Letters to the family
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Letters to the family Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Letters to the family

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Letters to the family Empty Letters to the family

Post by Saige Mars Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:41 am

With big families its hard to remember so many names and ages and birthdays. Especially with 7 siblings and 1 niece. It was hard to do so much and not write back to your family.

On a day as cold and snowy as it was, You would expect someone to want to stay in their dorms all day instead of going to the coldness of the owlery yet, Saige just had to get a letter to his Twin brother. Ever since Jack dropped out of school because he had no magical ability whatsoever, It was hard for Saige to keep track of where he was. He was always trying to make sure that Their parents didnt find Jack cause if they did Jack would be sent to Canada to goto military school for the rest of his highschool life. so today Saige was going to send his brother a letter. But he needed to be somewhere where others werent.
Saige Mars
Saige Mars
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 353

Back to top Go down

Letters to the family Empty Re: Letters to the family

Post by Yvette Belcourt Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:53 am

Yvette walked towards Owlery not really knowing what it was because she had no Owl at all, but she was interested in this sort of transportation. It was very confusing to her that Owls had such intelligence and the letter transportation at Beauxbatons was quite the same because they used Doves, but Doves have been used for many years. One Owl made a noise while she entered making Yvette jump from such shriek."Damn birds," she whispered and walked towards the middle. She looked up amazed at this sight."Wow," she expressed her amazement, even though "Wow" didn't gives this place justice."How does it work?" she asked herself with a whisper.

(If I suck please tell me.)
Yvette Belcourt
Yvette Belcourt

Number of posts : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Saige Mars Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:56 am

(u do pretty good)

Saige noticed a girl there and smiled slightly. He didntknow what to do. He could talk to her and introduce himself or he could ignore her and write his letter. He decided he would talk to her and said, "Hey my name is Saige.. People call me Troy and Mars also." He said as he walked up to the girl. "Whats your name?" His pale skin looked almost white in the lighting of the room. About as white as the wolf cub that was in the corner of the room playing around. "Oh and thats snowball." He said to her about his little pet.
Saige Mars
Saige Mars
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvette Belcourt Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:14 am

Yvette turned and placed a loose strand of hair to the side."Hello Saige, Troy, Mars," She responded not really knowing who this person was, but being friendly shows good character and if she was to one day be a professor teaching value of character to students she'd have to set an example."I'm Yvette, Yvette Belcourt," she introduced herself and turned to Snowball."Bonjour Snowball je m'appelle Yvette Belcourt," she introduced herself to the bird not really knowing if it would reacted and with her accent being some how strong of a French accent and the fact it was bird."So, what are you doing, mailing a letter?" Yvette asked, but that answer was obvious.
Yvette Belcourt
Yvette Belcourt

Back to top Go down

Post by Saige Mars Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:20 am

(lol snowball isnt a bird.. snowball is a wolf)

"Well nice to meet you Yvette." He said smiling slightly as he knealed down to pet his little pups head. The girl spoke french! That was pretty cool. He could tell by the accent that she had when she spoke that she spoke french. "And you can call me which of the three you wish.. They are all my name.. My full name is Saige Troy Mars so i dont mind which im called.My mum called my troy and my sister called me saigey which was wierd but." Then he stopped speaking as she asked him what He was doing "Oh well i think i might send a letter to my twin brother.. He dropped out a couple months ago." Troy explained as he stood back up
Saige Mars
Saige Mars
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvette Belcourt Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:30 am

( Sorry I went through it too fast I was completely off.)

Yvette was some what surprised that anyone could drop out, but it happens in the muggle world alot yet not know much for future obstacles."How come?" she questioned and thought a moment for possibilities and later solutions to keep a kid in school, it was a good idea to do so if she ever got a teaching position to be prepared. Prepared and well thought out was a kind of rule Yvette went by, she wanted to be the "cool" kind of teacher, but also one with boundaries that hopefully students would respect and if not her temper would scare them right out of their pants.
Yvette Belcourt
Yvette Belcourt

Back to top Go down

Post by Saige Mars Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:37 am

"Well.. He is a squib just like our older 3 siblings.. Im actually the only one of our siblings that has magical abilities so far. We wont know if any of the younger 4 will until they are around 10 years of age.. My sister should be getting her powers soon if she is going to be a wizard like me." Saige tried to explain. "Im trying to do good in school so i can get a good career in basketball or maybe something else." He really did like to play basketball.
Saige Mars
Saige Mars
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvette Belcourt Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:46 am

Yvette giggled and flipped her hair to the side, but it was more like a twitch."How can Hogwarts help with basketball?" she asked really wanting to know if a wizard degree could count for something out of it ."I'm not trying to make it as if you can't do it I just really want to know and good for you for having game plan," Yvette said awaiting an answer to her question. Yvette really didn't mean to crush a dream or bring down the hopes of some aspiring to be anything, it wouldn't be right to take a dream away giving the person nothing in life, only a heartless being would allow themselves to accept that action.
Yvette Belcourt
Yvette Belcourt

Back to top Go down

Post by Saige Mars Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:28 pm

"Well now hogwarts really cant help much.. But someone in my family has to learn how to use magic if the rest of my family so far are squibs." Saige was trying to think of a way to change the subject. He didnt like calling his family squibs or even talking about them being powerless. "Hey you wanna pet snowball?" He asked smiling. "She wont bite.. she is only about 3 or 4 months old." Snowball was lying on the floor looking at them not knowing that He was talking about her.
Saige Mars
Saige Mars
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvette Belcourt Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:37 pm

(Gotta be sure, Snowball's a dog right?)

Yvette looked at Snowball not really knowing if it was actually harmless, most animals change in mood when a stranger approaches. She knelt down trying to reach a distance that wouldn't be too close, but not too distance. Yvette hesitantly brushed the fur of the animal and it didn't make a rude gesture, it just laid there sort of peaceful, but again dogs can change mood without warning. Yvette smiled."It's actually nice," Yvette complemented the creature."Its a female, am I correct?" she asked hoping not seem like a dumb blonde, but she didn't want to check under the dog, Yvette felt animals should have privacy as well.
Yvette Belcourt
Yvette Belcourt

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top