Coming Home - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Coming Home - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Coming Home

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Coming Home - Page 2 Empty Re: Coming Home

Post by Johnathan Ashwood Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:44 pm

Plan and heal. Plan, he had started one, kind of, even if he didn’t know how to start it. Healing, didn’t even seem possible, and Johnathan had no idea where to start.

“What is going to happen to us?” Dearyan asked, one arm wrapped around Dylanne his head resting on hers. “We can’t live here alone.”

“No, no you can’t,” John answered, “I’m going to have to come back with you, Someone has to take care of you two. But that's all of the plan I have. Healing is going to take longer. Why don’t you two head into the kitchen and find a snack. I need to talk to Finn.”

Dearyn nodded, guiding his sister up from her seat and out of the room.

“Single bachelor to a single father of two eleven year olds overnight.” John shook his head, “How do you do it?” he asked, “I don’t even know where to start.”
Johnathan Ashwood
Johnathan Ashwood
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 444

Back to top Go down

Post by Finn Kelly Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:29 pm

Finn watched the interaction and sighed seeing the twins walk off. "I couldn't even tell you how I did it." he said honestly. "Mostly just had to figure it out as I went."

It had been the truth. He had been on his own with Aiden since his birth, and knew when it became just the two of them that he hadn't the slightest clue where to start, or what to do. For the first bit, Finn relied heavily on his mum to help him figure it out, but he knew that John didn't have that now.

"Really I think I just took it a moment at a time, and then went to one day at a time." he told him truthfully, "Although, I will say they are in school for majority of the year so it may be a bit easier of an adjustment than it was for me. Its just been Aiden and I since he was born. He'll miss coming over here for holidays though."
Finn Kelly
Finn Kelly
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnathan Ashwood Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:30 pm

John nodded thoughtfully, acknowledging the magnitude of what Finn had to deal with in the past. "You definitely had a lot on your plate, especially with Aiden being a baby when you started," he remarked, empathy evident in his tone.

He then turned his attention to the present, his expression softening as he spoke about the twins. "I love those two to death, but I never thought I'd be a father figure at this stage in my life," he admitted with a shake of his head. "Dylanne is quite the handful, full of energy and spirit, and Dearyn is always by her side. And they're going to be teenagers soon," he added, a hint of apprehension creeping into his voice at the thought of the challenges that lay ahead. "And you and Aiden are always welcome. I'm probably going to have to find a real job now, and move back in. The twins can't stay with me at the Three Broomsticks."
Johnathan Ashwood
Johnathan Ashwood
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Finn Kelly Mon May 01, 2023 6:51 pm

Finn couldn’t help but to let out a chuckle, “Don’t let me hear potty about what happened to me now from you of all people.” He said truthfully. While he had been sad at the time that things didn’t work out, he quickly learned that it had been for the best. Aiden’s mother had no real desire to be a mum, and when she found out that he was a wizard, she wanted nothing to do with him. He was grateful things had worked out the way they had.

“It’s a learning curve for sure, but you’ll figure it out.” He told him truthfully. “Merlin knows I felt the same feeling you do now, and I figured it out pretty quickly.”

He ran his hand through his hair, “They’re good kids though.” He added, “And we weren’t in that much trouble in school or home for that matter. They’ll be fine I think. Don’t put pressure on yourself about a real job. They aren’t as cracked up as everyone thinks.”

He sighed, “No, they can’t stay with you in that tiny room you stay in there, but you still have this place. Did your parents leave anything behind to help?”
Finn Kelly
Finn Kelly
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnathan Ashwood Mon May 01, 2023 11:37 pm

John managed a weak smile in response to Finn. "They are pretty good kids, most of the time," he said, his voice tinged with a hint of uncertainty. Dearyn and Dylanne may have been older, but they were still children, and John couldn't help but feel overwhelmed at the prospect of being their sole parental figure.

Despite his doubts, he knew that he couldn't abandon his siblings, and he was determined to do everything in his power to be there for them. "Honestly, I don't know," he continued, his brow furrowed in thought. "This all came as such a surprise, and I came straight here after receiving the letter. I'm sure they left something behind, but I haven't had the chance to start figuring things out yet."

As he spoke, John's mind raced with a million different thoughts and concerns. How was he going to take care of his siblings? What would happen to them now that their parents were gone? But despite the weight of these worries, he knew that he had to be strong for his siblings, to be the stability that they needed in this uncertain time.
Johnathan Ashwood
Johnathan Ashwood
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Christabelle Whittle Tue May 16, 2023 4:20 pm

Finn knew his friend would get it figured out eventually. And he would help where he could, as he could. They were like family to him anyway. "Well I accidentally asked Sophia to marry me." Finn told him running his hand through his hair. "Not that I wasn't eventually planning it, but it kind of just came out."

He hadn't told anyone about it, knowing there were people who had advised him to not to date someone who was still at Hogwarts.
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 4350
Special Abilities : Seer, Legilimens

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnathan Ashwood Tue May 16, 2023 6:20 pm

A welcomed diversion swept across the conversation, bringing a glimmer of anticipation to John's face. "So," he inquired, a subtle grin gracing his lips, "what was her response?" A delightful sense of curiosity danced in the air as John awaited the answer to his question. Despite the hanging gloom the room seemed to hold its breath for just a moment, the weight of Finn's revelation hanging in the air.

Sophia and Finn's love story had blossomed, their connection growing stronger with each passing day. They were like two halves of a harmonious whole, complementing each other in ways that only true soulmates could. Knowing this, John couldn't help but feel a surge of anticipation when Finn shared the news of his heartfelt proposal.

As memories of their shared adventures flooded John's mind, he couldn't help but recall the countless moments they had spent together, witnessing the genuine love and affection between Sophia and Finn. The thought of their union becoming official filled John's heart with a warm sense of contentment, as if he were witnessing the fulfillment of a long-awaited promise.
Johnathan Ashwood
Johnathan Ashwood
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top