Longbottom Estate!
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Longbottom Estate! Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Longbottom Estate!

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Longbottom Estate! Empty Longbottom Estate!

Post by Molly Minerva Weasley Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:06 am

Longbottom Estate! DalkeyQuaintHome6-20-2008

Quaint and surrounded by garden, the Longbottom house looks like your average cottage. Inside, it is magically expanded to look like a manor home, complete with bottom and second floor, as well as a basement where Frank bums it out. There are four bedrooms at the top floor, as well as a study. The backyard has a greenhouse, so Hannah and Neville can raise a variety and magical plants.
Molly Minerva Weasley
Molly Minerva Weasley
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 169

Back to top Go down

Longbottom Estate! Empty Re: Longbottom Estate!

Post by Risé Lehmberg Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:41 am

Rise yawned, and stirred in her bed. The morning sun was shining on her, and she growled at it, pulling the blankets over her head. She had been here for quite a long time, but she still wasn't used to it. She still had nightmares of being trapped in the werewolf camp, and having to do their dirty deeds. But the one that always hit her hard, was when she was bitten, flash forwarding to her being found by Neville Longbottom's son, and being set up in this wonderful safe house, filled with plants, and nice people, and life. It was the happiest Rise had ever been.. even with her whole.. doggy problem, Neville could easily get the ingredients for a wolfsbane, and simply had to have someone else make it (He wasn't to good at potions, Rise was led to believe).

Sniffing hungrily, Rise smelt breakfast and sat up in her bed, yawning. Bacon, eggs, waffles, and something delicious smelling, some sort of fruit, but Rise, in her tired state, had a hard time picking it out over the overpowering smell of bacon and waffles. "Mmm.." She said softly, and climbed out of her bed. She had been given her own clothes to wear shortly after arriving, She wore a simple nightgown that fell well above her knees, but she liked it like that. Simple nightgown, her hair pulled back into a pony. After a quick, cold shower, Rise got dressed in simple jeans, and a plain blouse, and jumped downstairs happily. She hadn't ever been more at home, even in in her own home. This was the place for her.. not at her parents, not at the Greybacks, she was happy to help in the garden, and help with anything the Longbottom's needed, and they didn't mind the fact that she turned a little.. crazy on the full moon. Walking into the kitchen, Rise grinned. "Good morning!" She said a little sleepily, sitting down at the table, and grinning at the family.
Risé Lehmberg
Risé Lehmberg

Number of posts : 313

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly Minerva Weasley Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:02 am

Most eighteen year old blokes would have been horrified to admit they still loved at home and would have been mortified bring a younger girl home. But Frank was not most blokes, and the situation with Rise was different. He had showed up and his parents had helped her get situated. When she was asleep, it had been a short matter of explaining.

Hannah, his mother, adored Rise. She's so helpful, so pretty, so sweet, such a sweet lass blah blah. He could never get her insistent, nasally voice out of his head- though he loved his mother dearly. Neville had taken to her too, always glad to talk herbs with her, always coming home and say, "Rise, my girl, how would you like to see the best and newest thing in Herbology?!"

Frank was very thankful that they all got along though. He had only been there long enough to see that Rise was perfectly at home before he had been assigned at Hogwarts. He spent the night there during the weekdays and he would try to visit on the weekends. It had only lasted a few weeks- and then the battle of Hogwarts had struck.

Now he was home. That morning he had woken up early as usual and took a shower, cleaned up, shaved, yada yada. As he began to head up the stairs out of his basement bedroom, he paused and looked between his guitar and a stack of papers. He side and grabbed the files, heading up, his heart panging slightly as he headed upstairs.

Hannah served the food, pouring him some orange juice. Rise stumbled in and greeted them. He glanced up from his files and smiled. "Good morning." His mother was there to outshine him though. "Good morning, Rise! You look radiant! What would you like? Waffles? Bacon? Sausage? Cantelope? Grapefruit? Toast? Orange juice? Milk? Peac-"

"Muuum," Frank groaned, rubbing his eyes.

"Don't 'Muuum' me, Frank Percival," she said sharply. She turned back to Rise, smiling. "What would you like, dear?"
Molly Minerva Weasley
Molly Minerva Weasley
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Risé Lehmberg Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:12 am

Rise beamed when Frank's mum complimented her, and automatically started to shoot off foods for her to eat. "Erm.. a waffle, some bacon.. and a small slice of grapefruit please and thank you Mrs. Longbottom!" Rise said happily, sitting down next to Frank, and smiling at her. Her wound had healed perfectly well, thanks to their family, and it was now little more then a small wound on her chest, it would never FULLY heal, but now it was nothing more then a scar. Her shirt wasn't low cut enough to actually show the scar, but it was a constant reminder of what she was. Rise sat down, and looked over Frank's shoulder. "Anything exciting today Frank?" She asked, grinning at him nosily. Already she felt like his younger sister, annoying and nosy, but she was only being playful, she had never actually HAD anyone to be playful with, it was an odd feeling.

