Blue skies are calling me
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Blue skies are calling me Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Blue skies are calling me

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Blue skies are calling me Empty Blue skies are calling me

Post by Lily Luna Potter 1st gen Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:25 pm

That had been a hard night. Lily had not gone in with a plan - which, in hindsight, would have helped to have - and had ended up feeling a new sense of obligation when she finally left that night. Apollo had allowed her to treat him to a big pie as he told her about the school year, the business, Christian's accident, everything she had missed. She could see the exhaustion in his eyes when she apparated him back so she had let him go off to bed.

Before he went though, she had to remind him...

"I mean it, Apollo. I'll be around." He didn't look like he believed her. "Can I stop by tomorrow?"

She was certain he didn't believe her, but she had followed through, stopping by with coffee and a chat until she also had to go. There was still a heavy darkness between them, born from his distrust and her inability to ignore that sentiment. But he let her stick around until she had to go do work of her own.

She knew she needed to see Christian. It would break her promise to Apollo if the Hufflepuff just walked in on her hanging out with his twin after so much silence. So she sent him a note, asking if she could drop by the shop around lunchtime, instructing both Zabinis to keep an empty stomach. Her offer did not go refused, so she arrived a bit before noon, her boxes of Chinese takeout wrapped up in a bag.

She slipped through the store, bell ringing. She headed for the back and stopped at the counter, tapping the bell. While she probably felt comfortable enough with the arrangement to head right into the staff room, she figured it might be good to give Christian a head start.

Lily Luna Potter 1st gen
Lily Luna Potter 1st gen
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 431

Back to top Go down

Blue skies are calling me Empty Re: Blue skies are calling me

Post by Christian Zabini Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:25 am

Apollo was actually there first. He had just finished putting out their newest shipment of gloves and was making his way to the back when he saw Lily walk in. The bell sounded and he ended up at the desk just as his brother was opening the door to the back office. Although he'd received the note in question, of course, he actually wasn't sure that he believed she would show up. Apollo hadn't said anything when Christian voiced that fear, but he'd silently noted that they were indeed quite similar.

Apollo hadn't moved out or anything, but he was starting to think that she had just agreed to his list in order to placate him for the time being. Either way, he half wanted to forget the whole rant he'd made before they had gone out to the pub, if only because it would mean that he hadn't spoken against his family or suggested that Christian was up to no good. He wasn't sure what Lily would think of that, and he didn't want to find out.

So when Christian came out and saw Apollo eyeing Lily a bit warily, he slowed his steps and rested his forearms across the top of the counter, looking between the two of them.

"Okay," he began slowly, determined to remain casual. He wasn't actually sure what he was feeling in that moment. Surprise? Confusion? Irritation? Christian didn't really hold grudges, though he did feel rather hurt, still. It was hard to push those feelings away, though he was pretty sure he was supposed to be able to.

"Yes?" Apollo asked slowly, sarcastically.

Christian frowned at him. "What, exactly is happening here? Are you here because of Ace?"

It was Apollo's turn to look conflicted. What did his brother think this was about, anyway? Although Apollo hadn't explained, he thought that Lily would have. Maybe she had and he just hadn't understood. Crossing his arms over his chest and looking - in Christian's opinion - sufficiently guilty, Apollo turned his gaze on Lily.
Christian Zabini
Christian Zabini
Fifth Year Hufflepuff
Fifth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 231

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Luna Potter 1st gen Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:35 am

And there was Apollo. She felt like the world had come to a halt as they regarded each other, and she almost wondered if this was some wolfish side effect, the distrust and the territorial feeling that seemed to blossom between them. She wanted to see it melt away but she also knew that this was okay. This was going to be the buffer that kept him from shattering him.

Again.

The left corner of her lip lifted in a soft smile, and then her head turned at Christian's approach, and the world jerked back into movement again. She turned her smile towards Christian, though there was something faded in it, even though it attempted to widen. But he was looking awkward, almost concerned, and her smile faded.

It turned into an almost comical exchange, her looking between the twins, Christian looking between brother and Lily, Apollo looking between Lily and Christian. Yes, it would be funny. If a dark cloud had not been following her for the past few years, infecting the Zabini twins as well.

