Years of unfinished business
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Years of unfinished business Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Years of unfinished business

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Years of unfinished business Empty Years of unfinished business

Post by Nathaniel Addams Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:05 am

It was a cold chilli Saturday morning as Sarah Jessica Nesbitt skipped down the Entrance Hall corridor heading out towards the edge of the forest. Yes, people were usually inside enjoying hot chocolate by the fire and being crazy but Sarah was different, not to mention the Gryffindor Common room was to noisy for her taste. Pushing the door Entrance hall door opened she felt the cool breeze hit her face and smiled happily. Skipping down the sloping lawns of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardly her emerald eyes sparkled in excitement. After a few minutes she reached the edge of the forest and smiled waiting for the unicorns to come out.

Morning and night were the best time to see them, for it was the coolest part of the day for them to be out. Taking a apple out of her bookbag she placed it on the ground and waited quietly and patiently for them to come. As a female unicorn with her baby came out of the forest she smiled as she seen them sniff the apple before eating it. Sarah couldn't believe that so many kill unicorns, there so pretty and unique creatures. But so many want power now days that they'll do anything to get it including killing these amazing creatures.

As they came out one by one Sarah smiled happily to herself but kept quiet intil they noticed her present. As the female unicorn came towards her Sarah petted it and gotten another apple out feeding it to her out of her head. This was something Sarah did every morning and night for she loved Unicorns. Feeling that someone was watching her Sarah stopped petting the female unicorn and looked around. "Hello, anyone there?"Sarah asked bravely but softly as the looked through the trees.
Nathaniel Addams
Nathaniel Addams
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 319

Back to top Go down

Years of unfinished business Empty Re: Years of unfinished business

Post by Freyja Podmore Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:24 am

It wasn't any of his business to be where he was right now. He should've been inside with his friends, drinking hot chocolate and messing around like he usually was. But instead, he'd seen a girl his age, by the name of Sarah Nesbitt, who came out to the grounds for some reason. She looked familiar, but not so much as to allow Zandell to place where he'd seen her before that wasn't Hogwarts, though he was sure he had seen her elsewhere. Although he knew it was a bad thing, he followed her down to the entrance of the Forbidden Forest and he hid behind a tree, watching her as she seemingly attracted unicorns.

Zandell looked her over as he tried to figure out where he knew her from, when he heard her ask if anyone was there. His eyes widened as he realized he recognized the voice and his eyes began to study her face. It couldn't be ... No. She moved away a long time ago, it wasn't possible. Was it? Zan stepped out from behind the tree and looked at Sarah curiously. "I come in peace." he said, smiling and making a hand signal that, if she was the person he thought, she would recognize. "I swear I do." he added quietly, not wanting to frighten away the creatures she had with her now.
Freyja Podmore
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 574

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Addams Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:42 am

Wait a min, only her best friend smiled like that. No it couldn't be him she haven't seen him since she moved away. Of course her real parents died and she was adopted not long ago, so if it was him he would remember that her last name was Johnson. Sarah giggled softly at his comment. "I know you do, you can come closer I promise I don't bite."said Sarah softly. "Although maybe just alittle bit."said Sarah as she petted the unicorn and looked at him for a minute. Sarah couldn't help to notice that he looked just like her best friend Zandell that lived across the street from her. He had the same color hair and everything it was just to weird.

"I'm sorry if you thinking I'm staring at you, it's just you look just like my childhood best friend."said Sarah softly. "We built a treehouse in his backyard and the kids down street used to tease us cause they would think we were dating!"said Sara softly. "Sadly I moved away and never saw him again."said Sarah frowning. "You don't want to hear that though, you probably have other things to do then hear me blabber!"said Sarah softly. Petting the unicorn she smiled as she felt the unicorn brush against her. "I think I'll call you Winter."said Sarah softly.
Nathaniel Addams
Nathaniel Addams
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyja Podmore Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:52 am

Zandell looked at the unicorn as Sarah began to talk. She started saying something that made his attention draw back to her and he grinned, the same goofy grin he only put when he was around Sarah. It was her after all, his best friend who had moved away so long ago. He couldn't believe it, he thought she was gone for good and he'd never be able to see her ever again. Who knew that they would cross paths in Hogwarts again?

