Back where I belong... I think! (David)
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Back where I belong... I think! (David) Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Back where I belong... I think! (David)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Back where I belong... I think! (David) Empty Back where I belong... I think! (David)

Post by Ally Nott Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:22 am

Arabella just arrived into London and looked around the place she was born slightly confused at her surroundings. "Wow this place is SO big, nothing like Salem which is a small town."said Arabella softly. Looking around like some new tourist she didn't get how her father could move away from a awesome place like London. "Ow! watch it!"said Arabella angrily as a couple bumped into her and kept on going. "Stupid damn rude muggles."said Arabella rolling her eyes at them.

"I wonder where's the wizarding world is at, I know they have one for I read all about it in Magical Wizardly World schools."Arabella thought to herself. Arabella wondered why she didn't get accepted into Hogwarts seeing how she was born and raised in London. Not that she minded Salem School of Magic but she wondered what it would had been like to go to Hogwarts.
In her own little daydream she kept on walking and bumped into somebody and snapped back into reality. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry are you ok?"Arabella asked them softly as she brushed her curly brown out of her eyes.

Arabella was never a person to day dream much but for some reason she was today, she figured it was because she was back in her home town. As she brushed herself off she looked at the person she bumped into with worry in her eyes. She hoped they were ok if they weren't Arabella would feel horrible.
Ally Nott
Ally Nott
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 152

Back to top Go down

Back where I belong... I think! (David) Empty Re: Back where I belong... I think! (David)

Post by Lauren Michaels Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:02 am

Christmas may have been over but spring was far away. Christmas was the landmark event that not only marked the birth of Jesus Christ but also, the middle of winter. They had a long way to go yet and David wasn’t sure how much longer he could deal with the chill. He’d set out that morning after stealing back the clothes Isaac had stolen. He hadn’t wanted to sneak into the dragon’s den at all that morning as Isaac had had company the night before. Coming face to backside with a buxom blonde’s arse wasn’t something David ever wanted to have to do again and he soon hurried out of the bedroom once he’d retrieved the scarf and jumper Isaac had ‘borrowed’.

David had phoned Amelia earlier that morning and she’d sounded a lot more strained than usual. She seemed to have a million things she needed to do so he’d offered to go out and get what she’d needed from the corner shop. The prospect of his relieved her somewhat and David wrapped up, pulling a shirt on over his undershirt before tugging his jumper on over his head. He shrugged his coat on and buttoned it up. He did the buckle up and made sure to wind his scarf around his neck. He pulled his gloves on and put dropped his bag onto his shoulder before leaving the flat, not forgetting his keys, his mobile or to slam the door on his way out. That would wake his royal highness.

After going to the shop, David slowed down a bit and decided to have a wander through London. He didn’t know why they’d all settled in London of all places. It was probably because Luke and Daniel’s graves were there. Still, Apparation wouldn’t have stopped them. David took a cigarette out of the packet in his pocket and lit it. He’d already had one that morning but he needed another whether his lungs complained or not. He’d need the nicotine to deal with a frazzled Amelia and a pissed of Isaac when he got home.

David’s train of thought was halted when he collided with someone. He staggered back and nearly lost his footing. He righted himself before he fell though and looked at the person he’d walked into. He took his cigarette from his lips and blew out the rings of smoke before looking at the girl that had bumped into him. “No, no, I’m fine,” David assured her awkwardly. “Are you alright? We must have hit each other pretty hard.” He said, changing the subject to something he was more comfortable with – someone else’s welfare.
Lauren Michaels
Lauren Michaels

Number of posts : 20

Back to top Go down

Back where I belong... I think! (David) Empty Re: Back where I belong... I think! (David)

Post by Ally Nott Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:24 am

Arabella looked at him and nodded. "Yes I'm fine, and thanks for asking although I was more worried that I hurted you."said Arabella softly. "Once again I'm sorry you see I'm new here, well not really new I was born and rasied here but moved to America when I was little for my parents gotten divorced and now I'm bakc in my home town."said Arabella softly. "Um... I bet you really didn't want to know that."said Arabella softly as she looked around. "Is it always busy like this all year around?"Arabella asked him softly looking around the crowded streets. "Where I'm from it's a small quiet town called Salem mMssachusetts.'said Arabella softly.

"God Ara shut up, before you scare him!"Arabella thought to herself as she looked at the big ben as it donged she jumped alittle. "I guess I have to get use to that."said Arabella softly to herself as a couple of people looked at her weirdly. "What take a picture it will last looonger you noisy pricks!"said Arabella annoyed by people watching her. "God don't people know how to mind there own business now days?"Arabella asked herself in a annoyed voice. Arabella gotten annoyed by noisy people and people who stared at her for no reason at all which annoyed her.

