Moving Forward - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Moving Forward - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Moving Forward

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Moving Forward - Page 4 Empty Re: Moving Forward

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:44 pm

"Good work," Brian said. He leaped over Khaat and looked out the doorway to look for himself. He saw nothing. Diagon Alley was a mass of nooks and crannies that even a muggle could get lost in, let alone a wizard. Broad daylight only made it marginally harder. He looked briefly at the blood on the ropes. Well, it was enough to keep Khaat from signifcant harm.

He came back and knelt now beside them. He could see the pain on her face. She had further injured those ankles. "Lizzie, ice, please," he asked quietly. He reached over and caressed her cheek in his hand lovingly. "You okay?" he asked tenderly.

It took her a moment to respond. To feel that she was enough in her body again to respond. A part of herself had simply shut off when the arm grasped her and started to drag her away from all that she loved. For a moment, she wanted to be out of her body again, to leave it all behind where no one could hurt her anymore. The fear that threatened to rise up in her had shut her down and silenced her utterly.

"Khaat," Brian said, sensing where she was emotionally. He brushed a feathery kiss across her cheek, and whispered into her ear. "I'm right here. You're safe. I didn't leave you." The tears started to burn in her eyes instantly as the fear cascaded over her in a tidal wave. He wrapped her close in his arms, and she hid her face in his shoulder. "Did he hurt you?" he asked softly. She didn't know how to answer him. She didn't know if she could.

Once she got herself together, he slowly let go of her. "I'm going to check your ankles. Just a moment," Brian told her. He took off her boots gently, as she winced sharply. He laid the boots aside and felt her ankles. She tried hard not to cry out. "I think they're alright, basically. They're goign to bruise again because you've twisted them. But the bones are still intact. No more heels. Not today." He flicked his wand at her beautiful boots and changed them to more practical flats rather than her gorgeous heels. She barely noticed. He helped her put the changed boots back on, and helped her to her feet. He summoned the stick to his hand, and it snapped into his grasp. He handed the stick to Cassidy and helped her back out to the dining room, doing all but carrying her. Lizzie followed with two swiftly made ice packs. She laid them on the table and hurried off to rewarm the tea. Chamomile tea. That was the ticket. Brian lowered Khaat back in her chair and elevated her feet again and put the ice packs on them. He opened her purse and took out a bottle of pain potion and added a hefty dose to her tea. He moved the mug closer to her. "Try that," he said softly.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22790
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:05 pm

Cassidy nodded as she slid away her wand as she then stepped back letting Mr Quinn work on Khaat she kept an eye on the alley she knew he would not come back but she was not waiting for a second sneak attack. She saw hi change her boots and knew she was hurt again and sighed . She took the stick and held it in her hands as she closed and now locked it to stop any one else coming in behind them.

She didn't speak but sat down watching she didn't approve of the pain potion but she guessed for her it would help knowing what she had been threw both times. She wanted to tell her that he wouldn't be back but only when the man was dead could that be said to her. Sitting back in her seat picking up the now how chamomile tea that sat in Khaat's cup.

" yeah, it should help, my friend swore buy it "she said knowing he'd hid the pain potion in its sweet flavor. She turned to face her then Mr Quinn.

"He is persistent I give him that " she said picking up her own cup and took a drink.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 1311

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:34 pm

"He certainly is. He's chased us for months now--at least seven months now. He's the middle man. We've had to contend with his boss, not to mention Barker. Barker is only the lackey on the bottom of the food chain in this mess. Drink your tea, Khaat," he coached gently.

Khaat picked up her mug and sipped on it. It wasn't at all the potion she wanted, but it would do enough perhaps of what she needed for the moment.

"Well, it would appear you're stepping up to the big leagues sooner than you expected," Brian said to Cassidy. "Not bad at all. If there's a downside to it, its that the game never ends. Khaat really needs a break from this for awhile. I'm hoping to get her away to some secret and remote place for a few days once Barker is behind bars. Someplace where we won't be found. She needs a real rest from all this madness."

