Marriage is Murder - Page 97
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 97 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 97 of 99 Previous  1 ... 50 ... 96, 97, 98, 99  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 97 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:42 am

"I'm not entirely sure," Marcus said. "But from the looks of it from the outside, it looks like it was centered in the middle of the western upstairs hallway. So, I'm just guessing its Angus's room, Edward's, Michael's, maybe Kate and Robert's. Part of Khaat and Brians. I don't think it got far enough west to get to the nursery or the kids' rooms. But anyone else might be fair game. Robert is hoping to be able to get everyone from the house here by dark at the latest. He's got a crew there now, and he sees no need for us to be there with the crew he's got. I think he's actually going to leave the night command to Escobar."

"Well, that does make sense to let him in charge of the night," Khaat shrugged. Who better to run a night shift than a vampire? "I don't have an agenda," she said. "I really don't. I just...was feeling pretty trapped."

"Understandable that you'd be stressed," Marcus said. "So why not just browse around and enjoy Paris a bit? I presume you know I'll just go with you."

"Carrying a duffel bag?" she frowned.

"Well, if we walk back that way, I'll drop it off at headquarters," Marcus laughed.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22298
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:01 am

Jess listened to him and nodded. "Thats good the kids would be upset if any of their toys were damaged, our things can be replaced." she said softly then listened to Khaat talk. "That sounds a perfect plan, Escobar is perfect for the night watch." she said smiling now knowing if they did pass by the Paris office she could check on Brant and Jack. Knowing he would be wanting to know she was okay, even though she had told him she was.

She finished her hot chocolate now feeling warmer, she placed down the mug as she saw Jack walk in and scan the room. His face lit with a bright grin. Walking over he looked at Marcus and Khaat. " thought I'd find you here, don't worry I'm not staying long just wanted to see for myself you both were okay." He said and smiled at Khaat.

Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:23 am

"Fine," Khaat said. "I just wanted to go for a walk."

"We should get you a few things--a couple of changes for a day or two," Marcus said.

"Did that," she replied. "I think we're okay."

"You did? Good. I think your mother and Edward and Michael are going to go to the farm to help open it. And I think your father is coming here. That was the last I knew, anyway." He finished his coffee, as Khaat finished hers. "I think there's a chocolatier's in the next block if you want to walk there. Kids might enjoy a treat."

"Good idea," she said. She yawned, not understanding why she felt tired.

"We'll make it short," he smiled. "It'll be probably time for dinner and then getting the kids bathed and into bed for the night. I'd suggest you stop for a book to read at the book store, but you might not need it. You look like you might sleep pretty easily tonight."

"I might like a quick trip to the bookstore, though," she said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:50 pm

Jess looked at Marcus and Khaat then at Jack. "
Khaat, I think I'll head back with Jack, I'm sure
Marcus can take it from here, if you want." She said as Jack took Jess's hand in his own. She stayed sat for a moment but then stood up with Jack.

"Stay safe and watch your backs, both of you" She said then walked out of the cafe knowing what Khaat needed was peace and time alone , she knew that with Jack there it would just stress her out more. Together they headed back talking as they went.

" do you have to check on him?" Jack asked and Jess nodded " hes always getting in trouble."

" I know Jack and I have to hes my patient until hes better." she told him. Kissing his cheek she smiled and headed to where she had left Brant, finding him still sleeping fitfully.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:11 pm

Marcus paid the tab for the café, and then he took Khaat's hand. They walked leisurely down the street to the bookstore first, since it was the farthest away. They browsed the books and they bought a stack of books, enough to fit everyone's tastes so they each had a book for the night if they wanted it. Marcus found a large, leather bound antique children's storybook with beautiful colored lithographs that he bought for the kids. The book was large and thick, and had more than enough stories to hold them for a long time. Khaat found a similar one with Christmas children's stories.

Before they left the shop, Marcus bought four cartons of top quality French cigarettes, each carton holding ten packs. It would give the stress smokers something fresh to puff on. Marcus knew that Robert was more of a stress smoker than Brian, but he'd even seen Khaat smoke one once in a blue moon. Marcus had just chalked it up to a Lupin vice since they just didn't show much of any other emotion. Not in front of all but the closest people, anyway.

They stopped at the chocolatier's and bought several pounds of assorted chocolates. There was enough for lots of treats and then late night reading treats. There were also several pounds, in bulk of dark and milk chocolate in case Angus and Michael decided to make some sort of treats later.

The wind was getting more bitter, and Marcus saw snowflakes starting to flit around in the air as it started to get dark. She shied close to him in the harsh, cutting breeze, and he put his arm around her, feeling her shiver.

"Getting colder," he smiled. "Let's get back." She nodded. As they headed back, she saw, unmistakably, the silhouette of her father against the streetlight. He was in his winter coat, and he was going up the steps of the large terrace flat that was headquarters for the organization.

"Daddy," she said softly.

