LONDON CALLING - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 3 of 100 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 51 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 3 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:18 am

They landed roughly outside the Tiger Pub in Derby.

"Well, we can't exactly go in the front door, can we?" Brian frowned.

"Might be the only way in," Robert shrugged.

"Leave this to me," Michael said with a grin. "Come on, you lot. Look like this isn't your first stop in a pub crawl, will you? Lay it on a little, like you wanna have a good time and you've all had a few. And follow me." Brian went in with Michael, pretending to laugh at some joke, and Robert went in, his arm around Kate's waist. Angus could do a convincing slightly drunk impression, and he slipped his arm Ruby, taking her in with him, flirting with her and kissing her on the way in. Then, Michael made it clear that the lot of them were there to have a little fun. It seemed to liven up the place a bit, and then Michael went up to the barkeeper, leaned over and said something quietly to the barkeeper, got some resistance, and then Michael flashed a large wad of cash at the barkeeper and announced loudly that the next round was on him. The barkeeper reluctantly nodded, and motioned Michael to follow him. While the pub staff was busy now filling orders for the round Michael had bought, Michael turned to the rest of them and motioned.

"The man is slick," Angus said quietly to Ruby. "Looks like we're in." The barkeeper took them down to the cellar and pointed the way to the catacombs. Once he showed them how to go down to the tunnels, the barkeeper disappeared back upstairs.

"Robert," Kate said, frowning, "This isn't good. The energy here is so bad. We need to stay tight together on this one."

"You heard her. Tight formation, don't separate unless you absolutely have to," Robert said. "Eyes open, wands at the ready. Come on."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:33 am

Ruby clung to Angus as they landed oughly out side the Tiger pub. She listened to Michael and was taken aback when Angus pulled her against him as they moved into the pub, if she didn't know he was totaly sober she would have thought him drunk but she could not help blush at some of the things he said. Focusing herself she too let her self drap all over him as they moved into the pub watched by others in the pub.

Ruby chuckled and moved clsoer to him " well he is the best cat burgler in town" she said in a sulterly tone then nodded to Michael before following keeping close to Angus as they walked. The lower they went the more she felt like something weighed her down. When she heard Kate she nodded and tried to take a dep breath only to end up coughing at the feeling of something sitting on her chest as she moved..
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:51 am

The farther they got down, the harder Kate shivered, which was highly unusual for her.

"Kate? Talk to me," Robert said quietly.

"Death. It's so close down here," she said. "It isn't a residual feeling. There's been a tremendous use of dark magic down here very recently. Death is very close here. Someone is either dead or dying."

"We're not going to relay that to Angus, not til we know something," Robert said softly. She nodded, agreeing. They walked the catacombs and had gone significantly down in when Kate pointed to what looked like a solid brick wall.

"There," she said firmly. "that's it." Robert went up to the wall and started to look for a door or an entrance.

"Michael?" Robert said, Michael examined it and found a switch by pressing on a brick. The secret door swung open slowly revealing a central room and rooms going off in all directions. Angus didn't waste time. He began searching in earnest, going from room to room, and then he found Edward, lying on the floor, unmoving, bruised, burned and bloodied.

"Robert! Here! Now! Hurry!" Angus shouted, going to the door of that room and motioning. Robert ran as fast as he could and knelt by Edward but when he touched Edward, for some reason, his hands caught fire with huge balls of blue flame, causing Robert to cry out in sharp pain.

"Robert!" Kate panicked.

"No, no, no, no..." Michael raced in and fired a spell that put out the fire that had enveloped Robert's hands, and Robert crumpled to the floor. "Do not touch Edward! I need a moment."

"Jess! Brian! We need help now!" Kate shouted. Michael cast a somewhat complicated spell that Angus had never seen, and then he touched Edward.

"He's safe to touch now. The curse has been removed," Michael said. Then he turned to Robert. "Robert, where's your key? "Where's the apple key?"

"What key?" Kate asked.

"Check his keys," Michael said. "If he's not carrying it, then we need to find it back at the farm. Its a key that has an red apple shape on the head of it. I need the bloody key."

Angus checked Edward and wasn't sure he was even alive.

"One of you needs to do your life support thing!" Angus said.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:01 am

Ruby moved along with the others and Angus . Jess followed with Jack and Jessie all in unison with the twists and turns. When they searched Ruby followed Angus and saw what he did there on the floor lay Edward " dear god no." she said softly"

When they stopped they held up their wands but only saw a door open in front of them. Each searched a room then met back up with Robert. Finding Edward and seeing his condition Jess moved to his side but did not touch him seeing what happened to Robert she stayed slightly back until Micahel said it was fine to do so .

