Fee Fi Fo Fum - Page 5
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Fee Fi Fo Fum - Page 5 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Fee Fi Fo Fum

Page 5 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fee Fi Fo Fum - Page 5 Empty Re: Fee Fi Fo Fum

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:10 am

Brian glanced down as Jack was rooting around the bin and he spotted Khaat's clutch purse.

"Bingo!" he said, picking up the bag. "No wisecracks from you about my carrying a purse, right?" He opened the bag. "Wand--check, Keys-check, portkey--check, doubloon--check, wallet--check. I think it's all here."

When Jack called about the steps, Brian went to where Jack had disappeared to.

"You think James got away through that cellar?" Brian asked. He went down the stairs and saw that the steps had a door to the cellar and a padlocked hatchway. He went to pull on the lock and found it to be disgustingly slimy. "Ew!" he said, revolted. He sniffed the slime on his hand. "Smells like...I don't know. Bacon fat? Pork fat? You don't suppose somehow he got through that way, and maybe he has a follower who locked up for him to slow us down from following? If that's the case, there's a chance someone is watching us still--somewhere."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22554
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:21 am

Jack saw Brian with the clutch and opened his mouth to say something but instead just chuckled. " was only going to say it suited you" he said smirking.

Following Brian he looked at the lock "Maybe, His scent is faint, and yuck" he said shying away from touching it himself. " who ever it is needs to bathe, seriously." he waved his hand in front of his face.

" since my...brothers gone , I think we should get back to our girls." he said "Now I got you alone I have a question ...um..how did you woo Khaat..I..um am interested in...some one and well we've had one date and she's agree for a second but I don't want to copy my first?" he babbled out.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:33 am

"Tell me you didn't lead me down these steps to ask me that," Brian laughed. "Look, I've seen the way she looks at you and the way you look at her. Maybe you need to look at asking her to go someplace with you for the day. Try someplace like Ireland--in the country. The trees would be beautiful this time of year. Tell her to take a bag with her, just in case you two decide to stay the night, and then, find one of those old style, romantic hotels, have a nice dinner, and just see where it goes. If you stay the night, then stay the night. After her run in with James, she could use some distance between the two of you and your brother. It's what I would do if I were you. Sometimes it is just the change of scenery that can make a difference."

He took out the handkerchief from his pocket and wiped his hand off.

"I have to tell you, I'm going to be very glad to get home and wash my hands--starting at the top of my head and going down to my feet," he grinned. "I am a little concerned about Khaat's leg. If I'm right, she sprained her ankle and did something to her knee. Not sure if she damaged her kneecap or a tendon. I couldn't tell. I asked Robert to take a better look at it. All I could feel was a lot of irritation and inflammation in that knee. He'll be able to tell us more--I hope. I'm sure it was from the fall down these stupid steps. And with her heels. That sure didn't help. You ready to go home?" He reached for the portkey to take them home.

(you can take them home if you want)
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:50 am

Jack shook his head " no I followed James scent down here, I just thought with you being with Khaat you could give me some advice" he said and listened to Brian talk as he walked around the small basement.

He heard Brian talk about Khaat's knee and ankle and nodded " yeah I hope there's not too much damage, she might be off it for a wile, might need to take some of your own advice and take her some place to recover." he said then paused " hey why don't we take the girls away some place, that way I get time with Jess and Khaat gets rest?" he suggested walking over to Brian.

" Oh I know what you mean, this place is gross." he said kicking a dead rat across the room. Taking out his port key he moved close to Brian and ported them back to the ranch.

"Okay, I'm off to wash away that gunk and check on Jess, oh and Brian think about my suggestion . " he moved to the stairs and headed up to Jess's room even though he didn't have a room of his own he wanted to stay close to her so knew she'd not mind if he used her bathroom to wash up and change.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:02 am

"Yeah," Brian said. "That might be the thing. She might enjoy that."

He was every bit as glad as Jack to get back home. Jack mentioned again thinking about a weekend for the four of them.

"I'll ask her," Brian promised. "Goodnight, Jack." He went inside and didn't see Khaat anywhere, nor Robert for that matter. He frowned and went into the kitchen and found Angus there working on dough for morning. "Where is Khaat? And Robert?"

"Kate came and she and Robert took Khaat up to the bedroom. I think they were going to help her get comfortable for bed," Angus said.

"What did he say about her knee?"

"He thinks she's blown her meniscus," he said. Brian groaned. The meniscus was such a little piece of cartilege but if it was torn, it was exceptionally painful. Muggles often needed surgery to repair it. For wizards, it could still be not an instant repair and required physical therapy. He wanted to see what Robert believed it would need.

"Now, now, we're not muggles, remember. If anyone can keep this from being a long hairy thing, it's Robert. Oh, and our new guy will be here in a few minutes."

"Who is this new guy?"

