That's the beauty of a secret - You know you're supposed to keep it
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

That's the beauty of a secret - You know you're supposed to keep it Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

That's the beauty of a secret - You know you're supposed to keep it

View previous topic View next topic Go down

That's the beauty of a secret - You know you're supposed to keep it Empty That's the beauty of a secret - You know you're supposed to keep it

Post by Katrien Faulkner Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:26 pm

"Mo, what do you think about this one?" Ev showed a book filled with font examples in Imogen's lap almost spilling a bottle of red nail polish. She layed sprawled on Imogen's bed for last couple of hours and searched for perfect font for her new tattoo while catching up with her sister at the same time.

Ev yawned, ever since her encounter with Alejandro she had trouble sleeping, something this Blackburn never had before, and turned to the side glancing at Imogen who was fully concentrated on getting her toe nails painted in the same colour as her nails on hands. "Mo, are you listening me?" She opted for taking a pillow and playfully hitting her baby sister, but that nail polish was her favourite, and as such too precious to spill.

"I need a coffee, want one?" Before her sister could reply Eviolette stood up and disappeared in kitchen. While she waited for water to boil she pulled creamer from the fridge, realizing they need to go shopping soon or they'll end with no food in apartment as there was only a jar of pickles and ketchup left in the fridge.

Eviolette made two mugs of coffee, adding a whole lot of creamer in Mo's mug, just like she liked and leaving her coffee bitter. She lifted the mugs in the air with the spell and returned to Imogen's bedroom navigating the mugs so they wouldn't hit wall, and smoothly placing them on a table in the room. She lifted her mug to her lips and took a gulp of warm liquid. "Earth to Imogen, coffee is here." Ev smiled after swallowing her gulp waiting for Mo to reach for her mug like a junkie craving for a fix.
Katrien Faulkner
Katrien Faulkner
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 83

Back to top Go down

That's the beauty of a secret - You know you're supposed to keep it Empty Re: That's the beauty of a secret - You know you're supposed to keep it

Post by Imogen Blackburn Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:04 pm

Imogen was very concentrated on painting her toe nails. Seriously, who woman doesn't understand how important it is that the nails on the hands and feet are perfect, and of course in the same color?
She winced when the book fell on her lap and almost spilled her favorite nail polish. When she finally continued with painting, a pillow struck her in the head and that was enough to momentarily lost her balance and fell on the bed laughing.

"Hey! Slow down! It took me months to find this shade of red that goes well with my hair color!" she shook her head and looked into the font that Ev was trying to show her.
"It's nice, but it looks the same as the last one for which you said it's too flamboyantly" she shook her head and sighed.
"I'd really like to have one small tattoo, but I'm afraid. I envy you because you dare to do so much tattoos!" She frowned a little before she returned painting her nails.

At one point she looked around but Ev wasn't in the room. Strangely, Imogen doesn't remember when she came out.
Well, she will certainly be back soon. She shrugged and concentrated on repairing nail on the little finger that looked like an ordinary big red stain that is caused when her eldest sister very childish hit her with the pillow in the head.

After a few minutes, she again heard Ev's voice and grinned when she saw the coffee on the table.
"You made the coffee!" shee clapped her hands cheerfully and immediately put down her nail polish on the table and reached for the cup.
It's bitter and with lots of whipped cream, just as she likes. Unfortunately, she is sometimes clumsy and was now completely stained with the cream around the lips as a child.

"What happens to you, Kat? These days you seem very tired. You know you need a lot of sleep in order to stay beautiful?" she looked reproachfully at her sister before she took another sip of her coffee.
Imogen Blackburn
Imogen Blackburn
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 151

Back to top Go down

That's the beauty of a secret - You know you're supposed to keep it Empty Re: That's the beauty of a secret - You know you're supposed to keep it

Post by Katrien Faulkner Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:28 pm

"It's nothing, I'm alright. Drink your coffee, young lady, because we're going out." She smiled sadly. Eviolette wanted nothing less than to to burden her sister with her problems. Ev would solve them anyways, it was one of things she did the best, probably the only thing, besides chemistry.

Ev put her mug on the desk and stood up, stretching her body, then walked towards the corner of the room and pulled clean clothes from her backpack, she turned towards her sister with crunched shirt in her fists. "We'll be leaving in 15 minutes, I can't tell you we're we heading to because it's surprise, yet dress cozy. You'll see why."

She entered the bathroom for quick shower knowing they won't leave for next 60 minutes, at least, Imogen would want to finish painting her nails, then she'd need extra 30 minutes to fine some clothes she wanted to wear. After stripping down to her underwear Eviolette stopped in front of mirror, she looked more or less the same like she looked before she left, couple of tattoos and pounds more were the only indicator of how much time had passed. Gazing at milky white skin under her collarbone she tried to imagine how exactly would tattoo look like once she makes it but she couldn't imagine it. It wasn't strange, though, she could never do that before, yet she thought it would be easier to imagine those six letters embedded in her mind on her skin, just above her heart, right where they belong. Sighing, she pulled down the rest of her clothes and stepped in the shower.

"Mo? Are you ready to leave?" She called from bathroom while twisting her eyelashes with a spell, before leaving the bathroom and going to find her sister.
Katrien Faulkner
Katrien Faulkner
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Imogen Blackburn Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:01 pm

"We are going out? Where are we going?" looked at her older sister and forced herself to smile.
She grew up with Ev, namely Katrien, and know when something is wrong. Shee knows how to recognize that sad smile, but also knows when not to be further examined. Ev will surely solve it, it goes out of hand.

"15 minutes?" Imogen exclaimed shocked. She can not be ready for only 15 minutes!
"Comfortable for what, every exit requires appropriate clothing. Ev just tell me where we're going!" she looked pleadingly at her sister and smiling sweetly as a child. She frowned when Ev went to the bathroom, it is obvious that she will not say anything.
After finishing with nail polishing, she got up and ran to her closet in panic because she knew that could not be quickly put on.
Fortunately, Imogen has enchanted all her nail polish so that dry instantly and can move freely.
She pulled out of the closet for five jeans that someone would say that they are identical, but of course it is not.
One has larger pockets, one small, one only have pockets on the buttocks, one shallow. Oh, and have different shades.
She tied her hair in a bun as she pulled out a dozen different shirt.
All this watched carefully and match the order to make them look the best combination.
After what looked to her like, 5 seconds, she heard her sister's voice.
"Of course not! I will be soon, I promise!" she quickly took off her clothes and finally decided on a bright blue jeans and appropriate blouse that was the same color as her eyes.
She sat on a chair and sighed. This is probably her fastest-ever preparing, someone should write it down in the Guinness Book of Records, it really causes stress.
Put on makeup and wearing proper heels and then took off headband from hair.

"I'm ready. You know, this creates stress! It is illegal to force a person to get ready in 15 minutes!" she said indignantly and then drank the rest of her coffee and waited for Ev to go first because Imogen had no idea where they are going.
Imogen Blackburn
Imogen Blackburn
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Katrien Faulkner Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:10 pm

"Stop asking questions when you know I won't answer. It's a surprise, silly." Eviolette chuckled and sat on fluffy pink tabouret next to the window, removing a few pairs of of Imogen's shirts from it and placing them in the wardrobe. It was a pointless act since she guessed Imogen will pull it out of the closet and try it before the day is done. Yet she simply needed to clean the mess when she saw it, it was a habit she could never get rid of.

Eviolette glanced outside, seeing Kouen and Kaia playing in the garden. "Imagine we're going in a park, or for a run, that's all I'll tell you." She was concerned for their safety, fearing that they'll fall down from a tree they're trying to climb up before she realized how stupid that was considering they are kittens and that it's natural for them to climb on a tree. Even if they fall, the distance between ground and the tree is quite low so they won't hurt themself. Overprotective? Maybe, even she thought she's acting like a control freak but she couldn't help herself.

The woman stood up and walked towards her sister, silently approving her clothes. "I believe it is, if they voted that law in last couple of hours, because I don't remember hearing about it." Eviolette smiled and took her sister's hand. "It's too cold for walking dressed like this. I'll take us there." She waited for Imogen to agree before they aparated.

"Don't think about it, just come in." Eviolette pulled her sister's hand, hoping she won't run away like Ev guessed she wanted to and opened the door of tattoo parlor. "You don't need to get a tattoo if you don't want it, but I have an appointment now and I'd like if you could accompany me." She walked in breathing fresh sterile air that reminded her of air in her lab. Greeting the tattoo artist she turned to face her sister. "Mo, do you want to come in?" She held the door open for her sister, while waiting to see if she'll keep her company or not.
Katrien Faulkner
Katrien Faulkner
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Imogen Blackburn Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:24 pm

"You know, I like surprises only when they include a pair of new heels for me!" blonde protested but somehow she knew that there is not much benefit from it. Eviolette sometimes can be very mysterious and that was annoying.
She watched her sister as she put her things in the closet. Ev really has a problem with cleanliness, which is pointless because Mo just thrown her stuff all over the room. Simply it is pointless to clean up something if you might need it later, it is logical.

"Park? Run?" blonde looked shocked at her sister. She felt as if Ev said she is preparing for a trip into space, something completely unexpected and above all uncomfortable.
"You know I hate any kind of physical activity! I plan to wear heels and I will run only if I see Ninja Turtles which are coming for me, that's all!" Imogen shook her head before finally started to choose clothes for their little trip.

Imogen laughed and shook her head, "Not yet, but I will make that law one day, you will see" winked at his sister before she held out her hand.
"Clothes should not always be functional, but only beautiful. For the beauty you need to sacrifice yourself sometimes, you know?" she shook her head disapproving just before the room disappeared before her eyes.

When she saw before her a large salon, Imogen shook her head in disbelief.
"If you're joking, I must warn you that this is not funny," she said, holding her breath, as if in the salon are toxic gases that is able to kill her at any moment.
Imogen entered in room full of needles and blood, it certainly was a stupid move.
However, more than anything else, Imogen hated to be a coward, because of that she raised her head and resolutely entered the salon, as if going into battle.
Almost running, she went to the empty chair in one corner and then sat down and felt the pulsation in the temples.
She heard the buzz machine for tattoo and it caused an uneasy feeling in blonde's stomach.
Imogen Blackburn
Imogen Blackburn
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top