LONDON CALLING - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 2 of 100 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 2 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Robert Lupin Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:47 pm

"You're right. It would," he said. "Because James considers my grandfather a significant threat. As well he should. So, if Gelding wants to keep James happy enough to go after Robert, he has to remove my grandfather. And that would explain why it was one of Gelding's men with this little trinket."

A part of him wanted to try to activate that thing right that very instant but he had Ruby with him ,and he wasn't going to take her into any blind situation, and certainly not without backup.

"Thank you,' he told her, putting his bloodied shirt back on and taking his duster from her. "Thanks for repairing my coat. I'm much too attached to it, I think. You know, if we ever do get married, we can dream of a gorgeous wedding as much we want, but realistically, it probably would happen while we're both in mission wear, in a cow field, at three in the morning, or some such folderol." He flashed an amused smile at her and put on his duster coat. Then he picked up his pink and finished it.

"Would have been a shame to waste a good pint," he said. "Alright, to the farm it is, then." He took her hand and as they left the back room, someone hailed him. He turned to see Madame Rosmerta calling him.

"Give me one moment," Angus told her as Rosmerta came over and gave him just a friendly kiss on the cheek.

"Where have you been keeping yourself?" she asked him.

"Working, my dear, always working," he said.

"And where the dickens is that handsome grandfather of yours? He was supposed to come see me, and he stood me up."

"Did he? When was this?"

"Last night," she said. "He was taking me to dinner and the opera."

"I didn't know you liked opera," he said trying to divert her focus. "Well, I'll have a word with him. YOu know him, always some situation..."

"Well, Fenrir's still around, so he hasn't been working on that..."

"What do you know about Fenrir?" Angus frowned.

"He's been seen here lately. I just saw him a few moments ago. I'm sure it was him. He was on the edge of town, and I think he was hoping I didnt see him."

"You don't say," he said.

"I do say," she nodded.

"Rosmerta, I'll give you ten galleons if you sell me a raw steak right this minute," he said hastily.

"For ten galleons, I'll sell you two."

"One will do," e said, pressing the coins in her hand. She disappeared for a moment and brought back a take away bag with a bundle in it.

"Thanks," he said. "Must dash. I'll remind my grandfather to come around and straighten himself out with you. See you!" He clutched Ruby's hand again and pulled her quickly out of the pub to avoid continuing his discussion with Rosmerta. When he was sure they were alone, he looked at Ruby. "If Fenrir's in the village, he has information. We need to find him. See anything big and hairy around?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:04 am

Ruby looked at him as he spoke " exactly, I want to go and save Edward just as much as you but,,well for one Robert would kick our butts for going in with out back up and second whats wrong with a rustic wedding. " she said and chuckled as he finished his drink.

Holding his hand she moved with him out into the main area. She looked behind them at who had called them but Angus seemed calm so she waitied letting him deal with her. She looked around the room at the people in it and one sat in a darkened courner as he spoke to the woman who then left and returned with a bag. She was curiose as to what was in it but stayed quiet.

"Angus we should get going, they may be worried as to where we are." she said walking over to them both. " Madame Rosmerta, good to see you again." she said recognising who he had been talking to. " Im ruby from the ministry." she introduced herself. As Angus spoke again she nodded.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4141

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:21 am

"Rosmerta said she saw Fenrir here in the village just moments ago," Angus said, taking the bundle wrapped in butcher paper out of the takeaway bag and tossing the bag in a nearby trash can. "If he's still in town, that means he has to have information. There's no other reason for him to be here."

"You're not as dumb as some of your companions can be," a voice said. Angus looked all around and didn't see much, until he spotted a figure sitting on the top of a roof of a shingled overhang over top of a shop. Angus waved the bundle in his direction. Fenrir leaped off the roof and down to the ground with surprising agility for his age, and he motioned Angus and Ruby into an alley between the buildings. Angus followed and handed him the bundle. Fenrir opened it, saw the prime steak, smelled it and proceeded to eat it.

