Moving Forward - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Moving Forward - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Moving Forward

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Moving Forward - Page 2 Empty Re: Moving Forward

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:08 pm

"They do indeed," Khaat said. "I like them. I'll have to set them aside for Brian to look at when he has a moment. Brian, what the devil are you looking for?"

"An old friend," he hissed, angry now.

"Oh, wonderful," she sighed. That meant most likely Luther Burke was back stalking her because of how Barker had been inconvenienced. It just never ended. Ever. Her mind flashed back to Rob's rather harsh words to her that he didn't understand why she felt insecure and why she didn't like feeling vulnerable, and why she flet like she had to be able to take care of herself. It had bothered him that she had not been overjoyed by needing bodyguards every place she went. He expected her to just suck it up and live with it. And it had seemed to be where their relationship had been torn apart. Probably for good.

She hadn't talked to Brian yet about her thoughts of finally filing for divorce from Rob. Part of it was because she was hurting. It broke her heart. Again. And she didn't want Brian to see how badly she was hurting. She hadn't been able to actually make herself file the paperwork. Her father would sign it in a moment, she knew. Especially if she asked for it. But she didn't have it in her to do it.

"Brian," she said softly. "Stop." She disobeyed him and laid her hand on his arm. She was tired of running, tired of fighting, tired of struggling for life. Her pain about Rob was coming forward full force at the least desireable time. She watched Brian turn and look at her. He looked into her face.

"Hey," he frowned, understanding it all clearly. "Don't you do this. Don't you do this to me, and not now. We'll talk. I promise. You just get that out of your head right now. Go finish buying whatever you want, and then we'll apparate down to Sparks. You can relax a bit down there. Okay?" She looked at him, uncertain. "Come on. He clearly thinks you're here. Apparation will fix that in a hurry." He pressed a bank card into her hand. "Go," he kissed her. "Anything you want."

She walked back towards the counter, her ankles hurting, making her limp quite a blt slower than her usual speed. She could feel his eyes following her as she went back to the counter.

"Sorry," Brian said to Cassidy quietly, checking back out the window. "She's been under a little pressure."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22716
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:41 pm

Cassidy watched Khaat as she walked away, she recognized the limp as she had seen children who hand been beaten limping that way before and she sighed shaking her head.

"yes I can see sir" she said turning back to look out the window again. She put two and two together knowing the man who hurt her was the one who Mr Quinn was looking for. Her back tensed she never like any one being hurt especial that way. Her hand griped the top of her wand as she looked out into alley beyond.

"so how long was she held for " she said with out moving an inch her face straight and serious her eyes focused on the outside world. slowly she lowered her head before turning to face him.

"Forgive me for talking about your girlfriend and the head of St.Mongo's this way, but why hasn't someone found this bastard and made sure he is dead once and for all, so she can move on, ow, I know you'll have men out looking for him, I know your reputation Sir." She said and turned back to look out of the window, then at Khaat as she turned to walk over to see what she was looking at.

"That's beautiful. " she said thinking it would be better to have some one close at her side than a few steps away.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 1311

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:04 am

"Yes," Khaat agreed. "It is." She was handling a handcarved pipe. It reminded her of exactly the sort of thing that Michael would smoke. She began to have a renewed interest in shopping. Gifts. She bought the pipe. She wasn't sure why she wanted to buy gifts, but it was like something she felt like she had to do. She didn't really see anything else for anybody else. Not that was the right thing, anyway.

"You're welcome to come to Sparks with us if you like," Khaat told Cassidy. "I think Brian just wants to divert this guy."

She heard Brian sigh deeply, frustrated. "Brian?" she asked.

"He got away again," Brian sighed. "He's gone. Again. Are you finished here?"

"Yes," Khaat said softly.

"Then, let's go to Sparks. You can sit there and relax over some tea." He looked at Cassidy. "We're just going for tea. You're welcome to come along. Khaat needs to get off her feet a bit. Do you know where Sparks is?" He knew she had asked a couple of questions, but he wanted to move Khaat first before he answered Cassidy's questions.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:04 am

Cassidy looked at the pipes and nodded they were nice "they'd be nice for some older gentle man" she said Talking one and holding it in her hands turning it slowly. She glanced at Khaat as she invited her to join them at sparks. Thinking this would be a good way to cover Khaat she nodded.

"I'd be honored Miss Lupin , Mr Quinn, Tea sounds nice about now." she said and smiled placing the pipe she held back on the display and turned waiting for Khaat to start walking as she would stay at her side. Her mind saying that would be the best place to stay in case this man who attacked attacked again.

"so miss Lupin what tea do you like ? mine is earl gray though chamomile is nice when relaxing" she said trying to calm the situation as they walked her new boots clicking on the ally's cobbled stones.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:23 am

"My father makes a lot of spiced teas," Khaat replied, one hand wrapped firmly around Brian's arm and the other using the cane to walk the somewhat uneven stone street. "I like whatever his brew of the season is. Right now we'vve just gone from a Christmas spice tea to a Pear and Cardamom tea. It has an exotic taste to it and is very delicate but comforting. Its a shift from the traditional Christmas spices."

"Well, and the chef makes incredible scones," Brian smiled.

"The man thinks with his stomach sometimes," Khaat said.

"Generally, yes," Brian agreed with a smile, his eyes scanning everyone and everything. When they reached Sparks, Brian took her to her favorite table. It didn't have much of any sort of a view. It was the one next to the kitchen door, but Brian liked it because it was away from the windows and the front door of the restaurant. He placed an order for tea for three and a plate of scones for them to share. As Khaat got settled into her seat, Brian elevated her feet on the chair across from her. That left the seat beside her and the seat across from that free. He wasn't going to take a seat until after Cassidy did. Then she would take what was left.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:33 am

Cassidy walked with her noting how perfect they seemed together. She smiled and nodded as Khaat teased Mr Quinn about the fact he liked food and thought of her own stomach that now growled softly. Glancing around she though she heard a noise from behind some bins, but a small cat darted out after a mouse. Breathing out she still looked around as they finally reached the cafe . Stepping in she followed her to a table near the kitchen glad not to be near a window or the main doorway she looked around it.

"Nice place , food smells wonderful" she said watching as Khaat took her seat she saw the way Brian lifted her legs and placed them on a separate chair , leaving two chairs free. Choosing one where she could view the cafe yet face Khaat she sat down leaving the one next to Khaat for Mr Quinn. She moved the chair slightly so she could see the cafe and sat back. she liked not having her back to the open cafe but right now she didn't have that option and so glanced back checking out the ally out side every time she heard foot steps of a voice.

"That tea you mentioned, sounds perfect for this time of year, I know your father like Mr Quinn threw reputation and his is above all he most impressive" she said hoping she was not coming across as a person sucking up for a job , well in one way she did need one but she could get it on her on back and not name dropping or flattery. She had not latched her wand since the clothing store and now rested her hand on it as she saw a young woman walking over .
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:44 am

"Relax," Brian said to Cassidy. "Don't fry the cook. She works here." Lizzie reached the table, and gave Khaat a big warm hug.

"Its good to see you out and about again, Khaat," Lizzie said warmly.

"Thanks," Khaat smiled. "I missed your cooking."

"You could have sent for take out anytime. You know that," Lizzie said. "Are you sure all you want is tea and scones?"

"For now, thanks," Khaat said. "How's the new pear tea working out?"

"Very nice. Your father put a chamomile base to it. Its' very comforting. We have an upsurge on it towards the end of the workday and evening."

"Small wonder," Khaat said.

"Khaat, you do need a few pounds again, my friend," Lizzie said. "You sure I can't fix you something? How about that fruit salad you like with the Mimosa dressing?"

"Alright," Khaat said, knowing Lizzie wanted to do something for her.

"Will that be for three?" Lizzie asked, looking at Cassidy and Brian.

"It's on my tab, Lizzie," Brian said. "As usual. Order whatever you like, Cassidy."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:03 am

Cassidy nodded to Mr Quinn as he said to relax and it was just the cook she could not help smirk as she said about the tea being slightly chamomile based having mentioned she liked that tea before.

"Sorry Mr Quinn, I guess old habits die hard" she said moving her hand from her wand. "Never did like being snuck up on. " She sat back in the chair as she watched the cook take every ones orders "yeah tea and scones sounds great , thanks" she said quickly as he looked back out the window at a young couple that walked past. She rolled her eyes at them turning back to Khaat and Brian.

"you feeling better now your off your feet Miss Lupin?" she asked still tensed her self but now not glancing as much to the main window as they sat. She had a feeling Khaat needed this a lot , from what she had heard down the grape vine her ankles had been badly hurt. This made her want to help them even more for if this kind of man could do this to a fully grown woman what manner of things would he do to children and this played on Cassidy's mind as she sat with them.

Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:29 am

"I am," Khaat admitted. Lizzy left and brought tea, scones and three fruit salads with Mimosa dressing. Brian had seen how hard Khaat was working to keep her pain at bay. He brushed his fingertips across her forehead, brushing her hair off her face affectionately, but drawing off her pain at the same time. He could visibly see her relief.

"Barker broke both her ankles," Brian said quietly to Cassidy. "She was gone twice, for quite awhile. The second time she damned near died--between what he did to her and deciding not to feed her. She nearly starved to death."

"That was my doing, Brian," She said softly, staring into her tea. "I didn't trust anything he offered me. I decided if he wasnt' going to let me go or kill me, I'd choose to end it eventually. It was my choice."

He sighed heavily. He kissed her cheek softly. "You're not alone now. He's safe. You don't have to get through the world without us. You don't have to work so hard anymore to survive. Be patient with yourself. It'll come with time."

She was silent. That was just the problem, wasn't it? No one understood why it was so hard for her to forgive Barker and forget. They just didn't get it. She picked up her tea and took a sip in utter silence. She was interrupted by her seer's powers activating. And in her vision she saw herself standing in the moonlight, face to face with Luther Burke and Thomas Gelding.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:58 pm

Cassidy sat listening watching as the Chef moved back to the kitchen . She gave a sigh as she heard what Khaat had been threw. She felt a deeper anger now for this man.

"I think I would have been the same miss Lupin " she said softly, but her eyes watched the window again as a figure in a dark cloak passed by her hand moved to her wand, but it just continued to walk. He shook her head and began to eat her salad.

"This is good." She said some what surprised in herself since she had never tasted this salad before and now tasted even better because of her empty stomach. Finishing she sat back and took a sip of the tea even that was good and she smiled for once feeling fuller than she had in several days.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top