Don't Eat That!~ {Open}
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Don't Eat That!~  {Open} Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Don't Eat That!~ {Open}

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Don't Eat That!~  {Open} Empty Don't Eat That!~ {Open}

Post by Marco Dubhbraon Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:57 am

A shadow stretched along the corridors growing longer around the bends and drawing up short when the walls were closer in. If you would care to follow this shadow to where it became solid mass you would notice a pair of Doc Martin boots unlaced from being haphazardly slipped on in a rush. Following up along a pair of skinny jeans to a pale silk buttondown that iradesced from dark purple to pale blue worn open over a black t-shirt. Above this was a thin face, with a gaze of concern and eyes of turquoise filled with worry. Topping all a messy disarray of platinum blonde locks with a hand currently tousing in frustration. The lumos spell cast to guide his way was the source of the shadow on the dank walls of the dungeons. His face set in a mask of concern because his beloved pet had gone missing again.

Marco wasn't a boy to dither over possessions, he had plenty and wanted for naught. His parents had left him well off, being both wizardkind and having good jobs and long family lineage with money stored in Gringott's. Na'r Laiqua was a beautiful pet, and worthy of Marco's adoration; but he had a mind of his own and refused to reside with the owls. He was proud, and his green flamed feathers would flare if anyone dared to suggest that all birds should reside in the roosts. NaLa wasn't a common bird anyway; he was an Augurey, an Irish Phoenix. He was fond of dank dark places where his feathers cast green glowing shadows on the walls, so Marco was ever forced to trek through the castle searching for him. As usual the trail led here towards the dungeons; and even more predictable the kitchens. He had a bad habit of bringing NaLa treats from his plate, and the bird had considered it his due to receive these offerings at scheduled times. Tonight Marco had been late, and as a result he was now forced to risk curfew to track down his "noble" pet and bring him back up to the Dorms.

He found the entrance to the kitchens and was surprised to notice the entrance was not shut off as he had assumed. He peered in the portal and almost laughed to see the house elves bringing offerings to the bird who had perched himself atop a chair near the open fire. NaLa, you ought not to be here, and pandering from House Elves...Tsk tsk! His only reply was an echoing soft cry and a glinting gaze from one emerald green eye. Now he did laugh, heedless to the fact that the door was still open where he had stepped through it and into the room. He was less concerned with being caught in the kitchens than repairing to his own corner of the Ravenclaw Dormitories, with NaLa. His eyes cast at the door as he thought he detected a shadow passing by...what would he say if he were caught here right now?
Marco Dubhbraon
Marco Dubhbraon

Number of posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Don't Eat That!~  {Open} Empty Re: Don't Eat That!~ {Open}

Post by Godric Delk Malfoy Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:52 am

Godric was looking for Gift. His beloved Egyptian Asp. The white snake had decided to wander around after hours to eat his favorit meal. The rodents that the House elves had running arund the Kitchens. Godric had known instictivly where the little bugger had gone. The one place he thought Godric would got to due to his distaste for house elves. Gift had gotten angry at Godric for not being taken to a duel he had been in. Godric had decided to leave the opponent alive for once.
As Gift slithered under the door and spotted a large Irish Phoenix, he had slithered into the shadows with out being seen. As a boy entered the room Gift coiled and was hoping the boy didn't come over to him or he would have to strike. As the boy spoke lovingly to the phoenix a shadow passed over the open door. Gift scented the air. Sure enough Godric had found him. He was so NOT going to give in to Godric's smile and charm. He was still sore about not being taken along.

Godric entered the kitchens silently. His lumose spell extinguished as he crossed the threshold with a whispered "Nox." As he looked up he saw the beutiful phoenix and smiled. He hadn't seen the boy yet. And what is such an amazing creature like you doing in the dark dank dungons? He asked with a smile. You haven't by chance seen a white Egyptian Asp have you master of the sky? Godric still wasn't sure the snake was in here. And knowing Gift he wouldn't until the snake wanted him to.
Godric Delk Malfoy
Godric Delk Malfoy

Number of posts : 573

Back to top Go down

Post by Marco Dubhbraon Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:10 am

Sure enough his eyes had not deceived him, a boy around his own age entered the Kitchens at that moment. He had not seen Marco, but Marco could not miss him. Aristocratic, probably Veela lineage, still pureblood he'd wager; definately nice on the eyes. He stepped forward head held erect, proud, debonair. Na'r Laiqua is pleased to meet another gentleman who understands nobility . He looked at NaLa, and not at the boy. He would not want him to think he was interested, for although he had passed favorably he had no interest in him further.

