Is It True? - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Is It True? - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Is It True?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is It True? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is It True?

Post by Elizabeth Krum Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:06 pm

Cedric Diggory wasn't the only important Hufflepuff from the books. Tonks was from the house of Hufflepuff and was important too.

Take a look at the parts of the sorting hat song.

Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil

sweet Hufflepuff, from valley broad

For Hufflepuff, hard workers were
Most worthy of admission

Said Hufflepuff, "I'll teach the lot
And treat them just the same."
These differences caused little strife
When first they came to light.

Good Hufflepuff, she took the rest
and taught them all she knew

^ That all means something for meaning someone who is in Hufflepuff and they wouldn't feel like an outsider, they are just the same as all students in other houses.

Elizabeth Krum
Elizabeth Krum
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4133

http://thetwistintime.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoë Mochrie Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:22 pm

Idk, I love Hufflepuff. Its nice to be in the 'odd' house. Very Happy
Zoë Mochrie
Zoë Mochrie

Number of posts : 61

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:46 pm

It's just a nice way of saying "You guys take all the good ones, and i'll take whatever's left" Razz
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Majere Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:23 pm

Hufflepuff's are loyal, carefree, open-minded and kind, and they are usually the pacifists as well. They are basically very likable people.

That is NOT to say though, that Hufflepuffs are stupid. The only reason people think that is because of Hagrid's comment in the first book. Look at Tonks and Diggory though. Diggory was chosen for the Quadwizard tourny, which means he's probably one of the best students at Hogwarts. Whereas Tonks was a very capable witch.

Also, people who go into Hufflepuff usually go there because they do not fit in to the other houses. Its generally assumed that that means they are not cunning, intelligent or brave, though it could also be assumed they have a perfect mixture of each. Like Cedric.

Personally, if I went to Hogwarts in real life, I'd probably like to be in Hufflepuff. After all, Gryffs are corny, Ravenclaw's are nerds and Slythies are well.. a little messed up.
Vincent Majere
Vincent Majere

Number of posts : 836

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:47 pm

I have nothing against Hufflepufflians.
Though, i have only two of the charachteristics of this house (loyal, and sometimes even carefree. Mostly people describe me as a cold person, and even doupt that I am able to feel other emotions like love, happiness of life, etc. They just don't know me), and I guess that if I'd go to Hogwarts IRL, I'd also be in hufflepuff (though, i do have big chances to be a slytherin), i don't hate the house.

And I don't even care if people don't like this one ^^ Right now, I am proud hufflepufflian (atleast here Very Happy)
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth Krum Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:37 pm

That good to hear we have a proud Hufflepuff here.
Elizabeth Krum
Elizabeth Krum
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4133

http://thetwistintime.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Potter Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:37 pm

Hufflepuffs Describe Helga Hufflepuff The founding member of huffle puff.
Nick Potter
Nick Potter
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 2915

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:10 pm

I think Hufflepuff's were/are a mix of all of the houses, they're there because they don't really fit. They're not quite as cunning as most Slytherin's neither are they as stupidly brave and hard-headed like the Gryffindor's. They aren't as intelligent and witty as Ravenclaw's either, they've got all of their traits. I think that because they don't have one defining trait like many of the other houses they're a much more realistic bunch of people. No one is really defined by one trait and I don't think the Hufflepuff's are either. I like Puffers a lot although I've never really played one for a prolonged amount of time. Maybe the next character I add to my brood will be a Puffer. Razz
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Clementine Lovegood Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:20 pm

I know for sure that I would be a Puller if I went to Hogwarts. This makes Hufflepuff the house that I support most throught the books. I love them to death XD
Clementine Lovegood

Number of posts : 2053

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top