Taking it easy{{open}}
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Taking it easy{{open}} Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Taking it easy{{open}}

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Taking it easy{{open}} Empty Taking it easy{{open}}

Post by Isobella Donohue Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:04 am

Subastian walked into the common room and saw that it was empty. He sighed in relief as he walked over to one of the chairs by the fire. He sat down in it putting his bag in his lap, he pulled out a book and began reading it. He was in chapter three when his eyes began drooping towards closing. He sat up straight to keep himself awake so he wouldn't fall asleep, but it was no good. Subastian eyes finally closed though he wasn't completely asleep, he fell into a light sleep. He jerked awake dropping his book to the ground with a loud thud, He saw that it was just the wind whistling past the window and he sighed. Subastian picked up his book and found where he had left off before he drifted to sleep. He placed the bookmark in it and then pulled out his school work to start it so that he wouldn't lack off while there was time before dinner in the great hall.
Isobella Donohue
Isobella Donohue
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 1076

Back to top Go down

Taking it easy{{open}} Empty Re: Taking it easy{{open}}

Post by Amelia Lyons Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:09 pm

Amelia's clothes were soaked through by the time she made it into the foyer of the castle. Dripping all the way, she finally reached Ravenclaw tower and gave the password to gain entrance. Her running shoes squelched as she climbed through the opening to the common room, creating new puddles of water where her foot landed.

Lifting her hands to her hair, Amelia shook loose the water droplets that had gathered from the rain outside. Her run had been interrupted just as she had reached the far side of the grounds, and she had been forced to increase her pace to make it back to the castle before the torrential downpour really took effect. Needless to say from her current state, however, she hadn't run quite fast enough.

Pushing her damp hair back from her face, Amelia looked up for the first time upon entering the commonroom. A boy sat in one of the easychairs by the fire, his nose in a book. Despite the fact that the fire looked inviting to her chilled body, Amelia knew sitting there would likely require conversation, an art she had never quite excelled in.

Trying to avoid notice, Amelia removed her squelching shoes and started toward the girls' dormitory steps, stocking feet making footprints as she went.
Amelia Lyons
Amelia Lyons
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 1645
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobella Donohue Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:31 am

Subastian looked up and saw a girl who was drenched in water, 'What happened to her?' he thought as he watched her. "Excuse me are you quite alright?" he asked his accent coming out more. 'D**n blasted Irish accent. There's no way of avoiding it is there.' he thought silently.
Isobella Donohue
Isobella Donohue
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Lyons Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:14 am

Drat... Amelia thought, stopping mid-step as she heard the boy speak. His accent was distinctly Irish, she noticed, but it was his tone of concern surprised her most. People didn't often ask her questions about her personal well-being. Usually, it was no more than to ask for the time or help with a homework assignment. Then again, she didn't exactly invite questions.

Trying to seem nonchalant, Amelia turned on the spot, her wet shoes dangling from the tips of her fingers and dripping water onto the floor. Between the dripping of her hair, clothes, and shoes, she was really making a mess for the house elves.

"Yes I'm..." Amelia stammered, trying to sound eloquent despite her currently soggy state, "fine, despite what my appearance may lead you to believe. I just got caught up in a bit of a rainstorm. Hurricane might be more of an appropriate word, actually," she managed, gesturing to the droplets still falling onto the stone floor.
Amelia Lyons
Amelia Lyons
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobella Donohue Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:44 pm

"It is raining that hard?" he said standing up looking at her concerned. "You should hurry and get out of your wet clothes before you catch a cold." He stood there just staring at her hoping that she didn't catch a cold.
Isobella Donohue
Isobella Donohue
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Christabelle Whittle Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:04 pm

Christabelle made her way up to the tower dripping wet from the rain out side. Not that it bothered her, she quite enjoyed the rain. She loved being outside in the rain whenever she got the chance, even if it was freezing outside. She reached the entrance and gave the answer to the riddle it had asked and made her way into the common room wringing out her hair. What little bit of make up she had on was running down her face. Even though it was ruined the effect of it still looked beautiful on her considering her veela blood.