Jess moved and placed her hands on his head " hes alive bearly" she told them " Im stabalising" with that she focused her energy to keep his energies flowing. Jack looekd at Robert then reatched for a bunch hanginf from the back of Roberts belt. Looking threw them he found one that was red and shaped like an apple " this one?" he asked taking it off and handing it to Michael.

Ruby hung back hoping to keep Angus calm, that and her self too, she was internaly praying he would live as she knew it would devistate Angus to lose his Grandfather.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:18 am

"Yes! That's it," Michael said. "Robert isn't going to be any help to us with Edward." He hated to say it because he knew that without advanced help, Jess could keep Edward alive, but Brian didn't have Robert's advanced skills. And Michael could see that both of Robert's hands were badly burned--one of the most devastating things that could happen to a healer.

"Hold on, Jess. I'm calling for more help," Michael said to them. He took the apple key and turned the head of it sideways. "Give it a moment." Two minutes later, Michael heard a man's footsteps approaching them through the tunnel. "In here!" Michael called.

"I gathered," a man's voice responded. Coming into the room was a man that was about Michael's height and Edward's age, with gray hair, a mustache and a beard and wire rim glasses. He was carrying a duffel and a messenger bag. He saw them, and then he saw Robert and Edward.

He walked over to Robert first, and laid a hand on his forehead. Then he looked up at Jess. He seemed to cast a spell on Robert because some relief showed on Robert's face. Kate sat on the floor and cradled him on her lap.

"Are you the only healer here?" he asked her, going now to Edward.

"I'm a healer too," Brian said quietly.

"Good lad," the man said. "Tend to Robert. We're going to get him home where I can tend to that mess properly. I've cast a pain relief spell, but you'll need to support him. The burns are significant."

"We'll manage," Brian said. He watched the old man check Edward.

"He has a chance," the old man told Jess, "if we work together. My name is Nigel."

"This isn't a proper introduction but this is Nigel Sigworth," Michael said. "He's a colleague of Robert's." Angus's ears perked up, remembering what Edward had said. Brian's ears perked up too. He had learned about Nigel Sigworth's legendary healing skills in his training as a healer. He was not expecting to meet him and certainly down here, of all places.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:29 am

Jess looked at the man who had walked in something about him told her he was good, very good at what he did. Watching him walk to Robert then look over to her she looked at Brian as he spoke. "I don't mean to be rude, nice to meet you and all but lets save the introductions and save Edward please." she told him and she took a deep breath in.

Ruby looked up at Angus as he spoke his name "You know him?" she asked " I have heard he's the top most healer in all of the wizarding world." she said softly now feeling hopful they could save Edward.

Jess heard him speack of having to work together and nodded to him. "You tell me and I'll do it, I've worked with Robert before." she told him, Her flo of energy nevr wavered as she focused the pain Edward must have felt threw her and then let it out to help him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:44 am

"Edward told me about him," Angus softly said to Ruby. "I've never met the man, but yeah, that's exactly what Edward said too."

"So, what's the state of your equipment? Do we need to go to St. Mungos?"

"Robert has plenty of medical equipment between his farm and my house," Brian said. "There's a sickbay at my house. "There was a fire there tonight but I can have it restored in, maybe, 24 hours. Until then, we could take Edward to Roberts' farm, and whatever you need, we'll get it."

"Fair enough," Nigel said. "The last I saw St. Mungo's it was an antiquated rat trap anyway."

"Not anymore. It's been redone and modernized, but if we can keep them at home, that would be better,' Brian said

"Then home it is," Nigel said. Nigel looked at Jack and Jessie. "Edward will need to be carried, and the life support will need to be maintained through the porting. Can you both help to get Edward back?" Then he looked at Brian. "And a couple of you can support Robert and get him home?"

"Absolutely," Brian said. Michael went over to Robert and he and Brian got Robert slowly to his feet. "We'll meet you at home," Michael told the others. Kate drew out her own portkey and she ported home. Michael and Brian ported home with Robert.

"Edward is my grandfather,' Angus said. "How can I help?"

"Well, somebody needs to help me get to this farm," Nigel said

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:51 am

Ruby listened and nodded when Nigel spoke she moved to Edwards side " I'll help too " she said as Jack moved to edwards left Jessie went to his right and together they gently lifted him up as together with Jess still holding Edwards head they ported to the farm.

Ruby looked at Angus and then to Nigel. "we can help you do that" she told him taking both men by the hand and porting them to the farm right into the sickbay where she let go of Nigel but kept hold of Angus.

Jack, Jessie and Jess all appeared in the sick bay Jack , Jess and Jessie moved together placing Edward on the gurney in the middle of the room. Jess not once losing contact with his head. " thanks guys" she said now sitting on a stool behind the bed waiting for Nigel to finish what he needed to save him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:54 pm

(fyi--the sickbay is a room in brian's basement at the estate, not at robert's farm.  I guess I'll keep the main sickbay at Brian's and add a smaller sickbay in the sub sub basement at roberts on the same floor that the missions wear room and the armory is.)

