One Last Chance
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

One Last Chance Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

One Last Chance

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

One Last Chance Empty One Last Chance

Post by Everly Bardugo Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:47 am

This was the last time she would step onto Platform Nine and Three-Quarters and find a train waiting until her children were old enough to go to Hogwarts. If she ended up with children, of course. She sincerely hoped she would. The moment her foot touched the platform, Adrienne feared she would get sentimental or sad so she forced a smile onto her face.

Looking up and down the platform, she took a moment to memorize the look of the Hogwarts Express, smoke billowing from the engine, and people walking around pushing carts and animals. After seven years it always felt amazing. She wasn't exactly from a home without magic, but Addie was sure that she would never stop being amazed by the world she was allowed to be part of.

Knowing the train took off at eleven o'clock precisely, Adrienne wasted no time in boarding the train, finding an empty cabin and setting her trunk down. Considering trying to lift the heavy trunk, Addie rested her hands on the hem of her shirt where it connected to the skirt she wore, staring up at the trunk rack.

((OOC: Outfit))
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

One Last Chance Empty Re: One Last Chance

Post by Guest Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:25 pm

Romeo stepped through the barrier on platform nine and three quarters and found himself on a different platform. Steam billowed through legs and rose from the funnel of a gleaming scarlet engine: The Hogwarts Express!

This would be the fifth time that the Slytherin was boarding the train to Hogwarts. Who knows what would await him this year up at the castle of magical education? Most likely girls, girls and more girls. Romeo loved to pull the girls, it was his so called talent - so much of a talent he became one of the youngest contestants to win witch weekley's most charming smile award last year at the age of fourteen.

'See you later Mum, Dad.' Romeo said, hugging his parents goodbye before dragging his trunk onto the train, his younger brother running off to find his friends. Romeo's brother would be entering his third year whilst his sister the first year. All summer she had been badgering the pair of Zabini's about the castle, the common room - like Romeo she too was destined for Slytherin - and the lessons.

Naturally Romeo brushed her away and didn't talk much about it other than Quidditch and that the castle was 'big enough for you to get lost in.' How amusing that would be for Romeo, not that he hated his little sister but she didn't half annoy him at times and he wouldn't want her to mess up his plans with the girls this year.

'How long will the journey be?' His sister asked.
'A long time.'
'But how long?'
'I don't know time it yourself.'
'Please Romeo just-'

That was breaking point. She had now latched onto his arm and was bouncing up and down on the spot like a child who was begging for treats and, to Romeo's dismay, a brunette was sat in the compartment that the Zabini's were standing out of. All he needed now was for her to see him being badgered by a little girl. Oh how embarassing that would be for him, especially seeing at how beautiful she was.

'Just, go away! Find some friends!' Romeo growled before sliding the compartment door open.

'If you don't tell me I'll steal your broomstick! Who knows, maybe that whamming willow you mentioned may like a little snack!' Gosh she was good. Little Miss Zabini knew exactly what to say to get what her wanted, something Romeo secretly admired.

'The journey's about eight hours long, it'll be dark when we get there and you will get to school via boat whilst I hop in a carriage. Now jus-'

'WHY DO YOU GET TO GO BY-?'

'No more questions. Just go away, find your brother.' He hissed from his lips before dragging his trunk into the compartment and sliding the door shut behind him.

'Hi, you don't mind if I join you do you?' Romeo asked politely, his voice slightly pennetrating to the heart and a smile spread irresistably across his face. That well rehearsed smile had gotten him far in life, especially with the ladies, and today in compartment fourteen he hoped it would serve him well again. 'I'm Romeo!' He added, stepping closer to where the girl was sat and extending a warm hand from beneath his robes, which he had already changed into.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:35 pm

Some people were talking outside of the compartment, but Addie was deciding whether or not she should try and just lift the trunk anyways. She had purchased  a set with wheels so getting it around the train wasn't a problem. Truthfully, she was more concerned about lacking the upper-body strength to lift it without looking ridiculous in her skirt. She wouldn't be seventeen until March so she couldn't very well go about doing magic, either. Or could she, because it was the train to Hogwarts? Adrienne thought back to her years on the train and was nearly certain students had used magic during their previous journeys.

Pulling her wand out of her shoulder bag, she cast a quick Wingardium Leviosa and watched it lift up to the trunk rack. It landed just as the door to her compartment opened and closed. It was lucky, she mused idly in the back of her mind, that he hadn't come in before she had finished the spell for it likely would have resulted in lack of attention and the trunk falling back to the floor of the train car.

Addie turned her head to look at the boy who had entered, letting her hands return to rest on the belt she wore, wand hanging from her hand loosely. "No, that's fine." She replied, giving him a small smile in return for his friendly one.

As he introduced himself, she returned her wand to her purse. Lifting a hand to meet his she replied, "I'm Adrienne." Tucking the hem of her skirt underneath her legs with her hands, she sat on the compartment seat as she asked, "What year are you going into?" She crossed her legs as she waited for his response.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Logan Lander Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:02 pm

(OOC It said it was open but if you don't want me here just tell me and I'll delete the post.)

