Longbottom Estate! - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Longbottom Estate! - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Longbottom Estate!

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Longbottom Estate! - Page 2 Empty Re: Longbottom Estate!

Post by Molly Minerva Weasley Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:17 pm

While Rise was busy feeding the plant and then writing down the information she and Neville liked to keep at hand, Neville bustled about, going to a cabinet and rifling through it. "Damn plant companies... Sending scrap soil... I wouldn't plant a dandelion in this soil- Ah! Here's the good stuff." He grabbed a pot and poured a good amount of the good soil into it before going over to Tito. He plunged his hands into the soil and expertly extracted the entire plant and all the roots from its pot, before plopping it into new pot. Frank ate more breakfast as his father added more soil until the plant was snug in its pot.

At Rise's words, Frank raised an eyebrow. "I know nothing about plants, Rise. Pop can do that." But Nevile had just washed his hands and was scarfing down bacon. With a full mouth he replied, "Rise... tell 'im 'ow to fee' i'!" Frank stared at the plant that seemed to be sneering at Frank. Oh boy.
Molly Minerva Weasley
Molly Minerva Weasley
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 169

Back to top Go down

Post by Risé Lehmberg Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:37 am

Rise's jaw nearly hit the floor when Frank said he didn't know how to feed the plant. "You lived here longer then I have, and you don't even know how to feed a venemous tentacula?" Rise said staring at him. Her first couple days in the household had consisted mainly of laying in bed, afraid the world would hate her, healing, getting stronger, but after that.. she started to leave her room a bit more, and only four days into staying with the Longbottom's, Mr. Longbottom had managed to get her out into the greenhouse, hopeful probably that someone liked plants as much as he did. It just so turned out that she did, she loved plants and hadn't even known it. Rise, after getting over the shock that the Longbottom's wouldn't hate her for what she was, got more and more into helping Mr. Longbottom out in the greenhouse, and it just so happened, one of the first things she had learned to do, was feed all of the plants in there, and there were quite a few different plants to feed.

"That's one of the first plants I learned how to feed! Come on!" She said and grabbed Frank's wrist, pulling him over to the plant. "Now, you're going to have to be careful, because it can hurt you.." She said, grinning at Frank, before grabbing a handful of what looked like bits of meat. "Alright.. watch the tentacles.." she said carefully, and then grinned at Frank, and nearly plunged into the plant, avoiding the tentacles, and getting bits of meat into them instead, soon the tentacles stopped trying to get at her, and were to busy eating to deal with the skinny little 15 year old that was standing next to it. She grinned and looked at Frank. "That's how you do it." She said and smiled at him shaking her head, before fluttering past him to eat what she had left beside Mr. Longbottom.
Risé Lehmberg
Risé Lehmberg

Number of posts : 313

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly Minerva Weasley Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:22 am

Rise seemed shocked, but Frank did not feel like explaining he did not have quite the same enthusiasm for Herbology that his nutty father had. He liked to be a helpful busy body, like his father, but he preferred to deal with creatures that could speak back to him, telling him what they needed and then thanking him for his efforts. Plants did not do that.

It did not matter if Frank did not want to explain, his dad would for him. "Oh, Frank never has shared by love for the leafy things. He's always so busy, with his Auror work, and the school files, and saving the world.. He thinks people and music are the best things around. He's obviously never made anything bloom, huh?" He chuckled, nudging Rise. Frank rolled his eyes- yeah, great one Pop.
Molly Minerva Weasley
Molly Minerva Weasley
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Risé Lehmberg Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:49 am

Rise couldn't help but laugh right along with Neville, and she grinned at Frank, who didn't look so amused. "Oh come on, Lighten up Frank!" She said giggling, punching him in the arm lightly. "Just cause you need to save the world... planting things is very relaxing, you should try it sometime.. though.. sometimes it's not.." She said glancing around at the deadly plants in the greenhouse. Sure Neville Longbottom wasn't exactly.. brave, but when it came to plants, Rise hadn't seen anyone braver. He could tackle anything, and not be afraid, it definitely inspired Rise to do the best she could. Help others, as well as plants. "But I get what you mean.. helping people is cool too.. they say thanks back.. instead of biting your hand." She said smiling at Frank. "I'd like to help people.." She said simply, pushing a piece of bacon around on her plate, staring at it. "But I like plants too.." She said glancing at Neville, and then back up at Frank.