"Oh so rude of me where's my manners, I'm Arabella, Arabella Johson."said Arabella sticking out her hand for him to shake. The only thing that made Arabella blend in London was her british accent she still had with her if it wasn't for that she'll be a odd ball. Not that she already was for she looked like a lost tourist looking for an hotel.
Ally Nott
Ally Nott
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauren Michaels Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:24 am

Not knowing if the girl was a smoker or not, David held his hand down by his side, pointing the cigarette away from her so the smoke drifted behind them in the breeze. The Muggles desperate to get to the sales in town pushed past them and David moved slightly closer so he could avoid being cut off by a rude Muggle deciding to walk between them. It was a little bit ridiculous stopping to talk to someone in the street but not as ridiculous as it would have been to stand in the road and talk as no doubt many of the impatient Muggles wanted them to do.

“London’s your hometown?” asked a sceptical David who had grown up in the south of England. It was rural there. He hated London but it was where Amelia was bringing Sarah up. He didn’t think the capital was any place for a child but Amelia disagreed. It was the only place she could get work. To be frank, none of them could get work in the south. Isaac wasn’t even working now. He was living off of merchandise sales and ticket sales for the tour in America the band would be doing in a few months time. “I bet America was better, eh? It being away from all the hustle and bustle of this shit hole.” David looked around and nodded, a slight smile bringing the sides of his lips up. “Its worse this time of year but it’s busy all year round, yeah.”

When the girl snapped, David blinked rapidly and his eyes dived over to the people she was looking at. While her head was turned, he took a quick drag of his cigarette. He needed the nicotine and the girl, much to his dismay, was burning his money. He needed to make the most of the cigarette. David blew out the smoke, making sure it formed rings each time and looked back at the girl. “Hey, hey, hey....relax.” David said in an effort to talk her down out of her anger. “They just like to stare. They’re Londoners, it’s what they do.”

David looked at the girl’s hand and extended his own. He grasped her hand firmly and shook it. “David Barrie,” he introduced himself. “Welcome back to London, Arabella. Need a hand with anything?” He had nothing better to do. Amelia would live for half an hour before she went berserk and started calling him. Then she’d probably dump Sarah at his, waking up Isaac in the process and head off to work. Then David would find himself on the phone to his goddaughter until he got home.
Lauren Michaels
Lauren Michaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Nott Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:44 am

Arabella nodded when he asked if London was her hometown. "Yes it is, I thought maybe I could come back here to find out who I really am."said Arabella softly. "I know it must sound confusing to you, but I feel there's more to my life then what my father told me before he died."said Arabella softly. Arabella really didn't get why London was SO busy I mean what was so special about it anyways. When he asked if America was better she nodded. "Oh yeah, where I was from it was quiet and not a mad house like it's here!'said Arabella looking around.

Arabella calmed down. "Sorry... I'm just not used to this, where I'm from everyone minds there own business which was a good thing."said Arabella softly. As she seen him with a cigarette she didn't mind if he smoked in front of her. "Go ahead and smoke as much as you like I don't mind honestly I used to work at a place where there was smoke all the time."said Arabella softly. "What a odd and strange city this, everything so.... busy and packed!"said Arabella softly. "Oh god, what the hell did I get myself into?"Arabella asked herself looking around the place.

As he introduce herself she gave him a soft warm smile. "Nice to meet you David and thankyou."said Arabella softly. When he asked if she needed hand with anything she laughed. "Yeah alot of things, I HAVE no clue where anything is at let alone my new apartment I'm suppose to move into."said Arabella softly. "Is London easy to get around?"Arabella asked him softly. It looked pretty hard to her but she imagined if you grew up here or been to London alot you got the hang of it.
Ally Nott
Ally Nott
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauren Michaels Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:20 pm

So she was a girl looking for her roots was she? This made David smile somewhat. Her bias towards America was understandable. David despised the capital, having been brought up in the countryside, but it was where Isaac needed to be for his music and it was close to David’s publishers. It was a win-win thing but that didn’t mean he liked it. It was the opposite, really. “It’s always best to start where you first began,” David replied thoughtfully before backtracking upon realising the double meaning of the comment. “W-well, I mean... you know: your hometown or your home country.” David averted his gaze in embarrassment and cleared his throat. “Yeah, I know that sort of atmosphere well,” he agreed. “But no one is as ignorant as you think. You know things about them just as they know things about you.”

When the girl assured him it was alright to smoke, David placed the cigarette back between his lips. He needed the bloody nicotine. Isaac was driving him bonkers and it was quite possibly the only way he was ever going to get his head together. David inhaled the nicotine and took the cigarette away. He blew the smoke away and watched as the rings drifted before disappearing into nothing. “Welcome to London,” David quipped sardonically. He chuckled and shook his head, placing the cigarette back between his lips. It was then, though, that he remembered etiquette – or at least, Rachel and Amelia’s form of etiquette. David took the cigarette away and held it out for Arabella. “Shit, I’m sorry. Do you want...?” He drifted off weakly and smiled sheepishly at her.

“London is a hole,” David deadpanned. “A hole full of tubes, arseholes and taxis. So yeah, it’s pretty easy to get around.” He chuckled. “Do you have the apartment address? I can help you out with that then I can take you to Ikea or something.”
Lauren Michaels
Lauren Michaels

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top