Khaat heard Brian's words, and wished that was true. Part of her, though, was tired now in a way that was beyond physical. She wasn't sure that she hadn't been robbed in a way that she would not recover from. She heard the shop door above all the chatter in the bistro for some reason. She didn't know why, but she did hear it. She looked up and saw her father's striking form coming in for his morning cup of tea and his chance to escape to read the Daily Prophet. At that instant, she saw his eyes meet hers, and he'd read something he hadn't liked.

He took broad, strong, confident strides to her, and without a word, he stepped between Brian and her and wrapped her into his arms with an iron grip. Finally, her tears spilled into his black wool coat as she hid there.

"Report," he ordered Brian with a formidible firmness.

"Burke," Brian replied obediently. "He tried to take her. She's alright. Just shaken."

"Tighten up. Get more on this. If he's moving, he's no doubt pissed off about my landing Barker. He's upping the ante. You get as many as it takes to protect her. You understand me?" he said fiercely.

"Yes, Sir," Brian answered. Robert was livid, and that was a rare sight.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:47 pm

Cassidy nodded at Mr Quinn's words she would have spoke again but she got a shiver down her spine telling her not to say another word . Her instincts were right on the money as a man in a black cloak walked right to Khaat and held her. Immediately she stood up and took a step back standing as if at attention hie form almost intimidating her to do so.

She listened to his voice, filled with his hate towards Burke but caring towards Khaat as he told Mr Quinn to tighten up his security. She brushed her hair from her face and hoped he would ether notice her and not chew her out as she knew the man was minister Robert Lupin. Formidable and highly respected in the field she had chosen. Every good person respected him and so did she. She stood dumb struck at being in the same room as him.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:08 pm

"I have a new recruit," Brian said. "This is Cassidy."

"Oh, yes. I've seen you before," Robert said, trying to shut away his rage. "Welcome aboard. I hope you can get up to speed quickly."

"She drew Burke off Khaat a moment ago," Brian said.

"Well done," he told Cassidy. He released his grip on Khaat and picked up her tea mug. He sniffed it. "That won't do, Brian. One moment." He coaxed Khaat to release him for a moment, and he disappeared into the kitchen. He reappeared a moment later and put the tea in her hands. "Take it," he told her softly. "Drink."

She had no doubt, by the smell of her tea, that he had changed what he put in it. She didn't know exactly how, but she did trust him. She did not question it. She took a sip of it, feeling her father's hand resting back on her shoulder as he stood next to her.

"Did he damage her?" Robert asked Brian.

"No. Not really. Just strained her ankles. They're going to bruise again. She twisted them. We elevated them."

Robert went around the table and said, "Excuse me," to Cassidy. He rached down and put his hands on Khaat's ankles and paused, checking them. "They're just strained. That's all. But since they weren't healed in the first place, it's painful. Take her home--soon. Get Jack and Jess on it or Steven. I don't care why you were out. Take her home when she's done with her tea. I want her to rest."

"I will," Brian said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:25 pm

Cassidy nodded to Mr Lupin in respect he watched as Mr Quinn spoke to him about her . She didn't care about how she had fended off Burke but the fact that Khaat was safe. She wanted to smile when Mr Quinn said they had a new recruit but kept quiet only allowing a small smile to pass her lips. she watched Robert Lupin move around Khaat and she could tell he was checking her. When he moved past her she quickly stepped two paces back more in respect to him.

"I'll come with you and help ,I've got nothing better to do , sir" she said looking from Robert Lupin to Mr Quinn and back. She knew if they wanted her she would go , well ether way she would she felt it her place to make sure Burke didn't get to her again and harm Khaat. Her hands still held her cup of tea and she took a drink wondering what would happen next.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:55 pm

"Alright," Robert said. He said nothing, but he had already had his staff check out Cassidy Mitchell since the first time he had run across her in St. Mungos. He had seen her with Steven, and he made it his business to know anyone new who was that close to his daughter right now. Fortunately, the check had turned out well. He wasn't surprised she had resurfaced.

"Then alert someone to take the night shift," Robert said. He extended his arm, opened his hand and used nonverbal magic to summon a chair to him. He sat down and coached Khaat into drinking her tea. He sat with her, soothing her, interested in making sure she knew his great love for her, making sure that he believed it wasn't all over, that there was something left fighting for, no matter how tired she was.

"She's tired, Brian," Robert said gently, "I'm going to send a couple of potions home for her. It will help for now. Follow the directions exactly. If you need more help, send for Kate."

"I will, but I think we'll be fine," Brian said. When Khaat finished her tea, she knew her father had deliberately soothed both her nerves and her pain. She felt more like herself again, but she was ready to go home. She looked at him.

"You're welcome," he smiled, squeezing her hand. "Alright. Time to go, you three. Stay safe. Go apparate out through the kitchen."

"Are you ready to go?" Brian asked Cassidy. He didn't like a new guard for Khaat whom he hadn't tried, but it seemd it had Robert's endorsement. This was very unorthodox for Brian indeed. But it was one of those moments where he had to learn to trust.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:08 pm

Cassidy watched the closeness of the small group then turned to look out side "Guess i should get use to all this now" she thought to her self hearing Robert mention night shift she turned to face him.

"I could do that Sir. " she said not really having anything to return home for she had hoped that a more permanent place for her would turn up eventually but for now the three broomsticks was her home.

"I am use to staying up all night when I'm on surveillance sir" she took another sip from her cup and finished it placing it on the table in front of her before crossing her arms. "but if you'd prefer some one you trust I'd understand" she said and shifted on the spot hoping she had not spoke again out of turn.

Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:29 pm

Robert looked at Brian. "You're the commander, Lad. Its up to you," Robert said.

"I need a word with you first," Brian said. "Cassidy, stay with her." He brushed Khaat's cheek to reassure her that he wasn't going far. He rose and walked clear over to behind the counter where he and Robert could talk and not be overheard.

"Robert..." Brian began.

"I know what you're going to say," Robert stopped him. "You're concerned about Khaat. I know. I saw it. I gave her a very little bit of a mind numbing potion along with her pain potion."

"She's coming apart."

"She's trying not to. Burke frightened her, that's all. She was, no doubt, reminded of her time with Barker and it terrified her that she might have to endure that again. Its very normal for someone who's been through what she has. She needs time. She'll come around, but we do have to insulate her from more trauma. Contact Jess. Jess is always good for her. Jess forces her to lighten up and to laugh. Kate and I will come tonight and take the night shift. She may rest with her parents in the house. It might reassure her. And besides, then I can keep an eye on her medically. Oh, and don't leave Chase out. Khaat will always respond to mothering someone. Always. Chase will be a help there."

"Well, the babies will help there too."

"Agreed--if you keep her focus positive and not on giving up for the sake of sparing her children. And don't let her go there. She is being used as a pawn to get to me. Don't ever forget that. Take good care of her, Brian. Nothing means more to me than she does. Nothing.":

"Or to me. Believe that," he told Robert, touching his shoulder. He walked back over to Khaat and Cassidy. "Ladies, shall we go home, then?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:42 pm

Cassidy nodded and pulled a chair to sit facing Khaat. She moved her hand to lightly touch Khaat's. She could do little but she felt buy being close made it possible for her to protect her more. She glanced around the cafe and in to the now darkening alley threw the window. When she saw both returning she stood up moving her hand from Khaat's.

"Erm... I don't mean to speak out of turn, Sir, but I am guessing you want me to do a patrol when we arrive , I always like to scope out an new area , makes me feel safer knowing all the difficult areas." She said as she moved back as she took her chair with her making room for miss Lupin and Mr Quinn who she would not call anything else till she was told to.

She placed her chair back and waited for them to move she looked back making sure nothing could bang or hurt her further.Seeing a small bag on the floor she walked over and moved it with her foot under the table further , along with a chair that some one had left sticking out.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top