enough excitement for one year - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

enough excitement for one year - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

enough excitement for one year

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

enough excitement for one year - Page 2 Empty Re: enough excitement for one year

Post by Riyann Elling Sun May 14, 2023 9:16 pm

“Thank you,” Riyann gratefully accepted the steaming cup from Josie's hands, feeling the comforting heat radiating through her fingers. The gesture brought her a sense of solace she had been reluctant to acknowledge. Sitting in the staff lounge, Riyann couldn't help but feel a tinge of guilt for breaking the peace the room should bring to the adults of the school .

"You don't have to apologize," Riyann attempted to reassure her with a warm smile, sensing Josie’s unease. "This space is meant for all of us, and your presence here is just as valid as mine."

Riyann took a moment to absorb Josie's words, her eyes drifting around the bustling lounge filled with busy colleagues. It was evident that privacy was a luxury not afforded in this communal setting. She sighed softly, feeling a pang of regret for burdening Josie with her own troubles. "I apologize for imposing on you," Riyann admitted, her voice laced with remorse. "I should have kept my struggles to myself, knowing that we all have our own battles to fight."
Riyann Elling
Riyann Elling
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 114

Back to top Go down

enough excitement for one year - Page 2 Empty Re: enough excitement for one year

Post by Josie Mo Jansen Sun May 14, 2023 10:25 pm

Josie felt a trickle of relief at Professor Elling’s acceptance of the tea, as well as the gratitude she seemed to feel.

But the woman began to apologize, and Josie shook her head, an almost frantic movement especially in comparison to her otherwise placid face. “No, not at all.”

She sat across from the professor. “Where I’m from, we say ‘Det er ingen ko på isen.’ It means ‘there is no cow on the ice.’” She paused, for the first time appreciating the silliness of the phrase. She realized she’d paused a moment too long and fixed her gaze back on the other woman. “Basically, don’t worry about it, there’s no immediate issue of concern.”

Well, besides that whole werewolf on the grounds.

She realized how silly it sounded and added, “As far as burdening me. Part of the job is student safety, regardless of role.”
Josie Mo Jansen
Josie Mo Jansen

Number of posts : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by Riyann Elling Sun May 14, 2023 10:35 pm

Riyann let out a small chuckle and queried, "No cow on the ice? It does sound more intriguing in your mother tongue. But really, is it a genuine challenge to find cows on ice?" Being raised in London, Riyann couldn't recall encountering any cows, let alone on icy surfaces. "Ah, student safety," she continued, taking a sip of her tea and relishing its aroma. "Hopefully, there'll be another announcement reminding everyone to stay away from the forbidden forest. It seems students need a periodic refresher." Curiosity piqued, Riyann inquired, "So, what did they summon you for this time?"
Riyann Elling
Riyann Elling
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Josie Mo Jansen Sun May 14, 2023 11:14 pm

“It’s less a challenge, and more the guarantee of a bad day,” Josie mused. She’d of course been raised in the city, the child of a long line of lawyers. But her grandfather, a self-made man, told her often of his pastoral life as a child, and the fear they had of poor fences and thin ice spelling doom for their livestock.

“I don’t know much of the students here but I have noticed a rebellious streak,” Josie mused.

The professor seemed keen to get her mind off the events of the early morning, and though Josie found her mind wandering back to the idea of a roaming werewolf, she indulged her traumatized colleague. “Trophy room had some damage,” she said. “Some magical it seems from a student prank, but quite a few of the artifacts were in desperate need of attending to.”
Josie Mo Jansen
Josie Mo Jansen

Back to top Go down

Post by Riyann Elling Mon May 15, 2023 6:12 pm

It seemed evident that the teenagers had been left to their own devices without proper supervision. "I've heard that some students have served detention there, and it appears they left the place in a worse condition than they found it," she commented, her tone reflecting a mix of concern and disappointment.

As she silently observed the steam gracefully rise from her drink, a sense of tranquility washed over her, allowing her mind to regain its composure and focus on the impending issues. After a prolonged moment of introspection, she spoke softly, acknowledging a newfound determination. "Perhaps I should take it upon myself to warn the other teachers, instead of waiting for the headmaster," she suggested, her voice carrying a blend of resolve and responsibility, breaking the silence that enveloped her.
Riyann Elling
Riyann Elling
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Josie Mo Jansen Tue May 16, 2023 2:05 am

Josie quietly considered the weight of Professor Elling’s statement. Beauxbatons had been strict but not exactly punitive. There’d been a strong emphasis on appearance and diligence, but less of this intrigue in the student’s inner lives. Present as a model citizen, you passed. She wasn’t always thrilled with it, but at least she’d never been sent into a dangerous forest because of a late assignment.

She snapped back to attention as Elling said she needed to pass the word along. Josie nodded, still a bit lost in thought, before turning her head back to her. “Yes, next steps. Yes.” She was processing, not nearly as quickly as she would like either. “I’d offer to help, but I’m not sure anyone even recognizes me yet,” Josie said. “Should I stay here, tell anyone who comes here?"
Josie Mo Jansen
Josie Mo Jansen

Back to top Go down

Post by Riyann Elling Tue May 16, 2023 2:28 am

Riyann rose from her seat, gratitude evident in her voice as she thanked Josie for the tea. Clutching the cup carefully, she stretched her limbs and directed her gaze towards the door, which beckoned her back to the bustling corridors of the castle. Inhaling deeply, Riyann steadied herself, aware of the weight of responsibility resting upon her.

"Although it's important, don't allow this to overshadow the purpose of your presence here," she assured Josie, her tone filled with determination. "We will handle the situation. You can trust that we'll take care of it." With those words of reassurance lingering in the air, Riyann bid farewell and left the staff lounge, resolute in her mission to inform the other professors about the incident involving Alexander Greengrass and the werewolf in the forest.
Riyann Elling
Riyann Elling
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Josie Mo Jansen Tue May 16, 2023 3:09 am

Riyann had been gracious in the face of Josie’s deficiencies. This was further evidence for the Danish transplant that she was much better suited to mend objects rather than people, and she felt more secure in her career choice–while questioning the path that had led her to this freelance position in a school. She was realizing, no matter how removed her position was, she was now part of this Hogwarts team.

She was likely out of her depth.

Josie smiled up at the professor, nodding her agreement. The woman began to head out and so Josie called out after her, “Good luck!”

It sounded like she’d need it.
Josie Mo Jansen
Josie Mo Jansen

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top