Logan had left his brother in his cabin to make his own friends.He had left looking for a cabin that wasn't filled with under classmen. He came across one that had only two people in it and they seemed his age.He opened the door and he asked"Do you mind if I sit here with you?"He had recognized Adrienne from the other day in hogsmead."Adrienne,Right?"He asked to see if he remembered her name correctly.He saw she was with another guy.He hoped for the world not to turn against him to tell him they were a couple.
Logan Lander
Logan Lander
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 182

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:16 pm

Upon Adrienne confirming that Romeo could share the compartment with her he mustered the strength from his arms and inner core and heaved his trunk onto the rack. Patting his hands together afterwards. 

'Adrienne. What a beautiful name.' He responded. It was cliche but sometimes it worked, especially on the more simple girls but little did he know that Adrienne was simple, in fact he was sure that he recognised the name - had Kaiden mentioned her? 

'I'm in the fifth year, what about you?' He answered, choosing to sit opposite her. However before he could hear her reply the Compartment door slid open and a boy, who Romeo recognised to be a Ravenclaw in the year above, stepped in introducing himself. Great. Now he had competition - not that he planned on losing. Romeo never lost when it came to girls. 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:50 pm

The Slytherin - for he was wearing his robes and it was easy to tell what house the guy was in - lifted his trunk with seemingly little effort. Lucky bloke, she mused absentmindedly. He had probably seen her using magic to lift her trunk, though honestly he probably hadn't cared. As a girl who didn't play Quidditch, or like sports in general, it probably wasn't surprising.

"Thank you." She nodded in reply to his compliment. "You can call me Addie, if you want." She lifted a shoulder in a half-shrug. Was it her imagination, or did this Romeo guy want to live up to his name? Adrienne, though a romantic at heart, was slightly amused by his obvious flirting. That just about never happened with her because she was usually more reserved.

She looked up sharply as the compartment opened again and saw the boy she had met in Hogsmeade a while back look in, asking if he could join them. How odd, Addie mused, that of all days she suddenly becomes popular - and with boys no less.

"Yes," She replied, affirming her name once more. "Feel free," She added, gesturing to the seats in the compartment. Turning back to Romeo she answered his question, "I'm a Seventh year Ravenclaw." She didn't know if the house really needed to be added, but she hadn't put her robes over her Muggle clothes yet, so it was possible that he wouldn't know.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Logan Lander Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:37 pm

"Thanks."He said as he walked further in and lifted the trunk and place it on the rack.He smiled at Adrienne as he sat beside her.He immediately had an idea.He came close to whisper something in Adrienne's ear"Would you like to prank him?You know he is the school womanizer so let's pretend to be together"He said in a low voice.He had never pranked someone like this.He always did minor pranks with his brother.He hoped she had the same humor as he did.He wanted to be really together and pretending wasn't a bad start.
Logan Lander
Logan Lander
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:03 am

Addie was a bit surprised when Logan sat next to her, and was even more so when he leaned in to talk into her ear. She was sure Romeo must think her crazy, for her eyes grew wide as she stared at the floor of the compartment in embarrassment.

Logan's words sunk in as Adrienne's eyes shifted to look at Romeo once more. Even if what Logan said was true - which, Addie wasn't quick to assume, as she was hardly someone who deserved to be able to judge others - she definitely wasn't one to prank people. After being pranked a few times growing up by Asher and then again by students at Hogwarts, she knew it wasn't a pleasant feeling at all.

Shaking her head subtly she looked over at Romeo asking, "So I assume you're glad to be back?" The question was basically directed at anyone, though she looked across from her at the Slytherin.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:21 pm

Romeo watched from his seat as the boy sat down besides Adrienne, whispering something in her ear. Narrowing his eyes he wondered what was so private that Romeo couldn't listen, was he talking about him? No. Not unless it was a hint for Addie to befriend Romeo, all the girls wanted to after all.

Adrienne was a Ravenclaw, which was good to know. It meant she was sharp minded, sophisticated and not a Gryffindor - bonus. It wasn't that Gryffindor girls weren't attractive or fun, they were just plain annoying wearing their hearts on their sleeves, showing off and thinking they were God's gift to the castle.

'Yeah. I've missed the castle, quidditch mostly.' He replied, reminding her of the fact he was on the quidditch team. The seeker. The guy who got the girls, the guy who knew what he wanted and how to get it. The guy with incredibly athletic physique. Although truth be told what he missed most was all the girls, at home he had only met one this Summer: Grace, who was rather cool, naive and would serve well for Romeo. 'You?'
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Logan Lander Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:35 pm

"Fine, your the one who's missing out."He shrugged as he jokingly said that.He was disappointed about his cancelled plans."I missed Quidditch too but I had a bit of practice with my brother,I taught him how to play the seven positions."He said showing he also was athletic and that he was versatile."I think he will be a beater like me"He explained."So Romeo you are the seeker I believe?"He had remembered the guy from some of the games he had played.
Logan Lander
Logan Lander
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum