The Aftermath ((Nymeria) - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Aftermath ((Nymeria) - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Aftermath ((Nymeria)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Aftermath ((Nymeria) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Aftermath ((Nymeria)

Post by Mariana Diggory Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:28 pm

Mari was all too delighted to change the topic of their conversation. It was a fair question how did she have the nerve to talk about her deepest fears to a person she barely knew. Alright, that person was member of the Order, but that was hardly a reccomendation by itself. When they aproached the milkshake man, she ordered a classic vanilla flavour. "How does pineapply milkshake taste like anyway? I tried strawberry and bannana, but that one just looks evil.." she asked Nym wrinkling her nose at the thought of pineapply flavour.

"Here you go." she payed the man without looking at the bill. She hoped that the tip would be enough to be forgiven and didn't want to give him false encouragement. "He's going to have to exuce me no matter how handsome he is, but I am already taken.." she replied smiling as she casually flashed her hand with her rings on it to Nym. "What about you? If you're single and you like him, you should ask him out. I don't know why they keep doing that to me.." she replied smiling remembering the simmilar incident a couple of days ago in a cafe not too far from here. She sighed for herself.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Nymeria Evanesco Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:39 pm

"Sweet, not like pineapple.", Nym shrugged and offered shake to her "Want to try? It's unusual." She wasn't fan of fruit shakes, she usually drinks only chocolate ones, but she got a wish for trying other tastes, at least at the moment. Pineapple was strange, it didn't tasted like pineapple at all, or at least she thought so, it's been long time ago since she ate that american fruit. Nymeria wasn't fan exotic fruits, and pineapple was no exception.

"Oh, than I guess it was a bad idea, sorry. I haven't noticed the rings, it's too dark." She saw only the reflection of her rings when she waved her hand in front of her. "Although, I guess I wouldn't noticed them if it's the middle oft he day. I do not se e an elephant in front of myself until I bumped into him, and rings are so much smaller, so it's isn't such an excuse.", she laughed silently while wishing she has a better observation, and perhaps better coordination of movement. Life would be more easier that way, or at least it seems so.
Nym thought few minutes about Mariana's proposal. "I don't think so. Been there. Done that. Didn't work well." She tried but she couldn't imagine herself with seller of shakes, actually it's not about him, it's her who got a problem. "And inter alia I don't think he likes me, but it doesn't matter, I'll survive, hardly but I will." She theatrically folded hands across her heart and prayed for Mariana to skip the question of her love life, she didn't wanted to talk about that, not now, probably never.
"Words like beautiful never crossed your mind?", she smiled looking at her.
Nymeria Evanesco

Number of posts : 202

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:29 pm

Mari thought about Nym's offer, but it didn't seem very attractive. "I think I'll pass. I'll stick to vanilla for today or tonight whichever. Have in mind that is pineapple mixed with milk." she said as she shuddered at the thought of such a mix. In difference of her new friend, Mari did try all varieties of exotic fruit and exotic meals when she lived with her grandfather in Mexico. However, that wasn't the case with exotic fruit milkshakes.

"Nym your blabbering incoherently right now. It's fine I don't go around waving my hand at everyone anyway.. I just tell them when it comes into the conversation." Mari smiled amused, Nym apologized for the strangest of things. "Did you ever consider that this was the case because you haven't met the right someone yet? Dating a muggle however is more complicated than dating a wizard don't you think so? I'm not even sure what's the policy about telling your boyfriend, fiancee or husband that you're a witch.. You know some people can't handle it." she commented trying to cheer her up, it would be a complication to go out with the muggle if you are not serious about him/her..

She threw an exasperated sigh at Nym's observation or compliment she wasn't sure. "Look I won't try to be falsely modest, but I really don't see anything special about me. I am completely average. Maybe it's the color of my hair which calls attention. For what is worth I think you are much prettier then me.." she replied smiling.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Nymeria Evanesco Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:25 pm

She shrugged and took a sip of her shake.
"I've never tried dating a muggle. I've lived in muggle part of Paris because of some awkward fear ny father had but they always kept themself away from me. Although we sometimes talked but there was always some kind of barrier, and I couldn't reach through it."

She ignored the question about that someone. She knew it was rude but she could not force herself to say some of the things out loud. That would give them a note of finiteness, they were bad enough in her mind. She found him. Yes, she believed she is, and then she lost him and never seen him again. She hoped he left willingly, because only other option is that he's dead. And that one hurt so much so she rather choose rejection.

"I don't know is someone told them something or that was their spontaneous reactions." Nym returned to that theme. "I just...that had never stopped. Since I was three, and approached the girls from the neighboring building carrying a cloth doll and they ran away 'till I was 19 and finally decided to leave France. I guess that they were relieved now that I'm not there." She sighed recalling the numerous rejection in her childhood, she never did anything to them, the more Nymeria thought about it was more and more convinced that someone has said something, probably lied because no one except her father, her, and some of her father's friends who occasionally visited them didn't knew the truth. "I think there's no written policy, yet. Everyone choose the best moment, I guess."

Nym glanced at Mari, that girl had wrong opinion of herself, but people usually had it so it's nothing new. "If you say so." She knew there's no point in arguing with her.
Nymeria Evanesco

Number of posts : 202

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top