The mention of Ace caused a look of confusion on Lily's face. "Longbottom?" she clarified. Her mind moved quickly, recalling Apollo's fears regarding the Longbottom girl. She shook her head and lifted the bag. "I brought lunch." She offered a placating smile, not looking at Apollo but hoping the brainwaves of I got this were reaching him. "I wanted to catch up. I've been... horrid at being a friend."
Lily Luna Potter 1st gen
Lily Luna Potter 1st gen
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Apollo Zabini Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:49 pm

Apollo couldnt even cover the eye roll that followed Lily's question and his brother's response. "Of course," fell from Christian's lips and the elder twin tried not to scoff. Barely successful. But he managed.

"You do realize that your escapades with that tyrant of a Hufflepuff hardly count as Prophet-worthy news."

Christian frowned deeply in return. "Not yet."

Still, Lily was there to explain herself, sort of, and as much as Apollo wanted Christian to be angry and sarcastic, he wasn't. And that made Apollo decide to be even more angry and sarcastic to compensate for it.

"Things have been messy all around," Christian was saying. "You look much better, though. I'm glad." He then looked to Apollo for some sort of conversational guidance, correct in assuming that the pair had talked at some point in the recent past. But Apollo just stared back at him, unflinchingly unhelpful.

So Christian turned back to Lily and continued. "Any reason in particular? You aren't in trouble, are you?"

"Yes, because she would come to two non-graduates if she needed assistance. Good thing we can't use magic outside of school." Apollo cut in drily. "I'll be sure to ask you and Alice for help next time, shall I?"

"You have no idea what you're on about," Christian finally snapped, lowering his voice. Apollo was glad for the change, if only because it marked some sort of difference from the way his brother had been the last week or two. "If you knew what we were working on, you wouldn't assume things or make snide comments. You'd want to help."

Apollo's eyebrows rose at that, but he doubted very much that Christian was right. So he just shrugged, bringing an even angrier glower to the other boy's face, and turned his attention on their lunch.
Apollo Zabini
Apollo Zabini
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 646

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Luna Potter 1st gen Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:44 pm

Lily immediately felt the complication her presence put on the boy's relationship, and if only she could properly communicate that, she might have insisted upon leaving and never returning. If this was the result of her influence, it was not a good influence, not one they needed to endure.

But she had tried that, had she not? She had not gone about it the right way, sure, but they had not gotten better. According to Apollo, it had all gotten worse. So that was not an option.

Besides, there was the selfish part of her that did not want to exercise that option. But she couldn't even begin to follow that thought No, no.

What was left was adapting so that her presence wasn't a strain, but a point of comfort and help. The way the boys were acting now, though, they weren't going to make than an easy task for her.

Christian said she looked better and dipped her head with a small grimace, a thank you. He asked why she was here, but before she could answer Apollo cut in, immediately sparking anger between them. She pursed her lips, unable to get in a word even if she were the sort to talk over other people.

Lily cleared her throat. "I'm here to have lunch and catch up." She smiled. "Perhaps we can talk about what you've been doing. That tyrant Hufflepuff," she said, glancing over at Apollo, a bit of amusement tinging her face, "is actually sort of like a cousin to me. The Potters and Longbottoms are family friends." She paused. "But she's a bit tyrant-y sometimes," she said, glancing at Christian. "I'm sure you've noticed."

Merlin, it had been years since she had used her dry humor to diffuse a situation. It reminded her of arguments between Albus and James, when she would have to throw taunts at James that only Albus recognized as such whilst simultaneously vocally agreeing with James to appease him. She'd be lying if she said she didn't feel just a little at home in this position.
Lily Luna Potter 1st gen
Lily Luna Potter 1st gen
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Apollo Zabini Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:14 am

Apollo shrugged unapologetically when Lily pointed out that Ace was pretty close to her family. He should have felt a bit sorry for insulting her behind her back, but he was sick of wondering after those Hufflepuffs.

"There's not that much to say," Apollo replied before Christian could change the subject, purposefully jumping to conclusions rather than just asking. "It's pretty obvious what's going on between those two." He passed a smirk between Lily and his brother, knowing even as he did so that both could potentially be insulted by his obviously faked good humor. He wasn't impressed. He wanted Lily to be bothered by it at the same time as he hoped she couldn't care less.

