One Last Chance - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

One Last Chance - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

One Last Chance

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

One Last Chance - Page 3 Empty Re: One Last Chance

Post by Logan Lander Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:19 pm

"Dude chill out, don't be such a douchebag."He hated when guys treated women without respect.He was taught that you should respect everyone but you had to respect a woman no matter what.He hated that attitude some guys have.Even if Romeo was a girl he wouldn't tell him anything.This Romeo guy didn't live up to his name.He stared menacingly at Romeo for a while.Every second that passed seemed to make everything more uncomfortable.He decided to talk to Millie to break the tension.

"So Millie you play for Gryffindor?"He knew everything about the teams at the school if he aspired to be the captain he might as well be prepared and know who he is dealing with.He new that Romeo wasn't was a threat with Addie but he let it go he could win her over in their common room.
Logan Lander
Logan Lander
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 182

Back to top Go down

Post by Melissa Finnigan Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:11 pm

The Slytherin had no response. No slice of wit. No barbed retort. He kept silent and for Millie, it was a victory she considered to be the end of the war. He’d bite back at some, ineffective point she was sure. He was only a young snake, after all. They relied far too much on hindsight. Their tongues didn’t waggle in tune with their brains and had a habit of saying more ridiculous things than their elder counterparts. The elder Slytherins were all cold stairs and carefully thought about shows of wit that were delivered as coolly as their dispositions. For the younger ones, it required a bit of mind power. Bless them.

Millie smiled brightly at Adrienne, glad that the Ravenclaw didn’t mind. They had a habit of getting like Slytherins when they were affronted - all tetchy and non-talkative. Still, Millie doubted that Adrienne truly had a shady, moody edge to her - unless the teenage hormones kicked in off course - and so, her dutiful reply made Millie smile all the more.

“You wouldn’t be a Ravenclaw if you weren’t a reader!” Millie exclaimed with a laugh. “Have you read Poppy Liquorice’s new novel? It’s this alternative universe thriller that looks at what would happen if werewolves were, well, the equivalent of us in our society and humans the ostracised lepers, if you will. It’s very interesting. I’m nearly done with it, actually. It’s a tad dog-eared and chocolate fingers but you could borrow it if you like.”

Millie turned her gaze to Logan and smiled gratefully before nodding, a slight expression of regret on her face.

“I used to. Used to play loads. Still do on and off but after I broke my ribs and my collar bone during a fall fourth year...my mum’s been pretty tight on when I get to play which is just, well, rubbish. Anyway, that doesn’t stop me from sneaking out at night to play with my brother and his mates. Do you play much, Logan?”
Melissa Finnigan
Melissa Finnigan
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 669
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:58 pm

It was rather unnerving that Adrienne could be surprised so very easily by the people sharing the compartment with her. Logan's reaction spoke of either suppressed dislike of Romeo, or serious dislike of the Slytherin's phrasing. Either way, the reaction was pretty strong, and made her glance at him for a moment of shock.

Addie had met the other Ravenclaw not too very long ago, and while things were a touch awkward, the boy had seemed rather put together and well-mannered. Today he seemed either a bit anxious about something, or trying to prove a point she couldn't figure out.

Millie seemed particularly excited about one book, though it was one Adrienne hadn't managed to get her hands on yet. "No, I haven't gotten it yet. If I had, I'm sure it would be finished by now." She joked, letting out a short laugh.

"Um, I guess I could." She told Romeo, after he requested her help studying for OWLs. "I'll be getting ready for my NEWTs all year anyways. And it's true that if you can teach someone else, then you know the subject!" Adrienne added a shrug on the end to not show just how anxious she was about her NEWTs.

Somehow, the topic turned back to Quidditch - a given at a school so thoroughly in love with the sport - but Adrienne still had little to nothing to say in reply. Instead, she started tapping the toes of her shoes together. She was a rather patient girl, so she knew it wouldn't be an issue if she had to be quiet for a while.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

Post by Logan Lander Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:22 pm

"Ouch. I've never broken a rib but my left leg has broken three times but I convinced my mom to let me keep playing.If I fell that bad I'd be lucky to even watch the games.My mom would tell Shacklebolt to keep me in the common room to make sure I don't get hit by a bludger."He knew that his mother was very worrisome, sometimes overprotective,and he always was careful but when winning was just around the corner a bit of a risk could hurt but it would have been worth it according to Logan."I love Quidditch and I play for Ravenclaw. If you need more people too play with I'm up for it."He smiled at Millie.He would do the same if his mother didn't let him play.
Logan Lander
Logan Lander
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 182

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:49 am

Logan had no officially been crossed from Romeo's dislike list and rewrote onto the enemies list. How dare he call the great, handsome, beautiful Romeo Zabini a 'douchebag', on top of that the mention he was on the Ravenclaw team suddenly brought back terrible memories. A memory of Ravenclaw completely thrashing Slytherin in their match last year... Because of this Romeo decided not to bring up his place on the Quidditch team again and decided to steer clear of Quidditch talk at all. The Slytherin wouldn't want something like that being brought up in front of Addie. 

Now she was talking to the filthy Gryffindor about a stupid book about werewolves. Who cared? If it was a book about getting girls Romeo would care. Scratch that Romeo would have probably wrote the book, he was a natural at it - although he would probably be moving quicker with Addie without the riff raff sitting in the compartment to.

'In that case it's a done deal!' Romeo announced, a loveable smile swiftly rising across his face, lighting up his eyes and making it seem all he'd ever wanted was a tutor. 'When we get out timetables we'll have to work out when we're both free.' He added, initiating further involvement together. 

It seemed that Addie needed a bit of a push, she was rather shy. Beautiful but shy, independent, kept herself to herself. Well. If things worked out well between them he knew what her Christmas present would be: a nice book. 

'What subjects do you do?' He asked Addie, completely blanking out Logan and Melissa. Romeo was only a fifth year so had to take all the core classes and the optional classes that he'd elected in the third year, despite that r was aware sixth and seventh years had free reign: they could study whatever they like. 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum