Marriage is Murder - Page 96
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 96 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 96 of 99 Previous  1 ... 49 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 96 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:46 am

"Across the street," Khaat pointed to another shop. She said no more about Brant. She left the coat shop, checked briefly for traffic, and crossed the street.

The heady, masculine smell of leather greeted her when she opened the heavy wooden door. She loved that smell. It reminded her of Brian. And home. The home James had just taken from her.

The shop was stocked with jeans for the whole family, comfortable shirts and sweaters, shoes--casual wear.

She picked out a couple of pairs of jeans for Brian, a couple for herself, a couple of shirts of each of them, a couple of sweaters, a pair of sweats for Brian, a couple of men's flannel shirts, and underthings and socks for both of them.

She bought two outfits and some pajamas for each of her children. It would get them at least 24 hours. She decided she would send to Tobias to really re-equip them.

She began to think of bedtime and how tough it would be without the children's favorite stuffed animals. it was gone. All gone.

"I need to go find some French roast," she said quietly
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22583
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:55 am

Jess saw the shop and smiled " good choice" she said and walked with her . Walking in she took a deep breath " ow leather , I love the smell of real leather" she said understanding Khaats silence earlier. " ow look" she said pointing out some native American art and clothing. " ow these gloves will look great when we rebuild the house, I'm getting them for Brian, unless you want to I can always get the dream catcher " she said pointing to a wolf one that hung on the far wall." she heard her mention French roast and the assistant walked over.

"Sorry to intrude in your conversation, but we have a nice cafe that sells French roast just next door but one." he told them " do you wish me to wrap those as gifts?" he asked. Jess could see his Grey hair yet his blue eyes spoke of experience, along with his friendly smile.

" Um..thank you" she said handing him the gloves.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:13 am

"They're nice gloves," she smiled. "He'll love them. I hope the damage was mostly just upstairs. Most of his art collection was downstairs. She appreciated Jess's gesture.

"That will be fine," Khaat said when the clerk said there was a café nearby. "Its a bit chilly," she said. "It would be nice to warm up."

"Then you should enjoy their coffee," he said. "But..if you will permit..." he said hesitantly. He drew out a handkerchief and moistened the corner with a bit of water from a plastic waterbottle. He wiped off a smoke smudge off her cheek.

"Thank you," Khaat said, glad he caught it for her. "How much for my purchases?"

"Well, how about you let me put it on Brian's tab?"

"What?" she frowned.

"I am not so old that I don't know the wife of my commander, Ms. Lupin...or should I say, Mrs. Quinn?" his voice was a bit quieter. "I work the night shift. I should be there by dark. I can bring your purchases with me. He keeps a regular tab. Why else would I have native American art in Paris?" He laughed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:23 am

Jess smiled as the man spoke to Khaat " ow..I thought I recognized him." Jess said now smiling. " He was there when Jack and I..well we trained there and I do hope so, the children's toys are easy to replace but his art, not that easy." she handed the gloves over and glanced to the cafe she could just see.

Opening the door she watched the man move to wrap the purchases at the counter. " ow I'm gonna get a nice hot chocolate, I wonder if they add marshmallows?" Jess pondered as they walked. " I do hope James stays away for good this time." she said softly her hands deep in her coat pockets.

Reaching the cafe Jess opened the door for Khaat but noted who and how many were already inside and where they sat. " ow that looks a good table." she said motioning to a two seater table by the window and a radiator for warmth.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:40 am

"Mrs Quinn," the man called her back momentarily. "Emergency clothing for your children. Surely it is not enough for all the changes necessary for the infants?"

"It might need to do," she sighed.

"Looks like you're looking for enough for a couple of days for your whole family. Are you all alright?"

"We escaped--this time," she said. "Thank you."

"Allow me to equip you sufficiently for your little ones. Leave it to me," he smiled.

"I can pay for it," she said.

"I know. We'll make it right. But four onesies will not do for twins. I'll put together what you need and deliver it to the headquarters. I'll put it on your husband's account."

"Thank you," she said. He picked up a beautiful pashmina decorated in a unique mystical print. It had a bohemian gypsy, magical look to it, and it blended beautifully with her coat. He draped it around her neck and managed to make it gracefully cover her scarred face without drawing attention to her, in one seemless motion.

"How did you do that?" she asked.

"Its nothing," he laughed. "Would you like me to show you later?"

"Please. I can never do that right. It never looks that good."

"My pleasure," he said.