"So breathe," he said gently. "He wouldn't be here if things weren't okay to leave them in other hands there. Or if there were anyone else there that needed to be here tonight. He's the captain, remember? He's the last one to leave the ship."

They walked to the headquarters and went in the front door. Robert saw her, and immediately turned around and wrapped her tight in his arms.

"Tell me you didn't go back for that damned picture," he said softly.

"I had to," she said.

"No," he said, looking into her face. "That's not Remus. Its just a spell on a picture. I won't lose you for that. You're alright?" She nodded.

"Captain," one of the men said. "Welcome aboard. Nice to have you back again."

"Fuller," Robert smiled. "Glad to be back."

"Can I take your coat, Sir?"

"No thank you," Robert said. "See if you can get the kitchen to make some hot cider and maybe some hot buttered rums for those who want it. Its cold, its been a hard day, and we could all use something to warm up and relax with." Fuller nodded and headed to the kitchen, while Marcus took Khaat's outerwear and his own and hung it up. Robert took care of his own.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:26 pm

Jess looked out and saw Khaat and Robert she breathed out in relief that both were safe. Jess moved down to the kitchen where she found Jack looking into the cooker. "Its not going to cook any faster" she told him "now out" she said and thwacked him on his behind so he would leave.

Brant woke and winced as he sat up on the bed his right hand reaching for his left arm but he sighed. Slowly and wobbly he stood up and moved out of the bedroom. He saw Jack. " hey I miss anything?" he asked.

"Nope you should be in bed" Jack said and Brant shook his head.

"What ever Jess did I'm fine" he said lying as his shoulder throbbed as he moved. He saw Roberts office and moved towards it . He needed to know how James got on the property after all the spells they cast to hide it.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:25 pm

"What about the house?" Khaat asked her father. He put his hand around her waist and walked down the hallway towards his office. When they walked in, he flicked his wand at the fireplace to light the hearth.

"That will draw and warm the room in a moment. The fire damage to the house is not as bad as it first looked," he said. "We're going to have to stay at the farm for awhile, but if it all goes well, we should be back at the estate just in time for Christmas. We'll all have to replace some of the furniture and personal posessions that were on the second floor--particularly in your bedroom and in ours, but the worst part of the whole business is going to be the cleaning."

"I hate that job," she sighed. A big fire meant hard, deep cleaning from top to bottom, every portion of the ceilings, walls, floors, every inch of every piece of furniture, every item in the house, and endless laundry. It took hours and hours, even with magic. The fire at Sparks had taken days to clean up what little they could salvage. But cleaning the mansion to that extent, that was going to take, potentially, weeks.

"We'll get help," he smiled. "The organization will help, and Lee will come with his men and help. It'll take time, but it come together."

"Well, if we get back into the house in time for Christmas, that might have to be decorating enough."

"You can't think that with that many kids you're going to get by without a Christmas tree, do you?" he laughed. "Don't stress. We'll get it put together. That's my next order of business with Brian, I think."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:57 am

Brant could hear the talking from inside and stayed outside until they stopped. Reaching out he knocked and waited for Robert to answer. Jess looked around for Brant and sighed shaking her head as she found him sat on a chair next to Roberts door.

"you should be resting and in bed." she told him walking up to him and touching his forehead and shaking hers. " your temperature is up" she said as he swatted her hand away.

"I'm fine" he said " I'm always hot" he told her as he stood up waiting patiently for Robert to respond to his knock, He knew the other voice was Khaats and so knew he would be focused on her first. If he had some one special he would be as well , but he didn't since she ran away.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:15 am

Robert hadn't actually intended to close the door, but when he heard the knock, he pointed a finger at the door, using magic to open it.

"It really isn't a private conversation," Robert called to whoever had knocked.

"Yeah, well," Angus laughed, bringing in a tray of mugs of hot buttered rum, "this isn't home where the grandkids burst in on you at all hours. Here, they know better than to enter into the captaincy without knocking."

"Except you," Robert teased, as Angus put two mugs on the desk, one for Robert and one for Khaat. Angus handed one to Brant.

"Here," he said. "Old time remedies sometimes work the best. Not exactly a hot toddy but close enough to do the job."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:06 pm

Brant pushed open the door when he heard Robert inside say he could enter but stepped a side as Angus entered in front of him with his tray. Brant followed behind him and listened he took the cup and thanked him.

Seeing a chair he moved to it and sat down groaning a little as he did still holding the cup in his good hand. Listening to Angus he took a drink and sighed nodding. "Ow yes, that's good, you should paten this stuff. " he said as he sighed feeling it warm and sooth him. He could not help but try and move his shoulder but winced at the movement now he wished he'd let Jess fix it quickly so he could get back to doing his job.

" Khaat, the house will be rebuilt good as new, Jack, Steven , Jim and I will all do our part, its our home just as much and well we too want to be in it for Christ...." He paused again feeling a sharp pain in his shoulder shooting down his arm.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Page 97 of 99 Previous  1 ... 50 ... 96, 97, 98, 99  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top