The Wake - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Wake - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Wake

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Wake - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wake

Post by Amelia Macmillan Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:34 am

“Put the pie on the table over there then I don’t know what. Pretend that my family is spying on us,” sighed Amelia. She glared at Jessica hearing her all the way from over here. “I hope that everyone will act proper!” she said raising her voice to make it obvious she heard Jessica.

“I’m coming honey. Stop bloody swearing at everyone down here,” grumbled Amelia’s grandfather climbing up the stairs as Drew raced down jumping down the last two steps then tripped over his big formal black shoes.

“Oh boy, why it is no one in my family can act proper and normal for one minute,” sighed Amelia. She knew it would only get worse when her father got here. More the people, the crazier it was going to get.

((OOC: No one needs to take turns here. Post whenever you feel like it))
Amelia Macmillan
Amelia Macmillan
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Number of posts : 585

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Bones Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:57 am

Susan just chuckled. Finally one of her kids had found someone who could handle them. “Call me Susan. Miss Bones was my aunt!” called Susan shaking her glass at the boy.

She drew her attention to the red-headed girl that had arrived. She knew right away it was Lily. She had been to both her father’s and mother’s funeral. She could still remember when she barely up to her waste. The years have gone by fast, too fast.

“Welcome dear, get in here it’s chilly out,” she said pulling the girl in then shutting the door until someone else arrived. “My-my have you grown. You remind me very I must say. I did the same thing to James. I can’t help myself sometimes. Oh the stories I could tell you, not sure if I should though,” said Susan taking the basket. “Jessica’s over there currently getting very friendly with a bottle of rum. Amelia’s over then getting too friendly with Mr. Chad over there for my liking,” she said directing the girl. “You hear me boy watch your hands!” called Susan’s father. “Dad leave them be. Trust me Amelia can handle him,” she called back to her father winking at Amelia.
Susan Bones
Susan Bones
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 232
Special Abilities : Animagus, Astral Projection

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad Taylor Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:50 am

He looked at Jessica with a 'really-you-think-I'm-a-death-eater? look, and winked at her, maybe giving her the impression that he was a recruited death eater. “You hear me boy watch your hands!” he just smirked at Amelia, and said casually, "are you going to show me around the house?" he asked.

His first impression were rather good except for Jessica's. Was she jealous? Maybe she was just very protective of Amelia? He didn't know. "Nice meeting you all" he said bfore grabbing Amelia's hand and walking off to explore the house.

(Sorry for the little god-mod)
Chad Taylor
Chad Taylor
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 162

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Macmillan Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:48 pm

Amelia pulled Chad up the stairs past her grandparents. She decided to go into Edgar’s bedroom. Edgar’s walls were panted red with strips of gold. He had Quidditch posters plastering the wall along with Gryffindor things. He had been very proud of his house. It had been untouched since this summer. She just wanted to be alone and going into her bedroom wasn’t the best idea if she wanted her family not to come bug them.

“Thanks for coming,” she said flopping down on the bed. Her hair made a sort of mane around her head. She had fallen at such angle her black dress didn’t rise up.
Amelia Macmillan
Amelia Macmillan
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post by James S. Potter Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:13 pm

James was running a little late. Kreacher bobbed at his feet, shining his shoes as James himself worked at getting his blasted tie tied. Lily must have went on ahead, and James could have really used her help with the tie. James shrugged it off, however; Lily was a free spirit, and she would only give him a condescending look if he got on her about leaving on her own.

Finally getting the tie, James pulled on his jacket and gave himself one last look-over in the mirror. He had dress robes, but they're styling and color were geared towards more happy occasions, and not suitable for a funeral. He just hoped that no one would think him crass for not wearing black.

Kreacher shrieked for James to wait as he headed out the door. The house elf hurried to him with the gift for Susan in his hands. Wouldn't do to forget that. Thanking the elf, James stepped outside and apparated to Susan's house, feeling his motorbike would not be an appropriate form of travel today.

James arrived at the Bones' doorstep, shifting the gift in his hands to knock. He hoped that Susan would find it suitable, for it had taken quite a few personal contacts to acquire. His parents' old friend, Neville, had finally been the one to procure the item. Inside an enchanted dome, sat an Everlasting Rose. This magical rose would bloom eternally, a small bud always forming after the last petal fell from the wilting rose. The rose would then start its life process all over again, much like a phoenix; as long as it was never taken from inside the glass dome.
James S. Potter
James S. Potter
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 361
Special Abilities : Animagus and Parseltongue

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Bones Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:59 am

Susan heard another knock and opened the door. The gust of cold wind made her shiver. She was wearing a skin-tight black laced dress that went to her knees. She had gotten the dress when she was in her early twenties and it still fit, running after her kids had kept her weight in control and the fact she had never been a big eater.