"It's me Sarah. Zandell, the same kid you just described. It's me!" he placed his hand flat on his chest as he said this. He didn't know what to say anymore, it was amazing that he was getting to see her again after so much time of being separated. Before he thought about, Zandell ran forward and hugged Sarah tightly. "I missed you so much Sar. I thought I'd never be able to see you again." he whispered. He had never been so glad to be wrong in his life.
Freyja Podmore
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Addams Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:04 am

"Oh my gosh Zan, I thought I'll never see you again either the day I left crushed me!"Sarah softly hugging him back. Sarah knew they were the same but after Sarah moved her parents thought about taking her to a muggle school instead of Hogwarts. Looking back she was glad she begged her parents to go to Hogwarts. "So do you still have that old treehouse in your backyard?"Sarah asked him softly. "If you do, I'll like to see it again."said Sarah smiling.

Who would of thought they'll across path again at Hogwarts of all places? Zandell was her best friend and she nevered ever forgot about him. How could she? he was there for the good and the bad times in her life. Leaving him behind was the saddest day in her life, she begged her parents not to leave but they did. Sarah was never the same after that, it was like a part of her was gone but now it was back.
Nathaniel Addams
Nathaniel Addams
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyja Podmore Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:02 am

Zandell remembered that day clearly. It was like it had happened just yesterday, although it was many years ago. It could've possibly been the worse day of his life. The day Sarah moved away, he left like he was just an empty shell. It sounded weird, but without Sarah, Zandell didn't usually want to do much. He was happy and outgoing and all, but without his best friend it was hard for him to do most things. He'd started to get used to it once he got into Hogwarts, but it still wasn't the same. Even with Jonathan with him, Zandell always missed the time he would spend with Sarah.

He smiled when she asked about the treehouse in his backyard and he nodded. "Yep! Still there, like I promised it would be!" he said assertively. If there was one promise he was ever going to keep it was the one he made her of keeping that treehouse no matter what happened. "Alright, whenever you want. We can go see it any time." he told her, grinning. So many memories of times they spent in that treehouse made him smile. It was crazy how those times were the best in his life. Those were the times that allowed him to produce a patronus.
Freyja Podmore
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Addams Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:41 am

This was the best day Sarah in Sarah's life other then the day she met Zandell after being picked on by the kids down the street for doing weird things. Sarah had many bad memories, but the one she left Zandell was something she would never forget as long as she lived. They spent all day in the treehouse the day before she left, they always promise each other that they will never replace each other as a best friend. Sarah kept that promise since that day, besides there was no one who could replace Zandell as her best friend. But she was glad to see him again, they could now pick up where they left off.

Sarah smiled. "Wow, I thought your parents would make you get rid of it after I left due to it reminding you of me."said Sarah honestly. "Maybe we can do what we use to do as kids and then have the kids down the street tease us and throw rocks at us!"said Sarah laughing at the memory. Sarah remembered watching movies and eating popcorn up there as well as telling each other there hopes and dreams. Those were the memories that kept Sarah going after she wanted to die after her parents died in a car crash for she knew Zandell wouldn't want her to do that. "You probably know that my last name is different, the reason for that my parents died in a car crash last summer."said Sarah softly.
Nathaniel Addams
Nathaniel Addams
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyja Podmore Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:25 am

It wasn't everyday that you got to be reunited with your best friend, and Zandell wasn't going to waste this day now that he knew that Sarah was the same girl that he'd been friends with all these years, even though they'd been separated so long ago. They'd been able to keep their friendship safe, even after so long. Zandell had made new friends throughout his time in Hogwarts and even before then, but there was always that special place where he'd always kept Sarah, no matter who he met she always had that place of his best friend. It didn't change no matter how many new friends he made.