She saw a boy that looked half a sleep and a girl more drenched than she was in the common room. "Looks like you and I got caught up in the same weather." she said trying to make polite conversation. She looked at the boy, "And people who look that tired should probably be heading to bed."
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 4350
Special Abilities : Seer, Legilimens

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Lyons Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:27 pm

Amelia was tempted to say something snarky to answer the boy's question, considering how obvious it was by the state of her clothing and hair. Before she could get to it, however, she watched as a young woman entered the common room, dripping in the same manner Amelia was.

Despite her running makeup, Amelia could see the girl was beautiful. Amelia flushed involuntarily, cursing the blood which rushed to her face, the only outward sign of her thoughts Amelia couldn't control. She mocked wiping more water from her face to hide her blush. It was silly, really, that she should blush, but she knew how foolish she must look standing next to such a beauty, even if they were both soaking wet.

Amelia nodded in response to the girl's question, not knowing quite how to respond since what the blonde had said hadn't been a question, but more of a statement. Instead, she chose to respond to the Irishman's earlier statement.

"I was actually planning to head upstairs and change. Being so wet isn't exactly comfortable," she said, shaking her head at the fact that she had stated the obvious, just as she had accused the boy of doing earlier. Maybe it's contagious... she thought cheekily.

"I'll... um... be right back," Amelia said awkwardly, practically sprinting for the steps before either of her fellow Ravenclaws could say anything to keep her there longer. Once in the dormitory, Amelia changed hastily, pulling on a dry henley shirt and her broken in jeans.

Although she seriously considered staying in the dormitory to avoid further conversation, Amelia could not resist the allure of the warm fireplace in the common room. Changing had helped, but the chill of the rain had made it down to her bones.

Sighing in a resigned sort of way, Amelia made her way back down the spiral steps holding a mug containing a tea bag. Once reaching the common room, she sat down in one of the chairs near the fire, close enough to the boy so as not to offend, but far enough away to allow him to ignore her presence if he so desired.
Amelia Lyons
Amelia Lyons
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobella Donohue Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:42 pm

"I'm sorry but i have homework to attend to and i don't sleep long as it is. But thank you for your concern." he said as he continued to stand waiting for the other girl to sit down or to go up stairs and change. He was taught that if a lady stood while a man sat it was rude, so he stood until the other girl sat. "I'm sorry i'm forgetting my manners. I'm Subastian Haversham. May i ask what your names are?" He asked them politely.
Isobella Donohue
Isobella Donohue
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Lyons Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:20 am

Amelia was filling her mug with water when the boy responded to what the buxom blonde had said earlier. The response made her raise an eyebrow, as she had suspected that any male would probably agree with absolutely anything the beauty said. His retort had been to defend his actions, which Amelia found admirable, but not worthy of her getting involved in something that was clearly not her business. Instead of getting involved, she ended the aguamenti spell which had filled her mug with water and flicked her wand in a fancy motion which began heating the liquid.

When addressed directly, Amelia kept her wand focused on the mug but raised her eyes to meet the boy's, who had now introduced himself as Subastian. The fact that he had split his focus between her and the girl who looked more beautiful soaking wet than she looked on her very best day was astounding, so much so that Amelia did not even hesitate to respond the way she usually did in social situations.

"I'm Amelia Lyons," she said, her voice carrying easily over the space between them, "In my sixth year. "
Amelia Lyons
Amelia Lyons
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Christabelle Whittle Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:25 am

Christabelle laughed looking at him, "Trust me it wasn't concern that which I was using. I was just stating a fact." she replied as she noticed that the girl had come back down the stairs this time with a mug of what appeared to be warm tea. "Christabelle Whittle, sixth year, Qudditch captain." she said looking between the two of them.

She made her way towards the stairs, "I should get into some dry clothes." she stated, "As much as I love the rain I'd hate to catch my death by staying in these soaking wet robes. So excuse me one moment." she said as she made her way up to the girls dorms and found her trunk. She peeled off the wet clothes that were sticking to her skin and put on an oversized Nightwish shirt and a pair of dark yoga pants. She ran her fingers through her hair before she made her way back down the stairs.
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 4350
Special Abilities : Seer, Legilimens

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top