You may call him NaLa, which is something; he accepts you. As for your snake, NaLa will not say if he has noticed him or not, it is in his nature not to side with a human; sometimes not even me, over another creature. He never took his eyes off his Phoenix, instead he spoke to the boy almost dismissively. So his next action surprised him, I am Marco Dubhbraon. He had not thought, he had simply given his name. Would the boy respond in kind? He would not care either way, he supposed. It was a nicety for the boy being so appropriate to NaLa, he deserved to know to whom he spoke.
Marco Dubhbraon
Marco Dubhbraon

Back to top Go down

Post by Godric Delk Malfoy Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:22 am

Gift was not happy that his own owner hadn't been able to see him. Godric talking to another creature just wasn't in the cards for Godric. Gift made a point to slither up to the other boy and crawl up his leg staring at Godric from a distance. How dare you Godric Delk Malfoy. You speak to a Phoenix before your own companion? You refuse to take me with you when you duel today? What has gotten into you lately? Gift had hisses at him in parsle.

Godric just smiled at his favorit companion. He looked up to the boy with a smile. I'm Godric Malfoy. he said with a bow. He took the time to apraise the boy with subtle glances. He looked at Gift and frowned. Gift, you know I love you more then any other being. he said honestly in parsletounge. Switching to his thick German accented English he said to Marco, Marco meet Gift, Gift as you heard the is Marco and NaLa. After the introductions Gift inclined his head to the boy who's leg he was wrapped around and again to the phoenix. After that he slithered off Marco's leg and up Godric's until the Asp rested on the boy's shoulders. Gift nuzzled him affectionately.
Godric Delk Malfoy
Godric Delk Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marco Dubhbraon Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:38 am

Marco grinned as the snake chose to reveal himself by wending around his leg. He looked down at the snake, Hail Asp, noble of snakes. He addressed the creature politely, he could feel no malice within it, nor in the boy. Marco finally turned his eyes to the boy when he spoke his name, a smirk curved his lip and his eyes shone with mirth; Hail, God! Fitting nomer, at that. He didn't know why he had shortened the boy's name, but he knew the moniker was fitting; Godric was a God, chiseled features, courtly mannerisms, deadly Asp familiar, resonating quiet power.

NaLa flitted at the exchange, he was possessive and he did not like the playful tone in Marco's voice. He moved swiftly to the arm Marco automatically extended and settled there as if to show his ownership. He looked at Gift, as if to say we must watch these two; humans need reminding of who is in charge. Marco chuckled at the thought, he could speak to NaLa as easily as he did to any human, and he read his antics easily.
Marco Dubhbraon
Marco Dubhbraon

Back to top Go down

Post by Godric Delk Malfoy Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:02 am

Be at ease gentile guardian of the sky. Godric said to the phoenix as it shot him a glare. Then looking at Gift he shot a questioning look as the flier and the snake spoke in the ancient language of the beasts of earth. Not going to tell me what the Guardian said are you? he said. Even in English the asp understood every word Godric said. Gift just turned his head as if nothing had been said. Spoiled brat. Godric said good naturedly. He looked at the boy and smiled. "So Ravenclaw aye? My cousin is in that house." he was trying to make conversation with out getting caught checking out the other boy.
Godric Delk Malfoy
Godric Delk Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marco Dubhbraon Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:14 am

Marco grinned outright, this guy was turning out to be alright after all. He was able to shake off the animals banter even if he did not know what was said. Interesting, he could concede to another, well at least his Asp. We tend to belay much upon our familiars, but they give so much more in return, he said genially. He watched Godric outright, he had not taken offense to his moniker...well Marco would use that then; store it away for when it was needed.