Apollo couldn't actually explain his feelings about the potential blossoming whatever it was for his brother, but he knew his problem with it had to do with Lily. Even before she had come back, Christian talking about his plans made Apollo think of her and wonder. Just wonder in general, really. But he did, in that moment, want both of them to hurt because of his jab. It would mean that they cared. And if Lily appeared unaffected, then... He couldn't finish that. Because it would've been an insult to Christian and a potential compliment for himself. And that wasn't what a brother did. Particularly a brother who wished they could trade places.

"Don't joke," Christian rolled his eyes, failing to take the bait, whether he knew so or not. "We've been... Well, I doubt it's something you'd be interested in, Apollo. But if we're going to talk about it, that can't happen here. Let's go upstairs."

He picked up the lunch Lily had brought and turned, moving to the door that led to the flat. Apollo tensed, looking over at Lily and gesturing for her to go first. The question struck him: What would Christian have done or thought if he'd seen Apollo carry her up the other evening? Merlin, that sounded like far more than the event actually had been, when put like that.

Regardless, he held back and let them lead the way, closing the door behind them both times. Christian set the meal down on their kitchen table, staring at the other two in a silent sort of question. Apollo chose not to break that silence himself, instead walking over and sitting down silently, taking up the staring contest. Finally, Christian broke.

"Ace and I are breaking the law."
Apollo Zabini
Apollo Zabini
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Luna Potter 1st gen Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:49 am

Lily knew just how crazy Ace was, so she didn't mind speaking of her, just glad that she could find a bridge between the boys - express her loyalty to Ace to endear Christian, while also expressing her own mild irritation towards the Longbottom girl to remain on Apollo's side. She really didn't want to become a pawn pushed between them.

Apollo made an insinuation and Lily looked curiously between them, eyebrows raising in interest and almost acceptance, to see if this potentially held any truth. The moment she realized it was a jab, she let her eyes slide back to Apollo, squinting every so slightly. Why was he trying to make this difficult when all she wanted as to make peace? And why was he treading the dangerous ground of emotions with Christian around. It was not an issue she wanted to raise.

She let her expression smooth over, trying to remain neutral. Apollo was constantly testing her and while she understood his right, she wished he would give her just an ounce more of trust so she could prove her worth.

Christian moved on swiftly and Lily immediately noticed the shift in the younger brother's attitude. Once slightly morose and dreamy, he seemed to be decisive and eager to move. She turned to Apollo to note the change but found him watching her - he must have inherited the former traits from his brother.

Ugh.

Screw this. Screw the sad looks and the uncertainty. She turned to Apollo, free of observers, and gave him a small smile, a smile that was sad but in its sadness true and genuine and hopeful, a smile only Lily could offer, a smile just for him.

"Looks like we might get to List Item Number 4," she said. 1. Get out of here. 2. A break. 3. Deal with dad. 4. Let alone Christian. "Come on," she said, her voice soft.

She turned and followed Christian, truly curious as to what had infected the Hufflepuff. Christian sat and the boys immediately fell into a staring contest. Her eyes moved between them and then to the food, beginning to pull out plates and unload the food.

Christian spoke.

Her eyes rose to meet his, looking for the dishonesty of exaggeration. It wasn't there. She glanced to Apollo, who she knew was about to have his worst fears confirmed.

Maybe it was time for a joke again.

"Brilliant."
Lily Luna Potter 1st gen
Lily Luna Potter 1st gen
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Apollo Zabini Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:53 pm

Apollo frowned slightly at Lily's comment, understanding what she meant but not feeling entirely comfortable with it. As much as he did want that space and that freedom, he wasn't actually sure, now, that he wanted it to come from his offending his brother. That wasn't entirely his intention, to be fair.

It was efficient, though.

When Christian spoke, Apollo's eyebrows lifted sharply and he sank into the chair he had chosen, completely disbelieving. Lily's response was basically a nothing-reply, because it gave Apollo nothing to go off of or agree with. She didn't even suggest that it was dangerous, which irked him slightly.

Yes, Apollo was annoyed with how little he knew about what Christian was up to. Yes, he was concerned that it would be something bad and concerning. And it was both of those things turning into him knowing too much and understanding just how much trouble his brother could get into. He was grateful, though, that he hadn't been brought into it until now. Even if that made him a sort of awful person-slash-sibling.

"Excuse me?" He asked finally, unable to ask a proper question.

Christian swallowed visibly, apparently refusing to sit down. "Ace wants to rebuild the PA. Most of the members are missing with that stupid train's disappearance, and others are stuck at Ilvermorny because of the ferry messing up. The exchange ones, you know? So we're practicing magic with the few students we've found to help us."

"Outside of school," Apollo said, more a deadpan than a question.

"Yes. We've, um, we've got the leader of the Order helping us. Connolly. And Jack Dyllan. So it's pretty safe. The place we meet has wards like mad all over it and Oliver's co-worker let us take it over. So it's pretty safe, but... That's where we disappear to."

"How do you know you can trust them? I thought Connolly left the Order."

"Well," Christian said, finally sitting as he seemed to realize Apollo was cooling off. "He did. But he's back now. I think he's claiming that someone else is leading it. Or they haven't said. I don't think he wants people to know it's him, this time. His girlfriend might get targeted, or something. I don't remember the whole reason."
Apollo Zabini
Apollo Zabini
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Luna Potter 1st gen Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:13 pm

Yes, Lily had opinions. Lily had some strong feelings where the group Potter's Army was concerned, distinct opinions when it came to the Zabini boys between her. Of course she cared to know how her name was being represented, how her father's legacy was being continued. Of course it mattered to her that the students of both schools were safe - Casey was stuck somewhere on that stupid island. Besides, there seemed to be nothing in place to keep kids safe, and as someone who had fallen between the cracks herself, she wanted people to be self sufficient enough to protect themselves. And of course she wanted the Zabini twins to reconcile. She wanted them to be happy to make up for all the happiness she had robbed them of.

Yes, she had an opinion. But she wasn't about to assume she had any right to one where these two were concerned. Apollo had been right in a lot of ways. She had lost her right to their lives in so many ways, and she wasn't going to forget that and drive a deeper wedge all at the same time.

So she focused on the food, doling out the portions onto each of the three plates before sliding them over, complete with chopsticks and sporks, the latter just in case.

She wanted to reach out, tell them that when it came down to it, none of these little reasons to be mad at each was worth it. She hadn't spoken to James, Albus, or Teddy in how long... and for what reason? She couldn't even fully explain where the break had happened. And was it worth it?

"What happens if you guys get caught?" she asked, deciding to stick with a question that could either prove Apollo's point or give Christian a chance to reassure them.
Lily Luna Potter 1st gen
Lily Luna Potter 1st gen
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Zabini Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:04 am

"Who cares what his excuse is, Christian?" Apollo countered, only to hear Lily's question and force himself to quell the anger bubbling up within him. "That puts you both in danger."

"It was my idea to ask for Connolly's help. Ace's plan but my suggestion," the younger brother retorted seriously before turning to Lily. "I don't think we will. But... It could be pretty bad. Snapped wand and worse I'm sure."

Apollo frowned. "When they shun you to the Mugglw world, don't come crying to me."

Christian rolled his eyes but sent his brother a withering look. "Oh please. You wouldn't help even if I asked you to."

The Slytherin didn't respond, glancing towards Lily and thinking of his list. If he wanted to, he could say something right then and ensure that he had to move out. He knew what words would do the trick. But he had a strange feeling that Lily would feel uncomfortable with it. That she would think less of him for it. And apparently he didn't want that, he realized. But before he could say anything, Christian gazed curiously at Lily, narrowing his eyes, and spoke up.

"Do you - I mean, would you want to help?" He asked her. "We need more people, and I know you've graduated, but-"

"Don't be silly." Apollo cut in. "Why would she put herself at risk like that?"

"Her family is over there, git. I don't know what your deal is," Christian gestured between the pair of them, "but whatever it is, you aren't more important than this, Apollo. Just because you're too stubborn and afraid of sticking your neck out there for someone doesn't mean you've got everything figured out."

Although Apollo stood up and leaned forward, primed to shout at him, Christian turned towards Lily too quickly and asked again.

"Lily, we need help. Please?"
Christian Zabini
Christian Zabini
Fifth Year Hufflepuff
Fifth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 231

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top