The Rescue of Daniel Cethin - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Rescue of Daniel Cethin - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Rescue of Daniel Cethin

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Rescue of Daniel Cethin - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rescue of Daniel Cethin

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:44 am

"Pranksters, eh? Maybe you two can come in handy. You can use your knowledge to distract and/or trap the beasts. That way I can get them with magic or the gun if I have to. I don't really want to use the gun though, too noisy and heavy" Brienne said. "I wonder how much time we have before something happens. I just hope that we get the others here soon. We'll need them for our plan. Especially since we need at least one more to fight in case we get surrounded by monsters. Heavy grain bullets and simple charms alone won't deter them."
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Number of posts : 573

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:37 am

Miseria also took the ear piece, and put it on, sighing quietly. She didn't understand muggle technology that far, but it was good idea to keep contact when they are sepparated.
Besides, she was actually used to work alone, so that it wouldn't bother her at all, was she in some deep woods, or not. She was used to it.
When she heard what Rose said, Miseria grinned. “And I am talentless. I can do nothing special, only few curses, hexes, and I am usually thinking out the theories. Boring, and kind of useless, though,“ she shrugged. She wasn't going to make herself look good with the words. Better with the things what she can do.
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:45 am

"Curses and hexes can be used to freeze the enemies or something. Or at least to scare them so we don't have to kill more than the monsters. I hate having to kill a lot of things all at once just to reach one goal. It just seems, I don't know..uhh, pointless! That's the word. Pointless." She wanted to prove herself to be as good as everyone else was, of course, but killing a whole bunch when only two suffice was still overdoing it.

"See you aren't useless, Miseria!" She said in an attempt to make her feel better.
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:07 pm

[Should we keep this thread active, too? If so, i'll reply]

Miseria hated killing, too, but for self protection, she didn't actually mind this. She looked with an emotionless face at Brianne, sighing then quietly. Her ego didn't let no one leave her any good comments. Usually only critics so that she could just try to make herself a littlebit... better. But with some Ravenclaws, and gryffindors around, it was kind of impossible. They were the ones who were reaching to perfection. Like their courage, epic decisions, steps, smartness, and so on and on.
What she had, was only her loyality. Probably a little courage, too, but that was all.

She didn't reply in anyways, but just looked into the forest, trying to see something trough the trees. “So... the only one who's missing is Elijah Krum, right?“ she asked. What made her feel better right now was trying to imagine him dueling. What a comedy would it become.
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:22 pm

(I don't think anyone else is coming to the thread, might as well start it.)

Brienne's watch beeped. "He's too late. If he does come later, I will have left a trail of some colored, un-thinnable smoke. He or anyone else can follow that."

"Ready guys? Three...two....one!"

The Jeep pulled onto the trail and started moving down the path. She knew of a less-traveled path that lead to the center. It was a natural formation, because no one would dare to make a path that lead that way. The Jeep screeched to a halt when a family of ducks were going across the trail. Brienne tapped her fingers impatiently, then started going again once the ducks were across. "Damn ducks. Crossing the road too much".
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Joshua Cethin Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:18 am

Daniel felt what he thought was his impending doom drawing closer, he was being forcibly fed by the monsters. His only saving grace was the fact that he was able to burn off all these calories quickly enough that he didn't have to exercise as much to save himself. He figured if he bought enough time that Brienne or someone else would come to save him. If not, he'd have to figure out how to get out himself, which would be a nigh-impossible task. These monsters were able to catch him the first time, he was sure that the second time they'd take no prisoners.
Daniel Joshua Cethin
Daniel Joshua Cethin

Number of posts : 413

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:43 pm

((Hey, I'm here! I just couldn't figure out how to enter...))

James Wake enjoyed a good day in the woods. It was not often when "Uncle" Alan would kick him out of the car with a backpack of provisions and tell him to enjoy his day off. Indeed that was exactly what the day felt like. Living with a machine was not a fun way to grow up, but the benefits of his training had enduring over the last nine years. But James was not interested in just wasting his days away. Alan always dumped him in strange places, but usually Alan would hunt him down. And Alan never let James really breath. It was a harsh life the boy had led.

But now, he could relax. It was actually the first time he had relaxed in nearly a year. Following the death of Headmaster Shacklebolt, it had been a long road to avenge the former Headmaster. From acting like a stalwart, noble guard of the rules and Majere, to actually taking over as Quidditch Captain, James had never school to be so... tedious.
James sighed as he closed his eyes and opened his mind. He let his senses expand beyond their usual limit, and took a deep breath in, and exhaled softly. Then he heard the sound of a truck. The Forest of Dean was a rather magical place. History had pointed to multiple instances of wizards and witches visiting the forest during the years. But not even wizards would be stupid enough to DRIVE into a forest... right? James got up and decided to take a look.

It took him a while, but he came across the stalled truck, with some ducks passing by. James warily stepped aside as the mother duck approached- he'd seen ducks attack before, and they were certainly on James' top ten list of most dangerous mothers. The ducklings shuffled along as he got closer to the truck, and he recognized the group as Hogwarts students. "Hello!" he called to the truck, hoping someone heard him.
James Wake
James Wake

Number of posts : 1329
Special Abilities : Can understand Werewolves

Back to top Go down

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:51 pm

(Don't worry, I'm not mad at anything.)

Brienne heard something...no SOMEONE. She turned her head to the source of the voice, it was a boy. A Ravenclaw like herself that she had seen in school a couple times. There was something else about the boy she sensed faintly. She dismissed this as uneasiness about the mission and called out to the boy, maybe he could help out with the mission. She already had three people, a fourth didn't even show up, so he could probably be a great substitute for the fourth person. Her wolf ears twitched as it picked up some distant sounds from the depths of the forest, sounds she didn't much like.
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:42 pm

Jack raised her eyebrows as someone found them on their path through the forest. This must have been one the people who had not shown earlier. She stood higher up from the back, pushing herself up using the roll cage bars. Her eyes narrowed slightly as she recognized the figure.

It was the boy who had found Keith and Jack in the empty classroom, brewing up less-than-innocent potions. The kid had flipped out, and Keith and Jack had been reduced to using magic to escape. Jack crossed her arms and almost said a snide remark, but she remembered that Keith's fate also depended on the complacency of this kid. If Jack pissed him off, they would both have hell to pay.

Jack still wondered if he would recognize her. She bent down to tie her shoe quickly and then stood back up, lowing a strand of hair out of her face.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:48 pm

Miseria sighed. Another epic way to go and save someone. She was more in this theoretical plan thing, but then again, she already had told them that the best thing right now would just be a good plan.
When Brianne entered the woods with her car, Miseria's eyes widened. What on earth was she doing now? With that, they'd probably get attacked! Sighing again, she followed the car, twirling her wand with her fingers, and looking around. The Forest of Dean was already a familiar place to her.

She even wondered about the creatures who kidnapped Daniel. Why would they do such a thing? She ran her fingers trough her hairs, trying to imagine how would they look. She didn't dare to ask Brianne the kidnapping reason. It wasn't actually even her business. She was only here to help, though, she didn't even know who.

When she heard someone calling out at them, she raised her eyebrows, and looked at the Ravenclaw, James Wake. “Oh... So Elijah Krum isn't coming?“ she asked about the replacement. Why didn't she invite someone from the Hufflepuff, though, she didn't have anything against the smarter ones.
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top