Nott A Secret One Wants Heard - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Nott A Secret One Wants Heard - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Nott A Secret One Wants Heard

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nott A Secret One Wants Heard - Page 3 Empty Re: Nott A Secret One Wants Heard

Post by Anastasia Nott Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:36 pm

Upon departing from her brother and sister-in-law Anastasia had been in nothing but a strop as she'd stomped around Hogsmede cursing her family under her breath, occasionally a little louder than she realised as an elderly witch looked horrified by the language spewing out of the brunette. Not that the old witch understood the situation Anastasia found herself. The witch probably led a quiet life in a cute cottage behind The Three Broomsticks, the sort of life Ana was envious of. People may be jealous of the riches to her name but really all Anastasia wanted was to be loved and she rarely felt noticed in her home. 

Honeydukes had also been a let down. The store was closing when the Gryffindor had arrived, which was most unfortunate given how hungry she was. The last thing she ate was a salmon sandwich at lunch time. A part of Ana was regretting ever complaining about the portion of her meal. It may have been small and most certainly wouldn't have filled her but it would have dampened down the rumbles from her stomach that would probably stay there all night if she didn't find something to eat in Hogsmede - Ana was a little apprehensive about tasting the food Isadora would cook up. When has that girl ever cooked? were the assumptions running through her mind.

It was on her way to The Three Broomsticks for an excellent pub grub did the Nott girl realise how childish she was being. Besides the doorway to the pub was an old wizard. His skin was a greyish colour and the yellow of his remaining teeth were enough to tell Anastasia that he hadn't seen a dentist in a while. There was a small pile of cigarette butts by his cross legged feet and a jar that had to have no more than seven knuts inside. The man was homeless, unaware of when his next meal would even be and here she was moaning that the size of her meal hadn't been large enough. More to the point she was complaining at the fact her family didn't give her enough love, that she was done with her Father. Did this man have family? Theodore may show a lack of compassion towards his daughter but he at least provides a roof over her head. 

Turning the wallet Alexander had given her over in her hands she opened it, scooped out the, what turned out to be, sixty three galleons and four sickles and placed them into the jar and hurried away as to not see the mans reaction. As much as she would have loved to talk to him, find out as to how he had found himself in the situation he was the Gryffindor wanted to remain anonymous. There had been times when she'd dropped change into homeless hats when shopping with her Mother (when Pansy wasn't looking of course) and she'd seen many reactions. Some were unappreciative, some attempted to kiss her feet and other simply nodded with a smile and then continued to repeat the phrase 'any spare change?' None of their reactions made Anastasia happy but she knew that they needed the money more than her whether they wanted to accept it or not. At least running away would protect her from that, it would stop the mans attempts to not accept the amount she'd given him, force him to at least do something with the money even if it meant he spent it buying a toad and using it to feed his toad. Anything was better than Anastasia wasting it on an over priced meal at The Three Broomsticks. 

For a while Anastasia continued to wander the streets of Hogsmede, going over the scene that had occurred at Nott Manor in her mind. It was one thing for Theodore to ignore his daughter but today he'd certainly given her his attention, attention she'd rather not have had. Whether it had been a bad day at work or a stock market crash whatever had happened Anastasia shouldn't have had it taken out on her. Her Father's reaction to her behaviour was completely over exaggerated. She hadn't deserved that had she? 

Without realising Anastasia found herself standing outside the cottage where her brother lived. She was still hungry, had no money and didn't know how long she'd be staying at the cottage. Going into the cottage felt like the worse idea imaginable. The last time Alexander had spoken to her had been in a letter telling her to act more like a pure blood and to stop trying to impress Father or beg for quidditch tips. Still, Isadora would be there. Not that the two were best of pals but assuming the role of the wicked step sister wasn't something Anastasia was fearing from the Ravenclaw. 

Begrudgingly Anastasia opened the cottage door, calling out a 'hello' not really caring if anybody replied to her. The Gryffindor was used to the silent treatment from her Father and didn't expect anything more from Alexander. 

'It was closed.' Anastasia replied as she walked into the kitchen and pulled out Alexander's wallet from her pocket. 'Here's your wallet.' She added, tossing it into the table with a sigh and heading towards the fridge for a browse for what could satisfy her hunger. There was a lot of cheese. Perhaps she'd just have cheese on crackers and find a home in a cupboard under somebody's stairs and continue life as an outcast. 

'What do you want to eat?' Alexander asked, walking towards the fridge and peering in over his sisters shoulder. 

'I'm just going to have some cheese and crackers.' His sister replied, withdrawing a block of cheddar and taking it to the chopping board with a frown on her face. 

Alexander glanced towards Isadora for cues. He wanted to help his sister, make her feel comfortable but he wasn't sure if he would have done that had he discovered why his Father had been so angry. Would he have gave her any special treatment or sided with his Father as he usually did? Trying to act like you normally would was difficult when you were in a new situation with new information. 

'I can't be bothered.' Anastasia said midway through cutting the cheese and tossing the knife into the sink and leaving the cheese on the copping board.

'What is his problem?'

Alexander wondered when his sister would raise that familiar question. 

'He probably just had a bad day.' He shrugged, focusing his attention instead of the cheese, which he resealed and returned to the fridge keeping an effort to not look at Anastasia. Ignoring her brothers suggestion Ana continued: 

'He either ignores me, which I'm used to. Or he goes ballistic at me for no reason. I mean, come on even you can't deny that he over exaggerated! Right?' Anastasia added, looking towards Isadora this time for confirmation.  
Anastasia Nott
Anastasia Nott
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 82

Back to top Go down

Post by Isadora Malfoy-Nott Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:55 pm

Did this constitute as a normal sibling relationship? In truth, Isadora had no idea. Her relationship with her siblings was fraught enough as it was, never mind any additional scandal. Yet, she looked up to Scorpius. She had loved him passionately and would never hear a bad word said against him. Then, when she’d needed him the most, he’d not been there. So, like that, their relationship had withered away. This was different, the situation with the Notts. Whether Anastasia knew it or not, this was the time when she needed her brother most and, while it was not by his own volition necessarily, Alexander was there.

Isadora watched, the wine glass loose in her fingers, as the Gryffindor began to roughly cut the cheese. It was mystifying to the Ravenclaw why they had so much cheese in the house but she half-blamed the fact that the Ministry’s go-to ‘congratulations you’ve been great’ gifts were wine and cheese. And, in fairness, they did drink an awful lot of wine which meant cheese followed. There was a method in the madness – however not in the way Anastasia was butchering the cheddar. She abandoned it, too, not a moment later, and Isadora couldn’t help but smile, though it was hardly visible on her face.

She lifted her wand and flicked it at the knife which dried itself with a shake and resumed cutting the cheese. Crackers followed and the meal assembled itself slowly while Anastasia spoke. Isadora was quite happy to stay out of the conversation in truth but when the question was levelled at her, she opened her mouth and found no words were escaping. She hastily brought the wine to her lips and considered what she was going to say. Finally, she nodded, committing herself to no verbal agreement.

“Your brother may be right, though,” she considered smoothly, setting down the glass. “However, you didn’t deserve that. Would you like something to drink?”
Isadora Malfoy-Nott
Isadora Malfoy-Nott
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by Anastasia Nott Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:07 pm

'Thanks.' Anastasia muttered and selecting a cracker from the plate. 'A glass of wine would be fine.' She added hoping that Isadora would be more lenient than Pansy when it came to alcohol. The Gryffindor felt she deserved at least something out of the shenanigans of dinner time and her Mother always raved about how well it went with cheese. 

Taking a bite from the cracker Anastasia made sure to catch any stray crumbs  in her free hand and deposited them onto the plate with the remaining crackers. 

'How long do you think I'll be here?' Anastasia added, taking a seat at the table and stretching her legs across so they rested on the chair the opposite side beneath the table. 

'Until Father cools down I suspect. Mother will probably send an owl when it's time for you to go home.' Alexander replied.

Anastasia rolled her eyes. Everything revolved around what her parents wanted and what they thought should happen. Did it ever occur to them that Anastasia might have some thoughts about the situation and how it should be handled? Then again, she had been raised to be seen and not heard, her opinion was mute. 

'What if I don't want to go back? Can't I stay here with you guys?' Anastasia replied after swallowing the last of his cracker and selecting another. 'I hate being at that ghastly manor. Besides its not like they would notice if I wasn't around. I swear I'm adopted sometimes.'  
Anastasia Nott
Anastasia Nott
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 82

Back to top Go down

Post by Isadora Malfoy-Nott Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:11 pm

Isadora wasn’t going to begrudge the young Gryffindor anything tonight. She didn’t deserve any further unnecessary hardship and Isadora in truth felt too weary to start being belligerent. A headache was beginning to knot by her temples, the night’s events finally seemingly catching up with her. It was without complaint that she relinquished half a glass of wine for Anastasia – if only because it was in good taste to eat cheese and drink wine. She handed it over and stepped back, folding her arms over her chest as she flicked her eyes to Alexander.

Wanting. Wanting. Isadora wanted a lot of things. Initially, she had desperately wanted not to be married to Alexander. Throughout her life she had wanted the esteem of the Malfoys returned and all of the manorial privileges that entailed. She’d had none of that. Life was bitterly unfair to the blonde in that she never ever got what she want when it came to depending on others. She now had to depend only on herself if she wanted to get what she wanted. She could lean on her husband, of course, but he would not be the key to her success or her happiness. She would do it herself.

“I suppose it would not necessarily be impractical for you to remain here until Hogwarts begins again,” Isadora considered diplomatically, glancing at Alexander to try and see what he thought of the extended stay of his sister. It would be a problem really, Isadora didn’t think. She could have her room and her privacy and be free to come and go as she pleased. Isadora doubted that she and Alexander would pay any undue attention to what Anastasia got up to so perhaps … perhaps it would be good for her.

“I’m not opposed,” she prompted her husband, raising her eyebrows at him.
Isadora Malfoy-Nott
Isadora Malfoy-Nott
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Nott Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:30 pm

(OOC: Sorry for the large font on the previous posts, I had copy and pasted them from the notes in my phone).

Alexander was wishing that the evening would end prematurely. The last thing he wanted to hear were Anastasia's remarks about being adopted. Not that this was true, only in part it seemed. Seeing as Theodore wasn't her biological Father, yet had raised her as a daughter (arguably), one could say she was partly adopted. That said Anastasia didn't deserve to know the truth just yet. In fact, upon reflection, Alexander was hoping his sister would never discover her illegitimacy.  

Alexander's eyebrow quirked as Isadora suggested Anastasia stay with them until she returned to Hogwarts. What was his wife thinking? Only a moment or so his favourite Ravenclaw had been talking so much sense and now she was acting like a blundering Hufflepuff willing to take everybody in. Heck she may as well invite the homeless man outside of The Three Broomsticks to stay for a week or two.

'I don't think that you staying here for that long a time is a good idea.' Alexander interjected, speaking a lot more firmly than he had during his discussion with Isadora.

'Not that we don't want you hear.' He added as Anastasia opened her mouth to backchat, 'But you really should head home within the next week. The longer you stay the more awkward it'll be between you and Father and-'

'It's too late for that.'

'That it may be, but the last thing you want is for there to be some sort of silent divide between the pair of-'

'It's too late for that as well.' Anastasia interrupted again. 

'Well you may as well give up forming any bridge with Father hadn't you.' Alexander replied, assuming the voice of a parent who had just about given up with their childs backchat. Secretly he was really beginning to understand how Theodore felt having to communicate with such a troublesome teenager. 

'What, that's not what-'

'No, Anastasia. If you want to behave like it will be forever awkward between yourself and Father than that is no skin off my nose. I just don't want to see you mopping around the house, acting like the world owes you everything because, Frankly, you haven't done anything worth awarding yet. Isadora and I have only just started our lives together, we were good enough to invite you into our home-'

'Oh please, Alexander. You can hardly call this an invitation Mother practically threw me at you.' 

She had a point. 

'Even so we could have turned you away.'

'You wouldn't have. You'd do anything for precious Pansy.' 

'Don't talk about your Mother that way.'

'Why not? It's the truth.' 

Anastasia kicked her chair back, pushed herself up from the table. Downed the glass of wine and then headed towards the kitchen door. 

'Where are you going?' Alexander asked, 'Anastasia Nott don't ignore-'

'I'm going to the bathroom.' She replied, turning to face her brother, an arm supporting herself against the door frame. 'Unless you want me to pee all over the kitchen floor.' 

And with that Anastasia left the kitchen and the sound of her footsteps making their way up the stairs confirmed that she was in fact going to the bathroom. 

Allowing the built up air to escape through his reddened face Alexander poured himself a lass of wine, making an effort to drain each last droplet the bottle held. 

'I hope you like bratty teenagers.' Alexander muttered to Isadora before taking the largest gulp of wine he had done in a fair amount of time. 'I can't be doing with her attitude like this. I'm half thinking that maybe telling her wouldn't be the worst idea in the world. At least then she would be able to have closure on why Theodore doesn't seem to give a rats ass about her.' 

'Pardon the language...' He added taking another gulp of the elf-made wine.
Alexander Nott
Alexander Nott
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 115
Special Abilities : Apparation, Non-Verbal Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Isadora Malfoy-Nott Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:14 am

That evening had sufficed to confirm for Isadora that if she and Alexander ever reproduced then the children would be raised by House Elves until such times as they were rational human beings. Isadora had been optimistic, perhaps naively, of how Anastasia would behave. Certainly she had her fair share of temper tantrums at fifteen going on sixteen but she’d aged since then and a few added levels of bigotry prevented her from admitting to ever having had them. A part of her still felt sorry for Anastasia.

When Alexander spoke, it took all of the power in the world to prevent Isadora from rolling her eyes. When he tried to backtrack, her eyes did turn and she picked up her wine glass to hide the unimpressed grimace that had turned down her lips at the sides. She pressed her mouth into a thin line when she set the glass back down and watched the exchange between brother and sister, all the while imagining the horror that would be her life when pressed for heirs and left to entertain them.

Perhaps she’d give them sweets and feign a headache and go to bed, leaving them with Alexander. Yes, perfect.

Anastasia departed with all of the trappings of, indeed, a bratty teenager. Isadora sat back in her chair, watching Alexander as he poured out some more wine. The glugging filled the silence in the room. She got to her feet herself and picked up her glass. She set it down in the sink and decided that the evening had finally lost its appeal.

“She asked for one thing, Alexander,” Isadora said simply. “She asked for one thing from you as a brother. She’s got one Theodore. She doesn’t need a poor imitation in her life, too. You are her brother and at the very least she is owed your protection. If you tell her now then it’s not for closure at all. It’s out of spite because of the way you are feeling. You need to actually think about the way she feels about this and make provisions so that she is not banded back and forth from here to the manor when you’ve had enough or Theodore’s thrown his toys out of the pram.”

“She wants one thing from you, Alexander. To stay. For a modicum of stability, I should think, and to be around people who can do a little bit more than just suffer her presence. But so I now do not have to suffer yours, I am going to bed.”
Isadora Malfoy-Nott
Isadora Malfoy-Nott
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Nott Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:38 pm

Alexander suddenly felt as though he was back in Hogwarts being lectured again, only this time he didn't feel as though he was learning something, more being put in his place like a child and by none other than his wife? Isadora was right. He really was turning into Theodore. If it wasn't the way he spoke to Anastasia then it was the fact his wife had stole his trousers not that different from the way Pansy had. 

'I suppose I'll join you later.' Alexander stated, carefully choosing his words. What he really would have liked to say is Will I be allowed to join you? but if he did that he'd be throwing Isadora his belt to tie around the trousers she wore and to give her any more power would be embarrassing to his name. The Nott family was already at risk of being shamed with the way Theodore had behaved, Alexander didn't want the Malfoy's to swoop in and steal the throne. That would be a dishonour. 

'I'm going to head down to the Three Broomsticks. I think the air will do me well.' This was his indirect way of admitting he'd overstepped and perhaps needed to think over what he did. He was assuming responsibility for his actions whether he announced that with his hands in the air or not. 

Taking a final swig of his wine glass Alexander kissed Isadora on the top of her head and left the kitchen through the back door without another word. His slight stumble over an oversized rock as he left through the back gate suggested that a drink from The Three Broomsticks wasn't the best idea, although a bite to eat he could manage. It was still only early evening and the pub would continue to serve food until at least ten o clock. 

(OOC: I think that this is one the worst posts I've written in a while, sorry! Do you think a Pansy/Isadora thread could be interesting? Or do you have another idea as to what direction the plot could go next?)  
Alexander Nott
Alexander Nott
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 115
Special Abilities : Apparation, Non-Verbal Magic

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top