"Marcus Belby."

"Ravenclaw Marcus Belby? That Belby?" Brian frowned. "He's a bookworm."

"Your father was specific. You think he hired Khaat a librarian?"

"Pretty much," Brian sighed, unimpressed. "Alright. Let me know when he arrives."

"Or shall I just give him a blanket and a pillow in the study so he can get right to the books?" Angus teased.  Brian rolled his eyes at Angus and went upstairs and found the bedroom door ajar. When he went in, Khaat was in a pair of pink satin floral pajama shorts with a matching camisole. It was a set she'd bought for a trip he'd taken her on to Venice--the trip that had changed it all for them where love finally had blossomed for them. He had fond memories of that trip.

Robert had put some pillows under Khaat's leg and he was handing her a glass.

"Here. Drink. It'll help," Robert said. Khaat didn't question it but drank it and set the glass on the nightstand. Brian wondered what sort of potion Robert believed would help this. "I'll leave you a bit of sleep potion in case it gets testy for you. If it gets too uncomfortable, ask Brian to relieve the pain for it, and I'll check it again in the morning."

"Are you sure we should be going back to the farm?" Kate frowned.

"Well, I'm not going until I talk to Belby," Robert said.

"How did it go, Brian?" Kate asked. "Did you find her bag?"

"I did," Brian said, "and Jack found where James escaped to. It seems he went down the catacombs."

"Well, that's a disgusting place," Robert said. "Figures. Most likely has some sort of hideaway down there somewhere. Still, well done."

"And her leg?"

"Sprained her ankle. You were right on that. Tore the medial collateral meniscus. It's swelling and bruising, but that's to be expected. Bloody painful business and between that and the sprain, I'm sure she'd rather be able to take her leg straight off. I've set some spells to start to reduce some of the swelling and pain, but she still could have discomfort tonight."

"Is that what the potion was for?"

"Oh, that was very technical," Robert said. Kate rolled her eyes.

"Aspirin powder," Kate told Brian.

"You can take the edge off for her if she gets uncomfortable," Robert said. I'll stop by in the morning and see if the swelling is down enough that I can start to repair the tear. In the meantime, she's not to be on it. You'll need to get her a set of crutches."

"There's a pair in storage somewhere I think," Brian said. "From when I broke my leg."

"Oh, yes. I forgot about that."

"Broke your leg?" Khaat asked.

"On assignment in Rome," Brian said.

"I had to send Michael in to get him out," Robert said. "That was a nasty break too. Are you sure you have the crutches?"

"Somewhere," Brian said.

"I won't need them tonight," Khaat said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Belby Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:27 pm

Marcus had gotten an owl from Robert. It had been simple.

"We'll need you sooner than expected. How soon can you come?"

He had already talked to Robert about the job. He had been on assignment guarding Bulgaria's Minister of Magic, on loan from England. But now he had had a chance to come home, and he had taken it. He had needed to come home, and this came about just at the right moment. It seemed opportune. Besides that, he had seen coverage about the Lupin woman in the papers. He found her stunningly beautiful. Hm..to guard an aging minister who really didn't need him anymore, or to guard a real stunner who did appear to genuinely need protecting. That had been a quick and easy choice.

He needed to be home because he had a new daughter--well, new to him anyway. Ana Levski had finally seen fit to tell him that he had fathered her daughter ten years ago when they had been romantically involved. They were both married to other people but neither of them had spouses that were worth anything, and they were both lonely. What had happened between them was fiery and passionate, and as much as Marcus had hoped to capture that and keep it, Ana had left him to go back to her husband. Marcus had not pursued her. And now, she was leaving again, and he suddenly had Poppy to take care of, along with the four children he and his wife had had. He had been separated from his wife for the last ten years. In fact Poppy was the same age, almost down to the day, as his youngest son, Ezra. It was a testament to Marcus's prowess with both women, he supposed. Well, Ana had left him rather suddenly. He'd woken up after what he had thought was one of the best nights they'd ever had to find her gone completely. So, he'd gone home and had spent the next night with his wife to console himself, unknowingly fathering two children almost simultaneously. It was one of the last night's he'd ever spent with his wife too, thank goodness. He was glad to be away from her, even though they were still legally married. He didn't see her anymore unless they just ran across each other by accident.

So, he had a chance to work for one of the wealthiest new couples in wizarding England who also happened to be the daughter of his boss, so he'd packed his duffel bag and he'd gone. He had used the portkey that Robert had provided him. He found himself now standing in the living room of what was clearly a log home of some sort. He was trying to get his bearing when a dark haired man came in.

"You must be Belby," the man smiled.

"I am," Marcus said.

"Angus Donohue, I run the estate," he shook hands with Marcus. "Nice to meet you. Robert will be down shortly. Thank you for coming so quickly."

"Trouble with the werewolf?"