"Got a lead on your pap," Fenrir said. "Gelding has him, and he's in England. So is Gelding, but as I hear it you're running out of time. As I hear it, he's got about four hours left. I don't know what that means, but it sounds like you need to shake a leg."

"How do I know where to find him? Its not a lot to go on," Angus said.

"Use Lupin and lure out Gelding. Gelding is a right foul nutter, that one is, and he wants Lupin bad. Lupin isn't stupid. He'll know how to be bait. Lure him out, and milk Gelding for information. Take those ruddy big blokes with you. They'll scare the shit out of him. That might get you what you want."

"And where is Gelding?"

"Do I have to do everything for you? He's shacked up for tonight with that woman, isn't he? The one that runs the International department at the ministry. Find her flat, and you'll find him keeping her bed nice and warm for her."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:35 am

Ruby gasped at what Fenrir said her hand flew to her mouth in dibelif at his words. Turning from him she pased as the thought about it. In her mind she slipped all the peices together, the intense movement to find fenrir palcing her as an atachie to Robert. " oh dear god , they used me." she said looking to Angus " that two faced sone of a ...." she balled her fist and screamed out loud her frustration "Thats it, I quit the den of no good theives, you hear that I QUIT!!"

She calmbed her self taking Angus's hand in her own " Im sorry, Mr Fenrir for my out burst." she said and looked at him then to Angus. " lets go, I have to hand in my resigation to the ministry." she said her anger evident in her tone of voice.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:44 am

"What's the matter with her?" Fenrir frowned at Angus. "Did she want him or something?"

"No," Angus laughed. "This one's mine." He gestured towards Ruby to try to clarify. "She works for that nitwit woman."

"Oh," Fenrir said. "Want me to eat her for you?" Fenrir almost looked hopeful.

"No," Angus burst into laughter. "No thanks. We've got it."

"You know, you're alright, for a human," Fenrir said. "Even you are a Donohue."

"Thanks," Angus smiled. He led Ruby away from Fenrir as Fenrir disappeared into the darkness. "Feel like catching them in the act? I think a trip to London is in order, don't you? Got any idea where this boss of yours lives? I'll do the illegal stuff--the breaking and entering. All you have to do is follow me."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:55 am

Ruby scoffed and was about to tell fenrir he wouldn't want the left overs after shes was done but kept quiet. She was glad Angus spoke for her and then led her out into the warm sun. She listened to him talk about catching them in the act and she nodded " oh I know exctly where she'll be, she wouldn't risk using her own home, but she keeps a small apartment, and I know the address." she took hold of Angus arm.

Porting them to a small building by the thames river. loking up at a single apartment that over looked the river she pointed to a lit window " thats the one." she told him, " the red door leads to her apartment, I've only been here once but once was enough, I'll warn you its gordy inside, I mean she'd give delorus unbridge a run for her money."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:09 am

"I'm not going to look at her décor, trust me," Angus said. "Let's go." He silently went up the steps into the building and found the apartment with the red door. He listened but didn't hear anything except some sort of music that he guessed was supposed to be romantic. Angus thought it was tacky, actually.

"Wand at the ready," he told her. He got out a lockpick and quickly picked the lock with almost no noise at all. He opened the door and look inside and motioned for her to follow. He followed the sound of the music and found them to be very preoccupied. Angus took full advantage of the compromising situation and he fired a hard jolt of electricity right into Gelding's backside. Gelding screamed in pain. The woman started to scramble to escape, and Angus leveled his wand at her.

"Want to be next? Go ahead and move, then," Angus told her. "See what it gets you." She froze. Angus never took his eyes off her.

"Why don't you duplicate our cuffs and then cuff them together. How about something creative? Cuff her right wrist to his left ankle, his right wrist to her left ankle. Then repeat it in how you cuff him to her. That ought to hold them for transport, I should think. We'll be taking them with us," he told Ruby. "And I think this should be a come-as-you-are party, don't you?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:19 am

Ruby followed Angus up the stairs " good coz if I ever get this bad...blech I don't want to think about it." she said softly as they moved to the red door. At his intrusction she took out her wand holding it down by her thigh as they followed the tacky music to where she found too preoccupied people. Leveling her wand she watched as Angus struck first with electricaty. "Better do as he says or it will be me frying some personal items." she said sending a spark to the tip of her wand as the woman froze.