"Mrs. Longbottom, did Mr. Longbottom get that new plant in today? It was supposed to come in TWO DAYS ago! It still hadn't come in! I've been keeping track of the papers, and it should have been here by now.. I don't know why it hasn't! I mean.. that plant is very delicate.. if it stays in the mail to long, the plant could start to try and eat itself.. and that would be bad.." She said biting her lower lip, and spinning a piece of her hair around her finger deep in thought. She had been busy ever since she had gotten here, and she loved it greatly. Helping keep Mr. Longbottom's papers in check, seeing as he tended to forget where things were, well, the papers, never the plants, because he loved them to much to forget about them! She often stayed up late into the night, reading the books on plants and creatures she had found around the house, and by now, had a collection of small books and plants that she took care of on her own, and a journal where she kept her observations. It was like home, and Rise had never been more happy in her life. She didn't want to leave, and was afraid they would one day say she had to.. but she wouldn't go.. no.. she would stay here forever, and be happy, and help Mr. and Mrs. Longbottom, and stay here... forever.. even if she was a Werewolf... she'd start a shop... or... write books... something.. she wanted to be happy, and for the first time in her life.. she was.
Risé Lehmberg
Risé Lehmberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly Minerva Weasley Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:41 am

Hannah always had a newspaper in one hand and she used it for these occasions. She swatted Rise lightly on the hip and said, "Now don't you go making me sound old. I am not my grandmother-in-law and I shudder to be called her name. You call me Hannah." Frank rolled his eyes and said, "Calm down, Hannah." The newspaper hit him across the back of the head. "HEY!" That was definitely not nice. "And YOU call me Mum."

Frank rubbed the back of his head and sighed, watching his mother fix Rise's breakfast. He sighed at Rise's question and said, "Nothing interesting, of course. Just some stuff on some Death Eaters. We know nothing new though. I'm just committing this information to memory." He sighed. "This job was not as glamorous as I thought." Hannah turned around. "Don't let your uncles find you searching for glamor. They already tease you enough."

Rise began to ask about the plant as Hannah set the plate down in front of Rise. The door opened and their stood Frank's dad, holding a huge package. "It's here!" he announced, his face lighting up. He stumbled forward and pushed the centerpiece out of the way. "Oh, dear, not on the table, you'll get soil everywhere!" Hannah whined. Neville ignored her and his hand pushed a plate.

Frank's plate went skidding off the table and landed in his lap, luckily food up. He quickly snatched up his files and scooted back, picking up his plate with his free hand. "Morning, Pop" he said in a weary voice.

"Rise, come here!" Neville said in awestruck wonder. He ripped off the brown paper and revealed beautiful yellow tulips. He grinned and picked up a piece of bacon, dangling it above the largest flower. It turned upwards and the petals curled back, revealing sharp teeth. It curled backwards and lept upwards, nipping off a piece of the bacon, which Neville dropped. He clapped his hands together. "It's just what I wanted!"
Molly Minerva Weasley
Molly Minerva Weasley
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Risé Lehmberg Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:55 am

Rise grinned when she was swatted. "Sorry Hannah!" She said, still giggling at the word, as she sat down and started to eat. Laughing as Hannah hit Frank with it too, telling him to call her mum. Rise giggled, and listened as Frank said something about something. "oh.. very interesting." She said boredly. "Death Eaters.. yay.. aren't they extinct yet or something?" Rise said, glancing over his shoulder once more, before turning completely to her breakfast, as though she were trying to memorize it as much as Frank was memorizing, whatever he was memorizing. Digging in, she had barely started, when suddenly Neville Longbottom came nearly flying into the room, a package in his hand. "Ohh!" Rise squealed, and leapt to her feet, half flying across the room in her excitement. If she had a tail, it would be wagging, and she had an almost puppyish look to her face, as Neville opened the package.

