Muggles vs Wizards - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Muggles vs Wizards - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Muggles vs Wizards

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Muggles vs Wizards - Page 3 Empty Re: Muggles vs Wizards

Post by James Wake Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:17 am

Ok, here's the thing- Even if technology advances, muggle weapons can still be diffused by magical wards and charms. On top of that, they can easily have their minds wiped, and forget their purpose. Muggles are easy to mess with, even if this is in the future. What I suggest is the use of magi-tech- muggle weapons imbued with magical properties so that a simple spell cannot halt bullets in place, or cause the weapons to suddenly hurtle away from the soldier's hands.
James Wake
James Wake

Number of posts : 1329
Special Abilities : Can understand Werewolves

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:22 am

Well we sort of did end the muggle stuff after Voldemort died, but you guys can make this thread I guess. And shacklebolt, Hogwarts is in Britain, but we didn't make the Wizarding World Roleplay area for no reason.

As for the weapons stuff, its true Muggles won't stand much of a chance against Wizards, but I like your idea about the magi tech weapons James
Darren
Darren

Number of posts : 22273
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Leglimens,

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:57 am

Well I'd like to explain a possible scenario for America being involved:
Since many of the disapperences had happened in Britain and some occaionsly kidnapping of American tourists, the US government had decided to send the US Navy SEALS to Britain for any possible ideas on what could be kidnapping people. Since the kidnappings happened, they decided to go low profile and have a DADT(Don't Ask, Don't Tell) operation set up surrounding most of Europe.

And yeah I did make some weapons guides and armor guides a while ago and I think they are in the pensieve

(EDIT: Found it. URL here)
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:02 pm

It could be that the Government has in fact been conducting secret experiments (yeah, I know, real shocker, huh?) and assembled a team capable of disposing of any wizarding threat. This group splintered off, and became mercs. They were hired to take out a certain number of wizards, in order to prove their qualifications to a mysterious bidder. They attack Diagon Alley to show off their prowess and ability.

Bam, there's our plot!
James Wake
James Wake

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingsley Shacklebolt Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:23 am

^I like that better. Firstly, it makes more sense, as the british government is anti-wizard, not the US one. Also, its set in England, London, where there are more wizards.
Kingsley Shacklebolt

Number of posts : 1463

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:36 pm

Let's face it- PMCs get much more advanced equipment for combat than most national armies. It would only make sense if a PMC would be capable of disposing of wizards. Also, America would need express permission from any of the EU countries in order to establish operations in any of the european countries.
James Wake
James Wake

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:05 am

Well does it really matter how or where its happening? Dont put too much thought into a whole process that probably wont even be used later on. I only made this so that muggles could actually stand a chance against wizards.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:43 pm

Then give them magi-tech. Something like magic-proofed weapons.

Though we could always just decapitate the muggles themselves...

heh heh heh Twisted Evil
James Wake
James Wake

Back to top Go down

Post by Albus Severus Potter Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:52 pm

lol
Albus Severus Potter
Albus Severus Potter

Number of posts : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:59 pm

Yeah, see, Danny did something along the lines of what I was discussing earlier in "An expected meeting." A weapon that can compete with wizard's wands, and weapons. Make them with magical cores, and there we go: the birth of magitech! Now that we have seen a Barreta can do, let's see what a Desert Eagle, Ak-47, or Uzi could do under the same conditions. It's a Revolution!!!!!!!!

((Most of that was j/k. Most of it.))
James Wake
James Wake

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top