A bit of sad news
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A bit of sad news Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A bit of sad news

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A bit of sad news Empty A bit of sad news

Post by Jess Potter Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:16 am

Hey guys,
this afternoon i found out that last night my aunty, who wasn't my aunty, but a really, really close family friend, passed away. For the next few days i'm gonna be attending to funeral matters and whatnot, so i wont be able to get on, sorry if i've inconvenienced anyone.
Also, i'm feeling pretty shit, because the last time i had an opportunity to see her i chose not to, even though i knew she wasn't well, and now i feel like a complete ass, but i did get to have last christmas with her, which was really good, but liek i said, i'm feeling really sad over this, so if you could throw some kind words my way, i'd really appreciate it.
And i feel like complete ass/hypocrit/selfish bastard for asking that, but like i said, it's left me feeling really sad.

Anyway, wont be on much over the next few days, so sorry to anyone i'm in topics with.

Jess

((And sorry for being so selfish by laying my problems down for all of you, i know that's not the right tihng to do, but yeah
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

A bit of sad news Empty Re: A bit of sad news

Post by Sally Ruby Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:20 pm

Oh my gosh 0.0 im sooooooooo sorry Jess, the same thing happened to me when my grandmother died, i was suppose to go to her house but i decided to go to a church thing instead and when i got home i found out she had died i feel horrible about it but im going to pray for you jess that you get through this we will all miss you pal come back when your ready ok?
Sally Ruby
Sally Ruby

Number of posts : 406

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:04 am

Ah Jess, don't feel to bad about it all. Just think, would your aunt/friend want you to feel that bad? But hope things go alright. My best wishes!

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:45 am

Oh my gosh Jess, I'm so sorry! I will keep you and your family in my prayers and I wish you the best of luck!
Love,
Soph
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Stan Kumar-Greyback Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:52 am

I'm so sorry to hear that. Really.

But just think of it this way, she'll be watching over you now/reincarnated to a higher life form/etc. Whatever you wish to believe. If you believe something, it makes it true in your reality. Unless it's stated fact. However, the afterlife is up to our interpretation.

In short, I hope you're okay, and I'm sure that your friend/auntie is in a better place now.
Stan Kumar-Greyback
Stan Kumar-Greyback

Number of posts : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Lyons Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:37 am

Hey Jess. I know you're feeling pretty bad right now, but let me speak from personal experience and say this: it gets better. Don't let the guilt you are feeling overwhelm the love you had for your auntie. What you should be feeling now is an appreciation for what a wonderful part of your life she was, and how grateful you are that you shared the time you did. If you are feeling guilty, you won't experience those wonderful feelings to their full extent, and that would be a shame.

If you need anything, I'm here for you. You were more than patient with me a few months ago when my personal life took a hit, and I would be more than happy to return the favor. My thoughts are with you.
Amelia Lyons
Amelia Lyons
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 1645
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:54 am

I am so sorry to hear that Jess. You have my condolences. (is that how it's spelt?) Anyway, remember, their body may be dead but their soul hasn't died. Your aunt/friend will be watching you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel M. Valentine Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:18 am

Hey, mate. That sucks, i'm so sorry to hear about your aunty. I know your must be feeling really bad at the moment but it'll be okay, i just want to let you know i'm here for you mate.
Daniel M. Valentine
Daniel M. Valentine

Number of posts : 135

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:44 pm

Hey everyone, thanks for all the well wishes! Reading them made me know that there are a lot of nice people in the world.
Got back from her funeral last night, it was a lovely service, and the church was packed, it was a testimony to how good a person she was, that so many people gathered to celebrate her life.

And also, i'm SOOOOOO sorry for posting this here, it really really wasn't my place to force my worries on you, and as some of you may know, often i discourage this sort of thing, but when i posted this i'd just had a really bad few hours with the news, thinking about it too much, i s'pose.

Anyway, i agree that it's just another adventure for her, i'm not the most religious fellow here, but i'm sure that she's way up there, bossing people around, and keeping an eye or two out on everything down here.

So, thanks so much for all the well wishes, just reading them made me tear up again (But in a happy way) out of pride for the site, you guys're all A+++++++++++++++++ and thanks so much again!
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:03 pm

After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.
Albus Dumbledore.

I think she's in a better place, Jess. I'm not religious by any stretch of the imagination -- half the time I find it all illogical but I won't go into that. I do however believe that no one just disappears. In the physical sense perhaps they do but people are preserved in the memory of others. Don't remember the bad times, the regrets and the mistakes. Focus on what's really important: how much you loved her and how much she loved you. Because that way she never really leaves -- she's always there with you.

I'm thinking of you y'know. I can't say I know how you must feel. I can only imagine. But you've got to keep your chin up and smile. Think of the good times and preserve her in your memory as this wonderful part of your life she was. Because I don't doubt for a second that that is what she was -- no more and certainly no less.
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top