One Last Chance - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

One Last Chance - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

One Last Chance

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

One Last Chance - Page 2 Empty Re: One Last Chance

Post by Everly Bardugo Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:05 am

Adrienne passed Logan an apologetic smile, unsure what to say. She wasn't used to flirting, nor was she used to spending time in a compartment with two guys she hardly knew who appeared to be vying for her attention. It was incredibly disconcerting and she wasn't sure what to do. It wasn't like she had some group of friends she could call up. Her quiet nature seemed to have gotten her in trouble this time.

They boys started talking about Quidditch, which Addie of course wasn't very involved in. Though she adored being outside, she wasn't overly athletic.

"Have you always wanted to play Seeker?" Adrienne asked after Logan pointed out that Romeo played that position.

Then, when asked if she was looking forward to the year, Addie shrugged and brushed a piece of hair out of her face. "I guess I'm excited, but I mean.. I just want it to last as long as it can, since I won't be coming back." She gave them a half-smile, but didn't think they suspected it was real.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:59 pm

Great. Now Logan was talking to him instead of Addie. Why couldn't this Logan person just hop on his broom and fly away? Far, far away. 'Yeah I'm seeker, although i'm thinking of changing to chaser now I'm more muscular and not as light.' Hopefully this would sound good in front of Adrienne. Girls loved muscular, toned men, even If they usually were self absorbed.

'Do you like flying Adrienne?' He asked, turning his attention back to the girl he wanted. It was a shame she was leaving at the end of the year, but then Romeo never kept on a girl long so that wouldn't make much difference he just had less time to chase her.

A group of students walked past, one paused at their compartment and to Romeo's pleasure they smiled at Logan then moved on. Who it was he didn't care he was simply thankful they didn't decide to join them. If only Logan would go with them. Then, an idea struck him. 'Do you not want to go with then?' He asked, pointing to the empty space behind the glass where Logan's friend had once stood a second ago.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Logan Lander Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:07 pm

It seemed like Romeo wanted to brag about himself.Logan didn't care he just like to hang around Adrienne.He had advantage he would be able to spend time with her in the common room.A girl passed by and smiled at Logan.He smiled back but with a strange look  as he did.As this Romeo guy pointed out if he didn't want to go with his friend he replied

"I don't even know who that girl is."He knew what he was doing Romeo was getting rid of him.His competitive personality was taking over him.He normally was respectful and didn't care but he couldn't contain himself against a slytherin. He had inherited this from his uncle.

"So how long have you been playing Quidditch,Romeo?"To show he was more experienced.His mother had taught him how to play quidditch since he was 10.Even if that Romeo guy had played for more time a bit of lying wouldn't be bad.
Logan Lander
Logan Lander
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 182

Back to top Go down

Post by Melissa Finnigan Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:21 pm

Saying goodbye to family was something that was a given thing to see on Platform Nine and Three Quarters. It was expected. Without it, the departure of easily a thousand students one September 1st wouldn’t quite be the same. Without the tears, the peals of screaming goodbyes and the last hugs and kisses managed before hastily climbing aboard and going in search of seats with friends...it wouldn’t ever be the same. Everyone had someone to say goodbye to. Everyone; even Melissa Finnigan who had isolated everyone she loved within her family since her father’s death. It wasn’t quite family per se but it was close enough. It was enough to console her.

Desdemona and Gareth Robins had been particular about making sure that their grandson’s girlfriend made it to the platform in one piece. If Trent and Gareth had let her, Millie was sure Desdemona would’ve ridden up to Hogwarts with her and then gotten the midnight freight train home having sweet talked the driver into giving her the lift. As it was, the lady settled instead with ferrying the blonde to King’s Cross and seeing her through the barrier. Gareth had insisted that if she and Trent could handle themselves in Jamaica for a year then Millie could certainly make her way to Hogwarts without folly.

Reluctantly, Desdemona agreed and after waving goodbye to them - not forgetting to enjoy the last hugs and kisses she’d get until Christmas - Millie slipped through the barrier and found herself caught up in the crowd flurrying along the revered, well-loved platform.

The train was Millie’s immediate destination. She didn’t know if she had any friends left to stand and talk to so stashing her trunk and curling up with her book was her best policy. But then, what was the point in that when, after all said and done, she was going to Hogwarts friendless - surely she should make some effort to actually get her old friends back or maybe even, heaven forbid, make some new ones?

