Classes
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Classes Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Classes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Classes Empty Classes

Post by Vincent Majere Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:43 pm

Well Ive noticed that almost all the classes are inactive. Mine are too, which is mainly my fault, but I refuse to teach a class with 2 students. We have far more student members than that. I heard a while ago that if people dont take classes, they get kicked out of Hogwarts and cant post in that forum again. That hasn't happened and anyhow its irrelevant, people can just make their characters act like grads and go roleplay in grad areas.

Well I have a few suggestions:

First of all, if we bring in the the new plot, where the Death Eaters rule Britain, the DE's could force all students to go to Hogwarts. If they DONT, they get killed or sent to Azkaban so their character ceases to exist. This way, there are no drop outs. Hurrah!

Second. I know what your thinking. That way, all those people who are too smart or important to take classes will just make Graduates, making the grad to student ratio even more crazy. Well we could introduce a new rule - no graduate characters until you have an active student character. Evil I know, but it would work well and make Hogwarts active again, which is what we are focusing on, right?

Also,m How bout tying the Tier list to the amount of classes you take, so the more classes you take, the higher up the tier list you go?

Lastly, teachers should start teaching according to the guide. Only I did that, the rest haven't. And if they are doing a bad job, fire them!

Opinions? Suggestions?
Vincent Majere
Vincent Majere

Number of posts : 836

Back to top Go down

Classes Empty Re: Classes

Post by Mariana Diggory Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:53 pm

No actually Majere your class is only one that is inactive. Your basic class has enough students for you to start the class and if you have to teach with only TWO students i don't care it's still your job. There's something called Class Signup where you can make your list from and note down inactive students and give them bad grades/ make them loose points.

First: Don't be so drastic if we start killing students it would be rather unrealistic someone wouldn't protest and attack you soit's fine. Only thing inactive students get is bad grades & points loss. Ofcourse that will affect their tier which i will take care of.

Second:I already suggested this somewhere (where you probably can't see it), but i don't remember it was either not approved or it's still waiting for answer.

Already explained about tiers can't be bothered to do it again. Classes = my area for now!

Classes are fine as they are now since it would be RIDICULUS to teach according to guide now in April 2 months before end of term. I am taking care of it. Like you probably missed i substituted inactive Herbology Professor with Keera Mast and i am pushing Eli to use Gibbs for Charms. I PMed you aswell though you either IGNORED or DIDN'T READ my PM so i suggest you start teaching because first one that's going to be fired might be you!
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Majere Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:06 pm

They aren't inactive, but I wouldn't consider one post every two days in a class extremely active either. The point is only 15% of the students attend classes, and most of them don't even care if they are moving up the Tier list or not, and they definately don't care if they get bad grades. So how are you going to get these people to go to classes. And no, its not drastic. They have a choice to take classes, if they don't want to, the Death Eaters kill them IC, its part of the plot Very Happy
Vincent Majere
Vincent Majere

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:13 pm

Look Majere I PMed the students more then once. But i can't make someone come if they don't want to. What do you expect me to do send them e-mails each by each? Seriously... You just use methods i gave you and leave the rest to me. Plot is something that has to be discussed with someone who is not me!

Methods:
1)Go to Character Building section and take Alchemy Student list from Class Signup!
2)For coming on classes award points, for not coming take points! Simple?
3)For coming on classes give acceptable + grades, for not coming give T - Troll
On the end for the final exam combine already earned grades with test results

For anything else just leave it to me mkay?
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Majere Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:36 pm

Ok, ill leave it to you, but I'm just making some suggestions which will get the classes more active. ASK ANY teacher, ask Amelia or Wilson, if they think their classes are active. I doubt it. So why should some students take classes while others don't?

Let other admins and members talk about this as well, don't just rule out my suggestions completely Sad
Vincent Majere
Vincent Majere

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top