Classes
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Classes Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Classes

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Classes Empty Classes

Post by Jess Potter Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:39 am

Hello all. In a recent review of the site the classes system was criticised quite heavily, so the admins and I decided we should change it. I spent the two weeks i was admin trying to find out what they wanted done, but no one would make up their mind so i decided i would as you guys what you wanted. Now i've been demoted, it wont count for much, but i figured i should at least finish this one thing. And, as nothing was done about it while i was away for christmas i decided i'd do it now.

So, at the moment my main idea was to make less classes compulsory, and get rid of homework being a necessity. So, you could do it and earn points, or not do it and earn nothing, up to you.
Not sure about changing the layout, but i was considering going back to an older system and make a forum named classes, and make a subforum for each individual class. Also, we're getting rid of OWL and merging it with Common, so there'll only be NEWT and common.

Anyway, any suggestions would be much appreciated, when i know what i like i'll PM it to the admins and get them to do it.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year everyone!!! - Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Classes Empty Re: Classes

Post by Amelia Lyons Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:45 am

I think what we need most are active teachers who allow only so much time for a reply. If a student offers to perform a spell in class, or needs to respond in some way, then that student should have 48 hours or less to reply. In a lot of cases, I find that classes are stalled by students who do not respond. Professors should have the power to god-mod out of these situations for the benefit of keeping the class moving.

Also, I agree with merging the common and OWL level classes. It is difficult enough for professors to run two different threads for their classes, much less three.
Amelia Lyons
Amelia Lyons
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 1645
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:25 am

There shouldnt be a live lesson they should just post the lesson
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:28 am

we already do that to both of your responses Amelia and Eugene. wwe are on holiday break atm.
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 5547
Special Abilities : Wandless magic, Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:49 pm

We dont already have the godmode officially, only if the student agrees to it. It's a good idea
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:20 pm

If I may point something out to all of you- classes are pretty much the best way to obtain house points atm. If we just have the teachers post their lessons, then we would only have the quidditch matches to rely upon for house points. I can agree with merging Common and Owl classes, but one thing we need the most is teachers who are actually THERE. That might help.
James Wake
James Wake

Number of posts : 1329
Special Abilities : Can understand Werewolves

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:57 pm

I didn't get this lesson stuff. (Sorry, I've never been in those lessons *_*)
So all the students will have together all those lessons? (Ehh, in estonian it was always this way. You see, Estonia is a small country and there arent too much people who are playing RP games.)
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:07 pm

James do you have a secondary character? Or are you Shackelbolt, i can't remember. Anyway, we can't force people to be teachers, and the admins already have enough on their plates. We have a temp. teacher, why not get her to cover the inactive classes? We could become more strict on letting teachers in, because i'd rather have no class than a half assed one, they're annoying
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Lyons Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:46 pm

What positions for professors are open right now? I am thinking about making a professor character, but I would only do so if a position I wanted were available.
Amelia Lyons
Amelia Lyons
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 1645
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:49 am

That's the problem, Amelia. There are no open teaching positions, and we have several subs, but nobody is willing to replace a character when their player isn't pulling their weight. It's one of the reasons I can't get a teaching position.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top