"Oh they tried to take it down. But Jon helped me keep it safe. We actually spent a week inside the treehouse when Mum and Dad wanted to take it down, so they couldn't. They knew it could hurt us, and they didn't want to risk that, so they decided to leave it alone. Of course I didn't trust them, so I asked my uncle to put a few spells on it to that they couldn't take it down or anything." he winked at her and smiled. "That'd be fun! And we'll have water balloons and things to throw back at them!" he laughed.

As she mentioned her parents dying, Zandell's eyes widened. "Oh no ... I'm sorry Sar." he said softly. "I'm sure you miss them a lot. I do, they were always so much fun to be around." he told her. He didn't want to get into the topic of her parents dying, he knew it might make her depressed, so he tried to change the subject. "No! I hadn't noticed!" he said in the dramatic voice that always made her laugh and he flailed his arms around. "I thought it was still Johnson!" he added, saying Johnson in an Australian voice.
Freyja Podmore
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Addams Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:01 am

Sarah laughed when he told her that him and Jon stayed up in the treehouse for a week. "I bet that didn't make them happy!"said Sarah chuckling. "That's good, I miss Jon and your parents they were fun to be around!"said Sarah honestly. Sarah laughed at his comment. "Ah yes! revenge and pay back are coming after so many years of them picking on us!"said Sarah. "Were we really all that weird? I didn't think so I thought we were normal!"said Sarah laughing. Of course she was a witch and he was a wizard and they made weird things happen, but honestly they weren't that weird were they?

"It's ok Zan, I'm still numb over it but I'm glad your here to help me get through it!"said Sarah smiling at him. "I do miss them alot, but I'm starting to get back to normal after being adopted by the Nesbitt which was a person father knew. Sarah rolled her eyes playfully at him and pushed him. "Oh come on Zan, you knew don't be lying I know where you live!"said Sarah laughing as her emerald eyes sparkled at him. "I wonder how I didn't know you were here? I mean that's all we ever did as kids was talk about going here!"said Sarah honestly.

Sarah could get how Zandell didn't, but how could she not know until now? Sarah obviously had to be blind or something. She didn't know what it was, but all she knew that they were together now and that was all that mattered. "Do you want to go some place else? the unicorns are starting to leave now seeing how it's getting a bit hotter."said Sarah softly.
Nathaniel Addams
Nathaniel Addams
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyja Podmore Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:34 am

Zandell laughed and nodded. "Oh no it didn't. They practically blew their tops when they noticed that we were basically living up there." he laughed, remembering that time. It was funny to see how his parents had reacted to him and his brother being in there for so long without any trouble. His dad had said that they wouldn't last one day up there, and he was right. They lasted a week. Zandell always had fun rubbing that in his dad's face whenever he said that he was never wrong.

"Ah yeah. We were normal, but to them seeing how they were muggles, we were weird because they didn't understand what happened whenever we were around. I mean, I'll admit that even I had no idea what was going on half the time. But that isn't unusual for me." He laughed as he said that. Muggles didn't believe in magic so it was easy for them not to understand what happened whenever something strange occurred. Like with those kids, there were times when something disappeared of something fell on them on accident when it wasn't even near them. It was all something that they didn't understand because they're muggles. Although sometimes Zandell didn't know what was going on either, which was expected for a wizard who had just learned about the whole thing and couldn't control his magic right.

Zandell grinned when she pushed him and laughed softly at her comment. "Well durr, I didn't know that either." he teased. "Don't you turn into a stalker now." he added, laughing. Zan always had fun teasing Sarah because it was so easy. She always did something that made it easy for him to tease her about it. He shrugged at her comment and looked up at the sky. "Well, I don't usually tend to hang out with a lot of people. I usually stay down at the Hufflepuff dungeon unless I'm going to see Jon, then I'm in the towers mostly." he informed her. He noticed that the unicorns would be leaving soon and when she asked if he wanted to go somewhere else he grinned again. "How about we follow them into the forest. No one will notice and we'll be back before curfew." he told her.
Freyja Podmore
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top