Grabbing her cuffs she smiled at Angus " I think I'll do just that" she said duplicating the cuffs she held she tangled them up so they could not move. " I agree, its just bare cheek to turn up late for you own party." she could not help herself
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:41 am

"I think we have a package to deliver now," Angus said. "You grab her--somehow, and I'll get him."

He took hold of Gelding's arm, and when he was sure Ruby had hold of the woman, he ported them straight to the farm, where people had gathered in the kitchen, their skirmish at the estate over. They all stopped dead in their tracks when Angus and Ruby arrived with Gelding and the woman impossibly tangled and cuffed that way.

It took a moment but Michael burst into uncontrollable, hysterical laughter. Kate started to snicker, and that broke up Robert and Brian.

"Well, well, look what the cat dragged in," Robert said. "You've had an interesting evening, Angus. Well done, both of you."

"Who's the unlucky woman?" Gabe asked.

"Oh, I wouldn't feel sorry for her," Robert said coldly. "Meet Rita Crane. She's the head of the International Magic Cooperation Department at the Ministry. Ruby's boss. And not a nice woman at all. Do you know who she dated at Hogwarts?"

"Not a clue," Michael said.

"None other than Lucius Malfoy. She's a Slytherin through and through, and was a dyed-in-the-wool devote of Voldemort's," Robert said "I refused to hire her, but my successor clearly took her on after my departure. And her date here was lured to her because she is filthy stinking flush with cash--both muggle and magical. I didn't hire her because I felt she was meddling with both worlds, muggle and magical, and it's clear I was right."

Robert looked at both of the captives. "You've both been very naughty. Now--Tom. We can do this in a respectable way---or not. Makes no difference to me. Where is Edward Donohue?"

"You'll never find him in time," Tom sneered. Robert got up, went downstairs and came back with a potions bottle.

"One more time, where is he?" Robert asked. Gelding refused to talk. "Separate them. Tom and I need to have a discussion." Brian and Michael and Angus separated them and cuffed them, seated, to kitchen chairs. When Gelding refused to talk, Brian and Angus held Gelding fast while Robert fed him Veritaserum. "Where is Edward Donohue?"

"Derby catacombs. But you're too late..." Gelding said. Angus snatched the bracelet out of his pocket.

"Michael is this a portkey? Hurry!" Angus demanded. Michael took the bracelet and looked.

"I think so, yes," Michael said. Angus snatched it back, and Robert snatched it from him.

"Not without us. You need us. Brian, call Owens up from the basement. Have him deliver our guests to Daphne straight away. She's been waiting for him for a very long time."

"My pleasure," Brian said. He hurried downstairs to get Owens and some of the Paris men.

"The rest of you, come with me. We're going together, and we're not coming back without Edward. Angus, you're a bloody mess. Are you alright to go?"

"I'm fine," Angus insisted hurriedly. "I'm going, with you or without you, but I'm going."

"Then come along. Let's go. Let's try your portkey, Angus. Wands at the ready, Everyone," Robert said. Angus looked at Ruby, knowing Ruby wouldn't be left behind. "Grab hold, All. Alright, Angus, go."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:02 am

Ruby shuddered at having to touch that woman but touch her she did grabbing her fat arm she looekd to Angus and nodded. Feeling them port as soon as they stopped she let go and stepped to beside Angus as Robert spoke to them then seperated both of them.

Ruby looked at Crane and shook her head " oh Miss Crane think of this as my resegnation from the ministry and from you." she said as she knelt in front of her while the others delt with Gelding. Once she was done she stood up and headed over to Angus.

She heard Angus say he was going to get Edward from the catacombs. " or without me ether" she said. " I am going with you so don't stop me." she grabbed hold of him and nodded she was ready to go where ever he ported wand in hand.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 100 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top