She followed Jess to the café and took a seat at the table. When the server came, she ordered a coffee, preferring the dark strong French coffee without cream or sugar. She also ordered a plate of madelines.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:58 am

Jess smiled watching the man with Khaat . " he has a point." she said softly and smiled as he then picked out a lovely pashmina " ow its beautiful Khaat" she admired the colors and patterns and how they brought out Khaats eyes.

Jess sat facing into the room and she ordered herself a hot chocolate with a lemon danish. He was happy to see Khaat had ordered some food. " how do you think there doing?" she asked softly as she let the waitress place down their drinks first. Jess added sugar and began to stir it in her mind wandering back to Where Jack and the others were.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:13 am

"Thank you. I've never seen a shawl like it. Daddy's angry," she said softly, picking up her cup to smell the deep dark nutty aroma. "I can feel it from here. He wasn't as angry with the Ministry. That was a calculated choice he made, even though he was angry at Pierce. This is different. He's angry. I would say that James won't gain any more ground. Especially with all they have with them."

She took a sip of her coffee, and as she did, a tall man in a black wool dress coat bent down and kissed her cheek.

"Hello, my darling," the familiar voice said. She glanced up, trying not to look jarred. It was Marcus, pretending, as he'd done many time, to be her husband. Marcus had a brown leather duffel bag on his shoulder. He looked amazingly pressed and clean and fresh. He smelled amazing--with a cologne that smelled like leather, woods, spices.

"How did you find me?" she laughed. "And how do you look so impeccable and smell so good?"

"Its called a shower," he said. "I stopped to clean up and grab my bag."

"And where....oh never mind," she said, frowning. She didn't know he had any other place now but theirs. He hailed the waiter and ordered coffee, pulling up a chair to join them at their table.

"You both alright?" Marcus asked.

"Yes. How are you? And the rest of them?"

"James is gone. The others are fine. They're working on putting out the fire. Your father sent me ahead to you. And--when a French Roast addict is in Paris, where would she go but the closest café? Elementary, my dear Watson," he said.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:50 am

Jess chuckled and nodded as she sipped her hot chocolate. " Hes always angry at something guess its part of the job he has, but I did notice the change in the air." she told her as she saw a cloaked figure enter the cafe. She just smiled and watched him as he crossed to Khaat then lightly kissed her cheek as if he had done it a thousand times before.

"She's right, its heavenly, I should ask what scent is called so I can get some for Jack to stop him smelling like a wet dog, whose swum in a sewer." she said and chuckled softly as she screwed up her nose. " would you like a hot drink, they do French roast?" she told him motioning to the cup Khaat held. She breathed out a breath she didn't know she was holding when he told her every one was alright and James had left.

"Thank you for telling me, I do hope Brant has been behaving" she spoke softly as if speaking her thoughts aloud to her self as she sipped the warming liquid in her cup. " ow what do you think of Khaats Pashmina, beautiful isn't it?" she asked
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:22 am

"I get it from a wizard with a little shop in Saville Row. He blends each one for each client. Even werewolves, as I understand. I can give you his card," Marcus said. "He claims he can reduce the wet dog business. I wouldn't know for certain, myself, though." He listened to Jess ask him if he wanted a coffee.

"I caught the waiter on my way in and ordered one," Marcus smiled. "Thank you, though. I wouldn't know about Brant. I came straight here. But if he doesn't behave himself, from what I understand, Brian runs a rigid ship in the Paris office. Brant's liable to find himself in a pup tent in the snow if he's not smart."

"He'd probably like that," Khaat said.

"She's right. Your pashmina is lovely," Marcus said. "Smart coats, too. Both of you. Nice fit. Your father is assessing the damage to the house now. I don't think you've lost as much as you think. Though the smoke damage might take a long time to clean out. So--what are we doing? Are we getting a breath of fresh air, or are we shopping?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:32 am

Jess smiled at Marcus " ow thank you Marcus, my nose thanks you too." She said and laughed softly as she watched the two of them she nodded as he spoke if Brian running a tight ship " I'm counting on it Marcus with him." she sipped her hot chocolate as he asked Khaat what she wanted to do.

"I'm up for anything you are Khaat and that sounds wonderful means what was damaged an be replaced." Jess pondered how much had been Brian and her room and maybe the kids room as well. " do you know what rooms were damaged the worst?" she asked wanting to figure out what they should bye the most of.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 96 of 99 Previous  1 ... 49 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum