Moving in... Kinda
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Moving in... Kinda Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Moving in... Kinda

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Moving in... Kinda Empty Moving in... Kinda

Post by Elijah Krum Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:42 pm

There was a whoosh and Elijah Krum stepped out of the Fireplace inside the Three Broomsticks, Hogsmeade. He turned around and crouched down to look inside the hearth a little girl was stood, cowering in the corner. She obviously hadn’t used the Floo before and it had come as a shock. He held his hands out and the little girl ran out into his arms. Eli caught her expertly as if he’d done it a million times. He lifted her up and put her on his shoulders. She was now stupidly high as Eli had topped six foot in the last year. He didn’t know quite why he was so tall but it didn’t bother him in the slightest as Fauve seemed to enjoy the height. They had walked through Paris the night prior and she’d been on his shoulders the entire time, looking at new things that she hadn’t seem from her height in the past.

Eli left the Three Broomsticks and walked out into the early morning air. He’d picked up some toasties on the way through and Fauve was happily munching away on hers and no doubt his. Eli chuckled and continued to walk through Hogsmeade in search for Khaat and Rob’s home. He wasn’t entirely sure where it was but he’d find it in time. Eli felt Fauve start to move and the girl’s face appeared in front of his within a few seconds. She grinned toothily at him and her dark hair dangled upside down. She held out his toasty and Eli took a bite. It was good he had to admit. Eli pulled Fauve off of his shoulders and she squealed. He smiled and set her down on her feet. The child was getting more and more curious every day.

“Regarde, papa!” she said in her usual high soprano. Eli followed Fauve’s line of sight and spotted a cottage behind Honeydukes. Elijah had a feeling that Fauve was only interested in the candy but he was interested in the house behind it. Eli scooped his daughter up once more and stuck her back on his shoulders. Nachash crawled out of the skin on his arm and curled herself around Fauve, squeezing her gently in a hug. She giggled and patted the snake. Nachash curled around Fauve’s waist and her head rested on top of Eli’s. He knew they all looked quite strange but he didn’t care – it was his family.

Eli stopped outside of the cottage and plucked Fauve off of his shoulders. He plopped her down onto her feet once more and Nachash slithered across the front lawn and in through the open downstairs window, no doubt to announce their arrival. Eli was shocked by how large his snake actually was and if she was able to stand he knew she would have probably matched him for height. Fauve looked up at him, her bright sapphire eyes sparkling in delight.

“What do you want?” Eli laughed, mussing up her dark hair.
“Papa, why are we here?” she questioned, looking at the house in interest. “You don’t have a home.”
“That’s real nice, Fauve.” Eli remarked sarcastically. “Of course I have a home.”
“But you can’t take me there.” She pointed out, looking at him critically.
“Well no.” Eli shrugged. “One day though.”
“You’ve said that before, papa.” Fauve laughed.
“Yeah I know. Gonna disown me?” he teased.
“Nope!” she grinned happily. “You buy me the best ice cream, why would I get rid of you?”

Eli laughed and shook his head. He knew she would be a barrel of fun and he wondered how Khaat would take it. Fauve was a little madam sometimes but she had a heart of gold and knew exactly what she wanted. She knew that sometimes it would take a while for her to get it but she didn’t care too much. Usually all she wanted was one of Elijah’s paintings and that was something he didn’t mind doing in the slightest because he loved to paint with her sitting with him. She was too nosy for her own good and needed to know exactly what she was getting in the way of paintings.
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Moving in... Kinda Empty Re: Moving in... Kinda

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:51 pm

Khaat answered the door, and was delighted to see Eli and his daughter. She had seen Nachash slither inside and was amused. "Come in," Khaat said. "Rob and I added a couple more rooms. They're right across the hall from each other upstairs. I know it looks like nothing but two rooms of doors upstairs, but the rooms really are quite big and nice, actually. Come in and make yourselves at home. And do introduce me to your daughter, please."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22678
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:19 pm

