Potions
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Potions Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Potions

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Potions Empty Potions

Post by Founder Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:08 am

Term of Potions started!

Hello students, I'm Ms. Andrews, your potions professor, and head of Slytherin house. First let me tell you the rules of my class. Nobody is to talk here, if I hear anyone utter a single word other than required in the class, there house marks will be deducted. So be careful. And there will be no cheating on the lessons. I can well understand. If you cheat then you'll receive -20 for your house, and I don't think that your house mates would be too happy about it. And very single active student will attend my clss. They will be awarded 20 to 50 points for each lesson. So our first lessons starts today. This lesson will depend on love potion.

Now tell me the characteristics of love potions, I'll award on 40 points. Include your source, i.e. the site from which your getting the information. I know that you can't make out the charcteristics from your head, And if you can translate them on your own words, then, I'll award you more points.

Last edited by on Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Founder

Number of posts : 4824

https://www.pottersarmy.net

Back to top Go down

Potions Empty Re: Potions

Post by Darren Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:24 am

sticky or announce this)

There are many love potions of different strengths, the most strongest bieng amortentia. Does not really causes the person who drinks it to fall in love with someone, as it is impossible to manufacture or imitate love. A love potion simply causes the drinker to develop a powerful infatuation or obsession with the target.Love potion can be strengthened as it grows older and love potions also depend on the attractiveness of the person giving the potion.
Darren
Darren

Number of posts : 22273
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Leglimens,

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:35 am

Um, very good Darren, but did you use a source for this, if you have then please put it in your post.
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:58 pm

oh thats hp lexicon...
Darren
Darren

Number of posts : 22273
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Leglimens,

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:44 pm

"Also, one interesting thing about the love potion is that it smells different to every person." Jemma said. She tried to think of something else, but Darren had already said most things about the love potion.

Potions Qw9nLyk
~ enjoying her sixties ~ divination professor & head of hufflepuff ~ single ~ seer ~
~ biography ~ thread tracker ~

Set made by me. Want one? Accepting requests here.
Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 6601
Special Abilities : Seer, Occlumens, Apparation and Astral Projection.

http://www.zazzle.com/magicalmalteaser*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:51 pm

Thereza narrowed her eyes upon those who spoke in this lesson. Theyw ere all indee correct, but she just couldn't see how any of them seemed to forget to mention their sources. `How hard can it be?´ she thought as she flipped through her mind as a book, to see whether she could find anymore information.

Rising her hand in the air for the professor to see, she spoke softly as she spoke of the love potion. "Love potion, also called Amortentia, as he said, is the most powerful Love potion in the world to this day, because it brings the person who drinks it into an obsession with the first person he or she sees. It has a distinctive mother-of-pearl sheen, and steam rises from it in characteristic spirals. It has a different aroma to everyone who smells it, as she said. That si beacsue each person has a different thought over what they find the most attractive. The potion is also mostly made of Ashwinder eggs." With that she ended her speaking to let the students and the professor suck her words in. Then, she spoke again, "I got that information from the MuggleNet.Com"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:16 am

Thi one is just totally perfect! Now as many of you didn't submit the lessons, so you won't win any points, but for them who did,

Slytherin=20
Ravenclaw=30
Hufflepuff=10
Ravenclaw=0
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:08 am

[[Um, no Ravenclaws has attented this class, I think. Thereza is a Slytherin. Or is that a rule that ones character has to be in the same House as the member? In my case that would make Thereza a Ravenclaw instead, but I'm not sure, please help! ]]

Thereza smiled brightly at the professors kind words. She knew she had it in her, and wasn't so shy either to make her sound like this little know-it-all. It just happens so that she discovered one of her friends making this potion last year and in promise to keep her mouth shut about that part, she could stay and help, and through that experrience she now knew a little of this potion, and of course through mugglenet.com.
Waiting for the professor to continue the lesson, she looked down at her parchment and drew her name at the right corner of it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:15 am

Actually yes, the character has to be in the same house as the member, so points goes to Ravenclaw. Don't worry, you still can be evil, Laughing
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:38 pm

[[OoC: Oh, I see. I changed that by the way, hehe. I didn't see that fact in the rules? That each character has to be in the same House as the member. Or is it just me who got all blind]]

Thereza looked down at her drawin and waited passiently for the professor to continue her lesson. To her, when no one in the classroom said a word, was just a waste of time. Either students would speak up, or the professor would continue on her lesson, so why not do that?
She made sure she didn't let her face show off what she was thinking, but inside she was burning after to glare at the professor and tell her to continue the lesson, but she was a Ravenclaw and she had to act that way.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top