Deciding that instead of isolating herself further, searching for a half-full compartment was a better plan, Millie strode with more purpose towards the train and climbed aboard, ready to make her way down, through the main body of the train until she found a good place.

Thankfully, she didn’t take as long as she thought it would.

Quickly, Millie came across a compartment with two Ravenclaws and a Slytherin in it - an odd combination but interesting none the less.

“Hey-o,” Millie grinned impishly. “Is it alright if I invade?” She asked jovially. “Not that you really have a choice in the matter but I reckon I’m gonna be polite about it. I’m Millie. It’s Melissa really but... Millie’ll do.” She held out her hand to the dark haired girl and smiled, waiting to shake her hand before moving on to shake the hands of both boys there.

Then, with the pleasentries out of the way, Millie flopped down next to the girl having kicked her trunk beneath the bench and put her bag down beside her, cocking an eyebrow upwards at the animosity rolling off the boys in waves.

“I sense there is an elephant in the room.” Millie commented whimsically. “You two have an abominable Wrackspurt problem between you.”

Outfit
Melissa Finnigan
Melissa Finnigan
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 669
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:37 pm

Adrienne's attention seemed to be drawn every which way at once. In response to Romeo's question, Addie shook her head. "I've honestly never tried playing Quidditch or anything. I imagine it's fun, though. I don't think I'm afraid of heights so I doubt it would be an issue." None of Adrienne's family members had appeared to like flying very much, so there hadn't been that off chance that she would have ended up trying it.

A girl walked by, and Addie's eyebrows flew up as the boys seemed to have some kind of stand off. What, exactly, had she managed to get herself into? The entire thing was a right mess. Logan turned back to Romeo and asked a question right before the compartment door opened again. A quiet part of Adrienne's mind hoped it was Kaiden, but she pretended not to hear it.

The girl who had appeared in the doorway introduced herself, practically making Adrienne laugh. Millie seemed, immediately, to be someone who could be loads of fun. It had been a while since Addie had thought well of someone right away. Maybe it was that this girl had practically saved her from her inability to figure out what was going on. Addie's prudish nature made it impossible to realize that the guys were attempting to gain her favor.

Addie took Millie's hand saying, "Of course, feel free."

The shaking of hands with the boys gave Addie an opportunity to reach up into her bag and get out her robes. She could just slip them on over her shirt and skirt once they were closer to arriving.

When the girl sat next to her, Adrienne turned to look at the two boys, one next to her and the other across the way from her. "My name is Adrienne," She offered, realizing she hadn't done so before. The smile on her face turned into a suppressed laugh as Millie addressed the boys with her comments. At least this girl could tell that the entire situation was strained to say the least.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Logan Lander Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:31 am

Could this get any more awkward?Maybe it wasn't that awkward for Logan, but he didn't think Adrienne felt comfortable with all this tension in the air.He had gotten himself into this again it had happened when his mother tried to find love again he didn't approve this guy for Addie.He knew what he was but he didn't mention a word about it.He suddenly knew why he had acted that way.It wasn't only that he was a slytherin he knew his family was full of death eaters and he surely was a dark follower.He knew he shouldn't act that way but it was natural after the incident.

He saw a girl entered he knew she had to be a Gryffindor since he could place that face on the Gryffindor table, but she wasn't in his year.He shook the girl's hand and he hoped she would distract Romeo.Hopefully she would be Romeo's desire instead of Addie.She was outgoing it was obvious.She could notice the tension and she had to point it out.Logan's predictions were wrong the situation could totally become even more awkward.He hope Romeo flirted with Millie instead of Addie,saying something like:The elephant in the room is your beauty.Logan didn't know what Romeo's flirting sounded like and he certainly didn't want to know.
Logan Lander
Logan Lander
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 182

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:47 am

(OOC Jeez that's a lot to reply to! Haha, sorry if it's very stop start my reply)

'I've been playing since before Hogwarts. I had this broomstick that hovered about the ground and my Mum said I used to race around the gardens on it all day.' He replied, a falsified bright spark illuminating his eyes. Romeo could do that. Manipulate his expressions, he wanted Addie to see a passionate person who loved something, and why not display this whenever he had chance to? It was true what the Slytherin said, but he was not nearlly as passionate about Quidditch because of the flying, more, the magnetic response it had with girls.