The two of them stepped inside and Fauve looked around in wonder. Elijah did feel slightly guilty that he had never really shown her a real home but this would be as good as it would get and he was sure that she was excited to start decorating her room. No doubt she’d want him to paint it and set everything up but he’d let her decide. Fauve looked up at Khaat and Eli watched as Nachash slithered around, looking at the Muggle cats in curiosity. He just hoped she would eat one.
“Hello!” Fauve said happily, causing Eli to smile a little at his daughter’s enthusiasm for nearly everything. “I’m Fauve! My papa didn’t tell me we were living here. He picked me up from Beauxbatons, you know! He was so...auth-auth...” she trailed off and glanced up at Eli.
“Authoritive?” Eli filled in for her, wondering idly if it was actually a word.
“Yeah! He told them that they were either going to let me go or have Nachash eat one of the students.” Fauve giggled and smiled. “Silly people.”
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:34 pm

"Well, I'm glad it did not come to that. My name is Khaat--like those cats there--that hopefully Nachash will not eat. I love them. They're my pets. They're very friendly. I also have a very big bird--an eagle. He's friendly too, and he likes to play fetch. I'll have to show you sometime. You are welcome to look around and see what everything looks like. I'm sure your papa will help you get settled in your bedroom. I hope that maybe later, you and I can make some cookies if your papa lets you," Khaat said. "Eli, just make yourself at home. Your rooms are the last two at the end of the hall. If I can help you with anything, please let me know. " She looked at Nachash and motioned her to the kitchen--away from the cats.

Once in the kitchen, she laid pieces of chicken and fish, sprinkled with some fresh shrimp on the floor for her. Probably more than the snake would ever eat, but a snake with a full stomach was a happy snake and significantly less of a threat to her cats.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:01 pm

Fauve nodded happily as Khaat explained what animals she had and Eli wondered when she’d start to explore the house. She’d probably stumble across a lot of things and knowing her she’d probably get excited by it. Eli watched as she ran inside the pick up one of the cats and he shook his head in amusement. He stepped into the living room and mussed up Fauve’s hair. She looked up and scowled at him before holding up the cat.
“Papa can we get a kitty?” she asked hugging the cat again.
“Fauve...” Eli sighed. “Khaat has lots of animals and I’m sure if it was our cat then Nachash would definitely eat him.”
“Then we’ll get Nachash a friend!” Fauve said happily. “Khaat? Could I have a cookie?” Fauve asked, turning her attention back to Khaat. Elijah rolled his eyes and sat down on the couch. Nachash slithered up onto the couch and curled herself around him. He ran his fingers down her spine and watched Fauve as she gave each cat the same attention. She bounced over to Khaat and held up one of the smaller cats, no doubt in exchange for a cookie.
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:05 pm

"Papa?" Khaat looked at Eli for permission. He was the parent, and she was not going to intrude on that. She was going to make clear boundaries from the outset. "Can she have a cookie? I did make some fresh Snickerdoodles this morning. She's welcome to one, if it's alright with you."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:14 pm

“Go for it.” Eli chuckled. “I’m sure the sugar rush won’t do her much good but hopefully she’ll go out like a light tonight.” Nachash slithered off of the couch and Fauve bounced happily over to Khaat with the cat in her arms. She’d clearly decided that, that would be the kitty she would indulge in. Elijah wanted to relax for now and he would definitely sort out her room later. Whether he slept or not didn’t bother him because he’d be painting for most of the night hopefully if all went well.
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:34 pm

Khaat took Fauve into the kitchen and gave her a cookie and a glass of milk at the table. Khaat could not help keeping an eye on Mo and Max. If Nachash took a shine to them, she wanted to move the cats out of her reach quickly. She truly hoped that the beautiful snake would eat the beautifully fresh meats she had provided for her instead. The snake did not scare her, but until she felt she had a better relationship with the snake, she felt she had no choice but to be watchful when preditors and prey occupied the same small space.

