Moving Forward - Page 7
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Moving Forward - Page 7 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Moving Forward

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Moving Forward - Page 7 Empty Re: Moving Forward

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:53 am

Khaat's sleep was interrupted by her seer's powers again. She dreamed she was confronting Burke and Gelding by herself. They promised to make Felix Barker look like a mere schoolboy, and when they were done with her, they were coming for her babies, and then Brian, her mother, and everyone else her father loved. She saw them strike her with a cruciatus curse, and then....

She was waking with a hard jolt. She sat bolt upright, so frightened, she couldn't even breathe. She wasn't sure her heart was beating at all. Her neck and her back hurt, and her head was even worse. She couldn't remember ever having a headache like that. It was so severe it brought tears to her eyes. And the jolt made it hurt even worse.

She looked around seeing Steven coming in the patio doors with Cassidy. She didn't want to look like she was as fragile as she felt. She did her best to try to pull her nerves together and regain her composure. She had never let anyone frighten her like these guys had. Her mind flashed to Remus, and it occured to her that this was not the warrior he had raised her to be. He might have understood her fear at first, but he would not have allowed her to be captive to it like this. She suddenly felt ashamed of herself. She had never wanted, ever, to feel that she would disgrace or disappoint Remus. Not ever. And this, she thought, he might have given her a sound come uppance for. She did her best to not give in to the tears that burned in her eyes. She didn't want anyone to see. This was not who she was. She was Khaat Lupin. And Lupins coped with anything. Well, didn't they?
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22795
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:38 am

Jess came into the room almost running and headed to sit in front of Khaat "its ok Khaat I'm here it was a vision wasn't it i got a sens of it " she said and sighed "he won't gt to you nether will " she glanced at Cassidy "coffee for Khaat seeing the empty look on her face she looked at Steven "show her what to do Steven " she said.

Cassidy felt Steven take her arm and lead her to the kitchen and the coffee pot he handed her the pot "fill " he said and she moved to the sink filling the kettle with water and then returning it to the cradle and looked at Steven who nodded.
"half the job done now spoon out two spoons of coffee and place it in the cup " he said she did as she was told and the kettle boiled slowly she added it and stirred picking it up she moved back in handing it to Khaat hoping it was all right for her as it was the first one she had made.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 1311

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:55 am

"Thank you," Khaat said very softly, taking the cup from Cassidy. She looked at Jess. "If its a vision, we can't stop it, Jess, can we? It's going to happen, and there isn't anything we can do about it," she said, feeling entirely helpless now.

Brian came downstairs, with Abbey in one arm and Dakota in the other. Both girls were chattering in his ears eagerly, just as fast as they could babble. Dakota was yanking on Brian's ear. "Hey, You!" Brian laughed. "That's my ear! Hey, anyone want to grab this one?" He caught the look on Khaat's face and frowned. "Take them both--now." Angus rescued Abbey from Brian.

Brian shoved Dakota rather quickly into Jack''s arms and he crossed quickly to Khaat. "What happened? I thought you were sleeping."

"They're coming, and we...we can't stop them," she looked at him, truly frightened.

"What did you see?" Brian frowned.

"Burke and Gelding and me--alone."

"Khaat, now listen to me," He told her with a fierce protectiveness. "Not gonna happen. I don't care what you thought you saw. You're not going to be alone. Let's say for instance that you might be encountering them in the future. They're not invinceable. And you're a damned good fighter. You can take them. But here's the thing I don't want you to ever forget. You're not going to have to face them without us." She looked at him, not believing him. "Khaat, I swear," he said softly. "look at me. Do you trust me? I mean, really trust me?"

She looked in his eyes. There were few people she trusted like she trusted him. "Yes," she said softly. "I do."

"Then its going to be alright," he said softly, kissing her slowly. "Jess, would you go into the kitchen and get Khaat a bit more pain potion for in her coffee? Robert's spell is wearing off. I can see it. "
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:13 am

Jess looked at Khaat be fore she left "Khaat what we see is only one of an infanate possibility's, the future can be changed what you saw was one , we all will stand at your side so you will not and never will be alone "she stood up and walked to the kitchen returning with a small vile adding some to the coffee she handed it to Khaat. "now drink you'll feel better and rest assured, as Brian will be at your side so will I and jack " she spoke with reverence and determination she had swore and other to protect Khaat being her friend and her boss she looked at Jack who nodded his pride at her words clear on his face as he held Dakota in his arms.

Cassidy Looked to Steven seeing the same look in his eyes that Jess now had and she smiled knowing she too would give her life for her even if she had only made coffee and joined that morning to look like that at some one took complete dedication and reverence one she now under stood why.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:38 am

Khaat nodded, trying to get a grip on her fear. She didn't want to be this way. She really wanted to be stronger. This wasn't who she was. She sighed heavily. "I'm sorry, All," she said. "This is not at all who Remus would have ever wanted me to be. He would be so ashamed if he could see me right now."

In the midst of her words, Robert apparated in, and hearing her words he frowned. "What? What sort of twaddle is that, Khaat Karina Lupin?"

"But he..." she began.

"Now you listen to me," Robert said firmly to his daughter. "Remus loved you more than anything else in this world. And he was the first one to understand pain and fear and suffering. You above all people know that. He would never, ever have condemned you for being rattled after all this. You stop that nonsense this instant. He'd have only been thinking, first, about how very very proud he was of you for remembering enough of what we taught you so you could survive. And then, he'd probably have been heading up this whole detail we have to protect you and stop them. Now, you get a grip on this, Khaat. You're tired and hurt. You need a chance to rest up--physically and emotionally and mentally. You let us all help you a bit to share the load with you. Thats just what families and friends do. That's why we're here." Robert went over and took Abbey from Angus, anxious to hold his granddaughter. "You have any bloody tea in this house?" he looked at Angus.

"Uh..yes, Sir. Coming right up," Angus said, leaving promptly to get it.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:05 am

Cassidy stepped back as Robert appeared she was not ready for his sudden appearance and jumped slightly , she saw Steven smirk a little and sighed at his reaction. She listened and followed Angus to help with the tea the sooner she knew how each person like there tea or coffee the quicker she could be. Entering the kitchen she strood watching him as he made Roberts tea.

"Does he do that a lot ?" she asked " just pop in unannounced like that?" she asked "ow I'm only asking so i won't jump out of my skin next time" she said softly still watching him make the tea .
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:24 am

"Constantly," Angus laughed. "Get used to it. People pop in and out of here like it was Kings Cross Station--at all hours of the day and night. Especially Robert. At least we know, for th emost part, that whoever does that is a friend. Brian and Robert have layered all sorts of protective spells and enchantments all around the estate, but especially around the house. The grounds have been breeched once or twice, but those individuals have been dealt with. The house, well, that hasn't ever been breeched. Not to this point. Brian has gone to every length he knows to make this house as undetectable as he knows how. The only way one gets here is by express invitation. I bet you don't even know where you are, do you? You're farther north of London than you know. Brian will, at some point, give you a portkey so you can go in and out as you need to. But my best guess is that he hasn't thought of that yet."

He poured the tea. "Oh. Tea--where Robert is concerned, he doesn't use tea or sugar. Straight up is how he likes his tea. He prefers tea, except if he needs to stay focused and alert. And then he moves to French Roast. Khaat is a coffee drinker. Black, no sugar. Brian? Well, he never quits working, so he always feels like he has to stay awake and hyper alert. So, yeah. He's a coffee, black, no sugar sort of guy too. Jess and Jack are normally tea drinkers, but they sometimes drink coffee. Steven, he's an American. He's strictly a coffee guy. Me, I like both. It just depends on what mood I"m in."

"Let's get this back to him before he fires us," Angus laughed. "He's extremely no nonsense when they're working on something like this. You'll get used to him. He's more bark than bite--well, most of the time. But he can bite. You don't want to be on the end of that."

He took the tea back into Robert, who was now sitting next to Khaat on the sofa. He was holding Abbey on his lap with one hand and had his hand on the back of her neck, checking it. "You're going to be coal black for awhile," he sighed. "Can't help it. Bad bruising, my dear. Drink your coffee. You need the pain potion." Khaat looked at him and realized he clearly had smelled the potion in her coffee. "It'll help," he told her gently.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:45 pm

Cassidy made a metal note of all the likes for the people he spoke of , Khaat french roast coffee, Robert tea black, Brian coffee black , Jess and jack tea and coffee, Steven Coffee. She nodded and breathed out "I have no Idea where I am but for the moment I think its best " she spoke softly thinking she really had to get use to a lot of people being around her it was a big change from being alone in her work but she knew she would get use to it quickly.

She followed him back out into the main living room and moved to stand next to Steven who glanced at her and just looked back at Khaat and Robert. Cassidy did the same feeling a little uncomfortable at such an intimate moment between a father and his daughter.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:39 am

"They have no secrets," Angus said to Cassidy softly. "Well, almost none that I know of." He took the tea mug over to Robert and handed it to him. Abbey began to grab for Robert's tea mug, and Robert held it out of her reach, not wanting Abbey to get burned. Abbey got upset and offended and began to cry.

"Now you've done it," Brian said. He went over and took Abbey from Robert. "Is Grandpa being mean to you?" he asked Abbey, cuddling her. She began babbling at him tearfully.

"I think she's thirsty," Khaat said softly.

"Well, its Angus's fault," Brian said, pretending to be irked, and kissing Abbey. "He was mean, wasn't he, Abbey? Brought Grandpa something to drink and not you. That wasnt' nice, was it? Jess, would you like to take her while I get her some juice?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:42 am

Jess stood up and moved over to Brian and taking her from him , she accioed a full bottle of juice and gave it to Abby a second went to Jack who held Dakota still.

"when one is thirsty, i learned so comes the other " she said and smiled sitting down with abbey in her arms smiling at Khaat . "She'd put on weight since i last held her" Jess said as Jack moved to sit with her so the two could be closer.

Cassidy watched wondering if Jack and Jess w ere close then she saw the rings on there fingers and smiled realizing they were married. She glanced at Steven seeing no ring but a faint tan line and noting he had to be divorced or widowed the rest single though she smiled seeing the ring on Khaat's finger she knew that had to be Brian's since from what she had heard about her ex husband he would not bye something so beautiful for her. She shifted on her spot as her legs grew a little tired from standing.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top