The Rescue of Daniel Cethin - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Rescue of Daniel Cethin - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Rescue of Daniel Cethin

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Rescue of Daniel Cethin - Page 3 Empty Re: The Rescue of Daniel Cethin

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:10 pm

Brienne saw Miseria behind the car, "Get in! This is the fastest way to travel right now!"

She, too, wondered why there was such an odd balance in houses. Three Ravenclaws, a Gryffindor and a Hufflepuff. Weird, she thought. There was supposed to be another Hufflepuff coming, but he didn't show either. She couldn't remember his name at the moment, though.

"Alright guys, here's the plan. If anyone has any additions to it, feel free to say something. We know that Daniel is deep into the forest with two beasts. No one knows why yet, not even me. However, that isn't really important at the moment. All that matters is getting Daniel away from them. So here it is; Miseria, you can help deter beasts from the car with different hexes and spells, Rose, you and Jack distract the monsters that kidnapped Daniel, and the guy I hardly know and I can take out the monsters. Miseria, if you see any strange beasts around the vicinity of where the monsters keep Daniel, I want you to scare them away."
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Number of posts : 573

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:50 pm

((I'll just assume that James is by now caught up on the situation... saves on exposition posts...))

James stood silently as he listened to Brienne's explanation and her plan. It did not seem carefully thought out, but regardless, he could tell that she really cared for the success of the operation. Her priority, however, could lead to certain disaster for the entire group. As he considered alternative paths to the plan, he looked about the crew. He recognized Miseria almost instantly and saw a prankster from school. He knew she would awkward working beside him, but James did not care. For now, it was good that at least the group had a variation of skill. "Just a few things- I understand that you are quite keen on extracting Daniel, but would it not be in the best interest of everyone to just take a moment to observe the creatures and how they treat Daniel? Since we know little to nothing about them, charging headlong does not seem appropriate. It would seem more prudent to ascertain the number of monsters. If there is an entire brood, for instance, I'm almost certain that the Ministry will notice our fragrant wand usage. I'm suggesting that we use as little magic as possible as well... we are not sure what manner of beast this is, and as such, we do not know how they will react to magical stimuli," James said, though the positioning of his hand by chin still suggested that he was still deep in thought.

Dude... English...
James Wake
James Wake

Number of posts : 1329
Special Abilities : Can understand Werewolves

Back to top Go down

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:03 pm

"Well, I got a glimpse of them when they took Daniel, they appeared ape-like. Like Bigfoot. There was only two of them that I saw. I also noticed a shortage of only the edible berries in the area, so they must have some intelligence to know which berries are poison and which aren't. Maybe, before we attack, we can try reasoning with them. If things turn sour, though, then we must attack. With or without magic, these monsters will have to go if they are hostile. Anyway, I just hope Daniel's okay" Brienne explained. She really just wanted Daniel back, not really caring if the monsters could be reasoned with or not. One could really see the panic in her nearly completely teary eyes.
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:33 pm

Miseria sighed quietly. Although, James was smart, and his lectures, and all other words what he said, were interesting, it was just a waste of time. Yes, all of them knew that if they use some bigger spells, the ministry will catch up on them. Also, right now were the dangerous times, and they could just say that they were using the spells to protect themselves, which will be sooner or later the truth.

“I have one other question,“ she said when both of them finished. Atleast, having someone skilled enough on their side, this mission might be even easier. “Why did they took him on the first place?“ she asked, raising her eyebrows. And ape like beasts... What the hell? She had never heard about such things before. If kind of confused her, though, she didn't show it out. She, however, didn't have the brilliant brain.
She got in the car, impressed by this technology, what muggles were using. Such usefull things, though, most of them ruined the envierment.
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:47 pm

"Who knows? The berries they also stripped from the area might have something to do with it, but I'm not so sure. We just have to see, won't we?" Brienne said, "They could be fattening him up to eat him as we speak."

That was a possibility, that he had been taken to be fattened up and eaten. If that were the case, though, they'd have to force feed him for a few days for that to happen, since he was really skinny and had a great metabolism. Brienne knew this, and was kinda jealous that he did have that kind of stomach.

----

Daniel struggled against one of his captors, who'd held him down and started cramming lots of berries down his throat. These weren't ordinary berries though, they were very saccharine, thus hard to attempt to swallow. He managed to swallow some of the berries for strength.

Why didn't they just eat the berries? He thought, then he got his answer when his taste buds finally registered how sickeningly sweet the berries were. Or maybe they were obligate carnivores. Who knows.
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:48 am

James highly doubted that the boy was being... fattened up. But he could understand the urgency Brienne was displaying. James would have sighed, but he did not want to make a sticky situation even worse. "Seeing as we have a vehicle, and the entire team assembled, why don't we approach these... beasts now?" he suggested, gesturing to the truck. The more he could see of the monsters, the faster he could come to conclusions... if conclusions could be reached. James never dived headlong into any event without a clear mind, and well-honed senses. It felt quite satisfying to use his ability for something less trivial than school work.
James Wake
James Wake

Number of posts : 1329
Special Abilities : Can understand Werewolves

Back to top Go down

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:58 am

Brienne agreed, "Well, let's all hop in to the vehicle, and get there. I know where they are with the GPS because I managed to shoot one with a tag-gun when I realized they were too quick to kill right there on the spot." A fox scurried across the road as well as her cubs, so lucky for them Brienne wasn't ready to move yet. Each fox seemed to sense her urgency and look back with sorrow and empathy. She dismissed this as her overactive imagination.
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top