Taking it easy{{open}} - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Taking it easy{{open}} - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Taking it easy{{open}}

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Taking it easy{{open}} - Page 2 Empty Re: Taking it easy{{open}}

Post by Amelia Lyons Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:26 am

The mug now steaming, Amelia stirred the tea by magic before lifting it to her lips. The amber liquid slid down her throat, warming her from the inside out. She drank generously from the mug before lowering it again, her eyes watching the flames flicker from the logs in the hearth. The elves had certainly been doing their best tonight to keep the students warm, because the fire blazed warm enough to be felt across the room.

Amelia removed her eyes from the fire, shooting a sidelong glance at Subastian before Christabelle - Fitting that she should have a name as pretty as she is... - could return. He was working on homework, he had said, which seemed to be true judging from the stack of papers and books on the table in front of him. Although Amelia hated being interrupted when she was working, she felt compelled to keep the conversation afloat, at least until Chistabelle returned and his interest might be otherwise entertained.

"So what are you working on?" she asked after a minute of weighing the question, making sure it didn't sound too prying. She didn't want to offend one of the only people from her house she had actually been introduced to, but knowing her lack of conversational skills, it was entirely possible.
Amelia Lyons
Amelia Lyons
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 1645
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobella Donohue Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:38 am

"Ancient Runes essay and it is very difficult but sometimes it isn't." He said looking at the stack of papers. He sat down until he saw Christabelle coming back down the stairs and stood once more. He knew he looked ridiculous standing up every time a girl walked in the door but it was a part of who he was.
Isobella Donohue
Isobella Donohue
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 1076

Back to top Go down

Post by Christabelle Whittle Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:09 am

"Ancient runes?" Christabelle asked as she descended the stairs. "I don't think they are that hard." she continued to say. Her face was completely void of make up now and her oversized sweat shirt and yoga pants looked rather becoming on her how ever on other people it would look silly. She moved and sat down next to him. "Runes are used in divination so they shouldn't be that hard." she said looking at him. "What are you having the most trouble on with them?"
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 4350
Special Abilities : Seer, Legilimens

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Lyons Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:39 am

Amelia nodded knowingly when Subastian told her he was working on ancient runes. She had taken the class through her fifth year, but had chosen not to pursue it at the N.E.W.T. level. Amelia had never quite seen the usefulness in runes and preferred to focus her efforts on more practical applications of magic.

A moment later, the boy was on his feet for what seemed like the fourth time since she had met him. Amelia followed his gaze to the quidditch captain, who had reentered the common room and once again gained the attention of everyone in it. She immediately joined the conversation, plopping herself down next to Subastian in an act that suggested familiarity, although as far as Amelia knew, the pair had just met.

She seems rather conceited... Amelia thought, noting how the girl had made the boy's struggles seem trivial, proclaiming her own expertise in the subject.

When the girl mentioned divination, Amelia could not help but turn back to the fire and roll her eyes, careful to make sure her face was angled away from the pair of them so they would not see her reaction.

Amelia had never much liked divination. In actuality, that was putting it lightly. Amelia thought divination was a soft branch of magic, reserved for those who believed the future existed with any sort of predictability. She had been dismal in the subject, refusing to believe tea leaves or foggy globes or other such nonsense could predict the future better than any other inanimate objects. It had been her only O.W.L. on which she had not earned a passing grade, not that it mattered much to her. She would never have pursued the class anyway.

Knowing she would be of no help to the boy with his ancient runes homework, Amelia opted to return her attention to the fire and allow Subastian to focus his attention where, in all likelihood, he wanted to focus it: on Christabelle.
Amelia Lyons
Amelia Lyons
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobella Donohue Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:58 pm

"Thank you but i know how to do I'm having no trouble with it. I'm only taking this class to fill my schedule." He said sitting down and began working on the paper. "I don't like divination much. It kinda bores me that's why i don't take it anymore." He finished his essay for Ancient Runes then went straight to reading a passage out of his transfiguration book.
Isobella Donohue
Isobella Donohue
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Lyons Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:05 pm

Amelia smiled to herself over the mug of hot tea when Subastian voiced an opinion of divination that mirrored hers. The blond girl clearly had other opinions of the subject, which made Amelia grateful she had not expressed them aloud. Judging from her extreme beauty and touch of vanity the girl had presented with thus far, Amelia would not be surprised to find the girl was part veela. And with the beauty of veela came a wrath Amelia did not wish to invoke.

Impressed that Subastian had defended himself against the beautiful girl instead of falling at her feet, Amelia contented herself with drinking from her mug, more slowly now that the warmth had begun to fill her again. The boy had managed to gain a bit of Amelia's respect in that he was independent, felt comfortable expressing his opinions, and that he seemed to be working diligently on his homework, despite the obvious distraction in the room.

She was pulled out of her private thoughts when the boy switched subjects a few minutes later, pulling out his transfiguration book.

I suppose I am warm enough now to be doing a bit of homework myself... Amelia thought, noting that her hair had dried almost completely in the heat of the commonroom. Pushing the long curls behind her shoulders, Amelia reached into the waistband of her jeans for her wand, waving it while thinking Accio homework!, to which her books responded by coming down from the dormitory and landing in a neat stack in front of her. From the top of the pile, Amelia removed her potions book and began pre-reading for next week's lesson.
Amelia Lyons
Amelia Lyons
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobella Donohue Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:40 pm

Subastian looked up and saw that she had used magic to get her books. He smiled because he did that more often than not, He finished reading the passage and put the book down. He looked up and saw that it was near dark. Crap. he thought as he quickly shoved his books in his bag. Subastian stood and said, "Excuse me ladies i must go i have some other things to attend to. I bid you both a good night." He picked up his bag and a satchel that held fresh clothes for him and looked around making sure that he had everything.
Isobella Donohue
Isobella Donohue
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Lyons Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:22 am

Amelia had gotten about half way through reading the assigned material for potions when her housemate stirred once again. This time, however, it didn't seem as though he was switching subjects, but rather switching gears. He was hastily throwing his books into his bag in a haphazard way, looking over his shoulder to the dark window.

When he excused himself, Amelia raised a hand in farewell, still a little shocked by his abrupt and hasty need to depart. She watched as he looked around for anything he may have forgotten, although he looked in enough of a hurry to overlook any number of things.

That was unexpected... Amelia thought, turning back to her potions book and lifting her finger that was marking the spot on the page where she had left off. Her mind did not completely return to the text, however, and she continued to dwell on what may have drawn Subastian away so quickly.
Amelia Lyons
Amelia Lyons
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Christabelle Whittle Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:57 am

((Well I was gonna reply but he kinda left so there really wasn't any point to reply))
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 4350
Special Abilities : Seer, Legilimens

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobella Donohue Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:46 pm

((i didn't leave at least not yet.))
Isobella Donohue
Isobella Donohue