmillan Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:59 am

"Now you young lady will show respect towards our guests, and your parents, especially your mother, when you were little and scared of thunder, who would be there, make a fort and read you bedroom stories, who woke up at 3AM every morning to address your every crying need, and most importantly, who brought you in this world, your mother! So, I'm telling you know, you better start showing your appreciation!" she started crying as he said this, but because she was angry, not at him but at herself. She'd let herself get into a mess, and she was sorry. She just sat there as she talked, taking it all in, and going a bright crimson hue. She walked up to Lily, and hugged her awkwardly, "I am so so sorry, I odn't know what came over me>"
Jessica Macmillan
Jessica Macmillan
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Macmillan Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:52 pm

Amelia gave a puzzled looked. She had a feeling something must have blown over in the room, she really wasn’t paying attention. When wasn’t something happening in this family. How was she going to explain the whole story? She gave Chad an you-better-help-me look. “Well, I’m honestly not really sure about when everything happened. I suppose the start of the year in the Clock tower is when it started, then the Defense Against The Dark Arts Class and then the Library. That doesn’t didn’t really tell you much did it? In the Clock tower he saved me from falling off the ledge. In Defense class we dueled, I don’t really understand how that did anything but I suppose it did. Then the library was mass chaos,” said Amelia, she could see her father really did want to know. “Chad do you having anything you want to elaborate on?” she asked. She wasn’t sure if she should really tell her dad what happened in the Library but if Chad picked up on it maybe it wouldn’t seem like she was trying a hide anything, she wasn’t but she did sort of destroy part of the library and she knew what she acted like in there too but knew Chad wouldn’t say that if he valued his life.

She had to remind herself not grab Chad’s hand like she wanted to. It would possible just make her father feel awkward. So she resolved to kick his chair, which really wasn’t the best idea since these chairs were made of dense wood. Though her foot was now throbbing she ignored it, it wasn’t that bad.
Amelia Macmillan
Amelia Macmillan
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Number of posts : 585

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Bones Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:50 pm

Susan let Drew run off and hide. She knew the poor boy hated loud sounds. He’d come out in time. She knew to give him space. She also was too worked up to really be able to act calmly with him.

She felt horrible for what Lily and James were dealing with. She had no idea it was going to be like this, if she had she would have kept it to family but it’s too late for that. She just wanted to get everything back to some level of sanity.

“Jessica, can you go look for Drew? He ran off again,” she asked. She was just trying to get Jessica away from a while so she could calm down. She knew all of her kids were rather emotional and knew when they needed to cool off.

“Thank you, Ernie,” she whispered. She had missed him more then she wanted to admit. Ernie and she had been friends for a while before they had even dated. She also needed to talk to him later; there was a lot they had to talk about. “We need to talk later about certain things,” she added still in a low voice.
Susan Bones
Susan Bones
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 232
Special Abilities : Animagus, Astral Projection

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad Taylor Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:56 am

"Sure Amelia,' he sais holding her hand, noticing she was hesitant to do the same in front of her father. "It was a cold night, and I was going to the Clock Tower to study, of course when I saw your beautiful angel, I couldn't help but be distracted. I wouldn't say she trusted me at first, but gave me a chance, I sat next to her, and we talked with our feet dangling off the edge. She nearly fell to her death, but I held her waist so she didn't fall. We weren't smitten, but had a tiny connection, we were chums. It escalated when we where in DADA class, we partnered up and duelled, the thing was, I accidentally hurt her, and then I helped her, and made sure she was ok, I gave her some peppermint chocolate, and she was nice, we admitted our feelings for each other. In the library we opened up, and that's all i'm going to say about that!" he said looking at Ernie and smiling.
Chad Taylor
Chad Taylor
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top