The Tulip looked normal enough, but Rise had been reading up on the new arrival just last night, and knew that was the farthest thing from a normal tulip as you could get. Rise leaned forward, and watched as it curled back and revealed sharp teeth, which she attempted to count before it snapped it's jaws shut on the piece of bacon Neville had dangled in front of it. "Forty-two! It has forty-two teeth! That's incredible! More then the human mouth.. but such a small plant... every tooth is sharp, but can hurt a muggle badly if they try and pick it." She said laughing with glee. "ohh, we need to get some meat! We need to feed it something more.. satisfying unless we want this poor guy to try and eat himself... "Rise said, still watching the plant hungrily, counting, measuring with her eyes, and memorizing the details, for her report later in her journal.

"Raw meat is better.. but I guess Bacon will do for now.." She said glancing at the plate of bacon, and then up at Hannah, smiling sheepishly. She wasn't looking to happy at all the dirt that had scattered on the table from when Neville had opened the package. Rise perked up her head, and grinned at her. "Sorry Hannah.." She said and then glanced at Neville. "Maybe we should move this into the greenhouse.." She said glancing at the table, and again, smiling sheepishly, and it was almost like her tail had gone down, the wagging was still there, but not with the intensity as before. She even kinda wiggled her butt in excitement as she looked at the plant. "We should have some meat left from that plant we got last week.." She said looking up at Neville, and grinning. "I've got an inventory check.. we'll need to replace it soon.. but this little guy won't need much." She said, grinning and looking at Hannah happily. Eyes shining, and imaginary tail wagging.
Risé Lehmberg
Risé Lehmberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly Minerva Weasley Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:11 am

Frank watched in wonder at his odd little family- Neville and Rise giggling like goofballs, Hannah trying to look stern but just conceding a weary smile, and him- with files. This sucked. He wanted to be back to normal, happy and carefree, not up to his neck in paperwork. He sighed. He did not need to be tied down by a career so soon in his life.

"MEAT!" Neville shouted. He turned left, then right, then left again, before turning around and tripping towards the freezer, pulling it open and began searching through. "Ah! Here's some-" "No, Neville, that's for dinner tonight-" "But, Hannah-" She snatched it out of his hands and tossed it back inside the freezer. She put her hands on her hips. "No taking meat. And no plants on the table! Take it the greenhouse. You just restocked the fridge out there with meat and plant food." Neville groaned. "Fiiiiine."

There was distant thumping and a small, pixie-esque figure appeared at the stairs that led to the kitchen. Alice blinked around at the situation; she had dressed for the day, looking pale as ever, her blond pixie hair cut razor short. She wore a leather jacket and metallic pants, with boots up to her knees. She was... a different cut of the Longbottoms, but Frank grinned as she came in.

"Breakfast?" she said, in a dangerous whisper. "What the HELL, Mum! No one even called me!"

"Oh! Alice, I'm sorry, I forgot to call you downstairs. And don't use that language-"

"ALICE, my love!" Neville boomed, holding his arms wide, bacon in one hand, soil covering is other. She stared at him, mortified. "Gimme a kiss, my darling."

She shook her head. "Fat chance." She turned and stomped upstairs. Frank chuckled and called after her, "Good morning, Alice!" "BUGGER OFF!"

He turned to Rise, "Isn't she cute?"

Neville waved a hand. "She says that, but she'll be begging me for some of my wormwood in no time, I'll bet."
Molly Minerva Weasley
Molly Minerva Weasley
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Risé Lehmberg Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:23 am

Rise laughed as Neville ran to try and get some meat, but Hannah stopped him. Seeing the look on Frank's face, she stuck her tongue out at him, and went to him, ruffling his hair and leaning over his shoulder, looking down at the paperwork. "Wanna come help Neville and I feed the plant? I'm sure it won't take long.. and you could use a break.. you work all day.." Rise said gently, knowing that he could use the rest. Suddenly though, Alice came in, and Rise moved away from Frank. Alice wasn't the most.. likable of persons.. and often Rise found herself forgetting she was even in the house. Rise spent a lot of her time out in the greenhouse with Neville, and Alice.. well Rise should be more thankful to her.. seeing as Alice was the one who made her wolfsbane potion.. Rise's life rested solely around that one pale girl who didn't enter the picture very often.

