Helping The Half-Breeds - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Helping The Half-Breeds - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Helping The Half-Breeds

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Helping The Half-Breeds - Page 2 Empty Re: Helping The Half-Breeds

Post by Lucien Holt Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:32 pm

(OOC: Just a side note, here. We’ve sort of come to the conclusion that once Nessa is turned, and thus forced to go to Keiran’s school thing, more or less, she’ll probably be the one to rat them out to the Ministry. Drama will ensue. It’ll be buckets of fun.)

As more people filed in, Bridget seemed to be growing more and more uncomfortable with the whole idea. While she was behind Keiran on the whole endeavor, there were so many people that could put him at risk in this very room. It wasn’t just Keiran, though, that she worried after. It was Millie and Elliot. And the students without places to go. While she knew that people like the Ivanovs would never turn on her son, there was no reason that some other person in attendance could choose to and ruin everything.

“Mum,” a voice broke through her thoughts. Keiran had ambled over at some point after breaking off from his chat with a couple of his students. “Just breathe. They wouldn’t be here if we didn’t think they would choose to help.”

“I know. But there’s always a chance.”

“Yeah, you’re right,” Keiran nodded seriously, “There’s always a chance that this can work, though, too.” Glancing about the room, his eyes landed on new entrants – one Keiran recognized from her career and another he didn’t know.

Who else were they expecting? He couldn’t remember at this point; they had sent out so many letters it felt like he was inviting the whole of the wizarding world aside from those who had initiated the law. And the students, of course. Nothing good would have come from their showing up at his house if the plan failed. With a near-frown, Keiran looked around the room for his wife. He was half tempted to extend a hand in her direction when his gaze found her, but that would have felt like he was summoning her. It just would have felt a bit more comfortable to have her standing next to him when he inevitably had to get the room’s attention. Millie had convinced him that this was something he could manage, though why she was so sure was beyond him. Perhaps it was the fact that he cared more than he perhaps expected to, and she had latched onto the idea.

Either way, he couldn’t help but feel like he needed her.

Passing her the most confident look he could manage, Keiran turned to face the rest of the room, clearing his throat loudly as he would have for class. Around the room, people began lowering themselves into chairs – Avery and Audriana next to their husbands, Adrienne with her fiancé and so on. Addie frowned at Kaiden as he glanced off again, finally catching on. “C’mon, then.” She grumbled, tugging on his arm. “I’m sure she’ll be here after the meeting.”

Once Keiran thought he could manage it, he gave the room a once over and tried to figure the best place to start. “I know this is all sort of… last minute, but because of this new law, many students are left without somewhere to go. Others may not wish to return to Hogwarts,” he added with a glance in Adrienne’s direction, “for that reason or for their own. So I want to propose that we start a school of sorts ourselves.” Half expecting a room full of dissent, he began speaking more quickly. “That said, we’d need a place to house the students if they wished to stay on site – and thus a place suitable for holding classes. On top of that, I sincerely hope many of you would be interested in holding classes. They won’t be too formal – just as much as we can manage to teach them, and enough to get them through their exams should they be allowed to take them.”

Frowning at the thought that they wouldn’t be able, he added, “Our top priority, though, would be keeping the students safe. So that means that this may not be something the Ministry approves of, and should be kept under wraps as best as we can. For now, I’d just like to open the floor up for any suggestions or volunteers or suggestions for classes or locations. Mum offered to keep track of things,” He gestured in Bridget’s direction, where she sat leaning over the bartop with a pad of paper and a little smile.

(OOC: I've got a sort of idea list, where I suspect certain characters will want to help out, but you're more than welcome to change it up on me. I just guessed to try and figure out who to invite and which classes/etc they would have. If you have questions or something before you post, please message me on Ana's account since I'll be working on meetings a lot the next few days)
Lucien Holt

Number of posts : 612
Special Abilities : Seer l Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Cooper Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:11 am

Before Amelia could get an answer from Theodore the room had quickly filled and Keiran, who Amelia knew from working alongside each other as Professor at Hogwarts, was gathering peoples attention. This was the moment, the time she'd find out about the plan - if there was a plan. She'd always held a neutral stance. Her husband hadn't, he opposed the death eaters in anyway possible (something that Hallie inherited). This was a big step, even attending the meeting had the Professor on edge. What if there was a spy? What if someone turned up? What if they wanted her to get involved in spying at Hogwarts? She couldn't do that. She couldn't oppose the ministry she had a family to care for and even though Toby was being persecuted she would be no good to him in Azkaban.

Holding classes. That's something that Amelia could do after all it was her current job. She knew of the students abilities already in charms, however there was a snag. Where would these classes be held? If Amelia was at Hogwarts and mysteriously kept vanishing it could start to look suspicious. She always had been a worrier. Then again if you had Hallie and Toby as children wouldn't you?

Not wanting to be the first to talk Amelia simply looked around hoping others would contribute because right now the Professor wasn't sure how much she wanted to be a part of it. Hallie was going to take part without a doubt, something Amelia would rather she didn't but her daughter was of age and there was nothing she could do about it. For all Amelia knew she may have joined the Order of the Phoenix. That wouldn't surprise her.

Locations? Where on earth could they hold classes. There was a fair number of the half breed students but not enough that a castle would be needed. Perhaps a manner house could do? The boys could share one room and the girls another, making beds wasn't an issue as those in the room were all capable of a conjuration. A manner seemed the best bet and Cooper Cottage was no manner.

Wherever the location was Amelia could hide it, even if that is all her contribution was, to conceal the place and make it impossible to find with powerful enchantments.

---

Hallie mused for a moment. For Toby he could stay at Cooper Cottage with her then if she were to teach a class she could simply take him with her. The only issue with that is she wouldn't have time once she returned to Hogwarts and right now she held too much bitter, too much angst and too must hostility to conduct a class without snapping their legs off.

12 Grimauld Place could be a good option, it was tall and large, concealed and had proved a successful location for the Order. The downside for that was it was already headquarters for the order and if any students went on to become ministry officials, death eaters or placed under torture it wouldn't keep Order HQ safe.

Speaking up, still with her back to Theodore, Hallie made a suggestion: 'We could each take a few of them in and have them travel to the shrieking shack and teach them in there? Then after the class they each floo back to their individual safe house?'
Amelia Cooper
Amelia Cooper

Number of posts : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:57 pm

The four Purebloods stood away from the council that had come together to discuss the vital question of where the school and the students would be held. Without the Ministry hierarchal access and in the absence of all worthy employment or a place in Hogwarts, the young people felt as though they had little to offer. Thus, they were stood away and decided to watch from afar, wondering separately but with equal reservations whether their places and their worth would be found by a contribution.

In the mind of Elijah Krum, the suggestion that his friend’s wife made was one that had merit to it but it was an immediate concern – seemingly for all of them as the two men stiffened whilst Athena beside Elijah shifted her weight awkwardly. Elijah himself averted his eyes to his shoes but soon enough, as a firm silence elapsed, it became apparent that everyone was thinking on the idea whilst mulling over their own. However, the most vocal of the foursome appeared to take particular offense to the idea.

“No one is afraid of the Shrieking Shack,” Theodore began, crossing his arms over his chest. “Nothing is going to stop an untrustworthy student or an errant employee to stick their noses in and land us all in Azkaban.”

Elijah brought his hand down and clasped it around Athena’s, rubbing circles into her palm. She stepped near him, shrinking a little and Elijah squeezed her hand gently before glancing over at Theodore, shooting him a warning glance.

“No, really. It’s dangerous. Dancing around with either side is dangerous. Death Eaters. Order. Ministry. They’re everyone’s enemy now regardless of their best intentions. The Order are hypocritical and the Death Eaters would jump at any chance to see them dead. We all know where the Ministry stands. We need to be out of the way. We need to get them out of the way. Safety isn’t going to be found in plain sight.”

Elijah lifted his head and looked from face to face before releasing Athena and stepping forward, finding his worth for himself. Theodore was right. Plain sight would do them no good. His assessment of the factions was, perhaps, quite harsh but Elijah wasn’t one to disagree. The students were in danger and they needed to be hidden away.

“My home in Scotland. I shut it up just before Christmas but it’s perfect for what we need. There are enough rooms for all of the students to stay there – along with us if we feel the need. The grounds are perfect for when the Full Moon arrives. It’s secluded, out of the way and near the water. We won’t be found there. Wards are already in place and we can set some more. It’s big enough and certainly more practical. There are certain other precautions I’ve taken. I think we’ll all be safer there.”
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top