The light of a new day was just starting to break when Brian and Michael arrived with Robert, and Angus brought in Nigel. It had been a very long night, with some huge triumphs and some huge problems, and it was still very busy. Kate was already back at the farm, and she was in the master bedroom, opening the bed and making the room ready. Brian and Michael took Robert straight to his room.

With Gabe and Mira in charge and several of the Paris workers there, Kate's kitchen was busy, of course, and it smelled divine. Mira and Gabe had coffee and tea on, and they were fixing their own pre-dawn Americanized version of a full English breakfast for everyone. Gabe was stirring a large cast iron skillet full of scrambled eggs, and managing second one of bacon and sausage. Mira was churning out a large stack of waffles on Angus's commercial sized waffle iron brought over from the estate kitchen, and she was warming a saucepan full of cinnamon maple syrup. Mira had gotten to love waffles from the years she and Gabe had spent in America, and so she was fixing the sweet breakfast staple, and she was making an enormous platter of them, enough to feed an army. Gabe had already turned out a large batch of chocolate raspberry scones, with some freshly made bowl of mixed berry compote to put on the scones, and he had made a huge fruit salad and a massive platter of fried potatoes with onions.

Workers from Paris had set up the sideboard with enchanted warming and cooling trays to keep hot things hot and cold things cold. The Paris staff were bringing extra plates, glasses, mugs, napkins and silverware from Brian's estate, and they were setting out large pitchers of orange juice.

Kate had sent additional workers scurrying to freshen up all the bedrooms at the farmhouse and to open up all the cabins at Brian's estate and make them ready as well because people were going to need to sleep when things settled down. If there was something Kate had mastered, it was making sure the needs were taken care of for the team and the organization.

Angus arrived with Nigel, and the smell of a huge breakfast smacked them right in the face when they apparated in. It made Angus's stomach growl loudly.

"Robert's room is this way," Angus said. "Not sure where my grandfather is yet." He took Nigel through to the central hallway, and Nigel noticed the library.

"He has quite a library," Nigel said.

"You don't know the half of it. It has four floors," Angus said.

"What?" Nigel asked. He took it upon himself to go through the french doors peak in looking up, and seeing the three floors going up and one more going down. "Now that is a bit obsessive even for a man like him," Nigel said. "Spectacular, though. I love books of all kinds. I could spend years in there. Remind me to check this out later."

"Of course," Angus said. Nigel followed him down the hall to Robert's room, and he found Kate, Brian and Michael there. Brian and Robert were working on trying to undress him carefully, without hurting him. Robert clearly did not look well at all and only somewhat alert.

"He's showing symptoms of traumatic shock," Brian told Nigel.  

"Of course he is," Nigel said, not surprised in the least. "His burns are severe. Where is Edward?"

"Robert's added a small sickbay downstairs," Kate looked up at Brian as she put additional blankets and pillows out on the ottoman at the foot of the bed. "Remember the little room we used to use for mission wear? Robert converted it to a little sickbay. It's not very big, but it might serve the purpose until the main sickbay at your place can be restored and refreshed. I'm sending a big crew there straight after breakfast to take care of the fire damage and to put the main house to rights."

"Thank you," Brian said, grateful for her help, as always.

"Give me just a minute or two with him since I'm right here, and then I'll need to see the other one," Nigel said.

"Where do you need me, Kate?" Brian asked.

"Go see if you can help Jess at all til Nigel is free, and on the way, would you drop off Nigel's bag in the guest room beside the library, please?"

"Certainly," Brian said, taking Nigel's bag on the way out. Nigel took over Robert's care, and he used an Evanesco spell to simply get Robert undressed. Then he tucked him into bed.

"Leave me alone with him for just one moment, please," Nigel said wanting some of the confusion out of the room, sitting with Robert and wrapping his hands temporarily with layers of sterile gauze. Brian, Angus, and Michael left, but Kate had no desire to be moved from him.

"Nigel?" Robert looked up at him.

"You're dealing with hypovolemic shock, Mate," Nigel said, "but I'm right here. You're going to be alright...."

"My hands..."

"I'm not going to let you lose the use of your hands," Nigel said, starting to work to cast a spell to battle the traumatic shock. "I give you my word. After all, you're a fine surgeon, and if you're not here doing what you do, I'm going to have to come home and step up for you, now, aren't I? And I really don't want to have to do that. No offense, but your job stinks, my friend. There. That will help you feel better in a bit. Stay right here and have a bit of a rest. Sleep if you can." He reached in his bag and handed Kate a small bottle.

