Day 2: 3 pm Meeting
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Day 2: 3 pm Meeting Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Day 2: 3 pm Meeting

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Day 2: 3 pm Meeting Empty Day 2: 3 pm Meeting

Post by Zara Halworth Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:42 pm

(OOC: This is before Winter Break)

The final meeting of Ana's second day at Hogwarts was coming up, and all she could think about was how badly she wanted the day to be over. Hopefully this meeting would be about the same as the one she had just finished. Maybe these two would be too quiet to actually argue or ask too many questions and just go along with things. Accept it. The idea was rather wonderful and Ana silently thanked whoever had decided that the two Ravenclaws from the last meeting would be matched together. Something told her that the girl would be the one in charge for a while; at least until she could get the young Ivanov to come out of his shell.

Looking down at the files in front of her, Ana put away her report on the two o'clock meeting and flipped through the pages on those she was expecting for the three o'clock. Her mind drifted, though, to the Ministry and if meetings were going on there with Gideon that day. She hadn't asked. Shaking it off, Ana glanced out of the window and down to the snow-covered Hogwarts grounds. Hardly any students were out, which she thought sensible, but those who were seemed to be having buckets of fun. What Ana wouldn't give to go back to the time where she and her husband were like that. At this point, the students in these meetings had a better chance of getting on with their future husbands than she did with hers.

Her eyes drifted over the words on the pages in her files, hardly taking them in. She was just ready for the meeting to start so she could go back to the Ministry, drop off her reports, and then go home or get something to eat. That would be lovely, Ana mused with a small smile. A glance at the clock told her that the students should be arriving any minute, so she closed the files and relaxed. She could feel the stress that was on-coming.
Zara Halworth
Zara Halworth
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 271

Back to top Go down

Day 2: 3 pm Meeting Empty Re: Day 2: 3 pm Meeting

Post by Elisabeth North Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:27 am

Elisabeth had been sitting on her bed in her dorm that morning when an owl flew in through the open window, embossed with the Ministry Seal. She opened it nervously and read through it, she was supposed to meet who she was marrying today, at three pm. Her heart beat rapidly, was she even ready for marriage? She was only 16. What scared her more was that she'd be married to someone she probably didn't even know.

Elisabeth went through the day counting down until the time she had to go to the guidance office, not even reading her books seemed to help her situation. She spent the entire day in the library, avoiding the cold weather outside. She heard the school clock ring three times, signaling that it was three pm. She'd be late if she didn't hurry. Elisabeth quickly gathered her books into her bag and ran downstairs to the guidance office.

Elisabeth nervously opened the door to the guidance office, her fangs coming out to confirm her nervousness. "Um, hi, I received a letter from the Ministry this morning saying I had a meeting here at 3 pm? Sorry If I'm a little late, I was in the library and had only just noticed the time." she apologized, then sat down in one of the empty chairs, noticing that whomever she was to marry hadn't arrived yet. Elisabeth felt her heart racing, and drummed her fingers on her leg to try and help herself calm down a bit.
Elisabeth North
Elisabeth North
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 37

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Finch-Fletchley Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:06 pm

Nathan wasn't sure waht to expect at this meeting at all. Some people told him that things went fine during their meetings and then others told him the exact opposite. He didn't know if his meeting would go good, okay, or bad. The only thing he hoped for was that Charlie was his match. Of course he knew that wouldn't happen and he shouldn't get his hopes up about it. She had already had her meeting afterall and that hadn't gone too well.

But no matter how much he hoped it was a certain person, there wasn't anyone he didn't want to be partnered with. So he would be okay either way. Although, somehow he felt like he was cheating on Charlie by thinking like that, even though they were nothing more than friends. Outside of his head anyways.

He sighed and walked up to the Guidance Office after noticing that he was already a little bit late. He didn't want to be on time for this, no one really ever wants to. He just wished there was some way to know what would happen. Capian had been a little bit of help, but not enough.

At least he knew what to expect. He knew about the fertility test and the timeline of what was supposed to happen. But that was about it. Caspian had also mentioned that the meeting wasn't as bad as others made it seem, but that was probably because he didn't fight back about anything. So that meant Nathan had to sit there and just agree with everything?

That shouldn't be too hard. Of course, things always got harder when Nathan was involved. He never liked to do things the easy way. Hopefully this time would be different and he didn't make a fool of himself. He knocked on the door once he stood in front of it and pushed the door open. "Good afternoon Madam Levski." he said softly, before noticing that his match was already there. He looked her over and smiled a bit at her, "Hello." he greeted the girl, whom he had decided wasn't unattractive the moment he looked at her.
Jonathan Finch-Fletchley
Jonathan Finch-Fletchley
Fourth Year Hufflepuff
Fourth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 153

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth North Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:38 am

Elisabeth looked over when she heard someone speaking, it was who she was supposed to marry and she didn't think she had ever seen him before. She spent most of her time in the library or the Ravenclaw Common room, and if she wasn't in either of those places, she was reading a book, hardly paying attention to her surroundings. She had to admit he was handsome, though she doubted he liked her. He was a Hufflepuff from what she got from his uniform, so maybe he would like her?

"Hi, I'm Elisabeth." she introduced herself, smiling nervously, her cat fangs showing due to her immense nervousness. She had a sudden realization, "Oh, um, don't worry these aren't vampire fangs or something like this, just cat fangs from my animagus, they come out when I'm nervous." she explained, running a hand through her hair, 'There I go rambling again.' she scolded herself. "Sorry, I ramble sometimes when I'm nervous, I don't do this all the time, don't worry." she apologized, displaying the same nervous smile as before.

Elisabeth found herself drumming her fingers on her lap and running her hand through her hair intermittently as she waited to see what would happen next, she knew as much as she had read from the letter, but her brain didn't seem to want to process that information as it usually would. It seemed that considering the circumstances, she couldn't quite focus as well as she normally could.
Elisabeth North
Elisabeth North
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Zara Halworth Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:31 pm

“You’re in the right place,” Ana told the blonde lightly, hardly concerned with the minute or two that had been lost. The other student had yet to arrive, anyway.

When the Hufflepuff arrived, Ana mentally noted that he was as polite as they were said to be; at least he had that going for him. She couldn’t say if the two would get along, yet, but they both seemed quiet enough that they could hope they wouldn’t fight.

Ana looked back and forth between the two students, massively confused. They didn’t appear to have met before, but both seemed fairly uncomfortable – not that she could truly blame them. Most of the students had acted that way, if they weren’t furious. At the same time, the awkwardness of everything was making even the Ministry employee uncomfortable.

“Right,” Ana began slowly, drawing the word out. After lifting an eyebrow at each student individually, she started again with a more normal speech pattern. “Introductions first. Elisabeth, this is Nathan Finch-Fletchley. Nathan, Elisabeth North.” She gave them a moment to exchange nods or whatever they chose to do before deciding to jump into the meeting since they had lost a bit of time. It wouldn’t do to go over their allotted hour.

“So, today we need to go over the plan for the next month or so, and I’ll need to administer a fertility test for both of you. Should you wish, I can tell you the gender of your first child at that time. If not, do tell me before I get started with that. For now, I’ll start with the timeline you’ll be given for the wedding. You’ll be given two weeks to get to know each other before you need to set the date for your ceremony. If you need a second meeting at that time, it can be arranged so you can have any last questions answered. Two weeks later – so, in a month – you’ll need to have your marriage officiated and reported to the Ministry. If you don’t want to have a big wedding and the like, you don’t have to. It just needs to be made official.”

Leaning back in her chair she looked between the two, trying to assess their reactions. “Any immediate questions?”
Zara Halworth
Zara Halworth
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 271

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Finch-Fletchley Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:53 am

Nathan had noticed the girl's fangs and he stiffened for a moment before she explained what they were and he relaxed. He should have guessed that they weren't Vampire fangs, he would have noticed it immediately if she was a Vampire and that wouldn't have gone over too well with him. He would have gotten himself thrown into Azkaban before a word was even uttered in the room.

"Nice to meet you Elisabeth." Nathan said lightly, before taking a seat next to her.

The Werewolf had decided that this wouldn't be as bad as he had originally thought even though he didn't know this girl. But at least he was going to get to know her. He wouldn't waste the time they had to get to know one another and he would make sure he knew some things about her and he would make sure she knew things about him too. It would be weird if they married and didn't know anything about each other, which was the case for some people.

"Um, how long is this supposed to take, exactly?" Nathan inquired softly, eyes looking at Mrs. Levski as he shifted in his seat trying to make himself more comfortable. He already knew the basic timeline for everything thanks to his friends, but he wasn't sure how long the actual meeting would take. He knew some meetings were fast and others not so much.
Jonathan Finch-Fletchley
Jonathan Finch-Fletchley
Fourth Year Hufflepuff
Fourth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 153

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth North Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:57 am

Elisabeth nodded slowly with a shy smile directed at Nathan as she heard her 'husband to-be' or whatever's name. She thought about it in her head, Elisabeth Finch-Fletchley it sounded so foreign, though she supposed it'd probably be a good idea to get used to it considering they were to be married at some point in the near future. 

Elisabeth listened closely as Miss Levski continued, she felt really...weird, for lack of a better term, here she was sixteen years old, nearly seventeen, and she was to be married in a month, to someone who she's never met before this meeting. She hoped she wouldn't be as shy as she usually is, or else this would be a very long process that she didn't need to make any longer. 

When the fertility test was mentioned, Elisabeth practically felt her eyes start to shift to more feline like ones, for the time being she had managed to stop it, but there was no telling when they'd actually shift, which meant she wasn't trying to keep it back any further. Elisabeth half raised her hand after Nathan had asked his question, "I have two questions," she said softly, "One, how exactly do you do the fertility test?" she inquired, "and two, when exactly are we supposed to have a child? I don't quite want to be pregnant during my sixth or seventh year." she continued, "That'd be extremely stressful, and I can't let my grades drop, not to mention it's hard to handle having a child at this age." she finished, glancing down at the ground slightly. "On another note, I don't mind if we know the child's gender or not if Nathan doesn't." she added softly.
Elisabeth North
Elisabeth North
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top