“Oh welcome, James, come on in,” said she said ushering him in. She first noticed how James had dressed; it was something her son would have loved. “Don’t you looking dashing. Edgar would have loved the fact someone didn’t dress in black, he hated the colour black,” she chuckled. She looked at the flower and smiled. She could tell a plant that Neville had taken care from a mile away, after all he was married to one of her bests friend. “What a wonderful gift. Got from Neville I suppose,” she said with a smile “I’ll have to owl him on how to water it.”

Her mind was elsewhere though. She was certainly swearing to hex her ex-husband if he didn’t show. Neville had sent a letter since he was in Brazil at the moment hunting some sort of flower. Hannah had called her to complain how hot it was.

((For those who don’t know I also do Neville but I can’t bounce three characters in one thread))
Susan Bones
Susan Bones
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by E Macmillan Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:24 am

Ernest was late, and pissed! He had never, ever been late and to his children's wake, he was angry. He was wrapped in several coats and despite the cold his face was bright red. He'd be meeting Susan again; he was very nervous, he had a secret eating him up inside, he still loved Susan. Ernie had never fully understood why they had split, he had always supposed it was just because they split apart after years, and his desire for her was always growing. He knew he couldn't say anything, it would ruin the funeral.

He looked at the door, and knocked quite slowly coughing in anticipation, "Susan, it's Ernie"

(Sorry it's so short)

E Macmillan
E Macmillan

Number of posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad Taylor Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:49 am

She dragged him of to her brother room, Edgar's room. He looked at Gryffindor posters, and despite his hate for that house, let out a smile his room was nice. He ran his hands along the walls and posters and just let out a breath, 'It's amazing.." he said to Amelia who was now laying down on the bed. He just laid beside her, his hand entwined with hers. "Colloportus" he said wand pointing at the door and it slammed shut and locked, he didn't want to give the wrong impression so he cast Alohomora so the door was unlocked just shut.

"I really like you Amelia" he said, smiling at the blonde-haired girl beside him.
Chad Taylor
Chad Taylor
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 162

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Bones Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:13 am

Susan sighed, of course Ernie. She would have chewed him out for being late but she was too drunk to do so. She’d just let him in then try not to end up tripping over him since she was currently tripping over her own feet. She quickly downed the last bit over her drink before opening the door.

“Hello Ernie, get in the house before we all turn to ice cubes,” said Susan still shivering in the cold. She was regretting wearing this dress out of all the dresses she had but it was too late to change now. She closed the door soon as Ernie came in then walked off back towards everyone else.

“Let me at em’,” said Susan’s mother. “Mum, leave him alone,” sighed Susan “plus you’ll trip over your oxygen tank.” Susan’s mother settled for shaking his fist at him. “But I don’t have an oxygen tank and I have a wand,” said Susan’s father slurring his words. “Dad you’re drunk and any spell you’d cast would probably backfire while your drunk,” said Susan. Why was she even stopping them? She didn’t have an answer.

“Dad, go check on Amelia, I’m not sure where they went and I want to know what they are doing,” ordered Susan. As much as Amelia seemed to like the boy Susan did not trust the boy yet. She just remembered Ernie was there and was going to ask who she was with; well Susan certainly wasn’t going to stop him if he wants to scare the poor boy to death.
Susan Bones
Susan Bones
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Macmillan Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:29 am

Amelia snapped her head around frightened by the idea of the door being closed and locked. She could already see the door being blown to bits already. She heard the heavy footsteps that could belong to her grandfather so she got up pretending to be talking about Edgar when the door swung open. Her grandfather peaked his head in then left. He didn’t say a word just left.

Amelia let out a sigh before taking her place back next to Chad re-tangling their hands. She starred up at the plane white ceiling it was at such a contrast to the red and gold of the rest of the room. Then she remembered she had just brought a Slytherin into her brother’s room she swore she could hear Edgar’s vulgar language about it. She supposed that would be what her father would sound like. Shoot, she had forgotten about her father. Oh well, Chad would just have to get a taste for what her father was like.

“I like you too,” she replied with a deep breath. Not the time of deep breath caused by nervousness or holding back something. Just a plane old deep breath.
Amelia Macmillan
Amelia Macmillan
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top