"Mix this in a liter of water. I suppose you could put it in some cups of tea if he likes that better, but get him to gradually drink the entire liter. He doesn't have to drink it straight down, but it will help him feel better. He can sip on it, but if you can get him to take it all in two or three hours, the better," he told her. "It will regulate some of the fluids and electrolytes he's missing now and help clear up the shock. That will help him clear his head and his thinking. It's the shock that has him a bit befuddled. Perfectly normal for the injuries he has. If the pain recurs or there's any change, let me know straight off. I'll be back to tend to his hands as soon as I can. For now, don't let anyone muck with them. Leave them alone. I wouldn't leave him entirely alone, though, not until he's more himself again. Someone should stay within earshot," She nodded. He picked up his medical bag and stepped out into the hall.

"Where's this sickbay?" Nigel asked.

"Come with me," Angus said, leading the way. "Do you know my grandfather?"

"Met him a couple of times at some Ministry balls and such. I know of his fame, and he knows of mine. We've exchanged some potions over the years, but we haven't ever been close," Nigel said, as Angus took him down the hallway, back into the library and down the stairs.

"Good God, what in the world does he have here?" Nigel exclaimed as they went through the basement floor of the library. Nigel could see steps still going down and down.

"Two more floors down," Angus said. They went down one more, and Nigel stopped, stunned by the massive potions lab.

"Doesn't he do anything on a small scale?"

"Not really," Angus said. "There are some sound reasons for it, though. One more to go." Angus took him down to the bottom level, where workers were still bustling, the night's command post still in high gear. Nigel stopped short.

"What the devil is going on here? What have you gotten me into?" Nigel was almost angry now.

"We'll explain it later. Let me see if I can sum this up in a nutshell. Basically, we're a private squad of aurors who work for Robert, and this is entirely about stopping some of the worst criminals in the wizarding world that law enforcement hasn't been able to stop. When they can't handle the job, they call us."

"So you're telling me this is not criminal activity here?" Nigel asked.

"Not here. Certainly not. Do you think Robert would be some sort of criminal mastermind? Really?"

"Point taken," Nigel admitted, easing a bit.

"We're on the side of the ministries. We're the good guys, and this is all about finding and catching the bad guys and turning them over to the authorities"

"So does the ministry know you exist?"

"The ones that need to know, yes," Angus said.

"So, let me get this straight. Robert has his own private spy organization.'

"Sort of.  Come on, I'll show you the sickbay." Angus took him to the back of the command room to an open door and the new sickbay. Jess was there with Edward, and Brian had just arrived, working on filling a basin with warm water. He got soap, a washcloth and a large towel, knowing as filthy as Edward was, cleaning him up was going to have to be part of it.

Nigel said nothing to the woman who was providing life support to Edward. She had made it very clear she didn't want any conversation anyway. Nigel thought she had been rude down in the catacombs when all he had done was to tell her his first name. He still didn't know hers, and now, honestly, he didn't care. They had clearly gotten off on the wrong foot. He hadn't liked what he felt was an air of superiority on her part back in Derby, so he was simply going to treat her like any other professional. She was a healer, a professional, and he was going to treat her as such.

He didn't speak, but instead he cast an Evanesco to remove Edward's filthy clothing, and Brian started working on cleaning Edward up and healing small bruises and cuts as he went. As for Nigel, he set some of his own stabilizing spells in place to boost the woman's efforts. Then he started casting counter curse spells.

"What's wrong with him?" Angus asked. Nigel looked up at him.

"He's been mistreated, and he's either lost a fight of some sort or they beat him. The biggest issue is that he's been struck with several dark curses. I can remove them, but he is still going to have a bit of a recovery ahead of him to regain his strength."

"But he's going to be alright, right?" Angus asked.

"It's looking better, but I'll know more once I see how he responds to the counter curses." He looked at the woman, all business. "Good job. Thank you. You can discontinue your life support now. I've got him."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:20 pm

Ruby felt like a bit of a spare part every one was walking around doing things but she stood in her spot watching, the kitchen was occupied or she would have begin cooking to take ehr mind off everything. She watched Angus take nigel up to Robert and sat down to wait. She was trying in her own mind to figure out what she could do. Standing she headed up to Edwards room grabbing some clean clothes she walked down the tunnels and passageways to the sick bay.

Stepping in she saw nigel, brian, Jess and Angus all in the room. " I brought some clean clothes for Edward." she said holping the little she'd done was enough. But again she stood against the wall watching.

Jess looked up at Nigel as he entered the room and began to work. When he told her she could disconect she slowly let her energys slip from Edward untill she felt detatched. " I'm sorry about my short tone in the catacoombs earlier, I'm Jess Darkheart and thank you for come at short notice" she said now lighter in her tone "Its just he just means a lot to a lot of us not just Angus."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 100 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 51 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top