Fauve seemed oblivious to all the things that Khaat was being watchful for and happily ate her cookie with the icy cold milk. Khaat wondered, absently, if Abbey would like Snickerdoodles, what her favorite color would be, what her favorite cat would be--and would it be the same cat that Fauve liked. She wondered if she would be here to see it, or if her father would have to keep his promise to her and Rob would, in a few short months, be here alone with Abbey. She hoped not. She hoped she would still be here to see the beautiful little girl she had seen in her mother's pensieve. But some magical promises were binding and not to be undone. She hoped Rob would never need to know the bargain had been struck. For now, she resolved, to enjoy what time she knew she did have, to love fully, to live passionately, to be delighted with Fauve's presence, as if it were some way of letting her see Abbey--just in case. Fauve was a delightful child, and she thought Eli had made an excellent father for her and was raising her well. "Would you like to see the whole house when you're done with your cookie?" she asked Fauve. "Then you can go anywhere in the house. You probably should not go outside without talking to your papa, but once you know where things are, I am quite sure he will let you go about the house as you like."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:03 pm

“Papa will like some space.” Fauve said thoughtfully. “He misses Cecilia.” She nibbled some more on the cookie and drank down her milk. She knew that Eli preferred pumpkin juice and took time savouring her milk. “So seeing the house would be good!”

Meanwhile, Eli was walking up the stairs. He stopped at the end of the hall and opened up the two doors opposite each other. He picked the bigger room for Fauve and made sure to enlarge it further for her leisure. He enlarged his room so he had enough room for paintings. He took the shrunken luggage out of his pocket and walked into Fauve’s room. He pointed his wand at the floor and fired a spell, making pink, fluffy carpet cover the floor. He made sure to charm it not to get dirty and resized Fauve’s luggage. He took out some of the drapes he’d picked up from his loft in Paris and began to thread them along the curtain rail. He flicked his wand and made Pygmy Puffs hop across the white curtains. Fauve would get a kick out of that. He took some of the shrunken furniture out of his bag and positioned the bed near one of the walls, under the window. He resized it and began to do that with the rest of the furniture and toys that he’d gotten Fauve. He was shocked by how much she had but he knew she’d get use out of them when she wasn’t working. He would still teach her all he knew, always.

Once everything was comfortable for her he left to start to try and find his paints. He’d paint Fauve’s room later but he’d charmed animals to run across the walls so if all went well then she probably wouldn’t notice. He wanted his room painted though. He would hang paintings and other such things but he wanted to work on the walls for a while. Eli didn’t know how long it would take but he’d take some time with it.
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:24 pm

Once Fauve was done with her snack, Khaat took Fauve through the house, noticing Nachash coming along fo rthe tour, starting with the kids's recreation room with the old fashioned soda fountain the the basement, with the muggle tv and music systems, couches, chairs and more.

Then she showed her Khaat's study will the hundreds of books, the kitchen, the sunroom, the yard with the garden shed and metioned to Fauve that someday she would like someone to paint some sort of pretty mural on the plain white wall of the garden shed.

She took her back inside and showed her how to find things in the kitchen that were okay for her to get into. She chose a bottom drawer and filled it with all kinds of healthy snacks for Fauve so that she could get into the things that interested her. She conjured a pink plastic cup for her that had a nice big handle on it and a swirly purple glittery straw that she could use for anything she wanted to drink.

Then she took Fauve upstairs and showed her every room of the house. Khaat created little signs for the doors that had beautiful symbols and lettering on them so Fauve knew which room was which--after all, there were so many many doors upstairs. And Khaat wanted Fauve to be comfortable wherever she went. She wanted Fauve to feel that she had a real home and that she was as welcome here as anyone else who lived her. But she also made it clear that nobody would overrule her Papa's rules for Fauve. Whatever Papa said about Fauve, he was in full charge. But the other grownups were here to help if they could.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top