Order of the Phoenix Meeting 16
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Order of the Phoenix Meeting 16 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Order of the Phoenix Meeting 16

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Order of the Phoenix Meeting 16 Empty Order of the Phoenix Meeting 16

Post by Jess Potter Thu May 19, 2011 11:57 am

Jess was in a furious mood, what little self control he had, was being used faster than he could manage.

The door to Number 12 Grimmauld Place flew open with a loud bang. Jess mounted the steps two at a time as he walked up to them, not bothering to open the door manually and merely flicking his wand to send it open. Unfortunately this was why he used so much force. "Goddamn it," he said, continuing into the house and flicking his wand behind him to repair the shattered glass.

His investigation into the death of the Muggle Prime Minister had failed to prove anything new to Jess. He'd undoubtedly been killed by a killing curse, all the evidence was there, and the circumstances surrounding the Death Eaters almost certainly labeled them as the culprits.

However one thing had stood out for Jess, one anomaly had shown itself to be completely confusing to Jess, managing to boggle him for hours, until he'd simply decided to file it under his "to-do" list.

This was not what was concerning him though, this wasn't what had made him so angry. Just over an hour ago, he'd been told, a Death Eater had strolled into Hogwarts, unopposed by any of the staff, and hung the dead body of a student up between the school gates, before firing the Dark Mark into the sky and leaving.

All this had happened with no opposition at all, and it was just confirmation to Jess that the situation in Hogwarts had deteriorated beyond an acceptable level.

Sitting at his seat he began to let a thought which had been mulling about in his mind for the past few minutes begin to take shape. It was radical, it was something he wasn't likely to popular for, but it was the right thing to do, and he was confident the Order would support him.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Order of the Phoenix Meeting 16 Empty Re: Order of the Phoenix Meeting 16

Post by James William Wilson Thu May 19, 2011 9:06 pm

''Prime minister Cameron is dead. We have a killing spree in Hogwarts. I can't say I am overjoyed with our progress, Jess. I have suggested more security within the school, I have repeated that request several times and it has been discarded each time, with you wanting another Potions professor. Jess, do you, NOW, understand what we are dealing with? No one cares about a bloody hospital anymore and the bloody Ministry... they are attacking vital targets...'', Wilson said, entering the house and seeing Jess. ''Jess, you know that I have pledged my loyalty to the Order, but I have to voice my opinion that there's more politics here than anything else...'', he added.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Robbins Fri May 20, 2011 12:43 am

Mercutio had decided to turn up to this order of the phoenix meeting, because he had heard about what had happened at the school. Honestly, who hadn't heard? They might attempt to staunch the flow of rumour but news like this would get out on its own.

Also, he'd heard there was a free meal last time. Say what you will about priorities, but starvation was just as deadly as the killing curse.

Of course, the powers that be were already fighting as he arrived. He decided to let them duke it out and made a detour to the kitchen before announcing himself.
Sara Robbins
Sara Robbins

Number of posts : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Fri May 20, 2011 6:22 am

Jess looked up and listened to the useless amount of information coming out of Wilson's mouth, a stem of contradictory, nonsensical words, for the most part. Normally he preferred to wait until more people arrived before launching into the point of the meeting, but this was not one such time. Enough waiting had already been done.

"Wilson," he said, watching the man walk in, carrying on a great deal.

"If you will recall," he said quietly, a cold underlying tone resonating in his voice,

"I asked that we appoint a new potions master from the Order in order to beef up our security in the school, and if you'll remember," he said, voice rising in volume.

"You blatantly disregarded my advice and told me that it was the wrong course of action!" He finished, shouting more than speaking towards the end of his rant.

"Do you think I have unlimited manpower or something?" He added, sweeping his arm violently through the empty air

"I can't merely send people to guard the school, the Death Eaters are already doing that, that's why I wanted another Professor on our side in there, to work undercover. I can't get people in and out at my beck and whim, they control the castle, and we don't," he shouted.

"Though perhaps," he added, his voice softening once more, "Perhaps that will change soon enough,"

((Any opinions on whether or not me separating my writing as new dialogue starts looking better or worse?))
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Fri May 20, 2011 6:24 am

Sophia appearted with a snall pop in alleayway that was a block away from Number 12 Grimmauld Place. As she looked around she seen no one she walked down the street like any normal person or muggle would. "So much do these muggles not know."said Sophia softly to herself. As Sophia kept walking her long black jacket blew in the breeze making her look mysterious and on a mission. As she reached Number 12 Grimmauld Place she opened the door and walked in.

As she took her normal spot which was across from Jess she ran her hands through her hair but showed no emotion other then seriousness. Everyone knew what happened at Hogwarts and the Muggle Prime Minister for it was over muggle and wizarding newspapers. "Jess what are we going to do, they been watching our every move I bet!"said Sophia softly. "Great just bloody great the damn death eaters are taken over once again!"Sophia thought to herself.

Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikki Lestrange Sat May 21, 2011 6:23 am

Nikki apprated just a few metres away from the place where another order meeting would be held. She sighed, but was happy though as she got to see her sister who would undoubtedly be on her side, as they're both in the order. She shivered a little bit, as if she felt she was being watched, but she looked around and found no one.

She made her way to Number 12 Grimmauld Place, opened the door and heard voices. She followed the voices and made her way to the room where people that had arrived so far were. She took a seat in the chair and shook her head. "Death eaters are pathetic....I feel like that even when they don't have a mission, they still want to go out and kill..." Nikki sighed, just speaking her thoughts aloud.
Nikki Lestrange
Nikki Lestrange

Number of posts : 6103
Special Abilities : Legilimency, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sat May 21, 2011 12:11 pm

''You wanted someone incompetent to teach Potions? You idiot! I suggested something more subtle, of course, but it came late as you started enforcing politics inside the order. As the young girl said, they are watching everything we do inside the castle and bringing someone strange in place of the Headmaster would be extremely suspicious, but I guess you know best. I mean, you are inside the school the whole day, after all'', he commented sarcastically. ''Well, we could also reinforce some of the pubs in Diagon Alley or... perhaps the people in Hyde Park... I know, let us reinforce plants and flowers, they won't stand a chance that way'', he said. ''What do you mean by that? If you are planning on invading the school with, what you have said, limited manpower, I am officially resigning to all positions in the Order, Jess, and I shan't allow for such a thing to happen. There are children there, you idiot! Your child might have been there! It might have been killed several nights ago, and you want to storm in and start a massacre?'', he asked.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat May 21, 2011 12:20 pm

Khaat and her father came into Grimmauld together, both of them with large paper cups of hot herbal tea with them. Even before they reached the kitchen they heard Wilson bellowing. Wilson was still on about the potions position business. She had thought that was resolved. She bristled. Michael was her godfather. He hadn't said to anybody that he wanted to take over potions. He was nominated to take it. Michael was not the enemy. She felt protective of him. Her father took her hand in order to get her to say nothing. Khaat wanted to just turn and walk out. Let Wilson b**** and gripe all he wanted. She was sick of it already.

"I'll deal with it, if it needs dealing with," Robert said to her. "Just leave it alone." He led her into the kitchen and they greeted the others with simple nods, not wanting to interrupt the yelling and overemotional debate. They took places at the opposite end of the table.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22646
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sat May 21, 2011 1:49 pm

"I'm sorry James, but did you not say just a minute ago that you "have suggested more security within the school"," he said, his voice taking on a slightly cynical tone as he quote Wilson's words. The man's arguments were infuriating, as well as contradictory.

"And yet now you tell me that we should have done it subtly," he said, "Tell me, what is this magical solution of "More subtle than hiring another member of staff, but still keeping security high," he asked a look of anger flashing across his face. "And yes, there are children in there. But as we've all seen over the past 24 hours, they're not being protected at all, and they are in just as much danger right now as they might be in battle," he said.

"The difference is that now they could stand up for themselves," he said, slamming his hand down on the table. "They could fight, should they want to do so, their lives are in danger while they're at that school, supposedly under yours and the Headmaster's guard," he said sternly.

"Good evening everyone," he then said, his demeanour not improving in the slightest. "I'm not sure if you've heard the news yet, is there anyone still in the dark?" He asked, refusing to even respond to James' threat of leaving.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat May 21, 2011 6:53 pm

"We've heard," Khaat said quietly.

"And we heard your bellowing as well," Robert said. "If security is a risk for the students, then does it not make some sort of sense for the school to close early for the end of the school year? If Hogwarts is no longer a safe haven, then perhaps it needs to be closed. And if Doyle is in your back pocket as deeply as you say he is, Wilson, then perhaps you need to advise him to do so.

"As it is, Michael is in the school from now until the end of term. He is teaching a workshop. He will still have some of the access that the Order needs but perhaps not quite as deeply as Wilson has ingrained himself. Michael has related to me that there is talk of a Summer Magic Camp. I believe he means to take part in it. If I know Michael at all, he won't be using it to teach some of the useless transfigurations that some of us were taught as children.

"And, we do have another possible wild card we might make use of, at some point or another. Khaat's fiance, Brian Quinn, has resigned from the Ministry, partly at my direction. He is not particularly well known, except because of his association with Khaat. Nor is he a well recognized Order member, and I intend to leave it that way. I am allowing the rumors of his dissatisfaction with the Department of Magical Law Enforcement and with Jen Dent to continue. He may be of use to us because most likely he will be seen as a neutral for the present, despite his personal life."

He knew it was well known that Brian lived with Khaat, but if Brian had left on an unhappy note from Robert's employment, that might make him appear to be perhaps valuable to the Death Eaters. Robert anticipated that at some point, someone might want to learn some of the more vital secrets maintained within the Ministry, and Brian might provide convenient bait.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22646
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top