Reading is FUN-damental
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Reading is FUN-damental Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Reading is FUN-damental

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reading is FUN-damental Empty Reading is FUN-damental

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:12 am

The Black Raven Bookshop. One of Brienne's favorite hangouts, not like the typical teenager. She also enjoyed other book-filled places but this was by and far the best.

She sauntered to the "Muggle Reads" section. Oh how she loved Muggle books, especially works of fiction. She picked up a book off the shelf, a Science Fiction book called "Life Sciences". She knew it was fiction by the picture of the cover and the fact that it was in the Muggle Fiction section. Near by, there was a garbage bin where people threw some books away. Brienne recognized these books, which she deemed trash anyway. She didn't feel the need to fish them out.

When she would be done in the Muggle Fiction section, she'd go to the Wizard section to find some new books she wanted to buy. The Steinheims had given her a load of money to go shopping, since she was Stanley's friend she was considered a daughter to them. Stanley was dead now, but they still treated her as their own. She sat down with the book she picked up from the shelf and began reading it on a bench.
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Number of posts : 573

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Reading is FUN-damental Empty Re: Reading is FUN-damental

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:55 am

Huh? That was Brienne's only thought before someone she'd seen only once before had grabbed a book from above her head.

"Oh, sorry". She moved out of the way. She saw the cover of the book in the boy's hand, but couldn't see the title. Though, she did see the book before.

"Who might you be? I've only ever saw you once before, and that was in the Ravenclaw common room" Brienne said, marking the page of her book with her thumb by instinct. "You know what? I'm not one for the coffee they serve here. After all, this is a book store, not a coffee place. I wonder why they even put a cafe in here anyway, the coffee sucks in them anyway. I had a cup for the sake of quenching my thirst, but it tasted of water", this was Brienne's attempt at starting conversation. She kinda liked this guy.
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Back to top Go down

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:09 am

(Cake? Where'd he get that from.)

"What? Cake?" Brienne was confused, "Where'd you get cake from? I said coffee".

Meanwhile, at another part of her brain, more memories flooded back of this guy. They'd been stored away and hard to access. Long blondish hair, blue eyes and pale skin. She hadn't met him only once, but she was a bit withdrawn and didn't see him much despite sharing the same house for a few years.

"Marlowe? Never mind, I know you. Yeah, sorry about that" She rubbed the back of her head in embarrassment and went tomato red. Her brain often failed her in social situations, even though it never failed elsewhere. There were tons of people in her life.

"So, uhh...what brought you here anyway? Normally people wouldn't be here when they've already bought their supplies for the year". Her wolf tail went in between her legs, and her ears dropped a little.
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Back to top Go down

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:46 am

"I can help you find it, It's right over in the wizard section, at the very end of the 'School Book' section, almost where 'Wizard Fiction' starts", Brienne strode over, her tail perked and wagged, then slid a copy of the book from the shelf. She felt helpful today. She took it over to Marlowe.

"So, looking forward to another year at Hogwarts?" She smoothed out her black shirt so that more of the red splatter patterns would show up on it better. She felt slightly infatuated with this guy, but something was holding her back from saying anything. Oh yeah! She only just started really talking to him. It'd take time.
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Back to top Go down

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:07 am

"No, actually Defense Against it. However, I'm not bothered that you're buying that book, I mean people use bad stuff for good things sometimes and who am I to tell people what others can and cannot read? I'm not one to censor and I respect the opinions of others" Brienne said, her shirt was really bothering her since it kept riding up. She smoothed it out once more, but then sighed in frustration.

"You're into Dark Arts? Well, I should've suspected".
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top