Getting a Midnight Snack ((OPEN))
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Getting a Midnight Snack ((OPEN)) Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Getting a Midnight Snack ((OPEN))

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Getting a Midnight Snack ((OPEN)) Empty Getting a Midnight Snack ((OPEN))

Post by Dominique Weasley01 Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:50 pm

Ruby yawned sleepily as she entered the kitchen. She had woken up at midnight feeling incredibly hungry. Which made sense since she had hardly eaten anything yesterday and what little food she had eaten was brought up again as soon as she had the chance.

Hoping the house-elves weren't awake at that late hour, Ruby walked into the packed pantry and reached for some biscuits she saw on a shelf. They were probably some weird wacky wizard flavour but she was too tired to care. As she turned to leave, she tripped on her furry slippers and fell flat on her face.

The fall startled her awake, and she sat up where she was in the doorway, nursing her injured knee. She knew she would have to wait a while until she could walk since her leg was hurting too much for her to walk all the way back up to the Gryffindor dorms. She was also slightly scared by the dark emptiness of the school's corriders now that all the students were asleep, although she would never admit it.

Hoping that noone came down and noticed her, Ruby stayed where she was, pulling up her trouser legs to inspect her knee for any damage. Her eyes widened when she noticed red liguid seeping through and she sighed dejectedly. Just my luck to fall on a piece of broken glass, she though to herself, picking up the offending object.
Dominique Weasley01
Dominique Weasley01

Number of posts : 171
Special Abilities : Metamorphagus

Back to top Go down

Getting a Midnight Snack ((OPEN)) Empty Re: Getting a Midnight Snack ((OPEN))

Post by Guest Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:41 pm

Insomnia. Yes, that awful feeling of being sleepy and not being able to actually sleep. So many times it haunted Josh's nights and that exact night, was one of those devilish examples. Eventually he would fell asleep, but sit and wait in the dark wasn't exactly what he would do in that moment. Though for some reason he knew he could get in trouble for what he was about to do, he had the feeling there was a slight chance of being able to escape without being seen.

He got up from his warm and cozy bed and put his dark robe so he wouldn't be cold. With small and almost silent steps, he reached the exit and went to the dark and ghostly corridors of the dungeons. Quickly, he got his wand and whispered "Lumos" and a bright light appeared in the edge of his wand, lightning his way. Walking slowly and trying to keep it down, he finally reached the kitchen zone. What else could he do besides eat some cookies in the middle of the night?

"Let's see..." he thought as he entered. "Where were those cookies anyways?!" just when he was about to reach a metal closet, he pointed with his wand to a shadow that appeared in his way.

- What the?! Who are you?!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique Weasley01 Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:19 pm

Ruby almost screamed when she saw a dark figure pointing their wand at her. She grabbed her wand and held it up before asking 'Who are you?'

She hoped it wasn't a teacher, because if it was she would be in a lot of trouble. Although she was walking around at night it wasn't her fault. She was hungry, and she couldn't sleep on an empty stomach.
Dominique Weasley01
Dominique Weasley01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:49 pm

A girl! At least it wasn't a teacher or one of those god-damn House-elves that always scared him with their little silhouettes and skinny bodies or their high voices that seemed to scream every time they tried to talk. Though his heart was slowly returning to its normal rhythm, he looked like he had seen a ghost. - M-my name is... Josh... - he spoke trying to stay calm as he stared at the girl who was still pointing her wand towards him, just like Josh himself was doing. Fear slowly abandoned his soul as he began to calm down yet again. What was that girl doing there? Answers? Only she could give them...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique Weasley01 Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:31 pm

Ruby sighed in relief and lowered her wand. 'And I'm Ruby.' She smiled at the boy and tried to stand up but unfortunately, her knee was hurting too much so she sat back down.

'Sorry if I startled you. I wasn't expecting anyone to come down here.' She let out a small laugh. What had just happened was quite funny. But she didn't know why he was here.

'You're not a prefect, are you? Because I was just getting something to eat, and I couldn't sleep.'
Dominique Weasley01
Dominique Weasley01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:58 pm

He kept his wand lighting the little space between both with his spell and looked at the girl as she spoke and laughed.

"Don't worry, I'm not a prefect. I'm too lazy for that” he whispered with his happy tone. He lowered the wand at the girl's leg and saw a bright piece of glass that glowed at the touch of the wands light. His curiosity increased when he saw that she was hurt and he rushed to ask "How did you do that?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique Weasley01 Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:03 pm

Ruby blushed slightly. She didn't want to sound clumsy but oh well. 'I kinda tripped over my own feet.' She said and smiled slightly.

She carried on holding up her trousers so they wouldn't get dirty from the blood and waved her wand to fetch a towel. 'Accio towel.' She reached out for the towel and held it to the wound while she pulled out the piece of glass that was still there. Ruby grimaced and covered the cut with towel, dropping the sharp glass and trying to stem the flow of blood.
Dominique Weasley01
Dominique Weasley01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:22 pm

He laughed for some seconds when he heard she had tripped in her own feet "It happens to me... a lot!" after she used Accio to reach for a clean towel to clean the blood caused by that misfortune action, he slowly approached her knee and spoke once again "This may be the only healing spell I know..." Josh wanted to work in a magical hospital, but seeing as things weren't going well in class, he almost quit his dream of being a healer. Fortunately, his uncle forced him to continue studying in Hogwarts against his own will. "Episkey..." the small cut would vanish in few seconds. He had learned it via his uncle that had taught him that spell to keep him in school. And it had, fortunately, worked.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top