Rise frowned when Alice rushed back upstairs, shouting at them to bugger off, and was gone. "I feel kinda bad for her... we kinda forget her a lot..." she said frowning, looking at the stairs after Alice. "I mean.. she does make my potion.." She said simply, referring to wolfsbane, but not actually saying it aloud. They all knew her condition, but she still didn't like talking about it. Even though Neville was friends with other Werewolves in the past, like Remus Lupin... Rise found her attention diverted though by the plant, that was starting to nibble on a fallen petal. "Crap! Gotta feed it Mr. Longbottom! It's starting to eat itself!" She yelped and ran out of the room to the greenhouses, needing to pull out the meat and get it prepared for the little plant, leaving the carrying of it, and the bringing it in and making it at home to Neville, seeing as she was practicing the whole, feeding the plants thing, and as she walked in, she had to remind herself that she did need to feed all the plants this morning.. which usually took quite a while, but for right now... the tulip was the first thing she was worried about.
Risé Lehmberg
Risé Lehmberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly Minerva Weasley Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:37 am

Frank sighed and responded, "Yes, I know. I'll get rid of these and I'll join you two." At her words on Alice, he grinned and waved a hand. "She thrives in feeling like her existence is tragic. She really does like us, she just won't admit it." Hannah tsk-ed. "I'm worried about her, Nev, I don't like this 'gothic' or 'emo' or whatever you call it phase. I'll bring her breakfast and talk to her."

"Uh-huh," Nevile said distractedly, stroking the petals of the plant, before it snapped at him. He pulled away and laughed moving over to the sink to wash his hands. Before he could, Rise made her discovery. He spun around, gasping. "Greenhouse! Stat!" She rushed out and he ran forward, picking the plant up by the pot, holding it out at arm's length as it strained to nibble on his nose.

Frank sighed and looked at his mother. "Please tell me we're not related to them, Hannah." She smiled, holding a plate in one hand that she had made for Alice, striding over to kiss the top of his head. "Of course you're not, Frankie-poo, you're adopted." She then swatted him with the newspaper in her other hand. "And just because you were beamed here by aliens doesn't excuse you from calling me Mum."

She made her way upstairs, the stairs creaking. He waved his wand and some of the soil disappeared. He banished his files to his room and began collecting the plates belong to himself, Rise, and Neville. He balanced them and made his way out towards the greenhouse, traveling through the outer gardens and dodging the plants that tried to interact.

He pushed his way in. Neville was clearing the main table, the place of honor, and settled the plant there. "There, there, Tito, it's alright."

"Tito?" Frank repeated, setting down the plates. "Brought your breakfast."

Neville nodded. "Thanks. Yes, Tito. That's his name. Technically, it's Tulip titus but Tito is much catchier." Frank scoffed and his father scowled. "Well, Rise agrees with me. Right, Rise?"
Molly Minerva Weasley
Molly Minerva Weasley
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Risé Lehmberg Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:50 am

Rise had gotten small strips of meat from the fridge, and was cutting them into smaller bite sized pieces as Frank came in. It was rather bloody meat, but she had a feeling the plant wouldn't mind, by the way he was attempting to bite Neville's nose. Rise was giggling, as she watched him clear a spot, and let them get a better look at the plant. It was gorgeous, even though it was attempting to eat its own pedals, which Rise had to keep reaching forward and pulling out of it's mouth, which resulted in quite a few bites, but she didn't mind, she had been bitten by worse.. like the scar on her chest.. that was worse then anything this little plant could do. But even here in the greenhouse, she had gotten worse bites, she didn't mind. Rise grinned and finished cutting the strips of meat into cubes, and gently fed the plant the meat, watching as it gobbled them up out of the air.

"Yes.. I quite like Tito! It fits it perfectly!" She said giving Frank a playful stare. "I think he even looks like a Tito!" She said and stroked the no longer hungry plant. It made an odd cooing sound and snuggled up to her finger. "Ohh!" Rise squealed happily. "I thought it always bit! The book I read was wrong! They only bite when hungry!" She said and quickly rushed across the room, where her journal lay, making careful observation of that, not really minding that there was still blood on her fingers from the meat. The page was quickly filled with writing before she turned around and looked back at the plant. "So there's something new! I didn't read anything about it being friendly when not hungry! Maybe we just have a nice one.. but that means they aren't ALWAYS dangerous.. as long as they are full!" She said giggling, and pointing at the base of the stem, where the meat had collected. There was a little bulge, where it was waiting digestion into it's roots, to help it grow. "Keep up this diet.. it'll be about as tall as me in a few weeks." She said nodding, taking a tape measure and measuring it's length before writing it down in her journal.

"Oh!" Rise gasped, and looked up. "Food! I'm starved." She said and quickly went to the sink, washing off the blood, before coming back and starting to eat. "Frank.. why don't you go.. and feed the venomous tentacula?" she said through a full mouth, staring at the plant on the table, as it sniffed around the soil at it's base, smelling the food, and not knowing why it was already in him. "They must get hungry quickly.." She said slowly, frowning, before giggling and looking at Neville. "It's so exciting!" She said and nearly dropped her plate, before she started to wolf down the food again.
Risé Lehmberg
Risé Lehmberg

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top