"Yes. He went after Robert's daughter and her friend, Jess Dark Angel, also one of our employees."

"It's not a full moon. Were they hurt?"

"Jess got some pretty deep scratches from him, and Khaat hurt her knee and her ankle when he tossed her down some outside stairs. It could surely have been far worse. Still, we want our women to be safe."

"Of course, and the Lupin woman is still his main interest?"

"Seems to be," Angus replied.

"He must be barking," Marcus sighed.

"Probably," Angus agreed. "How about some coffee or tea. I just made fresh."

"No thanks, not yet. Tell me about this place," Marcus said.
Marcus Belby
Marcus Belby
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 182
Special Abilities : Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Gently pushing open her door he saw her laid on her side on the bed and he could not help but smile Once showered and changed he turned and walked back down the stairs seeing a new person talking to Angus.

Jack looked over at the man then walked over. " Hey Angus." he said " new guy?" he asked folding his arms across his chest. " names Jack, Jack Black heart." he held out his hand still eyeing him with suspicion, he knew Robert wouldn't let just anyone come to the ranch and that eased him a little but his protectiveness of Khaat and Jess was on alert with what had happened to them.

"Hey Angus, you making any more of those cookies?" He asked " I'm starved, we left before I could get any steak" t this his stomach growled loudly "Sorry I have a big appetite." he said with a grin.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Belby Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:59 pm

"Marcus Belby," Marcus replied, shaking hands with Jack. "Nice to meet you."

"Of course, Jack," Angus said. "In the cookie jar, and there's fresh tea and coffee. I figured this might be a long night. Help yourself." Before Angus could tell him about the estate, Robert came down the stairs, followed by a younger man with blonde hair. That, he presumed was Lupin's son in law. He looked strangely familiar.

"Glad you could make it, Marcus," Robert said, shaking hands. "I see you've met Angus and Jack. This is my son in law, Brian Quinn."

"Quinn--Gryffindor?" Marcus asked.

"Yes. It's been awhile, Belby," Brian said, shaking hands. "You've changed a bit."

"Just a little," Marcus cast him a bit of a smile.

"Robert says you're up to the task of coming between my wife and a crazed werewolf?"

"If I must, then, yes," Marcus said. "The job is to keep her safe, so, I'll do whatever I need to do."

"My thought is that if we can have Marcus focus on keeping her safe, that frees us to find a way to get James to leave her be, if we can. Or whatever other plan we need to use," Robert said. He wasn't mentioning that he thought killing James was definitely a distinct possibility.

"So tell me about yourselves," Marcus said, as Robert motioned for them all to sit.
Marcus Belby
Marcus Belby
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:08 pm

Jack moved to the cookie jar and took out a cookie, eating it he walked back and saw Robert and Brian had arrived. He listened to them talking and chuckled " you don't know my brother, once obsessed he never gives up until he gets what he wants." Jack said sitting down in a high back chair to finish his cookie.

Leaning back in the chair he spoke again "Think Grayback but worse, hes driven and well absolutely a hundred percent bat shit crazy." he finished his cookie and looked at the men " oh yea hes kinda my brother, but he sees me as inferior , a runt because I chose to keep my humanity, which I have to add has gotten easier thanks to Jess, Khaat and Robert being around" now he sat watching Marcus wondering what he would say.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Belby Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:24 pm

"Well, we can't pick our siblings, can we?" Marcus said. "And he thinks you're the runt. How big is this bloke?"

"7'2" in human form, according to Ministry records, and taller yet when he transforms," Robert said.

"So--you're brother's a tree," he said sarcastically.

"Pretty much," Angus laughed.

"What's his deal with your wife?" he asked Brian.

"He's infatuated with her," Brian said. "And, obviously, he can't have her."

"Certainly not. Tell me about this attack tonight," he said. Brian and Robert laid out the facts.

"I'm glad they weren't hurt worse. They sound like they're both strong and brave women. That really will help," Marcus said. "So my job is to protect the women?"

"Jack will undoubtedly protect Jess--as much as she will allow herself to be protected," Robert said. "The issue is that Brian has so many responsibilities, and so do I, and so does Khaat, that we can't be around her all the time, and she's a busy woman. She needs a bodyguard, and that's where you come in."

"Has she ever had one before?"

"No."

"Then she needs to know how I work. Where she goes, I go. I don't care about propriety. She's married, and I get that. I know my boundaries, but if I see more than she likes--or that you like--you all need to just get over it. If you want her safe, then you need to understand that she's not going to be alone, regardless." Brian frowned, not sure he liked that.

"And that's why you're one of the best. Agreed," Robert said.

"Agreed?" Brian frowned. "Wait. Aren't I supposed to be the one who agrees here?"

"Not when I'm paying him," Robert said flatly. "We're agreed, Belby."
Marcus Belby
Marcus Belby
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum