The Back Room - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Back Room - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Back Room

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The Back Room - Page 2 Empty Re: The Back Room

Post by Simon Marek Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:10 pm

"Well," Audriana put in before Ben could make some snide comment, "that's sort of the point, is it not? The idea has kinks in it, and the reason we're having this meeting at all instead of seeking people out directly is because it needs work. It needs input."

Ben, it seemed, could not keep from giving his own opinion, though. "Des, sweetheart," he offered, his tone almost saccharine, "if you don't have anything useful to put in, perhaps you shouldn't be judging the wording of what I've said, hmm?"

Audriana rolled her eyes, glancing towards Gabby and his friend, as well as their new acquaintance, Anya, hoping that someone would have some sort of suggestion for them.
Simon Marek
Simon Marek
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Number of posts : 333

Back to top Go down

Post by James Faulkner Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:51 pm

James finished up with the dragons who were being extra ornery with him today. Seeing the time knowing he didn't have time to change out of his clothes. He grabbed his jacket then apparated to Diagon Alley. Looking around he saw that he was actually far off course, groaning he exited the alley. Seeing where he was he started running towards the Leaky cauldron slipping slightly on the slush and ice. Finally he reached the Leaky out of breath and a little damp from falling a few times on his way there.

Walking in the front door then making his way around to the back room. Walking in the door then seeing his sister sat next to her. Taking off his jacket the leather he was wearing had several burn marks across the shoulder as well as the chest. "Sorry I'm late," He said to the people in the room seeing his sister shake her head out of the corner of his eye. Looking at her he gave her an apologetic smile hoping she wouldn't be too mad at him.

Anya whispered to him everything that had been said since he wasn't in the room. It was low enough for him to hear but he also payed attention to what was in front of him. Nodding at Anya for her words he sat back carefully against the chair's back. He looked around and only recognized one person in the room which wasn't surprising to him.
James Faulkner
James Faulkner

Number of posts : 203

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabriel J. Short III Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:14 pm

Remy's leg bounced up and down, shaking his chair, shaking the table. The mad Frenchman was full of energy, perpetually high-strung. Gabby considered himself pretty lively, but there was a nervous energy in Remy that tended to drive people nuts. Gabby swatted the man and Remy crossed his ankles, rolling his eyes, jostling a little bit.

Gabby was very curious to see the society he was now keeping. Everyone seemed so... fresh, and new, and eager. It was an interesting change of pace, to say the least.

He felt his eyes linger on the Destrey woman for a moment. Very interesting.

"Getting into the thick of it," Gabby said. "What tasks do we need to do? You two are convincing Death Eaters - I won't lie, I'm not a big fan of them, but as long as we can all keep our differences aside..." His teeth were a little gritted. Whoops. Moving on.

"Forgery," Remy said. "I have a friend who's an artist. I'm certain she could forge a nearly perfect copy of a signature if we needed it. We just need the signature-"

"-and then someone to get that paper into a WWizengamot's hands," Gabby said. "I'm sure I could do it. Make it seem like a heist gone wrong." He was getting a bit desperate to see some action again.
Gabriel J. Short III
Gabriel J. Short III
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 100

Back to top Go down

Post by James Potter Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:55 pm

A confused look crossed Audriana's face as she was apparently not able to comprehend fully what the other woman was getting at. "I was under the impression that asking for help fulfilled that ideal. We would have asked it of specific people were it not for the need to ensure that we have all of our bases covered," she explained, unsure exactly how to phrase it so it sounded better.

It wasn't until Destrey spoke again that Ben actually gave a genuine smile. In fact, he laughed quite loudly, the action mirrored somewhat by a quiet, almost embarrassing snort from the brunette seated next to him. "Oh, love, I'm sure you'd like that. The only problem, I'm afraid, is that I am quite gay. So I'll have to say No, but thanks for the image of that," he grinned. Unable to help himself, he turned to Audriana and added, "Merlin, but Baldric will get a kick out of this."

She shook her head and smiled, but then turned to Gabby and Remy as they spoke. "Yeah? That would be brilliant, actually. We have a friend at the prophet, like Ben mentioned, and she could be convinced to write something wasn't technically true. Especially if we presented it in a way that sounded honest. If, that is, you all think we should keep it quiet."

"Plus," Ben added, "I know a girl in the law office at the Ministry who you could get to help you if need be. Then again," he admitted with a shrug, "I think you might have more contacts in there than we do, if you have someone else in mind. Or if anybody else," Ben gestured around the table, "wants to get involved in that."
James Potter
James Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 265

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabriel J. Short III Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:02 am

Gabby did not know too much about Remy. But when Destrey snidely offered to screw Bentley right there on the table, they both turned to look at each other, eyebrows raising, obviously impressed if not at least interested in getting to know her a little bit more. But they both realized it was nooooot the place, so they turned back to the rest of the meeting.

Audriana seemed interested in their proposed idea, and Gabby tilted his head, smirking a bit - though, really, it did not take much for him to be impressed with himself. "We have quite a few contacts, really, and I have to be in and out of there to have my case of the furries checked out." He rolled his eyes. The rules for werewolves could be soooo annoying.
Gabriel J. Short III
Gabriel J. Short III
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 100

Back to top Go down

Post by James Potter Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:09 am

Ben couldn't help the fact that he rolled his eyes at Monroe's comments. "I think you're confused, mate. This meeting wasn't done by invitation. Anyone who wanted to be here was allowed. Hence our meeting new people," he gestured towards Lilyanya and her brother. "So really, this was more about your being interested, and us opening the floor to people who can offer improvements to the idea we have. We'll need suggestions for actually making it work, and that won't come from our initial idea. We are aware of this."

When Gabby spoke, Audriana nodded, accepting their offer. "Right. So you guys handle that," she agreed, "and we'll see what we can do about getting it in the prophet. As for making it seem believable, would anyone be willing to sort of spread the word? Make it sound like a rumor so perhaps it will get to the Death Eaters before the article is released?"

"Yes, I'd really rather not put the idea out there first. Especially considering who I'm known to be friends with. I don't think the leaders on the other side would really appreciate that, eh?" Ben frowned.

"So, perhaps if anyone has a way to get in the Death Eaters' ears, they could help with that?" Audriana suggested, looking around. "Or if anyone has suggestions for other ways to convince them that the Ministry isn't on their side, that might help? We'll need to figure how to draft up legislation and get it agreed to while all of this mayhem is going on."

ooc: Regarding the legislation thing - Basically, the idea is that they push for a law that allows Muggles to stay, but I think Robert or someone will end up stopping it. I'll have to talk to Khaat about that one.
James Potter
James Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 265

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top