Looking to the compartment door again he noticed a girl entering. Oh great, just what he needed: another invader! Upon entering he was immediately astonished at how extrovert she was, introducing herself, talking like there was no tomorrow, shaking her hand. Yuck. He'd just shaken hands with a Gryffindor. Well, anyone as extrovert as her must be a Gryffindor.

'The elephant is the room is the awkwardness you just brought in.' He replied, not smiling, just staring at her before turning his attention back to Addie. He didn't want to seem rude in front of her but he just couldn't resist when it came to Gryffindor's. They were vile. Egotistical, vile show offs.

Quickly drawing the attention away from the elephant in the room he delved right into conversation with Addie. 'So what do you do in your spare time at Hogwarts?' Whatever she said, he would enjoy it to - or at least make himself enjoy it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Melissa Finnigan Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:27 pm

Slytherins were always the most enjoyable house. They rose to the baiting that a smarter Gryffindor would lay out in the wake of a flicking, whimsical forked tongue. They were always quick to return the banter but, much like a rattlesnake, they hovered and waited out their move, trying to ascertain when best it would be to strike. Despite herself, Millie couldn’t help but smirk at the immediate retort and idly she couldn’t help but wonder what she’d done to rub him the wrong way. Perhaps her handshake was too firm? Although, Millie doubted that. No, she was sure just the sheer fact that she was breathing bothered the Slytherin.

“Your Slytherin appears to be a Jack Russell,” Millie commented dryly with a sweet smile, her eyes dancing with satisfaction. Just by being there, she’d already put him off-kilter. It was something all Gryffindors revelled in and despite herself, Millie found that she felt the same way as perhaps her brother or Trent would’ve done. She’d never, ever had a problem with Slytherins exceptionally. When she was younger she enjoyed playing many a cruel prank on them but as she’d gone up through the school she’d cooled towards them to the point of being almost friendly. But if he wanted to play, she’d play.

Millie turned her head towards Adrienne and smiled briefly before remembering exactly who she was. She had met her before. She was a Ravenclaw - though granted she already knew that - but more importantly she was a Seventh year Ravenclaw which meant, most likely, she shared a dorm with Gisele and Cerelia. Millie’s smile grew on her face and she nodded, pleased to find that despite the awkwardness she’d allegedly brought in, she’d made a friend for her troubles. Ravenclaw would always be her favourite house. They were kind. That was what was amazing. Despite everything they were kind. Hufflepuffs were as loving and sweet as you like, a given trait, but Ravenclaws didn’t have to be and they were, but for a few. That was what she loved.

“Pleased to meet you,” Millie replied dutifully, her smile lighting on her face again. “I don’t mean to burst in so unceremoniously but you were a touch out numbered. I think it’s fairer, this way.”
Melissa Finnigan
Melissa Finnigan
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 669
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:57 pm

Adrienne was surprised to find herself so amused by the back-and-forth nature of the Slytherin and the new Gryffindor who had entered. How strange, Addie mused, that she actually hadn't been friends with a Gryffindor - not good enough friends to bring their name to mind directly - even after six years of being around them. Perhaps it was that she didn't like many of the things they so obviously enjoyed, like Quidditch.

"Don't worry about it, truly." Addie told Millie in reply to her sort of apology. Adrienne couldn't say she minded the girl's coming in. Until that point, the Ravenclaw hadn't had a clue of what to do in response to the two boys.

The most odd thing of all, she decided, was that she instantly knew she and Millie could get on, and had just felt awkward around the guys who seemed only to be interested in one-upping each other. Addie nearly missed Romeo's question due to her musings.

She had a feeling the Slytherin would either make fun of her openly for the answer she was going to give, or just give her a blank look like he had given Millie when she made her first comment about the people in the compartment. "I read a lot. The Ravenclaw in me, I suppose." She shrugged. Honestly, Addie didn't care what the others thought. Perhaps she should. But she had been that Ravenclaw bookworm for so long that it was natural for her to pretend it didn't matter.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:34 pm

Romeos eyes narrowed into a slant as he leered at Millie. Him a Jack Russell? Romeo Zabini was nothing left than an Alsatian. A strong, handsome breed. A breed that could sniff out the good girls and work it's way to getting them. 

Thankfully Adrienne didn't respond much to Millie's most rude response, maybe she didn't agree with the elephant in the room? Maybe she actually liked Romeo? Well that made sense.

Great. She likes reading. That made it difficult to lie about, Mr Slytherin wasn't exactly the reading type. 'Perhaps you could help me with my OWL's some time. I'm dreading them.' 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum