Where I belong
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Where I belong Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Where I belong

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Where I belong Empty Where I belong

Post by Sofie Elkin Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:58 pm

The rain pitter pattered against her umbrella, and Sofie drew her cloak tighter around her. In her pocket was a few scrawled letters and pictures, and by her side was her dog Boris, who was beginning to transition out of puppy-hood. Her cheeks were stained pink from the cold and a small blue tinge had entered her lips. "Davaj," she called to Boris, who had paused to smell the stoop of a bakery. He dipped his head and sped up to follow her as she entered the post office.

She closed the umbrella and hooked it on the crook of her arm as she pulled out her letter. Her mother had requested a picture of her as well, so she tucked the picture in. There was a line, so she pulled out the letter, rereading to make sure. There were two copies- one in Russian for her sister, grandmother, and aunt, and one in English for her mother. They read basically the same:

To my beloved family,

I am pleased to find that this Itch has not reached you. I am only catching the smallest of symptoms of it- it is no more inconvenient than a winter sniffle. Thank you, Babushka, for the herbs. They have relieved the worst of my symptoms.

I have become a Seraphim, and I am one of two, but my lord does not trust the other. My lord is currently indisposed to lead, I assume the Itch, and he has left me in charge. I am learning a lot, and we draw closer and closer to the Ministry. I am beneath suspicion, no one here knows who I am.

I am currently getting information from a man in one of the departments. He's polite- I think mother would like him. Babushka would call him opezdol, I don't doubt. I think you would all approve heartily of my lord. I think Grete, especially, for she would find him vastly handsome. Though I do not think anyone would dispute it, not even Babushka.

Boris pines for home and I miss the comforts of your love and concern. Please send more word of you all. I love you all.

S. A. E.

She tucked the letters back into the envelope with the pictures before carefully sealing the letter with a spell her father had taught her. If it were to be opened by anyone outside of those listed on the envelope, the letter would turn to ashes. She took a step forward as someone left the line, raising the letter to her chin and closing her eyes, longing for her family suddenly bucking within her.
Sofie Elkin
Sofie Elkin
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 209

Back to top Go down

Where I belong Empty Re: Where I belong

Post by Felix Barker Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:03 am

Spying was the name of the game.

He stared at the girl standing in line, looking like a lost child. Felix was a danger to every person he met, helped that his ex-wife was also after him. Well.. was she still his wife? He wasn't quite sure on that little detail, but as far as he knew.. they were taking an... extended break.

He watched the woman silently from the shadows, a large dog sitting right by his feet. Sniffing the air and keeping a lookout while Felix was staring at the girl. He wanted to get her attention, while at the same time keeping out of the light of the day. He wore a dark cloak to hide his rather handsome and extremely noticeable face, there were times he wished he wasn't such a handsome devil, but there was no time to complain about it.

Felix whistled once, and snapped his fingers, sending Hyde over to the girl. Hyde was a beast of a dog, large and half-wolf looking, his jaw was shut tight though with a light bind, a dirty rag that kept it shut, but only enough so his tongue could come out every so often to lick his nose and pant if need be. He walked right up to Sofie and nudged her arm with his nose, looking up and sitting down, pawing at her leg, whining gently.
Felix Barker
Felix Barker
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 659

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofie Elkin Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:16 am

Sofie was startled out of her reverie by a nudge at her arm. She opened her eyes and looked down at the dog that stood there, a cloth tying it's snout shut. Sofie's large blue eyes scanned the shop, attempting to locate the owner. She let out a low call of her own, and her own dog, a growing Borzoi puppy, entered the shop and immediately skittered to her side, watching the dog warily.

The large dog pawed her leg and she drew her wand, before reaching out to untie the cloth from the dog's snout. She looked up and called, "Excuse me," to the clerk. "Someone's dog is in here. I don't know what you'd like to do with it, but it may be lost."
Sofie Elkin
Sofie Elkin
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Barker Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:38 am

Hyde growled when the cloth was untied, and it was immediately clear why his snout had been tied shut. His saliva drooled down his chin, and it smelt awful, a putrid rank that permeated the air. Hyde gripped onto her sleeve with his jaw, not biting her arm, just her sleeve, and pulled hard, not enough to tear, but enough to let her know that he wanted her to follow, keeping hold of her shirt so that she had to follow after him as he trotted neatly out of the shop, and into the street.

After a moment of hesitation, and completely ignoring the other dog, he glanced around and half drug her down the road, and around a house, before doubling back and going to Felix, who stood behind a building, his hood up around his face waiting for the two expectantly. "Hello love." he said gently when she neared. "Don't be alarmed.. I won't hurt you." He said gently, lowering his hood after a moment, to reveal a scarred, and yet handsome face, of Felix Barker.
Felix Barker
Felix Barker
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofie Elkin Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:16 am

The dog began to drag her and she immediately handed Boris the envelopes and a pouch of silver coins. The dog obediently ran the items to the counter, spitting them out at the clerk's feet, before wheeling around and running after his master, tail tucked nervously between his legs. Boris hadn't time or experience to be very brave, but he was exceedingly loyal.

Sofie, meanwhile, had a piqued curiosity. She allowed the dog to pull her, glancing behind only to make sure someone else had noticed. One elderly man watched her- he was enough to ensure she could confidently say she would be missed if she were to suddenly be murdered. Someone's eyes were on her.

She was led to a hooded figure and she pulled herself from the grip of the dog so as to leave a comfortable distance between herself and the being. He pulled his hood down and a bell of familiarity rung in her head. She had never met the man, but she knew who he was. "Hello, Mr Barker," she said. "How might I be of assistance?" She withdrew her hands politely into her cloak, one hand gently resting on her wand.
Sofie Elkin
Sofie Elkin
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Barker Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:41 am

Felix smirked at the girl, looking her over for a moment, smiling as his eyes raked her figure, before slowly moving them up to look her in the eyes. "Honestly, not going to hurt you.." He said holding up his hands to show he didn't even have his wand in them. "Just wanted to talk.. and well, not exactly safe for me to go out there.." He nodded towards the main street before looking back at her with a smile.

"You know who I am at least.. that's lucky of me.. don't have to go through awkward introductions.. What is your name girl?" He asked, keeping his eyes on her face now, his brow furrowed. He had an obvious scar over his right eye that caused the middle to be bright red, and give him an appearance like the character Scar on the muggle kid's movie Lion King. He had a few other scars, another noticeable one on his lower lip, that looked fresh, other than that the cloak just barely made a single scar running down his neck and down below his robes, visible. "You a government lady?"
Felix Barker
Felix Barker
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofie Elkin Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:53 am

Sofie withstood the obvious up-down he gave her. She wondered how pleased Aaron would be if she brought this wretch in to him. Whatever tactics it took, if she walked in with Felix Barker to be used by Aaron, she was sure he would be pleased. And Sofie aimed to please Aaron. It gave her wondrous satisfaction.

"I have not assumed so," she responded. "I see no threat posed to me." She wondered if this would harm his manhood. She would not mind it, but Sofie never meant to be cruel. "Girl?" she responded. "I assure you, I am not one to respond well to crass language. I believe you have given me the upper hand here, and I would appreciate a more civil approach to conversation." She smiled politely, blinking once with her thick lashes.
Sofie Elkin
Sofie Elkin
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Barker Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:07 am

Felix crossed his arms again, looking her over once more before leaning against the rough brick wall beside him. "You didn't answer my question.. girl." He said, emphasizing the word, 'girl' so as to make sure she knew that he really was in charge after the stab at the threat his presence called for. Obviously he was a known, dangerous man, as far as he knew, posters still hung with his picture stating him as a Dangerous Wizard on the loose.

"I'm curious girl.. what is the state of England like right now? I just got into town.. there isn't much I know.. it's a bit harder than you would think to slip through a crowded city and show up on Hogwarts front step than you'd think.." Felix was carefully taking in the girl, noting how calm she was about the fact of who she was standing in front of. Either she was mentally damaged, or someone much more important, she spoke clear enough English, so he had to assume she was someone who either was a Ministry worker, a Death Eater, or simply was stupid. "Who are you anyway? Any normal student or graduate would have run by now.. or been.. afraid." he said simply, leaning towards her, frowning down at her, before clicking his fingers and Hyde came to his side.

"Why did you take off his cloth?" Felix asked, looking a bit angry. "I need it.." he held out his hand for her to give it back to him, his own shaking slightly, and a very obvious scar in the middle of his palm, facing upwards.
Felix Barker
Felix Barker
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Marcheti Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:55 pm

( Hope I can join! )

"Maybe you are just not as terrifying as you assume."

Aaron appeared, seemingly out of nowhere, and approached the two. Word of Felix Barker returning had been spreading for awhile now but Aaron had assumed they were all rumors. Yet, there he was, right in front of him and trying to frighten the right hand lady of the Dark Lord of the Death Eaters. Aaron expected no less from Barker.

"You swear your allegiance to me and then you vanish?" He looked directly at Felix, obviously no fear anywhere around him. It was one of his saving graces. No matter who the person was, Aaron was never phased by them. Where normal men would tremble, stumble over their words, or run out of fear, Aaron stood tall and faced the person with absolute resolve.

"Tsk, tsk, I say," He smirked and he placed himself directly beside Sophie. "Now you answer my question. Why would a known dangerous wizard, such as yourself, be trying to get to the steps of Hogwarts for? Dare I say his blood lust has returned?" And you didn't even write me."
Aaron Marcheti
Aaron Marcheti
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 644
Special Abilities : Leglimency, Occlumency

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Barker Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:02 pm

Felix didn't even startle as Aaron showed up. He blinked once, and took it for it was, his eyes flicking to Sofie for a moment, before focusing on Aaron. He had been right, the girl was someone special somewhere.. and if Aaron was showing up, well that meant she had to be a Death Eater. "Hope I wasn't a bother." Felix said, smirking, and not moving from his position, leaned up against the brick wall beside him.

Felix obviously had been having a bad time, and Hyde didn't look much better, his hair was a bit overgrown, obviously he had trimmed it recently however, though he did have a light 5'oclock shadow across his chin, his eyes continued to stare at Aaron, a small smirk on his face. "I have reasons for showing up at Hogsmeade." Felix said lightly, eyeing Aaron for a moment before pushing himself away from the wall.

"Mostly because I'm not expected here of all places.. it's the safest place for me to hide." He smirked and glanced at Hyde, before looking back at Aaron, narrowing his eyes. "No blood lust these days.. simply wanting to see what my place in the world is like right now..." Felix said and sighed, stretching once and glancing around. "Not that hard to hide out in this town.. it's lazy and quiet.." He smiled, tilting his head to the side slightly. "Is she your pawn then?" He asked, nodding once towards Sofie.
Felix Barker
Felix Barker
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top