Rise frowned, and then sighed slightly. "I do miss school." She said, and glanced over at Neville, a small sad smile on her face. "Though it got out already right? I mean.. there was that.. that.. " Rise shuddered slightly and looked anywhere but at Frank and Neville. "That battle... or whatever.. and.. and.. it got out early.. so I won't go back until it starts back up again.. do you think I'll be really far behind? Should I.. should I read more.. practice.. to be honest, I don't even know where my trunk is right now.. for all I know it's still sitting at Hogsmeade station.." she said looking around at Frank, her eyes catching his. It wasn't a secret what had happened to her right after Christmas, but it wasn't often that Rise came so close to discussing it. Her hand absentmindedly travelled to the scar on her chest, running her fingers over the raised edges through her shirt, staring off into the distance. "Do you think my parents miss me? Probably not.. they didn't even realize I was gone I bet... apparently they got a note saying I was at a friend's house.. didn't think anything of it.. until the school owled to tell them I hadn't come back.." She licked her lips, and set her fork down. How had the conversation turned so dark all of a sudden?

Rise snapped out of it, and then bit her lip. "I erm.. I'll go feed the other plants." She said, and hurried off to get some more food for the other plants in the greenhouse.
Risé Lehmberg
Risé Lehmberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly Minerva Weasley Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:24 pm

Rise could be long-winded and talkative when she wanted too, often seeming as though she were offering different opinions up to herself, for her own benefit. Neville did not need to be convinced how great plants were, and Frank did not need telling what the pluses were to helping people over broccoli. Neville and Frank shared a grin.

However, she continued on more and more and Frank and Neville shared another worried look, before settling their concerned gazes on Rise. She seemed to realize how much of her inner thoughts she had spoken aloud and seemed a little embarrassed by it, because she excused herself and hurried away. Frank turned and gave Neville a helpless look.

"I'll catch her up with what I know. Perhaps I can speak with Hermione, I'm sure she would be up to helping Rise. The problem is she missed her OWL year.. She may be better off retaking it altogether." Frank said, "Do you think it'd be okay for her to go to Hogwarts?" Neville blinked at his son and smiled, "Everyone is always ready for Hogwarts. It's the best place you can be."
Molly Minerva Weasley
Molly Minerva Weasley
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Risé Lehmberg Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:18 am

Rise busied herself with feeding the plants in the greenhouse, trying to get her tears to stop bothering her. Why had she suddenly gotten so emotional?! She frowned and stood in the greenhouse, realizing she had fed all the plants, and had nothing else to do. She stopped for a second, unsure of where to turn, before she looked back at Frank and Neville, smiling shyly. "I erm... I guess.. i'll go help clean up in the kitchen." She said, tucking her hairbehind her ear, and frowning at them, before stopping at the door. "Do you think I'm weird? I mean... Is it odd.. that I get upset.. about stupid things.. I mean.. its school, most people don't like it! But.. I do like school, and I want to go back.. but.. I feel so far behind.." She stopped for a second, but shook her head, and left the room, wiping her eyes and going to help Mrs. Longbottom with cleaning up after breakfast.

It was a lot to understand, for a 15 year old.. normal 15 year olds just had to worry about, puberty, school work, nothing as.. complicated as this kind of bodily changes. Nothing like becoming a werewolf, or... or.. being kidnapped, treated like a servant, pretty much tortured, and abused.... they had treated her like a slave for so long.. and now she was out, and now.. she didn't know what to do! She was like a lost puppy.. always lost, always in a need of of someone else to help her.. and she wanted to help herself! She wanted to take control of her own life! She wiped her eyes, and ended up not even going to help Mrs. Longbottom, but going outside and sitting on the front porch, staring into space, small tears in her eyes.
Risé Lehmberg
Risé Lehmberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly Minerva Weasley Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:11 am

Frank stared at Rise, a little off put as to where all of her emotion had suddenly come from- Frank was a good listener and gave good advice, but he was still to young to really be able to influence anyone or always know what to do or say. He simply lacked the experience to be ready for every situation. His father, however, was better seasoned.

"Of course not, Rise. Hell, I still miss Hogwarts." He smiled kindly. "It's normal, Rise. Don't you fret." She left and he turned to Frank, nodding. "You're turn, son. You brought Rise home, you need to be her friend and make sure she's alright, okay? I'll finish settling the new plant and repotting the plants here I was going to repot. Now, move along, Frank."

His father practically shoved him out of the greenhouse and Frank spotted Rise going along the side of the house. He followed and sat next to her, staring ahead too. He allowed for some comfortable silence before saying, "My dad said he'd be willing to tutor you. We also have some friends who might. We can discuss your options with the Headmaster. You can do whatever you set your mind to, Rise."
Molly Minerva Weasley
Molly Minerva Weasley
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Risé Lehmberg Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:33 am

Rise stared into space, feeling Frank sit down next to her, but she didn't turn her head, it was a comfortable silence, and she sat, sniffling every now and then, staring off into space, when Frank started to talk. About school... Rise frowned, and felt tears well even more then that. "It's not just school Frank.." She said softly. "What... what if they find out? What if.. they hate me... what if no one likes me..." Rise pulled her knees to her chest, and stared straight ahead, her hair falling into her eyes. "Even my parents don't like me..." She said softly, turning to look at Frank. "And don't tell me that's a lie.." She said and then reached into her coat pocket, pulling out a letter that had come for her just before breakfast that very morning. "Read it.." She said, thrusting it at him, staring ahead of her silently.