Yes, I was placed in Ravenclaw; although I have intelligence enough for the studies and enough left for further pursuits. I think there is more to school than mere classwork and readings. I think higher than mere books, personal ambition has served me well.I would have chosen the dungeons for my home, the noble house of Slytherin has it's advantages. You are fit there well, I presume? I can sense you are pureblood, as am I; I pity the discrepency of sorting. You seem to be of noble character and good mind. He tried not to let his scorn show, he would have excelled in Slytherin, to which this boy obviously belonged. He was a purist, but mingling houses could be a point of concession; although it was far too soon to be considering anything more than future allies. Marco had few friends; but those who made it into his inner circle were devoutly championed and defended, and held with high regard in his heart.
Marco Dubhbraon
Marco Dubhbraon

Back to top Go down

Post by Godric Delk Malfoy Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:25 am

Godric smiled at his new school mate. It would have been amazing to have him in Slytherin. This boy was hot enough for Godric to consider a possibility as his equal in looks. He hadn't missed the new nickname. He rather liked it actually. As he blatently stared at the boy now, a smile crossed his lips. His eyes flashed mischiviously. "So what brought you to Hogwarts any way?" He asked with a look of apperciation for the boy. He hoped maybe they could get to know one another.
As a house elf neared him Godric shot a look at the little cretin. "Do you have some business approaching me you disgusting little creature?" He knew the house elf would just cower down to him. They always did. He lifted the poor being up with his mind until it was eye level with him. "And don't even think about telling anyone we were down here. Get it. Got it? Good" He said his voice filled with an odd sounding hatred.
"Now where were we?" his voice changed back to its lyre sounding voice as he addressed the other boy.
Godric Delk Malfoy
Godric Delk Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marco Dubhbraon Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:46 am

Marco saw the appreciative look Godric gave him, It was a mirror of his own thoughts carefully veiled. He smirked, was there something more than just casual respect? He didn't quite respect the other boy yet, but he accepted him as an equal. You loathe the creatues also? Necessary hindrances, that's what I call them.

He pondered, what had brought him to Hogwarts. My mother was the High Priestess of the coven in Ireland, she was killed when I was young by a stupid Muggle; Now my Father is dead, and I am emancipated. However the stupid Ministry of Magic requires that I complete my final year of courses at a regulated school to complete their terms. They do not think I should be on my own as of yet. I, personally, am capable of taking care of myself. It is the family fortune they want. The idiots believe they can take at least part of it by forcing me to remain here under their watchful eye. He could not hide the vehemence he felt in his heart, it was not for the loss of his parents, but for the loss of his freedom. Somehow he knew Godric understood, and his appraisal raised another notch.

Why he had revealed his history so easily was simple, what had he to gain from hiding it? There was nothing Godric could use against him, and the boy had asked. This was why he was at Hogwarts. His turquoise eyes met Godric's for a moment before he looked away. So you? You're accent isn't local, why are you here then? It would go a far bit towards how far he trusted Godric if he answered.
Marco Dubhbraon
Marco Dubhbraon

Back to top Go down

Post by Christabelle Whittle Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:53 pm

Christabelle had made her way down towards the kitchens from the Ravenclaw tower. She had desended the staircases in the castle gracefully in her Steve Madden open toed shoes. You could see the beautiful day lily tattoo on her foot that she had gotten with her cousin little over a year ago. Part of her was hoping that on her way to the kitchens she would run into Nick. She had been making it a point to avoid him and her cousin as much as possible but she couldn’t fool her heart. She was still head over heels in love with him and the way she had looked lately showed it. She looked like she hadn’t eaten or slept in days. Thankful to her veela appearance that she didn’t look completely horrible in public, but she still didn’t look as good as she should have.

As she found her way to the entrance to the kitchen she heard an oddly familiar voice speaking to someone. She peaked her head in to see her cousin speaking to someone she had never seen before. He had a beautiful phoenix. She marveled at the beauty of it before stepping in. She walked past the house elves and her cousin not mentioning even the slightest hello to him and got a piece of fruit.

She bit into the apple as she looked at her cousin, “Take it you finally decided to return to school.” she said at least trying to make polite conversation. She smiled at the other boy. “Hello, I’m his cousin Christabelle.” She threw a glance over at Godric as if to ask him if he had seen Nick.
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 4350
Special Abilities : Seer, Legilimens

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top