It was a letter from her mother.

"Rise,

I heard about what happened to you.. and let me say first of all, that I'm sorry about that... we didn't mean for that to happen to you.. We sent along a key to your Gringotts account, we'll put some money in it every now and then, don't spend it all okay? Listen.. you know how the neighbors are around here.. and you know that.. things are hard, and we would appreciate it if you stayed at the Longbottom's house... Your getting older, and now that you have a responsibility on you.. such as the one you have been given.. we feel.. it is safer if you stay in that house. You know your father and his views towards Werewolves, and of course your siblings wouldn't be to happy.. they would think we favored you because we would have to keep you inside.. you would be happier.. and safer.. and it would just be better if you didn't come back here..

Your Mother,
Martha."

Rise waited until Frank had read the letter, before she spoke again, staring into space. "She doesn't want me there... and all of that.. that... bullsh*t about siblings.. and the neighbors.. it's just.. stupid! She doesn't want to see me again... and she made up excuses for why I shouldn't come back!" Rise was crying again, and this time, she had reached into her shirt, and pulled out an old, worn locket that hung there. She grabbed it roughly, and pulled on it, breaking the chain, and it sat in her hand, old and dented. She slowly opened it up, showing a picture of her and her family, and she was in the background.. barely noticed in the bright and sunny picture, she wasn't smiling, but everyone else was.. and she looked thoroughly miserable. "They hate me.." She whispered and then flung the locket on the ground, watching it snap shut and roll down the sidewalk silently.
Risé Lehmberg
Risé Lehmberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly Minerva Weasley Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:47 am

Frank listened patiently to her, wanting to hear all of her troubles before he began to tackle any particular singular one of them. She held out a letter and he took it in his two hands, reading through it quickly, beginning to wonder who they allowed to be parents nowadays. Frank knew full well he could tell his father he was a Death Eater, and no matter how upset or ashamed or disappointed, Neville would want him with him.

Frank folded up the letter and listened to her, knowing she need to get this anger out-- and she had every right to be angry. He put an arm around her shoulders and squeezed, ignoring the fallen locket-- he would retrieve it for her later. He let her sit in silence for awhile, letting all of her split emotions hang in the air for a second while he gathered his thoughts.

"You may have lost that family," he said, "But you have one here. That's how the world works- that;s how life works. It weeds out the people in your life who aren't good for you to make room for the people who are meant to be apart of your life. Just like plants. You know I won't lie- I can't. Some people will reject you. A lot won't even know. But in the long run, you'll make the friends you need to make."
Molly Minerva Weasley
Molly Minerva Weasley
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Risé Lehmberg Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:59 am

Rise slid in next to Frank, and curled up against him. Resting her head on his shoulder, feeling his arm around her, it felt comfortable, and she was content to listen to what he had to say, feeling the deep vibrations his voice made in his chest as he spoke. It made sense, but how could.. how could her family just leave her? Never want to see her again.. after she had been kidnapped, tortured, abused, and left on the doorstep of the man who had bitten her... bitten in an odd place, bitten where no other werewolf was bitten before. Right between her breasts of all places. And now.. now she had been taken in on pure chance, by a family that did like her.. by a family she could trust.. a family that would help... a family that had a history so startling.. that she had just been.. thrown into.. knowing that Neville had known Harry Potter, been apart of all of that.. was still friends with his best friends.. it was just.. amazing.

And yet Rise was sad.. upset, and confused. She had never been singled out. Never been one to put herself out from the crowd.. and now.. well, she felt so weird, standing out, and being out there for everyone to see. Having a personality that was noticeable, her body was filling out in ways it had refused to do before this, and it was obvious that she was no longer the little girl that could be ignored. Oh no.. she was a growing woman, and everyday something new and weird happened to her body that had nothing to do with being a werewolf. It had been late to bloom, but now it was coming in at full force. And Rise didn't like it. She curled up next to Frank, and listened to his even breathing, the gentle beating of his heart, as it pushed the blood into all of his veins. Blood.. such an odd concept. Blood, Vampires drank it to stay alive... purebloods married to keep it pure, it was spilt for reasons beyond Rise, and yet it was something that kept everyone alive. Something that everyone needed or they would die... blood... so easy to spill, so delicious to taste (When she was a werewolf of course) and yet.. so fragile.. and still, a liquid.. Rise took ahold of Frank's hand, and brought it up to her cheek, holding it there for a long moment, her eyes closed. "Thank you.." She said softly, before letting go of his hand, and sitting up slightly so that she wasn't leaning against him anymore.
Risé Lehmberg
Risé Lehmberg

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top